(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 426.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Surprised there's been no mention of the Museum Mayhem T-Rex mode in here. Just finished watching the Dead Flip rules overview with KME and that mode looks like it is going to be an absolute blast between the speed at which the raptors move and the "t-rex throw award" animations.
Question: does the t-rex throw award cause the t-rex to throw the ball if you have throw turned on (any why wouldn't you?!)? In both throw awards in the stream, the ball is dropped onto the left wireform. This would be a great mode to have every throw be a playfield throw - it would fit the animation so perfectly!

This is not the place to talk about actually playing pinball machines. Toppers and mods rule.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, I replaced all 3 coil stops on mine, and it’s playing much better. I had 2 broken stops within a few weeks.

Quoted from evh347:

Maybe broken spring flipper return? (#7). I’ve had that behavior you described on two of my games before exactly as you described. Easy fix. Either replace them or get out some needle pliers and get creative with bending them back into place.
Or buy a replacement...
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check these out.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check these out.

This looks like the problem. Coil stop rivet is blown out.

33FE5AC9-731E-468B-8D51-E2E795279675 (resized).jpeg33FE5AC9-731E-468B-8D51-E2E795279675 (resized).jpeg
#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This looks like the problem. Coil stop rivet is blown out.[quoted image]

Yep, you need to replace the coil stop obviously. This has been happening a few years now with Sterns. Not sure why they can't supply working coil stops.

#2355 4 years ago

Oh and be sure to remove the broken nub that will be inside the coil sleeve before putting a new coil stop on.

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Oh and be sure to remove the broken nub that will be inside the coil sleeve before putting a new coil stop on.

So that’s where it went! I checked in my cabinet for it and couldn’t find it I figured it had to be somewhere. Thank you.

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So that’s where it went! I checked in my cabinet for it and couldn’t find it I figured it had to be somewhere. Thank you.

The nub can't come out of the sleeve until you remove the broken stop.

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This looks like the problem. Coil stop rivet is blown out.[quoted image]

I’ve had this problem now a couple times, once with Star Wars and once on JP. While they sent me new replacements, I ordered the brass colored stops found on their earlier games like LOTR/TSPP and have discoverd they hold up better/better quality.

Both games had a coil stop blow out within a hundred games, that’s completely unacceptable.

#2359 4 years ago

We've had JP3 for two weeks now & have put 100+ plays on the machine already. I can state w/ confidence that this title is absolutely the best title that Stern has ever produced. So much to accomplish w/ the challenging rules & the playfield layout is incredibly unique. Elwin/Stern really hit a grand-slam w/ this machine.

With that said, we are thinking about acquiring Elwin's other title IMaiden. The only setback for us is the theme, but could overlook that w/ consideration to the gameplay. How would you compare JP3 to IMaiden in terms of rules/depth, code & layout?

Also, what is proper abbreviation for Stern JP?

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We've had JP3 for two weeks now & have put 100+ plays on the machine already. I can state w/ confidence that this title is absolutely the best title that Stern has ever produced. So much to accomplish w/ the challenging rules & the playfield layout is incredibly unique. Elwin/Stern really hit a grand-slam w/ this machine.
With that said, we are thinking about acquiring Elwin's other title IMaiden. The only setback for us is the theme, but could overlook that w/ consideration to the gameplay. How would you compare JP3 to IMaiden in terms of rules/depth, code & layout?

If you love Jurassic Park, you’ll love Iron Maiden, but JP will end up being the better game in the long run. They’re both pretty epic offerings.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If you love Jurassic Park, you’ll love Iron Maiden, but JP will end up being the better game in the long run. They’re both pretty epic offerings.

Agreed!

#2362 4 years ago

Maiden is great but ultimately the theme killed it for me

Just can't get past how bad that music is and how cheesey it is. I didn't grow up in that time though so it doesn't resonate.

#2363 4 years ago

Ditto.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

IMDN is currently my favorite pin. Pinballmix put together an 80s mix for me, and I’m in the process of creating custom back glass and side art. It’s a great game stuck on a terrible theme.

