(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,282 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 minutes ago by sllerts
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 426.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Let's mark this as a key post!!

Done

#2302 4 years ago

Thank you. Can anyone mark key posts? I didnt see how. I assumed only moderators could?

#2303 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and photoshop the Premium translite onto the Pro? I want to see what it looks like. I'm leaning towards getting a Pro but don't really dig the font so it may be worth purchasing a Premium translite to go with it.

JPCabs (resized).pngJPCabs (resized).png
#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can someone do me a favor and photoshop the Premium translite onto the Pro? I want to see what it looks like.

I just did it with my mind. Looks pretty good, but the sky colors clash a bit. Each package is at a different time of day.

pro - daytime
premium - sundown
LE - evening

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm leaning towards getting a Pro but don't really dig the font

I'll never understand why they went with that drab olive/tan font on the pro. I actually like that it's just the title and not the entire logo with T-rex circle, but ugh, those colors. That's one area they didn't improve on the Data East version:

DE JP.jpgDE JP.jpg

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

From the Tilt forums rulesheet:
“Playing Paddock Modes
Overview: Try to capture the dinosaur(s) in the Paddock, while also rescuing park staff. The sequence to capture the dinosaur is: rescue a certain number of staff -> set trap target(s) -> shoot Helipad (higher level paddocks) -> shoot the yellow capture arrow.”
Then repeat the MAP -> start Paddock sequence.

I feel like I've completed the first two without all those steps, or am I just so busy trying to keep the ball out of the outlanes?!?

Also, I have the game at 6.5 on a digital level, and bubble in the middle of the lines. When the ball goes to the side, there's like an 80% chance it's draining. If it hits the top of the slings, almost guaranteed it's going out.

What level are you guys at? And do you find this game heavy on the drainage?

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I feel like I've completed the first two without all those steps

Correct. The Level 1 paddocks are easier: after only one Rescue, only one Set Trap target required, and no shot to Helipad ramp required. And one shot next to the Dino green arrow is also lit for your capture (so you have two capture shots available).
I believe Level 2 paddocks require a shot to the helipad to light the dino arrow flashing green/yellow for capture.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

If it hits the top of the slings, almost guaranteed it's going out.

Yes, the outlanes are very drainy, particularly the left one for me. Notice how narrow the gap is between the inlane post and slingshot to feed the inlane -- it's designed to drain you. JP3 will be good to train everyone: any time the ball hits the top of the slings, upward nudge to get the ball completely out of the in/outlane area.

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

JP3 will be good to train everyone: any time the ball hits the top of the slings, upward nudge to get the ball completely out of the in/outlane area.

This exactly! I was never much of a "nudger" until owning JP3. If you dont bump this bad boy, you arent going to get very far

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just did it with my mind. Looks pretty good, but the sky colors clash a bit. Each package is at a different time of day.
pro - daytime
premium - sundown
LE - evening

I did it in my mind and thought the same thing. That orange sky may clash but it's still probably better than the Pro translite. They should have just put the same logo on as the Premium or made it look more like the original JP translite.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I did it in my mind and thought the same thing. That orange sky may clash but it's still probably better than the Pro translite. They should have just put the same logo on as the Premium or made it look more like the original JP translite.

I agree. Anything is better than the pro but that will likely clash with the color.

#2311 4 years ago

I know I saw this before, but where/how do I hook up an led strip on this baby. My Prem came yesterday, including a Keith Elwin autograph on the translite. So pumped i bought an LED strip off of amazon without researching if or how to use it!!

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Anyone pre-order a stern amber shooter rod from Little Shop of games and has actually received it? I ordered one from them in early August and have emailed them several times once i seen they were now available from stern on when they would be shipping mine. No response from them what so ever.
So much for trying to be first in line, now stern is sold out of first batch. From now on i will just wait until available and order direct from stern.

I am in the exact same boat. Ordered the same week JP2 was announced. Only good thing is we paid 1/2 the current price.

#2313 4 years ago

This exactly! I was never much of a "nudger" until owning JP3. If you dont bump this bad boy, you arent going to get very far

If you don't tilt, you don't care.

#2314 4 years ago

JP LE is also sold out in Germany....I will get mine in a few days..

#2315 4 years ago

Surprised there's been no mention of the Museum Mayhem T-Rex mode in here. Just finished watching the Dead Flip rules overview with KME and that mode looks like it is going to be an absolute blast between the speed at which the raptors move and the "t-rex throw award" animations.

Question: does the t-rex throw award cause the t-rex to throw the ball if you have throw turned on (any why wouldn't you?!)? In both throw awards in the stream, the ball is dropped onto the left wireform. This would be a great mode to have every throw be a playfield throw - it would fit the animation so perfectly!

