(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 424.
#2751 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Did you install the Cliffys just in the shooter lane or is there other areas of the playfield that should be protected?

The shooter lane, both sides and the ball trough drain. Easy to do. Just remove the apron and a few screws.

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I just piggy backed (soldered) off the woofer terminals in my ST pro (SAM system) and ran to floor subwoofer. Works great! Not sure why this Pinnovators board is necessary? Unless there is a reason I can't piggy back off a Spike 2 Woofer???
I plan to use this A/B switch box to connect my subwoofer to both pins when I get my JP pro. Anyone try this?
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

There's no reason you can't piggy back off of the woofer, I did it myself for many months. However, the bass is far cleaner and louder when using the pinnovators board. I promise, it's worth the measly $35.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The shooter lane, both sides and the ball trough drain. Easy to do. Just remove the apron and a few screws.

Where is everyone finding the Cliffy sets for JP? I don't see them on their website. I have the one generic spike 2 piece that goes in front of the ball ejector, but that's it.

#2754 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I just piggy backed (soldered) off the woofer terminals in my ST pro (SAM system) and ran to floor subwoofer. Works great! Not sure why this Pinnovators board is necessary? Unless there is a reason I can't piggy back off a Spike 2 Woofer???
I plan to use this A/B switch box to connect my subwoofer to both pins when I get my JP pro. Anyone try this?
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

First of all, I am in no way associated with pinnovators. I’ve just used many of them.

The absolute cleanest way to go is with the pinnovators sub out kit. No soldering. No modifying your machine. Low level output. Doesn’t rob power from the cabinet woofer. Works great.

You have been connecting speaker wire to you woofer terminals and taking the high level (speaker) output from the pin to the high level inputs on your subwoofer. Works, but not ideal.

Your switcher above is a low level (RCA) a/b switcher. It’s designed for 2 low level inputs and designed to select either input A or input B. It’s not designed to mix 2 inputs into one output. It’s also not designed to merge 2 high level speaker outputs into one low level output.

Many subs have a pair of high level inputs (usually L and R). If your sub has this then you could connect both pins the same way you’ve done before from the woofer terminals. Not clean, but will work.

The cleaner way to go is to use 2 sub out kits connecting to something like the pinnovators PINsmx which allows 4 low level connections. It’s a mixer, not a switcher.

Hope this helps.
Nick (AV nerd)

#2755 4 years ago

I guess that's it for now! Really sucks because I had 3 balls left. When you get this game flowing, it's pretty epic!

IMG_20191117_234741 (resized).jpgIMG_20191117_234741 (resized).jpg
#2756 4 years ago

So currently as the code is now... the gsme endd at visitor center? Does it reset and the island over, or are you stuck in limbo with nothing more to do?

#2757 4 years ago

I mocked this up real quick in order to get rid of the yellow pricing card.
Enjoy?

jurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpgjurassicParkJeffGoldblumShirtless (resized).jpg
#2758 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Enjoy?[quoted image]

I think it’s nice piece to add.

#2759 4 years ago

Are there premiums with playfieldproblems or is this a problem of the past now? I want to buy one thx

#2760 4 years ago
Quoted from the_belgian:

Are there premiums with playfieldproblems or is this a problem of the past now? I want to buy one thx

The playfield clear coat pooling/chipping seems be an issue on earlier runs. Recent new posts show a thinner coating and no issues, but YMMV...

#2761 4 years ago

YMMV...'Your Mileage May Vary'... Had to look it up!

Wondering how these playfields will look after thousands of plays? I would think that if you keep them clean and waxed, they should be OK.

I want to order a Pro, but waiting to see if the new cc is consistent.

#2762 4 years ago

My pro has a build date of mid October and no play field issues.

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So currently as the code is now... the gsme endd at visitor center? Does it reset and the island over, or are you stuck in limbo with nothing more to do?

Apparently.

As far as I could tell (with three balls) you're stick in that mode. I kept working on more raptor and Chaos MBs until my game was over.

Hoping they do something amazing for this mode.

#2764 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Apparently.
As far as I could tell (with three balls) you're stick in that mode. I kept working on more raptor and Chaos MBs until my game was over.
Hoping they do something amazing for this mode.

My dream Thanksgiving weekend next week is a bunch of food to eat and new Jurassic Park code to explore for 4 days.