#2365 4 years ago

Any interior decorator would tell you to never use cool white lighting in your living or dinning rooms. It's OK for basements and workshops or commercial kitchens. But anywhere you want accurate colors and just a warmer tone to the eye, you use warm white. Sunlight LEDs are a happy medium. So for your proper playfield colors to pop, do not use cool white unless the playfield colors were chosen for this. My ST pro is one such machine. Warm white does not work well for this table at all.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Iron Maiden is one of my absolute favorites! Theme does nothing for me but it remains one of the first ones I go to when I’m at Logan. I love the rules and the layout is so geometrically satisfying. The theme held me back from buying it too so when JP came out I knew it would be my first NIB. I think with IM the game transcends the theme and you would be very happy having those two in a collection. The charm hasn’t worn off at all for me with IM but JP does seem like the perfect step forward and somehow even more satisfying and unique shots. And more storytelling in the rules which I think adds to the enjoyment.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maiden is great but ultimately the theme killed it for me
Just can't get past how bad that music is and how cheesey it is. I didn't grow up in that time though so it doesn't resonate.

Pinball browser is your friend

#2368 4 years ago

Well, I know not everyone will agree, but I think this is a big improvement on the Pro model

20191026_212731 (resized).jpg20191026_212731 (resized).jpg20191026_220242 (resized).jpg20191026_220242 (resized).jpg20191026_224357 (resized).jpg20191026_224357 (resized).jpg
#2369 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Pinball browser is your friend

Yep and I had my own mix playing but you just can't shake the cheese that is iron maiden. So cheesy it's embarrassing

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep and I had my own mix playing but you just can't shake the cheese that is iron maiden. So cheesy it's embarrassing

Honestly, I kinda like most of the art. The music could be better.

#2371 4 years ago

Got to Visitor Center tonight, but there didn't seem to be much there.

Is it not programmed yet?

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thats OK Delt I hear there might be an Ink Spots pin in the works, will that resonate better? Actually I'm a big fan of the Ink Spots.

#2373 4 years ago

On CBS Sunday Morning, an 1:15 in because of delay, is a nice story On Jurassic Park, including the touring show,
History of T-Rex finds, and a Nice dig site piece.

Id love to find a way to display my fossils, and Dino bones somehow with the game....I miss going on Digs!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#2374 4 years ago
29903425-B5CF-4B16-BA6D-46A78158B479 (resized).jpeg29903425-B5CF-4B16-BA6D-46A78158B479 (resized).jpeg3C94E3A9-66D3-4424-BCFC-A1B8F5D18D2B (resized).jpeg3C94E3A9-66D3-4424-BCFC-A1B8F5D18D2B (resized).jpeg
#2375 4 years ago

Notcied the right side captive ball doesn't touch all the time, with light hits.
The left side doesn't ever have an issue.
it eventually gets there with table vibrations or if you shake it a little.

The incline was at 6.6, so I increased it to 7, seems to come down a little easier. (might be my imagination)
the truck is gapped.
The ball isn't dragging on the playfield
The playfield is level + or - .05 at the flippers and near the truck
I even swapped the bearing washer from the helicopter one to see if that made a difference, but no.

not a big deal, but if anyone has any ideas. I've never played another JP before, so I'm not sure if this is a thing or not.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Notcied the right side captive ball doesn't touch all the time, with light hits.
The incline was at 6.6, so I increased it to 7, seems to come down a little easier. (might be my imagination)
the truck is gapped.
I even swapped the bearing washer from the helicopter one to see if that made a difference, but no.

not a big deal, but if anyone has any ideas. I've never played another JP before, so I'm not sure if this is a thing or not.

Doesn't look like an angle issue to me. Check for a loose piece of debris or something that would keep the truck from spinning smoothly. It wants to go down, but something (looks like friction) is stopping it.

#2377 4 years ago

Major Raptor Ramp update!

I've previously reported my ramp is brick city. Maybe 1/10 shots would make it up the ramp. Took it apart today for a closer look and found the issue. It wasn't assembled correctly. The prongs were in the ramp. Ball would come around, clip them and die. After making this adjustment my ramp is now perfectly smooth and shooting like the other couple JP's I've played.

Before:
beforebefore
After:
afterafter

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Got to Visitor Center tonight, but there didn't seem to be much there.
Is it not programmed yet?

It is not programmed yet. I haven’t played mine in weeks, or even updated the code yet, done all I can really do in the game for now.