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Can someone do me a favor and photoshop the Premium translite onto the Pro? I want to see what it looks like. I'm leaning towards getting a Pro but don't really dig the font so it may be worth purchasing a Premium translite to go with it.[quoted image]

Here ya go!
01497f94723784e114492c06391c253211815e05 (resized).png01497f94723784e114492c06391c253211815e05 (resized).png

Did an LE also for you...looks like the LE clashes less to me

01497f94723784e114492c06391c253211815e05 (resized).png01497f94723784e114492c06391c253211815e05 (resized).png
#2317 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here ya go![quoted image]

Thanks! That looks better than I had pictured in my mind. When you factor in that the game is usually placed in between other games i your line-up and you typically just look at it from the front I think this is going to be the way to go.-at least for me if I end up ordering a Pro.

#2318 4 years ago

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds, to light up the play field a bit? Thoughts / pics?

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds, to light up the play field a bit? Thoughts / pics?

I'll be doing comet sunlight in mine.

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'll be doing comet sunlight in mine.

Ill be checking mine, I think Ill be doing fluted domes, Warm, or cool, but I have some Sunlight left too.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2321 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill be checking mine, I think Ill be doing fluted domes, Warm, or cool, but I have some Sunlight left too.[quoted image]

Oooo the fluted would look sweet too!

#2322 4 years ago

Comet Sunlight, 2 LED frosted.

Definitely brighter but not too much so. Sorry for no before and after. Actually, I ran out of Sunlight so if you look closely at the inlane/outlane dividers, the LED closest to the flippers on both sides is the factory warm white.
65F74853-B2CD-4781-A912-A098FBB49594 (resized).jpeg65F74853-B2CD-4781-A912-A098FBB49594 (resized).jpeg

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Surprised there's been no mention of the Museum Mayhem T-Rex mode in here. Just finished watching the Dead Flip rules overview with KME and that mode looks like it is going to be an absolute blast between the speed at which the raptors move and the "t-rex throw award" animations.
Question: does the t-rex throw award cause the t-rex to throw the ball if you have throw turned on (any why wouldn't you?!)? In both throw awards in the stream, the ball is dropped onto the left wireform. This would be a great mode to have every throw be a playfield throw - it would fit the animation so perfectly!

Dang it! I watched the first 45 minutes of it last night to see the walk through on rules. They made it to Museum Mayhem when they started playing? I’ll have to finish watching it this weekend. That was a great walkthrough with the glass off. I learned a couple things I hadn’t realized before like how the supply drop adds to the 2x timer if the 2x timer was already lit when you get the supply drop. Thought is was interesting too when he said the Raptor Tower Combo is going to be important because they’re incorporating it into something for a future code version.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anybody try switching the warm leds to cool leds

Not a chance.

#2325 4 years ago

I am usually not big on warm LEDs, but man I think it is perfect in JP. Definetly would not be in my SW, BM, or even POTC.

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

They made it to Museum Mayhem when they started playing?

Kind of, they used the debug menu to turn it on at game start. Watch the last 15 minutes or so of the stream to see it.

Also looking forward to the 4th part of the super skill shot...O loop? Helipad? Spitter spinner? Helipad makes the most sense to me for the flow - other ideas?

#2327 4 years ago

Thank you. Can anyone mark key posts? I didnt see how. I assumed only moderators could?

No. You must be a Pinside editor. If it's something you're interested in, you should reach out to Robin

#2328 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Kind of, they used the debug menu to turn it on at game start. Watch the last 15 minutes or so of the stream to see it.
Also looking forward to the 4th part of the super skill shot...O loop? Helipad? Spitter spinner? Helipad makes the most sense to me for the flow - other ideas?

Yep, I forgot they mentioned an addition to the skill shot. That was neat to hear it’s on the way. It’ll be fun to see which shot it is. I’d like the helipad the best. I hope it isn’t the amber target. That would be a tough one for me.

Also, was it just me or did King of the Island MB look really tough? I hadn’t seen it before the video last night. I’m getting closer and closer to it when I play though. Last night I did finally get 1 round of all jackpot shots and the super in T-Rex MB. Missed hitting the “C” shot first though so they were all 1x.

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.

