(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 427.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Just an FYI to all, as long as you have a smartphone you can walk into any bestbuy, Bluetooth to a premium photo printer and print it on photo paper. Did it for Simpson’s and it looks fantastic. No need for lamination.

Buy a $6,000 toy and try to skip out on a $1 print by using a demo printer at BestBuy? Or does BestBuy offer a pay per print service I’m unaware of?

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

To early for an owners club? I think not! Since there are plenty of us who have ordered and paid in full, let's get this party started. Proud owner of a Pro model here. Hoping to take delivery in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait! This game looks action packed and fun as hell

It's never too early!!!
I'm not an owner...yet...but I will make sure to lurk in the meantime.

#153 4 years ago

We got our game today, put about 30 games on it after work. Can’t wait to play again tomorrow.

EAEC1139-41EE-48E9-8ABE-D1C509E7F3A6 (resized).jpegEAEC1139-41EE-48E9-8ABE-D1C509E7F3A6 (resized).jpeg
#154 4 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

They look awesome. Might want to leave dead space in the corners though, since they will be covered up after sliding into place.

Good call, looks like I have some adjustments to make. I’ll get these reposted tomorrow.

#155 4 years ago

We played hard enough the T-Rex started to bleed. Lol.

B378C8DF-0F13-4083-BD4E-B9B797E595E5 (resized).jpegB378C8DF-0F13-4083-BD4E-B9B797E595E5 (resized).jpeg
#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We got our game today, put about 30 games on it after work. Can’t wait to play again tomorrow.[quoted image]

What are your thoughts so far? I have the opportunity for a great trade in for a Jurassic Park Pro for my Iron Maiden Pro. Do you think it would be worth it?

#157 4 years ago

Hi Tim Mezel!

-Charlie

#158 4 years ago

Put a few games up on a pro - the shots are just so satisfying - as good as any game out there.

If the code ends up being epic, going to be hard to say no to this title.

#159 4 years ago

So excited!! The good reviews just keep rolling in on this game. It's my first NIB, and from the looks of it, I'm not going to regret it Thus far, I've not come across any negative reviews.

Mezel Mods has a machine! Let the mods begin!!

#160 4 years ago

Can we talk helicopter spinner?

In one video you can see they added nuts to it to weigh one blade down so that it "resets" to a position.

The next video the helicopter's blades are a lot darker, two blades look to be smaller than the other two, and the nuts are now gone.

Am I seeing things? No one else noticed?

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

In one video you can see they added nuts to it to weigh one blade down so that it "resets" to a position.
The next video the helicopter's blades are a lot darker, two blades look to be smaller than the other two, and the nuts are now gone.

I tried to ask a similar question on the reveal stream but never got an answer. Im curious as well.

#162 4 years ago

On the Pre/Le, are the blades spun simply by the momentum of the ball going by and hitting something like a spinner? Or, are the blades triggered by a switch like an opto? If it's a physical trigger, I'd say the blades might need to reset to a certain position, but with optic trigger I wouldnt think it wouldn't matter.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Buy a $6,000 toy and try to skip out on a $1 print by using a demo printer at BestBuy? Or does BestBuy offer a pay per print service I’m unaware of?

I will hope the latter (especially with an LE already "in" his collection).

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

We played hard enough the T-Rex started to bleed. Lol.[quoted image]

How long before someone mods it to make the jaw move? I'm assuming the physical model is the same as the premium one right?

On the Pre/Le, are the blades spun simply by the momentum of the ball going by and hitting something like a spinner? Or, are the blades triggered by a switch like an opto? If it's a physical trigger, I'd say the blades might need to reset to a certain position, but with optic trigger I wouldnt think it wouldn't matter.

Maybe the nut added a little more duration to the spin just for the video? *shrugs*

#165 4 years ago

Wow so many snarky comments, well as of 6 years ago it was highly encouraged to use and demo photo printers from customers phones via corporate. I was a manger. Also, high quality photo paper is not skimping out, not sure where you get that idea from and yes they usually are stocked with the highest quality papers for the best quality demo, why would we bother plugging them in if not to demo? Also having it “in” my collection? Didn’t know I needed to worry about semantics, I paid for it so I mean.... here’s an idea, take the tip and do it or don’t, sorry I bothered.

#166 4 years ago

Maybe you should just stop checking out everyone's nuts...

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

What are your thoughts so far? I have the opportunity for a great trade in for a Jurassic Park Pro for my Iron Maiden Pro. Do you think it would be worth it?