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Major Raptor Ramp update!
I've previously reported my ramp is brick city. Maybe 1/10 shots would make it up the ramp. Took it apart today for a closer look and found the issue. It wasn't assembled correctly. The prongs were in the ramp. Ball would come around, clip them and die. After making this adjustment my ramp is now perfectly smooth and shooting like the other couple JP's I've played.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on in those pictures, but when it clicked, jeez... I'm surprised you ever got the ramp to work that way at all.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on in those pictures, but when it clicked, jeez... I'm surprised you ever got the ramp to work that way at all.

It was so frustrating. Thought I was just losing my mind when comparing to the other pins I played. For anyone else that thinks their ramp might be off, you don't even need to take anything apart to see if yours is like this. Now that those prongs are on top, I can see them right through the ramp ramp plastics.

20191027_174708 (resized).jpg20191027_174708 (resized).jpg
#2381 4 years ago

It is not programmed yet. I haven’t played mine in weeks, or even updated the code yet, done all I can really do in the game for now.

How about Museum Mayhem? Or is that after completing Visitors Center?

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Doesn't look like an angle issue to me. Check for a loose piece of debris or something that would keep the truck from spinning smoothly. It wants to go down, but something (looks like friction) is stopping it.

Think you just gave me an idea.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

the truck is gapped.

Definitely not normal behavior. Mine is smooth as glass spinning both ways. Something is causing friction or binding, preventing your jeep from moving freely

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

On CBS Sunday Morning, an 1:15 in because of delay, is a nice story On Jurassic Park, including the touring show,
History of T-Rex finds, and a Nice dig site piece.
Id love to find a way to display my fossils, and Dino bones somehow with the game....I miss going on Digs![quoted image][quoted image]

we should talk, I go out west every summer for a few weeks to dig and live in the best Devonian location in the world!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2385 4 years ago

The glory of metal washer grooving into a playfield with clearcoat problem...

Put rubber washers in their places.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LLN45HOuz/?igshid=iui8xwgb2z4a
IMG_20191028_160357_769 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_769 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_770 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_770 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_810 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_810 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_812 (resized).jpgIMG_20191028_160357_812 (resized).jpg

20191028_205703 (resized).jpg20191028_205703 (resized).jpg
#2386 4 years ago

Can’t get enough of this game. Once you find the sweet spots, the shots become buttery smooth and beyond satisfying to nail. Set a strong PB yesterday while I await the arrival of my Premium!

FA8DE061-CB47-4718-8870-86A1C8DCC904 (resized).pngFA8DE061-CB47-4718-8870-86A1C8DCC904 (resized).png
#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The glory of metal washer grooving into a playfield with clearcoat problem...
Put rubber washers in their places.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LLN45HOuz/?igshid=iui8xwgb2z4a[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn :/
Where do you buy rubber washers?

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

well, I just replaced the bushing with another one and now it works great..... Looked at it closely and didn't see anything wrong with it so IDK. maybe it wasn't even?

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

we should talk, I go out west every summer for a few weeks to dig and live in the best Devonian location in the world![quoted image]

Thanks!, Would be cool....I use to dig in NY for Devonian.....doubt my body could handle the bending these days!

What do you find?

#2390 4 years ago

Exciting day, our premium came in! The less exciting part, first thing I noticed after unboxing..it’s already falling apart. The hunt for the missing screw is on (if it was even there originally). SMH, get it together Stern!!

F34B50EA-A742-465A-937E-A484F6892B2F (resized).jpegF34B50EA-A742-465A-937E-A484F6892B2F (resized).jpegD83F3349-5E7B-487F-B965-AA35F2C2706D (resized).jpegD83F3349-5E7B-487F-B965-AA35F2C2706D (resized).jpeg
#2391 4 years ago

I would really love to see pics of a premium or pro with the stern side armor and stern art blades. Thanks in advance!

#2392 4 years ago

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.

I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.

"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."

Thanks everyone!

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Posting this in a few topics, feel free to share.
I was concerned about Cliffy, due to his relative proximity to the current California fires and power outages, and he replied as such.
"I’m sorry but nothing going out right now as power has been cut, no internet, no way to print shipping labels. We are smothered in smoke and surrounded by fires and non-stop 50mph winds. Please let everyone know cliffys is down right now and could be a few more days without power
Sincerest apologies."
Thanks everyone!

