(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,915 posts
  • 1,006 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 530 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JP Truck - Under PF (resized).jpg
IMG_0667-sml (resized).jpg
4ECBF466-D367-4041-BA53-3417ECA3E675 (resized).png
BDC09B3E-70A2-4F5F-B415-9ADFD657D9A3 (resized).jpeg
DNA_combos_wrong2 (resized).png
JP_12 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
JP_08 (resized).jpg
JP_01 (resized).jpg
JP_04 (resized).jpg
20220109_151159 (resized).jpg
0067CF3A-6FDC-4684-8545-73CC9D24B7E0 (resized).jpeg
JP Home Translite (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202333787 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202343621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220106_202401625 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,915 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 259.
#2801 2 years ago

Are pro owners having any issues with their machines the way prem/le owners are?

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Are pro owners having any issues with their machines the way prem/le owners are?

My pro plays like a champ. No issues. Some very minor clear coat pooling, but I'm not concerned about it. I know alot of the chatter in the Premium/LE thread is related to T rex head issues, and raptor lunging issues. Neither is an issue on the pro....lol.

Edit: my raptor gate did break after about 250 plays. Stern shipped me a new one at no charge. See post # 2214

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I think the biggest issues with Pros so far have been the Raptor gates breaking and the upper flipper post coming loose as well as clearcoat issues on early run machines.-I'm hoping these are resolved in the later run games. Does anyone know if Stern currently has Pro's on the line? What are some the recent confirmed Pro build dates? I'm considering ordering one but want to make sure I don't get stuck with one on backstock with the aforementioned issues.

#2804 2 years ago

The biggest problem with the Pro is getting one... (un)patiently waiting. Clearcoat issues have been fixed.

Yes, pro's are currently on the line and are either leaving Stern as I type, or will very shortly.

Quoted from MikeS:

I think the biggest issues with Pros so far have been the Raptor gates breaking and the upper flipper post coming loose as well as clearcoat issues on early run machines.

#2805 2 years ago

Waiting on Josh to get back to me to pull the trigger on a pro with the Stern rewards program. IFPA website says they are currently in stock.

#2806 2 years ago

Dear Jurassic Park Team,

Pleas release a substantial code update prior to Thanksgiving. My Wife’s entire family is coming to our house this year and I need an escape. It would be wonderful if a release that included mini wizard modes and other badass features dropped so I could somehow make it through this event. I’m a prisoner in my own home forced to smell that nasty cauliflower her family thinks is so delicious but smells exactly like vomit.

Please. Help. Me.

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dear Jurassic Park Team,
Pleas release a substantial code update prior to Thanksgiving. My Wife’s entire family is coming to our house this year and I need an escape. It would be wonderful if a release that included mini wizard modes and other badass features dropped so I could somehow make it through this event. I’m a prisoner in my own home forced to smell that nasty cauliflower her family thinks is so delicious but smells exactly like vomit.
Please. Help. Me.

Amen brother!! Preach on!!

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

He might just get all 8, then you will be hurting.

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt! I have a slightly different house rule than the Pinsider above - Thou shalt not have all Grand Champions in my House. First, I’d stay on the damn thing until my fingers bled until I got at least a couple back. Second, if that fails, I’ll reset the scores. That’s the fail safe, but not going to need it. The kid’s a demon to be sure but I can flip. This Marine isn’t going down. Semper Fi and Win at Pinball!

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dear Jurassic Park Team,
Please. Help. Me.

Mostly just to get the pre/le raptor lock bug fixed would be nice. I've had a few good balls end prematurely because of it.

#2810 2 years ago

Feel like I had to do something since it doesn't move

IMG_20191121_203037 (resized).jpg
#2811 2 years ago

Anyone install Titan rubbers? What's the best color combination? Please share!