I really like Maiden so I would not trade it. Trade something else. I only played one night so I am excited to get back. Very challenging game with a great theme so I am hooked at the moment. It seems like there are so many new shots in this game compared to others so I have practice some more.

#168 4 years ago

I suppose if you felt real guilty about it, you could always tell a sales person you wanted to "do a few test prints" to see how it performs before buying

Haha, good call.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I really like Maiden so I would not trade it.

Unless ur done with Maiden ofcourse. I recently got to Battle the Beast and after many close calls its feeling like chooping wood a little so as much as I've enjoyed the game time to go but JP2 will be here Friday and with the right mix of chemicals that should be a great night.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Unless ur done with Maiden ofcourse. I recently got to Battle the Beast and after many close calls its feeling like chooping wood a little so as much as I've enjoyed the game time to go but JP2 will be here Friday and with the right mix of chemicals that should be a great night.

All games get old eventually.

It's whether you get the urge to play/buy them again after a few months or so of not playing them.

Maiden has Run to the Hills for those who have defeated the beast.... which I haven't

#171 4 years ago

I am looking to trade my maiden pro for a JP pro

#172 4 years ago

Ive tried so many times to print cards on my own, and the size is NEVER correct....lol. That's why I'm taking some stock cards with me to Kinkos and letting them deal with it..... LOL

No Kinkos in my area. When I search, I get FedEx locations. Did they snap up Kinkos? I once took card pics to FedEx to print and they refused to do it due to a concern about copyrights. I then took it to UPS and they had no problem but the girl who waited on me had a few problems doing it and wound up doing it for free because it took so long.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

No Kinkos in my area. When I search, I get FedEx locations. Did they snap up Kinkos? I once took card pics to FedEx to print and they refused to do it due to a concern about copyrights. I then took it to UPS and they had no problem but the girl who waited on me had a few problems doing it and wound up doing it for free because it took so long.

I believe all kinkos are fedex office now.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

No Kinkos in my area. When I search, I get FedEx locations. Did they snap up Kinkos? I once took card pics to FedEx to print and they refused to do it due to a concern about copyrights.

I'll vouch for that. They wanted me to fill out a release of responsibility form for them along with a sheet documenting my personal contact info to include my home address in case HBO came knocking at their door. Made me way uncomfortable. All of that to print two little instructions cards, and I made it exceedingly clear this was for a home machine with zero profit intentions.

I went and got myself a $50 printer with HQ printing paper and never looked back.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

All games get old eventually.
It's whether you get the urge to play/buy them again after a few months or so of not playing them.
Maiden has Run to the Hills for those who have defeated the beast.... which I haven't

True. Some games certainly have more lastability though. If I get tired of a game, but I am on the fence about it...i just play my other games and see if I miss it. If not...it leaves.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

Yes indeed. To my knowledge, FedEx owns kinko's now.

#177 4 years ago

Does anyone have access to a rubber ring size list yet? Or a link to find it online?

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

True. Some games certainly have more lastability though. If I get tired of a game, but I am on the fence about it...i just play my other games and see if I miss it. If not...it leaves.

Give it enough time and its easy to fall back in love with it. That will ceratinly happen with Maiden and theres no way I won't own it again. But probably a Pro next time around.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Give it enough time and its easy to fall back in love with it. That will ceratinly happen with Maiden and theres no way I won't own it again. But probably a Pro next time around.

I've had my pro for about 7mo and it has more than 2x the plays of my Metallica that I bought 15mo ago. I play it almost every day. That is not normal for me. I dont see it leaving my house for a VERY long time. You'll buy one again
Pro is still more than great btw

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You'll buy one again
Pro is still more than great btw

100% and it will be a Pro.

#181 4 years ago

Ordered a Premium for Lyons Classic Pinball ! Hopefully late Sept delivery.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Ordered a Premium for Lyons Classic Pinball ! Hopefully late Sept delivery.

Nice!! If you can't wait, come play my Pro in the meantime.

#183 4 years ago

Some apron cards, no additional text.

Jurassic Art 1 resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 1 resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 2 resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 2 resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 3.resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 3.resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 4.resized (resized).jpgJurassic Art 4.resized (resized).jpg
#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Some apron cards, no additional text.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang Coindropper!! Those look very nice! Like prehistoric panoramic nature scene or something! I'm going to have to print off lots of different ones and swap them around every so often

#185 4 years ago

I watched one of the live streams of the game play recently. Trying to figure out how linear/strategic the game is?

