(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 424.
#2401 4 years ago

A question regarding playfield protectors. I've never used them personally. Until a year is so ago, I didnt even realize they were a thing. My first run in with one was installed on a JJP Hobbot machine on location at a pinball bar. My initial assessment was that the playfield looked absolutely terrible, but after closer inspection, I realized the protector was all hazy and scuffed up. I therefore, have never even considered using one because it looked awful. Was this just a cheap/poorly maintained protector? It this type of wear typical or no? Are protectors mostly permanent or do they need replacing every so often? Fill me in, I'm ignorant about these things.

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A question regarding playfield protectors. I've never used them personally. Until a year is so ago, I didnt even realize they were a thing. My first run in with one was installed on a JJP Hobbot machine on location at a pinball bar. My initial assessment was that the playfield looked absolutely terrible, but after closer inspection, I realized the protector was all hazy and scuffed up. I therefore, have never even considered using one because it looked awful. Was this just a cheap/poorly maintained protector? It this type of wear typical or no? Are protectors mostly permanent or do they need replacing every so often? Fill me in, I'm ignorant about these things.

I have pf prot in sopranos, its really nice, you have to make sure your pf is cleand and dry when putting the prot on, and of course remove the film on the back

I use novus 1 on them to clean up. Never had an issue with it. On location i dont see the need for it, unleds the operator change balls regularly and clean the protector. Else it can quickly become like most upper WPT pfs

#2403 4 years ago

Not directly Jurassic park related, but this is how my playfield protector on Viking looks, still with a good amount of plays and cleaning.

viking (resized).jpgviking (resized).jpg
#2404 4 years ago

A question regarding playfield protectors.

OK. I bought one of the earlier thicker ones after they came out for my F-14 Tomcat. I installed it over a brand new playfield that I installed. I hated it because dirt and particles kept getting under it and I would have to use high pressure air from my portable air tank (90 psi) to blow it out. Also if the protector moves at all, the bottom will scratch on the inserts and look like hell and nothing you can do about it. I removed it after a month of this. $130.00 down the drain. The modern protectors are thinner and a little easier to trim, but still not for me. IMO, this is a waist for HUO, as you will never play the pin enough to warrant it. Just wax the playfield and install Mylar in high ware areas. That way it will come off easy down the road if you need to remove it.

#2405 4 years ago

All 4 up post areas have issues on my premium received today. Build date 10/22. Issues have been reported to my distro who has forwarded to Stern. I was told to check back in 3 weeks. Simply F'n wonderful.

20191029_152931 (resized).jpg20191029_152931 (resized).jpg20191029_152939 (resized).jpg20191029_152939 (resized).jpg20191029_152950 (resized).jpg20191029_152950 (resized).jpg20191029_153008 (resized).jpg20191029_153008 (resized).jpg
#2406 4 years ago

WTF??

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

All 4 up post areas have issues on my premium received today. Build date 10/22. Issues have been reported to my distro who has forwarded to Stern. I was told to check back in 3 weeks. Simply F'n wonderful.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty bad. I'm not overly nitpicky, but I wouldn't be happy with that.

#2408 4 years ago

Thanks for the info on the protectors guys

#2409 4 years ago

That's pretty bad. I'm not overly nitpicky, but I wouldn't be happy with that.

I'm not happy at all. My distro already sent everything to Stern so I'm going to enjoy the game now and let the process play out.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Damn :/
Where do you buy rubber washers?

They are rubber faucet washers, got mine from ACE hardware. Here are others...

20191029_190044 (resized).jpg20191029_190044 (resized).jpg20191029_190046 (resized).jpg20191029_190046 (resized).jpg
#2411 4 years ago

I'm seriously considering ordering a Pro if Stern ever gets their shit together!

#2412 4 years ago

I am currently planning to purchase JP3 as our family's first in-home pin once I receive my work bonus check in April (so...far....away...). The only decision that has been up in the air for our family has been pro vs. premium. After weeks of playing pro models on location I finally had an opportunity to play a premium on location yesterday afternoon. Going into the experience I was very excited to see how much new features like the animatronic TREX, dynamic velociraptor cage and rotating helicopter blades added to the overall gameplay experience. Also, since I was never a huge fan of the pro cabinet/backglass art, I was also very excited to see the premium art in person. After yesterday's experience I am surprised to find myself leaning towards a pro model.

Moving TREX Head: Yes this was cool. I enjoyed watching the head moving around in the back. A few times the mouth would open to coincide with the audio roar and the overall effect was impressive. Then the head would lower, mouth would open and would not accept any of the shots. I know that other pinsiders have commented on how adjustments need to be made to increase the probability of putting it up in the mouth, but even when that gimmick did work, I found it somewhat breaking up the flow of gameplay, and missed having the ball race back to the raised in-lane post. I am probably in the minority, but my first impression was that I actually prefer the TREX ramp on the pro model better. A "best of both worlds" scenario IMO would be a moving/roaring TREX head in the back that didn't lower and grab the balls. From earlier thread posts it sounds like something like this might be on its way from the mod community.