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I've been having problems with my Premium. On almost every game at some point a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering. Both rollover switches and both optos are working correctly in switch test. My guess is that the left rollover isn't being fully depressed due to the ball speed, or maybe the ball isn't completely flat on the playfield. If it's getting a little airborn it may not be depressing the switch all the way.
I'm just wondering if any of you are seeing this too?
Thanks
Nick

Same problem here (JP Premium). During almost every game, there are shots on the left ramp that are not register. This happens most often on skill shot. Optos are working correctly in switch test.

#2813 2 years ago

It may have been mentioned before, but I’ve had a situation occur where mid ball, the flippers went dead and the ball drained. It was pretty late in the evening after a few beers so the lead up is hazy, but I believe it was during stacked multiball, maybe TREX Chase and Raptor (if that’s even possible). All I remember thinking was, cool I haven’t had this scenario before, flipped for a lil while during a 4-5 ball multi all and then mutton’. No doubt will be resolved at some point with code updates.

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I had orange and green but ended up switching the lanes, flippers, and slings back to rubber. I didn’t like how the ball came off the Titans. Still have the Titans on the posts and upper playfield though.

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Titan green flippers, clear rings. Superbands green post sleeves. Personally, I love the feel of Titan flipper rubbers.

20191026_224414 (resized).jpg
#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Titan green flippers, clear rings. Superbands green post sleeves. Personally, I love the feel of Titan flipper rubbers.[quoted image]

Looks nice!

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from tipontop:

Same problem here (JP Premium). During almost every game, there are shots on the left ramp that are not register. This happens most often on skill shot. Optos are working correctly in switch test.

Try bumping the power down a couple notches on the upper right flipper. I did that and you can still make both shots but slowing it down a bit seems to make the loop register consistently.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from tipontop:

tipontop KevInBuffalo
I had this issue and found that it was caused by the rear most opto board of the exit switch not being parallel with the side of the ramp. The second paragraph of the linked post explains it better. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/57#post-5312847

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

It may have been mentioned before, but I’ve had a situation occur where mid ball, the flippers went dead and the ball drained. It was pretty late in the evening after a few beers so the lead up is hazy, but I believe it was during stacked multiball, maybe TREX Chase and Raptor (if that’s even possible). All I remember thinking was, cool I haven’t had this scenario before, flipped for a lil while during a 4-5 ball multi all and then mutton’. No doubt will be resolved at some point with code updates.

Yeah, if the pen is open during other MBs you can hit the raptor lock and see the post go up for a second and then release the ball. When this happens the game thinks there is a ball locked and it will lose track of how many balls are in play. This means your ball will end when you drain down to one ball.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Yeah, if the pen is open during other MBs you can hit the raptor lock and see the post go up for a second and then release the ball. When this happens the game thinks there is a ball locked and it will lose track of how many balls are in play. This means your ball will end when you drain down to one ball.

Had this happen last night!

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Had this happen last night!

It's pretty bad, I'm surprised they haven't pushed a mini update to address it.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

tipontop kevinbuffalo
I had this issue and found that it was caused by the rear most opto board of the exit switch not being parallel with the side of the ramp. The second paragraph of the linked post explains it better. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/57#post-5312847

Thank you, Jahkub !

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I had orange and green but ended up switching the lanes, flippers, and slings back to rubber. I didn’t like how the ball came off the Titans. Still have the Titans on the posts and upper playfield though.

I originally switched my Red Rubber for Titan Competition flipper rubber..hated it..

Put the rubber back on as recommended by Stern...but...

Forgot I had an order of Pinball Life Perfect Play's coming in to experiement...https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-flipper-rubber-standard-size.html

Put these on and they have an identical feel to the Red Rubber for me...way better than the Titan and Orange...score!!!

#2824 2 years ago

Using perfect play green rubbers on the pro and they work great

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Put these on and they have an identical feel to the Red Rubber for me...way better than the Titan and Orange...score!!!

Yeal, PBL perfect play are the best non-rubber rubbers out there. Great feel, bright colors, easy to clean.

#2826 2 years ago

Not to shill... But everything I've bought from Pinball life has been excellent so far... Coil stops, rubbers, balls... You name it

#2827 2 years ago

My alice cooper came with pinball life prefect play silicone rubbers. They feel super bouncy for one. And 2 they are deteriorating pretty rapidly. Im not impressed. I have titans coming to swap out on ACNC so i Will have back to back comparison. Titans on my getaway are holding up great so far, though i didn't use flipper rubber on it.