My impression is that due to the map layout and how you have to progress across the island, this game may be more linear in nature? Meaning that you'll end up doing mode X before mode Y and that games tend to follow a predictable pattern?

There are some games where you can bat the ball around and have a wide variety of things to go for. And other games where you have to typically follow a designated sequence of modes to get farther. Where does this game fall in that area?

Anybody have any thoughts/experience on this?

#186 4 years ago

Because you can go after Trex modes and control modes (which are user choice) it has a blend of both I think

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Because you can go after Trex modes and control modes (which are user choice) it has a blend of both I think

Agreed, and also, the jeep flipping left or right can determine the path you head on the map. So yeah, I kind of get the feeling that it's sort of a hybrid. Maybe some folks who have logged in a few hours on the game can chime in on this

#188 4 years ago

Just joining the thread. I have a LE on order fith Flip N Out. This will be my second pin.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Hey, Mr intergalactic, what do you think of the game?

#190 4 years ago

Played a couple games on a pro tonight. Can't vouch for the sound or callouts... But the flow was excellent. There were combo options upon combo options. Combos, I don't think I've ever hit on a machine before.

The cabinet, playfield art, and lcd look much better in person.

Nothing wrong with going for the pro, this time.

Nice work and congrats to the owners.

#191 4 years ago

Played JP2 for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. One thing I was particularly impressed by in person that’s not obvious from the streams is how great the raptor pit is with the flashing lights and torches... it looks great in person!

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I watched one of the live streams of the game play recently. Trying to figure out how linear/strategic the game is?

My impression is that due to the map layout and how you have to progress across the island, this game may be more linear in nature? Meaning that you'll end up doing mode X before mode Y and that games tend to follow a predictable pattern?

There are some games where you can bat the ball around and have a wide variety of things to go for. And other games where you have to typically follow a designated sequence of modes to get farther. Where does this game fall in that area?

Anybody have any thoughts/experience on this?

The map layout is for the Paddock Modes. All Paddock Modes are based on the same exact concept, regardless of the dinosaur: the moving green arrow represents the dino, orange rescue shots represent workers. You're trying to capture the dinosaur and rescuing workers before they are eaten.

The thing that differs between Paddock Modes is how aggressively the dinosaur pursues workers, how many workers need to be rescued, and what perks you will be awarded after capturing the dinosaur. Once you've started a Paddock Mode, you're in it until you capture the dinosaur, and it continues across balls.

The other modes in the game (Control Room and T-Rex) are more traditional modes that can be selected, and will time out or end when you drain.

The Paddock Modes don't feel linear to me because they aren't: shoot X, then shoot Y, then shoot Z. They're more like a conceptual framework for capturing dinosaurs and rescuing workings that runs throughout the course of the game, and you'll often have other things going at the same time.

It's really quite unique, and I can't think of anything to compare it to.

Quoted from Tmezel:

Hey, Mr intergalactic, what do you think of the game?

That's *Mr.* Intergalactic to you. Oh, wait...

I LOVE it.

Missed a lot of shots the first two games I played and came away thinking some of the shots were too hard. Found my groove eventually and have become much more accurate.

So many satisfying combos and shots you won't find in other games: the Tower Ramp and the S shot are completely unique, the feed from the right orbit to the center of the upper right flipper is completely unique, and the way the truck requires you to unblock shots when it's in your way...as well as requiring you to hit it from different angles depending on it's current position and what you're trying to accomplish also feels totally unique.

The way Paddock Modes work is genius, and I find them extremely engaging to play. They force you to make a lot of decisions about what to prioritize, and those considerations are constantly changing based on how long it takes you to capture the dinosaur.

The animations are really amazing. I can't imagine how much work went into them.

There are no scoops to slow things down and take up space, and as someone who tries to play very slow and controlled, the game really encourages me to hit a lot of things on the fly. Not a ton of backhandable shots. If you don't flip the upper flipper, the ball will be out of control anyway, so you might as well hit something. Stuff like that.

On the downside, getting a multiball is difficult at the moment and a lot of games on this machine are going to be played without starting any. Some of the shots are pretty tight but pretty much every mode gives you several options of shots that will award progress (and the game isn't necessarily super punishing when you miss). I think the Paddock Modes probably aren't fun if you don't understand them, but cool stuff happens throughout the game even if you just shoot lit shots. It's not obvious when T-Rex and Paddock Modes are ready because the inserts are on a sign above the left ramp's return habitrail. The raptor tri-ball feels a little wood choppy right now, although I expect it will be less so on the Premium when it captures your ball.