#2765 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

My pro has a build date of mid October and no play field issues.

Mine end of sept nothing to say for now

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Enjoy?[quoted image]

I NEED that!

#2767 4 years ago

Hey guys.
I've been having problems with my Premium. On almost every game at some point a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering. Both rollover switches and both optos are working correctly in switch test. My guess is that the left rollover isn't being fully depressed due to the ball speed, or maybe the ball isn't completely flat on the playfield. If it's getting a little airborn it may not be depressing the switch all the way.
I'm just wondering if any of you are seeing this too?

Thanks
Nick

#2768 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I think it’s nice piece to add.

"nice piece of add" right? lol

To each his own

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hey guys.
I've been having problems with my Premium. On almost every game at some point a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering. Both rollover switches and both optos are working correctly in switch test. My guess is that the left rollover isn't being fully depressed due to the ball speed, or maybe the ball isn't completely flat on the playfield. If it's getting a little airborn it may not be depressing the switch all the way.
Thanks
Nick

I dont have a JP yet so I cant say for sure but I had the same issue on my Maiden loops. Put a piece of electrical tape around the optos covering the bottom half of the beam and you should be good to go. Narrowing the beam means the ball can break it long enough at high speeds to register properly. Hope this helps.

#2770 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

"nice piece of add" right? lol
To each his own

I'd rather have Jeff as a topper but this will suffice for now.

20191118_170751 (resized).jpg20191118_170751 (resized).jpg
#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I'd rather have Jeff as a topper but this will suffice for now.[quoted image]

LOL... that's great

#2772 4 years ago

Ideally I want a animatronic Spitter topper that spits bear spray when a slam tilt is triggered.

#2773 4 years ago

Hey guys.
Thanks
Nick

I haven't had this issue personally, but I have a feeling you're on the right track with the trouble shooting. Everything works fine if it's a lower speed shot, correct?

#2774 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I dont have a JP yet so I cant say for sure but I had the same issue on my Maiden loops. Put a piece of electrical tape around the optos covering the bottom half of the beam and you should be good to go. Narrowing the beam means the ball can break it long enough at high speeds to register properly. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the idea. I'll look into it.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I haven't had this issue personally, but I have a feeling you're on the right track with the trouble shooting. Everything works fine if it's a lower speed shot, correct?

Correct

#2775 4 years ago

Hey guys.
Thanks
Nick

I have been having the same issue.

#2776 4 years ago

I noticed that happen a few times last night as well. Hoping a code update will recognize the fast shots better...

#2777 4 years ago

My failed idea for a topper. Turned out to be too top heavy with nudging, will likely end up putting this on a shelf just above the backbox instead.

IMG_20191117_124508 (resized).jpgIMG_20191117_124508 (resized).jpg

#2778 4 years ago

a high speed left orbit shot from the upper flipper isn't registering.

I had this happening on both orbits for fast shots (seen on other games too). Its not an opto, but a micro switch. The best fix is to make the orbit switches more "hair trigger" by bending the metal wire. Basically you want it to trigger the switch with the least amount of depression possible. I raise the playfield and use needlenose pliers to slightly bend it near the joint of wire/metal blade near the switch. You'll have to take the switch off the playfield to adjust, and put it back in place to test. Factory adjustment had these toggling at about 1/4" or more and now mine are adjusted to trip more like 1/16"

Working much better now.

#2779 4 years ago

Whoa that might have been one of my best balls ever...

IMG_20191119_212048 (resized).jpgIMG_20191119_212048 (resized).jpg
#2780 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Enjoy?[quoted image]

This is wrong on so many levels......nice job though.

#2781 4 years ago

Where is everyone finding the Cliffy sets for JP? I don't see them on their website. I have the one generic spike 2 piece that goes in front of the ball ejector, but that's it.

He doesn’t list everything he has on his website. But just email him anytime you need something and if he has it he’ll let you know, if he doesn’t same thing.

#2782 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is wrong on so many levels......nice job though.

How could it be wrong when it feels so right?

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

He doesn’t list everything he has on his website. But just email him anytime you need something and if he has it he’ll let you know, if he doesn’t same thing.

Thanks for the info. I'll shoot out an email tomorrow.

#2784 4 years ago

I don't think I could pull off this again if I tried...

