(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 426.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Boom![quoted image]

Is the width of the DE translite the same as the Stern?

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I pre-ordered mine with lights from Little Shop of Games (LSOG) way back in July. Although 3 weeks ago they said Stern was shipping their first batch within 2 weeks, I finally got them to reply to me today and they said Stern still hasn't confirmed. Also I think all of theirs are spoken for since they are showing Sold Out on the product page. The waiting and confusion of how Stern goes about the order of sending these to their distributors/resellers continues... Makes no sense why so many who ordered so much later from both Stern and other resellers have received theirs already.

I had an early order in with Stern and they still haven't sent me anything. Has to be 3 or 4 weeks now and no communication. I did it directly with Stern to make sure I got it, and it didn't make a difference. I should have just ordered it from Little Shop of Games and let Marshal deal with Stern. He has much more communication with them than I do.

#2703 4 years ago

With my last code update everything f working fine, except when I reach visitor center the game just basically ends. I no longer have option to play king of island and there is no modes besides multi balls and Trex I can start?

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is the width of the DE translite the same as the Stern?

If not the exact same width, very close.
I measured without pulling them out but they are almost the exact same width including trim, probably within a 1/16".

#2705 4 years ago

where is the DP !? ...

#2706 4 years ago

Candy store!!

38DE35ED-AA7F-4F60-98DD-1FCC06C714F6 (resized).jpeg38DE35ED-AA7F-4F60-98DD-1FCC06C714F6 (resized).jpeg
#2707 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

With my last code update everything f working fine, except when I reach visitor center the game just basically ends. I no longer have option to play king of island and there is no modes besides multi balls and Trex I can start?

KOTI is started by capturing Spinosaurus and then shooting the ramp. You have to do it before you get to the Visitors Center. But yes, currently the game basically ends at the Visitors Center. Keith has previously mentioned that in the future code update that after you play the VC, you will then have to escape the park going back through the paddocks and how hard it is to escape will be determined by how many people you saved. Guess we'll see if that's still the plan when the new code drops. But for now, take the long road to the VC.

#2708 4 years ago

Checking in! My upper flipper post finally worked its way loose again (despite blue loctite).

So I took the opportunity to put the post replacement kit in. While the post was out, I did also mask off the post area, do some light sanding and apply some clearcoat. This was my first time messing with any of the mechanisms, as you have to remove the flipper assembly to get the old pieces out and tighten the post from both sides of the playfield. I wish I had taken a picture underneath, because the nut did not clear the flipper's assembly and I was forced to use a pair of wrenches to flair out the bracket slightly so it would clear the new lock-nut that holds the post in place. The washer on top is considerably taller and wider, and covered up nearly ever bit of the chipping that I had encountered. I'm satisfied, if not still slightly annoyed that I had to do this on a new product at all. I suppose I could have pressed on my distributor to do this as well. I did inspect all the other holes on the playfield for any kind of chipping and it appears I've gotten lucky with every other spot. I did notice that there is some dimpling across the playfield, but I don't know what "normal" wear is in my head so I can only assume it is normal. I'll attempt to capture a picture of it.

IMG_3062 (resized).JPGIMG_3062 (resized).JPG
#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

KOTI is started by capturing Spinosaurus and then shooting the ramp. You have to do it before you get to the Visitors Center. But yes, currently the game basically ends at the Visitors Center. Keith has previously mentioned that in the future code update that after you play the VC, you will then have to escape the park going back through the paddocks and how hard it is to escape will be determined by how many people you saved. Guess we'll see if that's still the plan when the new code drops. But for now, take the long road to the VC.

I do start at beginning and play all paddocks, but it's not letting me do spinosaurus? I'm guessing I don't have the truck facing the correct direction before beginning the spinosaurus paddock, then I reach visitor center and can't go back and play it? What do you mean by long road? I thought you had to progress through paddocks from the start

#2710 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I do start at beginning and play all paddocks, but it's not letting me do spinosaurus? I'm guessing I don't have the truck facing the correct direction before beginning the spinosaurus paddock, then I reach visitor center and can't go back and play it? What do you mean by long road? I thought you had to progress through paddocks from the start

The truck controls what paddock you play. When the ramp is blinking to start the paddock, this is when you need to shoot the truck to change course.

Take the long way means play more paddocks. You can get to the VC more quickly by only playing the paddocks on the sides and bee lining for the VC or you can cut back and forth to get there.

Currently if you pass by the Spinosaurus you can't get back to it.

#2711 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I do start at beginning and play all paddocks, but it's not letting me do spinosaurus? I'm guessing I don't have the truck facing the correct direction before beginning the spinosaurus paddock

The paddock mode you start depends on the direction the truck is facing when you hit the left ramp after lighting M-A-P. You can only get to the Spinosaurus paddock by going right from the Stegosaurus paddock or left from the Compsognathus paddock.

Quoted from Breger1:

...then I reach visitor center and can't go back and play it?

You have to complete Spinosaurus before you reach the Pteranodon or Velociraptor paddocks.