Raptor Cage: I was really hoping that the new features in this area of the playfield would wow me towards purchasing a premium. The lowering gate was an improvement, but the lunging raptor effect in the back was minimal even after direct target hits. The pro raptor cage with the backdoor feed to the control room is just fine for me. That being said, I never got to lock a ball in the premium cage and use it as a newton ball. It is possible if I were a better player this would be a big selling point.

Spinning Helicopter Blades: It was neat to see movement in this area of the playfield. What was a surprise was the sound effect of slowing helicopter blades that went along with it. That did add to the experience. I wish that a similar sound effect played whenever a shot hits that ramp on the pro model. If it does, then my memory is failing me.

Art Package: Originally I detested the pro cabinet and backglass, and thought the premium art was somewhat better (especially the left-hand side). Yesterday afternoon I found myself not liking it as much in person. I think it is the composition of the raptors on the backglass that kills it for me. The one full raptor in profile on the right side has such a dopey smile. Ok, now I know I am being overly picky..LOL.

If I needed to pull the trigger today, I would be a pro buyer all the way. I plan on enhancing the gameplay experience with a shaker motor and a sub. Before making the final decision in April however I hope to play on a premium again that has been setup correctly.

#2413 4 years ago

I would advise not playing the premium any more and save the money. The more you play the premium the more you'll realize it's worth it!

Good summary though and that blade effect was equally impressive and surprising when I played the le for the first time. That stationary Trex in the pro bothers me so to see him roar, move and eat the ball I was sold.

Can't go wrong with either

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

I am currently planning to purchase JP3 as our family's first in-home pin once I receive my work bonus check in April (so...far....away...). The only decision that has been up in the air for our family has been pro vs. premium. After weeks of playing pro models on location I finally had an opportunity to play a premium on location yesterday afternoon. Going into the experience I was very excited to see how much new features like the animatronic TREX, dynamic velociraptor cage and rotating helicopter blades added to the overall gameplay experience. Also, since I was never a huge fan of the pro cabinet/backglass art, I was also very excited to see the premium art in person. After yesterday's experience I am surprised to find myself leaning towards a pro model.
Moving TREX Head: Yes this was cool. I enjoyed watching the head moving around in the back. A few times the mouth would open to coincide with the audio roar and the overall effect was impressive. Then the head would lower, mouth would open and would not accept any of the shots. I know that other pinsiders have commented on how adjustments need to be made to increase the probability of putting it up in the mouth, but even when that gimmick did work, I found it somewhat breaking up the flow of gameplay, and missed having the ball race back to the raised in-lane post. I am probably in the minority, but my first impression was that I actually prefer the TREX ramp on the pro model better. A "best of both worlds" scenario IMO would be a moving/roaring TREX head in the back that didn't lower and grab the balls. From earlier thread posts it sounds like something like this might be on its way from the mod community.
Raptor Cage: I was really hoping that the new features in this area of the playfield would wow me towards purchasing a premium. The lowering gate was an improvement, but the lunging raptor effect in the back was minimal even after direct target hits. The pro raptor cage with the backdoor feed to the control room is just fine for me. That being said, I never got to lock a ball in the premium cage and use it as a newton ball. It is possible if I were a better player this would be a big selling point.
Spinning Helicopter Blades: It was neat to see movement in this area of the playfield. What was a surprise was the sound effect of slowing helicopter blades that went along with it. That did add to the experience. I wish that a similar sound effect played whenever a shot hits that ramp on the pro model. If it does, then my memory is failing me.
Art Package: Originally I detested the pro cabinet and backglass, and thought the premium art was somewhat better (especially the left-hand side). Yesterday afternoon I found myself not liking it as much in person. I think it is the composition of the raptors on the backglass that kills it for me. The one full raptor in profile on the right side has such a dopey smile. Ok, now I know I am being overly picky..LOL.
If I needed to pull the trigger today, I would be a pro buyer all the way. I plan on enhancing the gameplay experience with a shaker motor and a sub. Before making the final decision in April however I hope to play on a premium again that has been setup correctly.

I say save the cash and buy the pro. I purchased a pro a couple weeks after the game was announced and LOVE it!

I had the opportunity to play a handful of games of the premium at expo and didn’t find myself missing the additional features. Truthfully I thought the shots to the T-Rex mouth just slowed the game down.

I didn’t get the chance to mess around with the raptor gate much though. I’ll have to play more on location now that it’s at Wizards World.