Too notch guy. Hope he's ok!

#2394 4 years ago

Obviously all JP3's are NIB at this time. What does the majority do to protect the playfield once a NIB is received? Wax, cliffys, mylar, shooter protector, change balls, etc. I personally only use Novus on plastic & very dirty playfields, but possibly one might swear by it. Just want to get a general idea w/ what you are doing once you receive a NIB.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Obviously all JP3's are NIB at this time. What does the majority do to protect the playfield once a NIB is received? Wax, cliffys, mylar, shooter protector, change balls, etc. I personally only use Novus on plastic & very dirty playfields, but possibly one might swear by it. Just want to get a general idea w/ what you are doing once you receive a NIB.

Cleaning with Novus 1, waxing 2 to 3 coats of blitz wax (one will do it, I just like to get more wax down initially in light coats), using small about of Wizards mist and shine on the in and outlanes (really help prevent almost all ball trails), new balls from Pinball life, plastic protectors for art plastics, change VUK trough setting to lowest eject power... That's it as far as protection...I clean, vacuum, and rewax every couple hundred plays

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

What does the majority do to protect the playfield once a NIB is received? Wax, cliffys, mylar, shooter protector, change balls, etc. I personally only use Novus on plastic & very dirty playfields, but possibly one might swear by it. Just want to get a general idea w/ what you are doing once you receive a NIB.

Play it first and get it dialed in! Then, when that's done... Wax it with Blitz Carnauba Paste Wax .. https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

As far as Cliffy's, I like shooter lane protection from day one. You can just cut out a piece of Mylar, but a prefab protector is better and easier. Also, for plastic ramps that tend to get chipped on ends (like my ST). Other than that, Cliffy's can be added later down the road to cover worn areas like a scoop hole.

Put Mylar wherever there are ball drops out of habitrails and around pop bumpers.

I never use factory balls either. Clean the oil off of new balls. I use Pinball Life balls.

Only use Novus 2 for the playfield if you have ground in dirt (ball swirls) or bad scratches. Never use Novus 3! For normal cleaning, only use Novus 1. It has no abrasive and doesn't remove old wax or clear coat! No need to remove old wax. Vacuum or blow out the dirt and then clean with Novus 1. This way, no need to re wax every cleaning like you would with Novus 2.

Also, get a rubber cleaner. They get dirty fast.

#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

the truck is gapped.

I just fixed this exact issue yesterday. First, check the play on the truck by checking the up/down motion. If there's barely any, or more than say 1/8" roughly, raise the playfield.

There is a plastic sensor piece that can can touch the metal "fan" attached to the truck post causing this issue. Spin that truck and see if it rubs, if so, loosen the hex bolt and adjust up or down as needed.

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I just fixed this exact issue yesterday. First, check the play on the truck by checking the up/down motion. If there's barely any, or more than say 1/8" roughly, raise the playfield.
There is a plastic sensor piece that can can touch the metal "fan" attached to the truck post causing this issue. Spin that truck and see if it rubs, if so, loosen the hex bolt and adjust up or down as needed.

there was plenty of play, that was the first thing I checked and double checked. Then made sure the opto disrupter thing wasn't rubbing on the bottom in the down position.
finally took it apart and tried another bushing, seemed to work. I tried the old bushing again and the same thing happened. Not real sure if its a height difference or something weird with that bushing, but its good now so I'm happy.

#2399 4 years ago

With regards to the clearcoat/artwork-issues around posts on JP3, will a playfield protector help negate (or help) this, as the ball will be in contact with the playfield protector and not the actual mylar?

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

With regards to the clearcoat/artwork-issues around posts on JP3, will a playfield protector help negate (or help) this, as the ball will be in contact with the playfield protector and not the actual mylar?

It actually helps, but around the post the PF protector doesn't actually touch, so if your posts are loose, there can still be issues. Just make sure your slings post are 2 finger tight. If your PF is one of the new ones where they removed the art below the posts, there should be no issue. Having said all that, PF protectors from Germany are stellar and I install them on all my games. Hence all my machines look brand new still, even with many plays on them. If there is a must have mod, it’s PF protectors in my opinion. Some don’t like them and I’ve tried it both ways.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/48?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.