Quoted from Breger1:

What do you mean by long road? I thought you had to progress through paddocks from the start

You can get to the Visitor Center completing as few as five paddocks/modes by taking all left turns or all right turns up the map, or up to eight if you alternate left and right turns and complete some or all of the super predator paddocks (Dilophosaurus (Spitter), Tyrannosaurus Rex, Spinosaurus) up the middle.

#2712 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Checking in! My upper flipper post finally worked its way loose again (despite blue loctite).
So I took the opportunity to put the post replacement kit in. While the post was out, I did also mask off the post area, do some light sanding and apply some clearcoat. This was my first time messing with any of the mechanisms, as you have to remove the flipper assembly to get the old pieces out and tighten the post from both sides of the playfield. I wish I had taken a picture underneath, because the nut did not clear the flipper's assembly and I was forced to use a pair of wrenches to flair out the bracket slightly so it would clear the new lock-nut that holds the post in place. The washer on top is considerably taller and wider, and covered up nearly ever bit of the chipping that I had encountered. I'm satisfied, if not still slightly annoyed that I had to do this on a new product at all. I suppose I could have pressed on my distributor to do this as well. I did inspect all the other holes on the playfield for any kind of chipping and it appears I've gotten lucky with every other spot. I did notice that there is some dimpling across the playfield, but I don't know what "normal" wear is in my head so I can only assume it is normal. I'll attempt to capture a picture of it.[quoted image]

#2713 4 years ago

So the new post, does it change the game play? Go for the shaker motor and let the magic happened

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

So the new post, does it change the game play? Go for the shaker motor and let the magic happened

The replacement post doesn't seem to change gameplay at all. The ball still contacts the rubber part of the post in the same exact position and doesn't appear to touch the washer in any way. I did my best aligning the flipper as Stern indicated in the instructions.

#2715 4 years ago

Is anyone putting a shooter lane protector on their JP? Wondering if it would be a good idea or a waste.

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

You can get to the Visitor Center completing as few as five paddocks/modes

Four, actually. Which I've done on accident a couple times, and is a bummer in the current code.

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is anyone putting a shooter lane protector on their JP?

I didn't buy an actual protector, but I took the apron off and loosened the woodrail to get some mylar down in that area. Just cut it roughly to size/shape, then trim off any overhang, as well as the switch slot. Might not be bulletproof long term, but certainly can't hurt.

#2718 4 years ago

Unboxing my new Jurassic Park premium! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

D79E0B66-0684-41FC-BB4B-1D5A5F7CD749 (resized).jpegD79E0B66-0684-41FC-BB4B-1D5A5F7CD749 (resized).jpeg
#2719 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Unboxing my new Jurassic Park premium! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

Is the dog a beagle KevInBuffalo ?

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I didn't buy an actual protector, but I took the apron off and loosened the woodrail to get some mylar down in that area. Just cut it roughly to size/shape, then trim off any overhang, as well as the switch slot. Might not be bulletproof long term, but certainly can't hurt.

thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed a full blown "protector" or if mylar was sufficient. I didnt' want to damage it but in a home setting may be overkill.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Is the dog a beagle KevinBuffalo ?

He’s a treeing walker coonhound. Kinda like an 85 pound beagle

#2722 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I pre-ordered mine with lights from Little Shop of Games (LSOG) way back in July. Although 3 weeks ago they said Stern was shipping their first batch within 2 weeks, I finally got them to reply to me today and they said Stern still hasn't confirmed. Also I think all of theirs are spoken for since they are showing Sold Out on the product page. The waiting and confusion of how Stern goes about the order of sending these to their distributors/resellers continues... Makes no sense why so many who ordered so much later from both Stern and other resellers have received theirs already.

For anyone still waiting on their Amber Shooter from resellers, the timeline is still drawn out at least for those who ordered from LSOG/resellers who haven't received their orders yet. Stern just got back to me today saying they just received new amber ends and will be putting the rods back into production in 10 days. According to them this means my preorder from LSOG should ship out to me in 2-3 weeks from today. I'm guessing closer to the 3 week mark. Hope this helps!

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks. I wasn't sure if I needed a full blown "protector" or if mylar was sufficient. I didnt' want to damage it but in a home setting may be overkill.

You can also turn down the ball eject power, that will save a lot of wear on the shooter lane.

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is anyone putting a shooter lane protector on their JP? Wondering if it would be a good idea or a waste.

I put one on... they are using star Wars protector for JP... it came loose twice so I took it off

#2725 4 years ago

Put shooter rod and shaker on today

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2726 4 years ago

Where did you connect the power for the rod?

15738740451647609268790882794947 (resized).jpg15738740451647609268790882794947 (resized).jpg
#2727 4 years ago

Can anyone measure the width of the head on their game? I have the brochure listing it as 27" wide and I just wanted to make sure that is accurate.
I measured the only pin I have now and it is wider than that.

#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Where did you connect the power for the rod?[quoted image]

Cn15 pinout on cabinet board, strung in same bundle as Shaker motor wires and right flipper
Screenshot_20191115-221817_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191115-221817_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191115-221823_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191115-221823_Photos (resized).jpg

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I’m putting Cliffy’s in. IMHO they work better and last longer. Look better too. Just got Cliffy’s for four Stern pins including JP. Hoping to put them all in in one afternoon.

#2730 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Can anyone measure the width of the head on their game? I have the brochure listing it as 27" wide and I just wanted to make sure that is accurate.
I measured the only pin I have now and it is wider than that.

Just a hair over 27 - 3/4" on mine.

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same

#2732 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

You can also turn down the ball eject power, that will save a lot of wear on the shooter lane.

Thanks, I didnt find this in the adjustments menu, do you know where to do that? Ball does come out very forcefully and that would make sense for sure.

#2733 4 years ago

What is your preferred adjustment for the flipper power level? I waxed the JP3 playfield last week & the ball seems to fly around at 90 mph. Is the factory numbers a little too much?

Also, has anyone adjusted the sound to their liking? Not sure if it's possible to maximize the sound quality w/ the stock speakers, but has anyone found the sweet spot?

#2734 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thank you both!
I pick my Pro up in 5 hours and can't wait!

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

What is your preferred adjustment for the flipper power level? I waxed the JP3 playfield last week & the ball seems to fly around at 90 mph. Is the factory numbers a little too much?
Also, has anyone adjusted the sound to their liking? Not sure if it's possible to maximize the sound quality w/ the stock speakers, but has anyone found the sweet spot?

I ha have the right flipper and 245, left at 230 and upper at 230, I also reduced the trough kick out a bit

#2736 4 years ago

No doubt the trough kick out flies out of the shoot w/ some force which could possibly do some incremental damage over time. I need to reduce the trough kick out, but really need to mylar the shooting lane soon.

I'll experiment w/ the 245,230,230 flipper adjustment this evening.

Anyone out there adjust their speaker/sound w/ better results in sound quality?

#2737 4 years ago

Another set of good looking art blades for JP

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-jurassic-park-pinblades

46e848d0dd54c20a6ab535c008854aab13b1227d (resized).png46e848d0dd54c20a6ab535c008854aab13b1227d (resized).png
#2738 4 years ago

I played Green-Machines new JP Premium last night and all I can say is that it is amazing! Its possibly the coolest pinball machine I have ever played in my life.

#2739 4 years ago

Are those using Stern/Johnny Craps art?

#2740 4 years ago

Anyone have a schematic of the coin door interlock switch they could post?

Thanks

#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I played Green-Machines new JP Premium last night and all I can say is that it is amazing! Its possibly the coolest pinball machine I have ever played in my life.

It really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive owned over a hundred.....this blows everything else away!

#2742 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive owned over a hundred.....this blows everything else away!

It truthfully is THAT GOOD! I was wanting a MBRSE really bad and may still get one who knows, but this game here has me wondering what i should do now. JP or MB.....hmm.

#2743 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It truthfully is THAT GOOD! I was wanting a MBRSE really bad and may still get one who knows, but this game here has me wondering what i should do now. JP or MB.....hmm.

I have both and it's not even close. Get jp premium.

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I have both and it's not even close. Get jp premium.

Thanks for your input. Green Machine also has a sub hooked up to his and it sounds like the dinosaurs are running thru your house. A sub is a must for you guys that have this game.

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for your input. Green Machine also has a sub hooked up to his and it sounds like the dinosaurs running thru your house. A sub is a must for you guys that have this game.

Well, there you go @who-dey! Thanks for coming by to share in a fun pin night trying out my new addition JPPrem! Had a good time with you and D8n-flipped and S-Miles

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for your input. Green Machine also has a sub hooked up to his and it sounds like the dinosaurs are running thru your house. A sub is a must for you guys that have this game.

Check out. this is what is do. easy cheap and great sound.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from orb:

Check out. this is what is do. easy cheap and great sound.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

I just piggy backed (soldered) off the woofer terminals in my ST pro (SAM system) and ran to floor subwoofer. Works great! Not sure why this Pinnovators board is necessary? Unless there is a reason I can't piggy back off a Spike 2 Woofer???
I plan to use this A/B switch box to connect my subwoofer to both pins when I get my JP pro. Anyone try this?
https://www.amazon.com/Optimal-Switch-Selector-Splitter-Recorder/dp/B00J6W8D0C/ref=sr_1_4
61A73DVOXWL._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg61A73DVOXWL._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

No doubt the trough kick out flies out of the shoot w/ some force which could possibly do some incremental damage over time. I need to reduce the trough kick out, but really need to mylar the shooting lane soon.
I'll experiment w/ the 245,230,230 flipper adjustment this evening.
Anyone out there adjust their speaker/sound w/ better results in sound quality?

I would recommend Cliffy’s they are much better than mylar and last a lot longer. Just put them on my JP3 yesterday.

#2749 4 years ago

Did you install the Cliffys just in the shooter lane or is there other areas of the playfield that should be protected?

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone have a schematic of the coin door interlock switch they could post?
Thanks

Bump?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/55?hl=frboisvert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.