Edit: it has since been brought to my attention that there is any easy multiball (Feed T-Rex, the first T-rex mode, which requires only four shots), but it won't be the first T-Rex mode if you're in tournament settings.

#193 4 years ago

Mine comes by mid next week.
I'll be proud to have this on location.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The map layout is for the Paddock Modes. All Paddock Modes are based on the same exact concept, regardless of the dinosaur: the moving green arrow represents the dino, orange rescue shots represent workers. You're trying to capture the dinosaur and rescuing workers before they are eaten.
The thing that differs between Paddock Modes is how aggressively the dinosaur pursues workers, how many workers need to be rescued, and what perks you will be awarded after capturing the dinosaur. Once you've started a Paddock Mode, you're in it until you capture the dinosaur, and it continues across balls.
The other modes in the game (Control Room and T-Rex) are more traditional modes that can be selected, and will time out or end when you drain.
The Paddock Modes don't feel linear to me because they aren't: shoot X, then shoot Y, then shoot Z. They're more like a conceptual framework for capturing dinosaurs and rescuing workings that runs throughout the course of the game, and you'll often have other things going at the same time.

I LOVE it.
Missed a lot of shots the first two games I played and came away thinking some of the shots were too hard. Found my groove eventually and have become much more accurate.
So many satisfying combos and shots you won't find in other games: the Tower Ramp and the S shot are completely unique, the feed from the right orbit to the center of the upper right flipper is completely unique, and the way the truck requires you to unblock shots when it's in your way...as well as requiring you to hit it from different angles depending on it's current position and what you're trying to accomplish also feels totally unique.
The way Paddock Modes work is genius, and I find them extremely engaging to play. They force you to make a lot of decisions about what to prioritize, and those considerations are constantly changing based on how long it takes you to capture the dinosaur.
The animations are really amazing. I can't imagine how much work went into them.
There are no scoops to slow things down and take up space, and as someone who tries to play very slow and controlled, the game really encourages me to hit a lot of things on the fly. Not a ton of backhandable shots. If you don't flip the upper flipper, the ball will be out of control anyway, so you might as well hit something. Stuff like that.
On the downside, getting a multiball is difficult at the moment and a lot of games on this machine are going to be played without starting any. Some of the shots are pretty tight but pretty much every mode gives you several options of shots that will award progress (and the game isn't necessarily super punishing when you miss). I think the Paddock Modes probably aren't fun if you don't understand them, but cool stuff happens throughout the game even if you just shoot lit shots. It's not obvious when T-Rex and Paddock Modes are ready because the inserts are on a sign above the left ramp's return habitrail. The raptor tri-ball feels a little wood choppy right now, although I expect it will be less so on the Premium when it captures your ball.

Thanks for writing your impressions. That's great to hear.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I LOVE it.

Amazing write up !! Now I'm more excited than I was previously if that's possible. I spoke with Cointaker yesterday and was told they should recieve their first batch early next week. Then, they immediately ship out to customers. So, hopefully, 1 to 2 weeks on mine

#196 4 years ago

I recieved some powder coat swatches in the mail today along with a sample of green edge trim. I took a couple different angles to try and catch the metallic in them. What color you all like?

20190815_103238 (resized).jpg20190815_103238 (resized).jpg20190815_103258 (resized).jpg20190815_103258 (resized).jpg
#197 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Will do, almost came down last night then saw you were streaming game play with snow , so watched you guys for a while. Hope to get to Press Play next week to check it out, congrats on your win at Pinburg as well!

#198 4 years ago

I recieved some powder coat swatches in the mail today along with a sample of green edge trim. I took a couple different angles to try and catch the metallic in them. What color you all like?[quoted image][quoted image]

One of the top 2 for sure, can't decide which one matches the molding better though.

The bottom one is cool and might be my favorite of the 4 but I wouldn't put green molding on with that one.

#199 4 years ago
97D1269E-6AAB-4402-8397-A36883E0F37C (resized).png97D1269E-6AAB-4402-8397-A36883E0F37C (resized).png
#200 4 years ago

Apparently the first T-Rex mode is a multiball, which means only four shots to start it.

But that's not the case if you're in tournament mode, like I am.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/4?hl=flare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.