#2828 2 years ago

This may have been posted before, but what are the mods ya'll are doing to the pro: don't want to go crazy, but would like to consider some of the more tasteful mods. Currently have green superbandz on order for flipper rubber, a raptor to replace the flat plastic on over the raptor pit, mezel mods helicopter blade mod, and considering a shaker motor. Considering some orange pop caps to mod and put over the faux amber pops. Any other must haves? I ordered a custom shooter rod (which I love) of a t-rex's head, but the amber one also looks great.

#2829 2 years ago

I think the sign covers and raptor pen from Mezel Mods are really good bang for your buck. Disclaimer: I do work there.

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

This may have been posted before, but what are the mods ya'll are doing to the pro: don't want to go crazy, but would like to consider some of the more tasteful mods. Currently have green superbandz on order for flipper rubber, a raptor to replace the flat plastic on over the raptor pit, mezel mods helicopter blade mod, and considering a shaker motor. Considering some orange pop caps to mod and put over the faux amber pops. Any other must haves? I ordered a custom shooter rod (which I love) of a t-rex's head, but the amber one also looks great.

You MUST MUST MUST get a shaker motor!! This is THE title for it. Period. And, if your significant other doesn't mind, add a subwoofer. I also added a realistic helicopter that matches the jeep (see photo in my above post)

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

i got green titans all around table and looks great! but agree. the ball shimmies when rolls down flipper. I dont like them.

#2832 2 years ago

My ball shimmies with original and Titan flipper rubbers. I moved the outlanes as high as possible and this seemed to help. I might try Super Bands, because I think they are skinnier and might solve the problem.

#2833 2 years ago

Can someone please explain this ball shimmies thing? I don 't think I've ever seen this?

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Can someone please explain this ball shimmies thing? I don 't think I've ever seen this?

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Shimmy shimmy cocoa pop

I’m clueless too

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

You MUST MUST MUST get a shaker motor!! This is THE title for it. Period. And, if your significant other doesn't mind, add a subwoofer. I also added a realistic helicopter that matches the jeep (see photo in my above post)

That chopper is cool. Where you get it and was it a easy swap?

#2837 2 years ago

Yeah, I think you all are nuts about the Titan flipper rubbers. To each their own of course. But I never noticed any shimmy, awkwardness, weird bounce, etc.... Just me. I love em. The superbands have a dead bounce quality to them I didn't care for, but id still use them over stock rubbers. Just talking flippers here, not the rest of the rings.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

i dont know another word for it. but it wobbles as it rolls down flipper. like its going over bumps. not a smooth roll down.

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

That chopper is cool. Where you get it and was it a easy swap?

The chopper was an Amazon purchase. I had to fabricate the bracket myself. It wasn't terribly difficult, and it looks waaaaay better than the stock flat useless plastic that came on the machine.

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

i dont know another word for it. but it wobbles as it rolls down flipper. like its going over bumps. not a smooth roll down.

Thanks!
Strange indeed!

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Give them a few plays. Sounds like they may still be a bit "tacky". Not sure how else to describe that

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

The chopper was an Amazon purchase. I had to fabricate the bracket myself. It wasn't terribly difficult, and it looks waaaaay better than the stock flat useless plastic that came on the machine.

I really like it a lot.
The coast guard here in Traverse City flies a chopper around town and over my house with the same paint scheme!

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I really like it a lot.
The coast guard here in Traverse City flies that same exact chopper around town and over my house all the time!

Here ya go

Screenshot_20191122-225507_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#2844 2 years ago

Is the general consensus Perfect Play on the flippers and Titans everywhere else?

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Is the general consensus Perfect Play on the flippers and Titans everywhere else?