DSC04413 (resized).JPGDSC04413 (resized).JPGDSC04417 (resized).JPGDSC04417 (resized).JPG
#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.[quoted image][quoted image]

The color looks washed out with those cool whites. Compare your pic to the pic a few posts above with Comet Sunlights and the warmer color temperature looks so much better! look at the slings or lane guides specifically

Typically one of the first things I do on my Stern games is get rid of the cool white and replace with warm or sunlight frosted bulbs from Comet.
coolwhite (resized).jpgcoolwhite (resized).jpgsunlight (resized).jpgsunlight (resized).jpg

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its way way better. Spot on the right sling and all good.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for all the opinions. I'd like to make everything a little brighter IMO. It looks a little dark compared to my other machines

KIMG1776 (resized).JPGKIMG1776 (resized).JPG
#2332 4 years ago

Makes sense for 4th skill shot to be helipad, then why not 5th spinner, then 6th upper loop? That's gotta be a DNA combo right?

#2333 4 years ago

Has anyone installed Pinstadiums on their JP yet?

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Post #2266 looks like he has them on there.

#2336 4 years ago

That looks nice, I find JP to be pretty dark in the middle. Might have to splurge on those signs as well.

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thanks for all the opinions. I'd like to make everything a little brighter IMO. It looks a little dark compared to my other machines[quoted image]

Use pinstadiums! I love them. Then you wouldn’t need to change any playfield lights and you can change from cool white to sunlight to whatever white range has.

#2338 4 years ago

I went for the omegas on this one to try. Can’t be disappointed either way but haven’t witnessed the omegas in person. Quality product that the guy stands behind.

#2339 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The color looks washed out with those cool whites.

Thats cause my pic sucks. It really doesn't. But I like the sun lights too.

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Screenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2341 4 years ago

I have no flipper maintenance experience and I just had a problem pop up on my lower right flipper. While playing, I put the flipper up to catch a ball coming down the playfield toward it. When the ball hit the flipper, the flipper gave way just a little bit backward (maybe 1/8 inch bounceback). Immediately after that the flipper had WAY less power than it did before. I tested both flippers during game play and the left one stays solid when its up and a ball coming down the playfield hits it, but the right one now has a bit of give backward when that happens on it and it's still way underpowered. Seems like something mechanical came loose or gave way on it. Anyone have any ideas on what to check?

#2342 4 years ago

all I know is that the armor is fire....
Premium JP is finally home.

Also I can say the art is way better than I expectedZ I liked premium art because of the raptors on left side BUT I didn’t like the main backglass. Seeing in person it’s great... preimum artwork is about the raptors and I love it

A6C30579-DD3F-4377-AE0B-1F1B1796E7F7 (resized).jpegA6C30579-DD3F-4377-AE0B-1F1B1796E7F7 (resized).jpegD8096E77-8E18-47DF-B23C-B40749555699 (resized).jpegD8096E77-8E18-47DF-B23C-B40749555699 (resized).jpeg
#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Sounds like a blown out coil stop most likely. Annoying but cheap fix

Yep, I replaced all 3 coil stops on mine, and it’s playing much better. I had 2 broken stops within a few weeks.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I have no flipper maintenance experience and I just had a problem pop up on my lower right flipper. While playing, I put the flipper up to catch a ball coming down the playfield toward it. When the ball hit the flipper, the flipper gave way just a little bit backward (maybe 1/8 inch bounceback). Immediately after that the flipper had WAY less power than it did before. I tested both flippers during game play and the left one stays solid when its up and a ball coming down the playfield hits it, but the right one now has a bit of give backward when that happens on it and it's still way underpowered. Seems like something mechanical came loose or gave way on it. Anyone have any ideas on what to check?

Yep, Agree with swampfire and jdroc it's a blown coil stop, easy enough to replace, (I'm a novice also and I managed to do it ) It happened to me on the same flipper 2 weeks ago, I changed all 3 just to be on the safe side, $4.95 ea from Pinball Life. Good luck

#2346 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything regarding topper yet? Side armour and shooter rods are now available to order but no word on topper yet.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe broken spring flipper return? (#7). I’ve had that behavior you described on two of my games before exactly as you described. Easy fix. Either replace them or get out some needle pliers and get creative with bending them back into place.
Or buy a replacement...
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html

E98F5998-FFA7-4ED7-9794-28BED3624510 (resized).pngE98F5998-FFA7-4ED7-9794-28BED3624510 (resized).png
#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone heard anything regarding topper yet? Side armour and shooter rods are now available to order but no word on topper yet.

My distributor asked about it a few days ago. All he knows right now is that it definately isn't that creepy one in the photograph that was circulating a while back.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Thanks for posting - The armor looks great. I should have my armor on Monday.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Premium JP is finally home.
Also I can say the art is way better than I expectedZ I liked premium art because of the raptors on left side BUT I didn’t like the main backglass. Seeing in person it’s great... preimum artwork is about the raptors and I love it

I think the raptors in the kitchen is my favorite side art. Ours should be in soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 21,282 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/47?hl=hawkmoon77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.