IMG_20191119_192813 (resized).jpgIMG_20191119_192813 (resized).jpg
#2785 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2786 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

My failed idea for a topper. Turned out to be too top heavy with nudging, will likely end up putting this on a shelf just above the backbox instead.
[quoted image]

If Stern’s official topper is anything like that (it must be the gates right?) it would be a must buy!

#2787 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern’s official topper is anything like that (it must be the gates right?) it would be a must buy!

The boxed Lego set fits the table theme really well even though it's "Jurassic World", I'm bummed it has to go on a shelf above the table instead. Unfortunately the T-Rex has weak ankles, both it and the gate were swaying a lot when testing. I don't think gluing it would have helped much, either. The last thing I wanted is the legs to snap on a forward nudge and the whole thing come down through the cabinet glass.

#2788 4 years ago

F'ng pinball!

After getting 464M on the very first ball, I crapped the bed on the next 3 balls and ended at 530M!

#2789 4 years ago

F'ng pinball!
After getting 464M on the very first ball, I crapped the bed on the next 3 balls and ended at 530M!

Sounds about right

#2790 4 years ago

My friend @lawnboy came and set a 1.5 billion score on his first game on my pin the other day. Gonna take us a while to knock that one off the top.

#2791 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My friend @lawnboy came and set a 1.5 billion score on his first game on my pin the other day. Gonna take us a while to knock that one off the top.

What a jerk! Tell him to put a high score on his own pinball machines LOL

#2792 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What a jerk! Tell him to put a high score on his own pinball machines LOL

My friend Who-Dey did the same to me

#2793 4 years ago

F'ng pinball!

I cant seem to break 600 mil. What the hell am I doing wrong. lol

#2794 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

1.5 Billion on his first game?!?! Holy Hell, that's insane! I can't stand not having the high scores on my own machines.

#2795 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I cant seem to break 600 mil. What the hell am I doing wrong. lol

Nothing! lol

It'll "just happen" at some point. I lucked out and couldn't miss my shots (I usually brick them a lot), stacked a few modes then started chaos mb. WOW. My score doubled in no time and I ended with 1.2B+

It also depends on what settings ppl change on their games, such as unlimited EBs, EB award instead of credit, multiple replay levels. It's difficult to compare if you don't know what settings have been changed.

A 3-ball per game can quickly turn into an 7-8-9 ball game depending on those settings.

If you have everything on factory defaults then it's much harder!

As for me, it's MY game, I paid for it, I will do what I want (like open the goodie bag and change settings). I have it set to award EBs instead of credits.

Cheers!

#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Nothing! lol
It'll "just happen" at some point. I lucked out and couldn't miss my shots (I usually brick them a lot), stacked a few modes then started chaos mb. WOW. My score doubled in no time and I ended with 1.2B+
It also depends on what settings ppl change on their games, such as unlimited EBs, EB award instead of credit, multiple replay levels. It's difficult to compare if you don't know what settings have been changed.
A 3-ball per game can quickly turn into an 7-8-9 ball game depending on those settings.
If you have everything on factory defaults then it's much harder!
As for me, it's MY game, I paid for it, I will do what I want (like open the goodie bag and change settings). I have it set to award EBs instead of credits.
Cheers!

Thanks Mike, gonna go follow your lead.

Now how do I fix my issue with Luci? She's pissed man. haha

#2797 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Your first problem is you need to stop referring to him as "friend". Haha

House rule #1... If you're about to put up a new GC, I will pants you.

#2798 4 years ago

1.5 Billion on his first game?!?! Holy Hell, that's insane! I can't stand not having the high scores on my own machines.

Tell me about it! My 10-year-old son has the GC on five of my eight machines. Chafes my ass.......

#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Tell me about it! My 10-year-old son has the GC on five of my eight machines. Chafes my ass.......

He might just get all 8, then you will be hurting.

#2800 4 years ago

Just got My JP2 Premium on Friday. I finally got a chance to Post a pick and Join the club. Build date Nov 6 FRESH!
Playing Great Out of the BOX.
Installed Shooter
20191115_154512 (resized).jpg20191115_154512 (resized).jpg20191115_154512.jpg20191115_154512.jpgjurasssic MFG (resized).jpgjurasssic MFG (resized).jpgjurasssic MFG (resized).jpgjurasssic MFG (resized).jpgjurasssic MFG.jpgjurasssic MFG.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/56?hl=frboisvert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.