(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 424.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Ready to place an order for art blades. I've seen the blades w/ the dinosaur's eyes & thought it was alright but not great. What blades do you recommend & can you purchase the blades for the LE separately?
I've also posted here previously w/ a problem I've had w/ a shaker motor from CoinTaker. The cover doesn't fit so I will simply return it. Where did you purchase your shaker from w/ satisfied results?

Just bought one from Marco. Better pricing than Cointaker if I remember correctly.

#2652 4 years ago

#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Actually they start high because all the people that buy NIB rate their games high to try to keep their purchases interest and value high. The "haters" are the more objective ones that can rate the games merit without personalfinancial interests.

I don't even look at the ratings because they are inconsequential to what I like - and don't like.

Rob

#2654 4 years ago

Woohoo! Table arrived today and had a chance to play a few games, it's such an awesome table layout.

Not sure if I need to make some other PF adjustments since I'm only getting about 1/5 plunger shots through the half-pipe, plus I'm having a really difficult time getting the ball up the T-Rex/left ramp. Most of my shots just seem to rattle left to right just past the flap and roll back out. I'm not the greatest by any stretch, but yikes it seems way tougher to hit that left ramp than it was when I played it at PRGE.

#2655 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Woohoo! Table arrived today and had a chance to play a few games, it's such an awesome table layout.
Not sure if I need to make some other PF adjustments since I'm only getting about 1/5 plunger shots through the half-pipe, plus I'm having a really difficult time getting the ball up the T-Rex/left ramp. Most of my shots just seem to rattle left to right just past the flap and roll back out. I'm not the greatest by any stretch, but yikes it seems way tougher to hit that left ramp than it was when I played it at PRGE.

I've found this game to be extremely sensitive to play field angle as well as left to right angle... Also playfield angles very throughout the top in the bottom so I would take the average and always go conservatively and lean towards the lower...6.5 is the sweet spot

As soon as I did this I started making all my shots and the game actually sped up seems to play like I've seen in the videos...

this not being a typical fan layout if you don't make your shot the ball will brick and on a steep angle you wind up with a slow ball play

YMMV

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I've found this game to be extremely sensitive to play field angle as well as left to right angle... Also playfield angles very throughout the top in the bottom so I would take the average and always go conservatively and lean towards the lower...6.5 is the sweet spot
As soon as I did this I started making all my shots and the game actually sped up seems to play like I've seen in the videos...
this not being a typical fan layout if you don't make your shot the ball will brick and on a steep angle you wind up with a slow ball play
YMMV

I have my premium at 6.9 degrees and that seems about right. The half pipe is very consistent with 100% manual plunges and about 90% auto launches. I did not adjust anything yet and will leave it.

Rob

#2657 4 years ago

Well I just sunk $15 into this game at the barcade tonight. Definitely my next pickup...hopefully in a couple of weeks!

#2658 4 years ago

Anyone install mirror blades on his jp pro...wonder what would be the effect

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Frboisvert:

Anyone install mirror blades on his jp pro...wonder what would be the effect

#2660 4 years ago

Just a heads up my JP Pro is for sale:

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Machine - For Sale

Jurassic Park (Pro)

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “Game has not left my gameroom since unboxing it new.

Upgrades:

- Silent SPIKE power supply fan
- Stern shaker motor
- Titan flipper rubbers
- Silverjet balls

Game is upstairs bu...”

19 days ago

Frisco, TX

zaphX

Great price, will be gone in 10 seconds.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Great price, will be gone in 10 seconds.

Did this sell - I think I am late 10 seconds has passed.

Seriously selling already- dang.

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Machine - For Sale

Jurassic Park (Pro)

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “Game has not left my gameroom since unboxing it new.

Upgrades:

- Silent SPIKE power supply fan
- Stern shaker motor
- Titan flipper rubbers
- Silverjet balls

Game is upstairs bu...”

19 days ago

Frisco, TX

zaphX

Man, what's the reason for sale? It just didn't click with you?

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Man, what's the reason for sale? It just didn't click with you?

Selling it and Wonka SE to fund Wonka CE.

That game has its hooks in us bad bad bad!

#2665 4 years ago

Got my new JP pro and I decided I like the original Jeep better than the “adventure vehicle.” Just my personal taste. Check it out! Was pretty easy. Love this pin!

060AB1CB-BACE-4696-B47E-BEDF25D5F16B (resized).jpeg060AB1CB-BACE-4696-B47E-BEDF25D5F16B (resized).jpeg02377874-F0BC-4BF4-BC26-13FC50DE2F2B (resized).jpeg02377874-F0BC-4BF4-BC26-13FC50DE2F2B (resized).jpeg
#2666 4 years ago

Has anyone installed those black mirrored blades? I've never seen a set irl but I could see them looking real sharp in this one.

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Has anyone installed those black mirrored blades? I've never seen a set irl but I could see them looking real sharp in this one.

Never seen BLACK mirror blades! Cool!

#2668 4 years ago
Quoted from orb:

[quoted image]

Cool!
Where did you get the striped speaker grills?

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I just sunk $15 into this game at the barcade tonight. Definitely my next pickup...hopefully in a couple of weeks!

that was us, even when I had my LE on order, while waiting, I must have put 100.00 or so into between our local place and NYNY in Las Vegas, NV. Yep, I go to vegas and play JP instead of CRAPS.... LOL (at least this trip!)

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did this sell - I think I am late 10 seconds has passed.
Seriously selling already- dang.

Been up since the 23rd

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Prior to leveling, slope was around 7.8 degrees and now it's about 6.7; no difference on me hitting ramps or the launch half-pipe bricking. Left to right was leaning to the right 0.2 degrees and is now dead on 0.0 degrees. All measurements were taken off of the PF surface at the base of the ramps and at the flippers.

I still have the stock blacks on the flippers which might also be a factor since the PRGE tables all had reds and that's more what I'm used to on my other tables. My pinball skills aren't good enough to easily compensate for the difference

Quoted from Rob_G:

I have my premium at 6.9 degrees and that seems about right. The half pipe is very consistent with 100% manual plunges and about 90% auto launches.

The auto-launcher fairs better than me with the plunger getting up the half-pipe. I noticed when there is a bricking issue, the ball is traveling more on the left side of the shooting lane. I was trying to find the post, someone mentioned backing off the lower left launch ramp screw and slightly propping up that side with a washer/grommet to better guide the ball to the middle of the lane. If there isn't an obvious plunger alignment problem I might try that next to see if it helps.

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Cool!

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jurassic-park-stern

#2673 4 years ago

I posted this in the other JP thread as well but I have a new problem since yesterday...

The up post on the control room shot is somehow dropping lower and I keep getting balls stuck in the divot where the post comes out. Suggestions?

#2674 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Cool!

I bought the entire sticker bundle..looks great. Dont forget to get the ramp stickers. Makes a huge difference.

The lock bar one is a must.

cards (resized).jpgcards (resized).jpg
#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Got my new JP pro and I decided I like the original Jeep better than the “adventure vehicle.” Just my personal taste. Check it out! Was pretty easy. Love this pin![quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get it?

#2676 4 years ago

So I'm hearing that the new JP's are coming with thinner clear and it's good? What do you guys think about this?

#2677 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I bought the entire sticker bundle..looks great. Dont forget to get the ramp stickers. Makes a huge difference.
The lock bar one is a must.[quoted image]

From who?

#2678 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So I'm hearing that the new JP's are coming with thinner clear and it's good? What do you guys think about this?

My Pro table arrived yesterday, no pooling that I can find. I can feel a very slight ridge around the edge of inserts. No dimpling, but my table is only a day old with ~20 plays.

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from orb:

what was the verdict on shaker? is it strong? is it the machine or is it the shaker?

Yap got one amazing happening during features and very different from scene to scene...worth it!!

#2680 4 years ago

Shaker is a must.
Installed it straight away and don't regret it 1 cent!

#2681 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was wondering if the thickness of the clear was perhaps the culprit in all the pooling issues. The 2 older sterns I've owned didn't have nearly as thick a layer of clear on them. Even my GoTG from 2017 is thin compared to JP. Perhaps someone just got a little overzealous with the application, and hence the pooling. Where did you hear that newer machines might be shipping with less clear?? That's interesting.

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I posted this in the other JP thread as well but I have a new problem since yesterday...
The up post on the control room shot is somehow dropping lower and I keep getting balls stuck in the divot where the post comes out. Suggestions?

I've not read about anyone else having this issue yet, but if it were me, I'd start by raising the playfield, and having a look at the post mechanism. Make sure its secured to the playfield properly. Then start inspecting, looking for anything that seems defective or broken or on it's way to broken. Also look and see if there's any way to adjust it from below.

#2683 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

that was us, even when I had my LE on order, while waiting, I must have put 100.00 or so into between our local place and NYNY in Las Vegas, NV. Yep, I go to vegas and play JP instead of CRAPS.... LOL (at least this trip!)

I just played that machine in Vegas a couple weeks ago in NYNY....Man they had that thing angled high..at least when I was there...it was a drain monster

#2684 4 years ago

I was wondering if the thickness of the clear was perhaps the culprit in all the pooling issues. The 2 older sterns I've owned didn't have nearly as thick a layer of clear on them. Even my GoTG from 2017 is thin compared to JP. Perhaps someone just got a little overzealous with the application, and hence the pooling. Where did you hear that newer machines might be shipping with less clear?? That's interesting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern

If that was the cause, then it was probably just a cure time issue for the cc.

#2685 4 years ago

Here's some pics of my new Pro's PF I took this morning:

Upper flipper postUpper flipper post
Raptor cage right postsRaptor cage right posts

#2686 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

It sounds like the nut holding the post (under the playfield) came loose. When that happens the post will gradually unscrew moving lower and lower.

#2687 4 years ago

Just purchased a NIB JP pro tonight. We pick it up Saturday. Family is ecstatic!

#2688 4 years ago

I have Elvira HOH, JP, Munsters and Deadpool. There is absolutely no question the clear coat on the Munsters and Deadpool is substantially thicker than Elvira and JP. Not sure which is better yet. I like how the thicker one looks better but if the new one holds up better that’s what really matters. We will likely learn as we go. How much can Stern even know about their new clearcoats? They just changed them when they started the JP LE line and had issues. So no matter what testing they did it has not been long term so nobody truly knows yet. We get to be the Guinea pigs. Hoping they got it right. Otherwise I love both new machines.

#2689 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

Just purchased a NIB JP pro tonight. We pick it up Saturday. Family is ecstatic!

Just curious... What are the manufacture dates on the latest JP Pro's? Is Stern currently running Pro's or just Premium's right now?

#2690 4 years ago

I don't claim to know anything, but when I bought my repro F-14 playfield, PPS recommended that the clear coat cure for 6 months for best results. I waited for 6 months to install it and it was excellent. Played it for at least 6 months before I sold it and no problems at all. I doubt those JP playfields cured that long. But, I could be wrong.

#2691 4 years ago

I've not read about anyone else having this issue yet, but if it were me, I'd start by raising the playfield, and having a look at the post mechanism. Make sure its secured to the playfield properly. Then start inspecting, looking for anything that seems defective or broken or on it's way to broken. Also look and see if there's any way to adjust it from below.

After looking into it, I feel foolish for even posting the question on here. Easy adjustment, all is well. I didn’t realize there was a way to calibrate the posts from underneath the play field.

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

After looking into it, I feel foolish for even posting the question on here. Easy adjustment, all is well. I didn’t realize there was a way to calibrate the posts from underneath the play field.</blockquot

After looking into it, I feel foolish for even posting the question on here. Easy adjustment, all is well. I didn’t realize there was a way to calibrate the posts from underneath the play field.

There are no foolish questions. That's what Pinside is for. Everyone has to learn how to work on Pins. Big learning curve here! One main reason I enjoy pinball!

#2693 4 years ago

Anyone have any luck finding a shooter rod in-stock?

#2694 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Modfather has one but no lights... I got one from stern but I jumped on it the second I heard they had in stock this last time. They were gone in a few hours

#2695 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Modfather has one but no lights... I got one from stern but I jumped on it the second I heard they had in stock this last time. They were gone in a few hours

I ordered on October 19th. You would think they would be getting another batch soon

#2696 4 years ago

The Pterodactyl has landed!!

20191114_160830 (resized).jpg20191114_160830 (resized).jpg20191114_160838 (resized).jpg20191114_160838 (resized).jpg20191114_171102 (resized).jpg20191114_171102 (resized).jpg
#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The Pterodactyl has landed!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just finished un-boxing mine too! Good stuff

#2698 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ve been checking once or twice per day. Nada.

#2699 4 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I pre-ordered mine with lights from Little Shop of Games (LSOG) way back in July. Although 3 weeks ago they said Stern was shipping their first batch within 2 weeks, I finally got them to reply to me today and they said Stern still hasn't confirmed. Also I think all of theirs are spoken for since they are showing Sold Out on the product page. The waiting and confusion of how Stern goes about the order of sending these to their distributors/resellers continues... Makes no sense why so many who ordered so much later from both Stern and other resellers have received theirs already.

#2700 4 years ago

Boom!

20191114_175215 (resized).jpg20191114_175215 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/54?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.