My best advice is buy the pro and take that extra cash and set it aside for pin #2

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I say save the cash and buy the pro. I purchased a pro a couple weeks after the game was announced and LOVE it!
I had the opportunity to play a handful of games of the premium at expo and didn’t find myself missing the additional features. Truthfully I thought the shots to the T-Rex mouth just slowed the game down.
I didn’t get the chance to mess around with the raptor gate much though. I’ll have to play more on location now that it’s at Wizards World.
My best advice is buy the pro and take that extra cash and set it aside for pin #2

Does anyone know if Stern is presently building Pro's or are the Pro's available now still the one's from a couple back with the clearcoat issues?

I had a similar experience to Jack Sparrow above. was leaning Premium but after playing it I really didn't see much of a difference in gameplay and the Pro will likely be more reliable in the long-run.

#2416 4 years ago

You guys are talking yourselves out of some awesome features. That multi purposed TRex is on par with the MM castle and the raptor pen is awesome the more you get into the game. For only 1400 more, think you’ll regret it in the long run.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You guys are talking yourselves out of some awesome features. That multi purposed TRex is on par with the MM castle and the raptor pen is awesome the more you get into the game. For only 1400 more, think you’ll regret it in the long run.

If the difference is only $1400 it may be worth it. Seems like most of the price quotes here in the States is a $1600-$1800 difference between models. I really need to play a Premium/LE in an environment where I can hear and feel (shaker) the differences. When I've played them in the past it has been in shows which has made the difference seem negligible. I'm in no hurry to buy and know that this game will be available to buy NIB for years' to come so I should get more chances to play before having to make a final decision.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm seriously considering ordering a Pro if Stern ever gets their shit together!

For what it's worth, I have a pro from the first run. It has artwork under the posts and all. My only 2 issues have been a broken raptor gate which stern replaced at no charge, and some minor very slight pooling. Very slight. And it doesnt seem to be progressing at all, so I'm not worried about it. I'd pull the trigger on that purchase.

#2419 4 years ago

The trex gets especially cool in the futher trex events. But the pro is a very very solid machine.

#2420 4 years ago

because it looked awful.

That's probably the biggest downfall when installing them on newer games. They look all hazy or mottled.
I installed one on my MMR after a year or so... Think the protector might have 8 or 9 thousand plays on it by now.
My guardians is coming close to 10k plays and it still looks fine to me.
I replaced one on my star trek after about 5k plays because the magnet area got destroyed. After that I started cutting out the magnet holes one games with small magnets. The playfield underneath still looked brand new though, no scratches dents or dings.

#2421 4 years ago

Anyone happen to know when Stern is restocking the Amber shooter knob?

And for those that got it, what are your thoughts? How was the installation?

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Been waiting awhile and no email when it's shipping. I did get my shooter plate light from Canada so just waiting on it to install both at same time.

I think I will give them a call.

#2423 4 years ago

I ordered mine Saturday Morning and received it yesterday.
It is well made, with the amber cast nicely threaded and glued.

I havent installed yet, but is real easy if you have done just one shooter rod in the past.
Lights are a nice touch.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent installed yet, but is real easy if you have done just one shooter rod in the past.
Lights are a nice touch.

Ordered over a week ago, but no notice that it has shipped yet. I'll likely have to wait until the next batch comes in.

#2425 4 years ago

Where should the ball be delivered when rolling out from the control room/"C" area? I watched a clip of last week's Dead Flip stream with Keith and on theirs, it rolls down to the left flipper, about 2/3 of the way down and you can bump to send it to the right flipper.

Mine was hitting the flare at the end of the metal guide and getting bumped out and going SDTM just about every time so i bent it back but that original flare/bend looked very intentional but it's obviously not supposed to just drop down the middle.

Curious where others have the ball delivered on both a shot that goes all the way back to the target and on a non-clean shot that only makes it halfway

#2426 4 years ago

Called Stern and also emailed..same answer....out of stock. They said it's a 2 week time frame before they can ship.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Where should the ball be delivered when rolling out from the control room/"C" area? I watched a clip of last week's Dead Flip stream with Keith and on theirs, it rolls down to the left flipper, about 2/3 of the way down and you can bump to send it to the right flipper.
Mine was hitting the flare at the end of the metal guide and getting bumped out and going SDTM just about every time so i bent it back but that original flare/bend looked very intentional but it's obviously not supposed to just drop down the middle.
Curious where others have the ball delivered on both a shot that goes all the way back to the target and on a non-clean shot that only makes it halfway

On my machine On my machine the ball always rolls down to the Left side flipper. You can either catch it or let it dead bounce over to the right flipper

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Lights are a nice touch.

Did you guys order direct from Stern?

I ordered from Little Shop of Games back in August and haven’t gotten mine yet. I’ve emailed them twice and they claim to have not received them yet.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Did you guys order direct from Stern?
I ordered from Little Shop of Games back in August and haven’t gotten mine yet. I’ve emailed them twice and they claim to have not received them yet.

They must be waiting also to resell them.

I bought from Stern, saw one on the tour I did and had to have one.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

They must be waiting also to resell them.
I bought from Stern, saw one on the tour I did and had to have one.

Probably, I’ll hang onto my order for a few more weeks as I got in when they had them listed at $79.99. Now I see they are $139.99

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Probably, I’ll hang onto my order for a few more weeks as I got in when they had them listed at $79.99. Now I see they are $139.99

Heck yes, what a savings...wish you bought 5. lol

#2432 4 years ago

Reasonable to assume, a first batch arrived at Stern, and orders from their store, were filled first.
Distributors, likely will be waiting on the next shipment.
Reach out to Marshall, direct at Little Shop of Games.

#2433 4 years ago

I’m sure all is well and I’ll get it in time. I’m just being impatient lol

#2434 4 years ago

I just re-imaged my SD card to 0.91 from scratch, and a bunch of issues were resolved. Raptor hits were doing nothing, the switch test didn't work at all, and I was hearing weird sounds throughout the game. All fixed!

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just re-imaged my SD card to 0.91 from scratch, and a bunch of issues were resolved. Raptor hits were doing nothing, the switch test didn't work at all, and I was hearing weird sounds throughout the game. All fixed!

Great News!!!!

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’m sure all is well and I’ll get it in time. I’m just being impatient lol

Same here!!

#2437 4 years ago

Just a few questions on the rules that have alluded me so far:

- What lights the extra ball?
- What needs to be achieved to get the Replay credit?
- Upon completing CHAOS a second time do you start CHAOS multiball again by the target at the back of the pops?

#2438 4 years ago

Just a few questions on the rules that have alluded me so far:
- What lights the extra ball?
- What needs to be achieved to get the Replay credit?
- Upon completing CHAOS a second time do you start CHAOS multiball again by the target at the back of the pops?

- 6 rescues. You can also get one by capturing a T-Rex, smart missile awards and fossil sets
- Hitting a self adjusting score threshold
- No, I believe completing Chaos a second time lights control room

#2439 4 years ago

Install was pretty straight forward and it looks awesome.

A44F7172-43A9-41AE-980E-A6FF6092AF15 (resized).jpegA44F7172-43A9-41AE-980E-A6FF6092AF15 (resized).jpegA5698044-488D-4E8D-9F2D-F858DBB88E91 (resized).jpegA5698044-488D-4E8D-9F2D-F858DBB88E91 (resized).jpeg
#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I haven’t had any SDTM issues from the control lane. Depends on how hard the shot in and bounce out is but usually comes back to the flipper. When released from the post mine is also coming to the flipper.

#2441 4 years ago

Where in the menu can you adjust flipper strength again? I can't find it.

#2442 4 years ago

- first time is chaos mb
- second time is a control room mode
- third time is another chaos mb
- fourth time... i have no idea lol

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

All 4 up post areas have issues on my premium received today. Build date 10/22. Issues have been reported to my distro who has forwarded to Stern. I was told to check back in 3 weeks. Simply F'n wonderful.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to my NIB nightmare. Still waiting.
70B17662-0D9F-46AD-857E-D21E25B76BED (resized).jpeg70B17662-0D9F-46AD-857E-D21E25B76BED (resized).jpeg

297AF51C-26A7-4CD3-8DEE-2157A84E81A8 (resized).jpeg297AF51C-26A7-4CD3-8DEE-2157A84E81A8 (resized).jpeg
#2444 4 years ago

I'd pull the trigger on that purchase.

I might wait until next fall. But if I ordered now I wonder if I would get the new playfield with art removed from under the posts or not?

To me, I'd rather get the Pro and mod it with shaker and new T-Rex coming out and all the other great mods. I could do this and still spend far less than a premium.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Clean up the chip area... use a dab of black paint on the one that touched the key line and use some brush on clear to seal the wood.

#2446 4 years ago

news about the next code?

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Welcome to my NIB nightmare. Still waiting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should be ok as Stern seem to be sending replacement playfields for the 'washer version'.

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You should be ok as Stern seem to be sending replacement playfields for the 'washer version'.

Hoping so. Have seen a few people in the industry received one. Still haven’t gotten confirmation that one will be sent to me.

#2449 4 years ago

@TOMGWI, you shouldn't settle for anything less then a replacement POPULATED playfield. You gave good hard earned money for that machine.. Factory and distributor should live up to that.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

TOMGWI, you shouldn't settle for anything less then a replacement POPULATED playfield. You gave good hard earned money for that machine.. Factory and distributor should live up to that.

I agree.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/49?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.