Not for me....lol. Rubbers are so cheap, order a set from Superbands, Titan, and Perfect play. See what you like. I like Titan. Whatever you choose, get rid of the crappy black ones Stern puts on at the factory. Especially the post sleeves. They leave black residue all over your balls. (insert ball joke here). Also the stock post sleeves are basically rock hard plastic. They are awful.

#2846 2 years ago

I use Titans too. I just don't get a smooth roll onto the flipper. I don't think it's Titans fault. Additionally, I use 2 3/4" sling shot rubbers instead of 2 1/2". They seem to last a lot longer.

#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I've been having problems with my Premium. On almost every game at some point a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering. Both rollover switches and both optos are working correctly in switch test. My guess is that the left rollover isn't being fully depressed due to the ball speed, or maybe the ball isn't completely flat on the playfield. If it's getting a little airborn it may not be depressing the switch all the way.
I'm just wondering if any of you are seeing this too?
Thanks
Nick

Some shots on my machine aren’t registering either. I just put it all together tonight.... my spinner and left loop (from upper flipper) have had some misses. Going to dive into it this weekend.

If anyone has some insight, please share.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from the_belgian:

Are there premiums with playfieldproblems or is this a problem of the past now? I want to buy one thx

I would say just looking at my JP Premium with about 1000 plays on it right now that the thinner coat is probably the same chemical makeup as the earlier runs with the thicker clear but the thinner application is allowing the line to continue without the large chunked pooling issues

Here's the Pro's & Con's I have come up with so far:

Pro (thinner coat):

Far Less deep dimpling

Less subject to pooling or cracking, although I have experienced a couple areas near 2 posts and 1 ball guide where an extra crank of the nut in the factory caused a little too much pressure and I could see (although very small and slight and I'm talking zoom in max on the phone camera) a small amount of clear bunching/pooling...for the ball guide area - I fixed it with a couple 3 second heat gun passes and some mylar (looks good as new) for the 2 post areas; I removed the posts and cleaned around the hole - definite depressions in the clear were noted showing washer imprint, I added some Starbond Thin viscosity super glue amazon.com link » to the areas and reattached the posts with only hand tightened torque - again looks perfect and the glue did a nice job rebonding the areas

Con's (thinner coat)

Doesn't look as shiny (candy coated) as the older clear - just comparing it to my Star Wars Premium

The less shine seems to show ball wear and rubbing/small scratches much easier than the older thicker clear (they do come out with a little Novus 1 and/or Wizard's Mist and Shine and some new Blitz wax

The outline of the inserts can be slightly felt passing your finger over them, I think a couple more clear coats and they would be encased in the clear, but then we'd be right back to the more severe pooling and chipping...so the trade off is okay in this case

I would still purchase mine again given the issues...it's more nuisance and slight cosmetic, however, mine is HUO

I'm not sure how the thinner playfield would last in the wild or neglected on a route. I guess time will tell from other Pinsiders' experiences

#2849 2 years ago

When I unpacked and set up my LE, I found a little screw in the bottom of the box, so I went searching and finally found where it came from, ( at least I think that is where it came from) I removed the T REX and after searching there was a screw missing on the top just behind the neck of the T REX. So if you find a screw similar to the one in the photo this could be where it belongs, I would probably check to make sure that the screw in this location is tight.

587EB2F1-F1E8-4741-9DA8-D388B4176A60 (resized).png6F0C089F-9B57-4265-AAD5-42711DA0777D (resized).png984E7A36-0CD1-43A6-B264-B80A4F94C0D7 (resized).jpeg
#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I've put Titans in 5 games so far.
Just my opinion but
-classic rubbers disintegrate and make everything dirty.
-Super bands feel like cheating somehow. The flippers seem to really grip the ball while everything feels super ball bouncy at the same time. My shots become more accurate/consistent than they should (from in lanes and trap ups)
-Titans feel a lot like rubber however, there is small break in period (maybe a few dozen games) before the flippers and slings feel right to me, the post rings/sleeves are bouncier and the slings tend to wear a little faster than I'd like.
I also like that I can clean the titans with just my thumb if I have the glass off.

There are 12,915 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 259.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside