(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,285 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 426.
#2601 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Don't trust the bubble level. Get a digital inclinometer or a phone app for getting your pitch. A standard bubble level is fine for side to side leveling. Test on playfield. Not glass.

Just curious, why not trust the bubble? That's what it's there for. If the floor is level, and your playfield isn't warped or something odd like that, shouldn't the bubble do the trick for front to back pitch? I've always centered the bubble, and my games play great. I'm not disagreeing, I'm curious for the reasoning. I've seen multiple people say this.

#2602 4 years ago

This is what a distributor wrote in an ad for Elvira HOH premium:

"I expect the allocations to get cut as they did on the Jurassic Premiums so the sooner the better on this one."

Anyone know what they're talking about? Are they making fewer premiums of JP than planned, or is this person just trying to literally scare up business? I wanted to pick up a NIB JP premium sometime next year, was under the impression I had plenty of time.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just curious, why not trust the bubble? That's what it's there for. If the floor is level, and your playfield isn't warped or something odd like that, shouldn't the bubble do the trick for front to back pitch? I've always centered the bubble, and my games play great. I'm not disagreeing, I'm curious for the reasoning. I've seen multiple people say this.

The bubble is only as accurate as from the factory and each screw has to be exactly precise, it can also shift over time...I measure with an app and then recalibrate the bubble before relying on it... My Star Wars was at 7.3 NIB even though it was centered and is supposed to be 6.5

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

"I expect the allocations to get cut as they did on the Jurassic Premiums so the sooner the better on this one."
Anyone know what they're talking about? Are they making fewer premiums of JP than planned, or is this person just trying to literally scare up business? I wanted to pick up a NIB JP premium sometime next year, was under the impression I had plenty of time.

Just trying to scare you into burning through your kids inheritance.

#2605 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

They just didn't give distributors as many premiums (lowered the allotment) as they were going to on the first run due to rushing Elvira onto the line and cutting JP premium production to do so.
Probably going to do the same thing to Elvira to catch up JP premiums.
Anyway they are back on the line now, you have plenty of time.

#2606 4 years ago

I am about to order a JP pro as our first NIB and I am looking for peoples opinions regarding setting the machine up. I am very much a rookie with working on pinball machines and wonder on how to set up the machine. Should I go with a local distributor and have the machine delivered and set up by them or pick it up and set it up ourselves? I have set up some used machines and have watched unboxing videos but am worried about problems out of the box. I would love to have the family there as we un box and set the machine up together but would hate it if it's not playable due to something that's over my head.
Is it common to have a few problems NIB and how easy are the adjustments/repairs usually?

#2607 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The bubble is only as accurate as from the factory and each screw has to be exactly precise, it can also shift over time...I measure with an app and then recalibrate the bubble before relying on it... My Star Wars was at 7.3 NIB even though it was centered and is supposed to be 6.5

So, download a leveling app on my phone, then, adjust to 6.5 to 7 and realign the bubble if needed. Makes sense. Now I'm curious to see what pitch my machines are actually sitting on.

#2608 4 years ago

Just need to know if anyone has had trouble w/ installing their shaker motor? I ordered a motor from CoinTaker & the motor case doesn't fit over the motor. The coin-box wood piece that separates the coin-box from the shaker motor & the right side cabinet area completely obstructs the case from fitting over the shaker motor itself. Did anyone have a problem w/ this? Also, is your premade shaker drill holes the same as mine?

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG
#2609 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Just need to know if anyone has had trouble w/ installing their shaker motor? I ordered a motor from CoinTaker & the motor case doesn't fit over the motor. The coin-box wood piece that separates the coin-box from the shaker motor & the right side cabinet area completely obstructs the case from fitting over the shaker motor itself. Did anyone have a problem w/ this? Also, is your premade shaker drill holes the same as mine?[quoted image]

On mine the holes lined up, and the cover is a tight fit. But it does fit. I did have to purchase longer screws. The ones included barely even reached the anchor nuts installed on the machine. My shaker came from cointaker as well.

#2610 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Just need to know if anyone has had trouble w/ installing their shaker motor? I ordered a motor from CoinTaker & the motor case doesn't fit over the motor. The coin-box wood piece that separates the coin-box from the shaker motor & the right side cabinet area completely obstructs the case from fitting over the shaker motor itself. Did anyone have a problem w/ this? Also, is your premade shaker drill holes the same as mine?[quoted image]

I got a Stern shaker from my distro and the holes lines up but the cover was a tight fit. It’s pretty soft plastic and took a little push and shove to get it on right. I would trim the cover.

#2611 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

To take this a little further, a digital level or phone app will also show different angles depending on what part of the pf you place it on. For example, you might get 6.3 down by the flippers, and 6.7 up near the top of the pf.

I spoke to David at Stern about this, and his response was: "I usually try to find a straight reference on the art of the playfield, somewhere right above the slings".

I've also heard many say that they take 3 measurements (bottom, middle, top) and then take an average.

Out of my 7 games, only 2 of them measure pretty much the same from bottom to top, so for me, I take an average, and also follow what David said above, and try to get a good flat area above the slings.

#2612 4 years ago

Can someone take a pic of the area up next to the helipad ramp/scoop? I, like others, am getting a lot of rejects. My main question is that metal guide piece - mine protrudes out, looks like it's trying to guide it into the scoop. Is this how everyone else's looks?

20191108_091347_LI (resized).jpg20191108_091347_LI (resized).jpg20191108_091333 (resized).jpg20191108_091333 (resized).jpg
#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Can someone take a pic of the area up next to the helipad ramp/scoop? I, like others, am getting a lot of rejects. My main question is that metal guide piece - mine protrudes out, looks like it's trying to guide it into the scoop. Is this how everyone else's looks?[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is the same as yours. I bent the end of that metal guide slightly outward towards the cabinet. Nothing changed. This auto plunger reject issue is really pissing me off

#2614 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mine is the same as yours. I bent the end of that metal guide slightly outward towards the cabinet. Nothing changed. This auto plunger reject issue is really pissing me off

Mine looks the same...

When my shots brick the 180 it is 100% because they rolled to the left side of the pipe at entry and the approach angle and spin is just not in line with a smooth climb back up the wall...I think the roll is induced by mainly the spin on the ball at release combined with the ramp jump - so a lot of variable there

I have a theory on the launcher...

I'm good with over 90% hitting the 180 on a manual launch...

I think the unique design of this halfpipe with the ball jumping into the bottom of the 180 is subject to a wide range of variance

Ball Speed
Ball Rotation
Plunger Pull technique
Point of impact on the bottom of the 180 based on the the above variables

So to me, Like another poster mentioned above, I am willing to look at the launch as a real skill shot, not just on the timing of the flippers but the physical action required of the plunge itself..

I think the key is a quick smooth pull/release of the plunger handle...The Amber shooter rod is perfect for this as is slips right through your grip straight on

I can almost tell my my manual release if it's going to be a successful return or not, almost like a golf or baseball swing, you just know it's going to be smooth or brick almost at the release...

My auto hits about 97 percent of the time but I did boost the auto plunger power to 220

#2615 4 years ago

I wonder for those with large misses on the autolaunch if a strip or two of metal tape on the left side of the ramp would channel the ball more in line with the pipe..I would check the shooter rod screws and autolaunch alignment first before getting to much into fabrication

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

I am about to order a JP pro as our first NIB and I am looking for peoples opinions regarding setting the machine up. I am very much a rookie with working on pinball machines and wonder on how to set up the machine. Should I go with a local distributor and have the machine delivered and set up by them or pick it up and set it up ourselves? I have set up some used machines and have watched unboxing videos but am worried about problems out of the box. I would love to have the family there as we un box and set the machine up together but would hate it if it's not playable due to something that's over my head.
Is it common to have a few problems NIB and how easy are the adjustments/repairs usually?

You’re insane to buy nib. Just wait for second hand in a few months. Too many nib issues also.

#2617 4 years ago

Just a side note.. If anyone with a JP LE would like their coin door and shooter rod housing powder coated to match perfectly with the rest of the armor, just send me a PM...

Thanks,

Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

20191108_122112 (resized).jpg20191108_122112 (resized).jpg20191108_122125 (resized).jpg20191108_122125 (resized).jpg
#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Krh13:

I am about to order a JP pro as our first NIB and I am looking for peoples opinions regarding setting the machine up. I am very much a rookie with working on pinball machines and wonder on how to set up the machine. Should I go with a local distributor and have the machine delivered and set up by them or pick it up and set it up ourselves?

Tables are heavy, plus another 20-40 pounds for the boxing/crating; the Stern JP flyer says 280 pounds boxed and 250 unboxed. Unless you have a forklift or a hand truck plus ramps to get it out of the back of your vehicle, that's going to really suck to dead-lift to the ground. If you can get a reasonable price on at least delivery, I'd say it's likely worth it to avoid loading/unloading hassle if you aren't equipped for it already.

Quoted from Krh13:

I have set up some used machines and have watched unboxing videos but am worried about problems out of the box. I would love to have the family there as we un box and set the machine up together but would hate it if it's not playable due to something that's over my head. Is it common to have a few problems NIB and how easy are the adjustments/repairs usually?

You shouldn't have to do much more than standard assembly, inspection, and leveling if anything. The only additional step for a NIB that I know of you may not have done with used machines is wipe the oil off of new pinballs before loading them in the machine.

I would think if there is a major play-prevention issue with the table (i.e. DOA electronics), a shop person is likely going to be just as stuck as you would be unless they happen to have spares. I'm personally opting to pay more for installation because my table is going upstairs and they have the equipment to make that a much easier process.

Call and talk to your shop, find out what delivery and install costs are, and what they can and will help with in the event of unexpected problems. Then you can make an educated decision if it's worth it and/or get some added piece of mind with your new table setup. You're about to spend $6k with them, they should be more than willing to answer a few questions on delivery and install options

#2619 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I posted a fix for this earlier. Search for it and fix the issue.
Essentially, you just want to raise the left fork a little, forcing the ball to the right side.
Let me know if you have any issues.

#2620 4 years ago

Just an fyi and might only be my experience. I added a set of shooter lane cliffys (same as ghostbusters) and my ramp success rate easily doubled while using the shooter rod. Unfortunately the auto launch saw very little improvement.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Tables are heavy, plus another 20-40 pounds for the boxing/crating; the Stern JP flyer says 280 pounds boxed and 250 unboxed. Unless you have a forklift or a hand truck plus ramps to get it out of the back of your vehicle, that's going to really suck to dead-lift to the ground. If you can get a reasonable price on at least delivery, I'd say it's likely worth it to avoid loading/unloading hassle if you aren't equipped for it already.

You shouldn't have to do much more than standard assembly, inspection, and leveling if anything. The only additional step for a NIB that I know of you may not have done with used machines is wipe the oil off of new pinballs before loading them in the machine.
I would think if there is a major play-prevention issue with the table (i.e. DOA electronics), a shop person is likely going to be just as stuck as you would be unless they happen to have spares. I'm personally opting to pay more for installation because my table is going upstairs and they have the equipment to make that a much easier process.
Call and talk to your shop, find out what delivery and install costs are, and what they can and will help with in the event of unexpected problems. Then you can make an educated decision if it's worth it and/or get some added piece of mind with your new table setup. You're about to spend $6k with them, they should be more than willing to answer a few questions on delivery and install options

Thank you for the response. I do have a dolly but it sounds like a local distributor offers free delivery and set up. A friend of mine bought a NIB GOTG from them and they only charged him $75 to go to his basement so I can go wrong with that.

#2622 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You’re insane to buy nib. Just wait for second hand in a few months. Too many nib issues also.

Dude, give it a rest. It’s not enough that you start your own thread about this, which you bump yourself when no one posts for a couple days, but you troll every other club thread as well?

#2623 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Dude, give it a rest. It’s not enough that you start your own thread about this, which you bump yourself when no one posts for a couple days, but you troll every other club thread as well?

I just ordered a premium.

#2624 4 years ago

Joining the club with a pro. Prem is great and may upgrade later but pro is right in front of me as a show special in Nashville this weekend to grab Sunday, so why not?

I am on the KE train. I think he puts crack in his games. IMDN and JP are soooo addictive.

#2625 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Joining the club with a pro. Prem is great and may upgrade later but pro is right in front of me as a show special in Nashville this weekend to grab Sunday, so why not?
I am on the KE train. I think he puts crack in his games. IMDN and JP are soooo addictive.

He’s making stern money for sure. Congratulations.

#2626 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I posted a fix for this earlier. Search for it and fix the issue.
Essentially, you just want to raise the left fork a little, forcing the ball to the right side.
Let me know if you have any issues.

Actually I already tried that. It didn't fix the problem unfortunately. Thank you though

#2627 4 years ago

Jurassic Park Number 1, top 100. What! Mind Blown. Hopefully it stays there.

#2628 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

In terms of addictiveness, shot geometry and objectives, it's truly an all-time great....can't stop playing it on location.

#2629 4 years ago

It is definitely a top notch shooter...You are rewarded for your skill, aiming, and ability and will be met with bricks and drains for just flailing about...

What's funny is I though Star Wars was hard, now I play JP and when I go play SW Premium, it's like I'm in the Matrix, total zen and nailing shots left and right that used to be difficult... JP definitely forces you to be a better player if you accept the challenge

I love it! Such a good time to be playing pinball

#2630 4 years ago

Joining the club this weekend! Made a trade for a NIB Nedry pro, and I'm pretty stoked to add this new JP2 to our lineup. I love the theme, and we had a DE JP earlier this year. Theme was great, and I liked the design, but it felt a little dated. At that time, my wife and I agreed it would be fantastic if Stern or JJP would remake JP. Less than a year later, here we are. Played this one a lot at Expo, both the pro and the premium. I enjoyed them both, but I'm happy with the pro at the price I'm getting it for. Giving up a really fun pin for it, but it will be worth it! I love the Ulek Store signs for this title, great job, David! I hope the code will end up being really deep. Unboxing my Nedry on Sunday!

#2631 4 years ago

In the club with a Pro and it’s an amazing game.
What’s the best way to recover from a weak “S” - helipad shot, that just keeps throwing itself SDTM?
Is there a way to nudge it as the ball rolls back down the ramp, or is it a case of waiting until it gets near the flippers and then having to have a BIG nudge to keep it out?

#2632 4 years ago

Stern absolutely nailed it.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

New releases always rise near the top of the chart early, then drop down when all the haters rate it. JP is great enough it might stay high though.

#2634 4 years ago

Getting pretty much complete rejects on the T-Rex shot on my LE.

Seems to be hitting the bottom of his chin.

Any suggestions on correcting this?

#2635 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Whatever money they save making cheap pf and clearcoat they must lose 3x in replacement pf.

Dont forget lost sales also. I know many many people right now who will not buy a new Stern or JJP game right now including myself.

#2636 4 years ago

Correction I did find an issue, my raptor target and supply drop target are swapped. Is this an easy fix? By that I mean hitting one counts for the other and vise versa

#2637 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Correction I did find an issue, my raptor target and supply drop target are swapped. Is this an easy fix? By that I mean hitting one counts for the other and vise versa

I know I read earlier someone else had this issue. I'm not sure which post. But, I believe they had to remove and resolder the wires.

#2638 4 years ago

This is the first game in my 50 years that everyone in the family loves!

Even Caught my wife playing by herself!!!

#2639 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

my raptor target and supply drop target are swapped. Is this an easy fix? By that I mean hitting one counts for the other and vise versa

You are the third reported here. Lift your playfield and de-solder and swap the wires.

#2640 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Getting pretty much complete rejects on the T-Rex shot on my LE. Seems to be hitting the bottom of his chin.

Sounds like you may need to lower you Trex assembly. Search this thread (or maybe the LE club thread) for pics and instructions from stern. Basically in test mode lower your Trex motor and open the jaw. Then loosen 4 screws and make jaw just barely touch ramp. Tighten screws.

#2641 4 years ago

Played a premium today and was very impressed. Stern did a great job on this one.

#2642 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

I had the same issue, note the black ground wires are common so you can just desolder and swap the tan wires and save some time at least!

#2643 4 years ago

Great ball 1... Then pinball happened!

IMG_20191109_221405 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_221405 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_221550 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_221550 (resized).jpg
#2644 4 years ago

Ready to place an order for art blades. I've seen the blades w/ the dinosaur's eyes & thought it was alright but not great. What blades do you recommend & can you purchase the blades for the LE separately?

I've also posted here previously w/ a problem I've had w/ a shaker motor from CoinTaker. The cover doesn't fit so I will simply return it. Where did you purchase your shaker from w/ satisfied results?

#2645 4 years ago

Opps! Double post.

#2646 4 years ago

JP Rocks!

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Ready to place an order for art blades. I've seen the blades w/ the dinosaur's eyes & thought it was alright but not great. What blades do you recommend & can you purchase the blades for the LE separately?

I got the tilt ones and they look good, https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-gameblades

#2648 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Just a side note.. If anyone with a JP LE would like their coin door and shooter rod housing powder coated to match perfectly with the rest of the armor, just send me a PM...
Thanks,
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery[quoted image][quoted image]

HemiOrange09 cost?

#2649 4 years ago

I'm seriously considering these, but if there was an actual mirror art blade image available that would be perfect.

#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

New releases always rise near the top of the chart early, then drop down when all the haters rate it. JP is great enough it might stay high though.

Actually they start high because all the people that buy NIB rate their games high to try to keep their purchases interest and value high. The "haters" are the more objective ones that can rate the games merit without personalfinancial interests.

I am not commenting on JP. I've heard it is a great game and have interest myself down the road once I'm comfortable Stern has all their PF issues fixed. Just thought your comment was the opposite of why most new releases games typically get high ratings out of the gate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/53?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.