(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,259 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by ChrisBardon
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 426.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Barbasol can mod finished. Filing orders in November

Pretty sweet!! I like that the vials are exposed and flash with the light show.

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Technically. The can can be tied to any insert light on the playfield within the sensor distance. The sensor can go from the control room insert to the chaos insert an anything withing that radius. You want it to activate with the spinner done. The supply light done. The 2x playfield that's good too. User's choice.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Agreed.

#2254 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I stood in front of that game at expo this weekend and that stripe paint job is just too much

Yeah some of his others thou were nice.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I can smoothly post transfer from left to right, but the right flipper just doesn't pass it regardless of how gentle or hard I press.

Any suggestions?

Timing on the right flipper button might be tougher to nail since it's a double leaf switch, due to the upper flipper.

#2256 4 years ago

Anyone get the amber/mosquito lighted shooter rod? No wiring instructions came with it. . . I haven’t even looked but it looks like it goes into the node board by the coin door somewhere.

#2257 4 years ago

Anyone pre-order a stern amber shooter rod from Little Shop of games and has actually received it? I ordered one from them in early August and have emailed them several times once i seen they were now available from stern on when they would be shipping mine. No response from them what so ever.
So much for trying to be first in line, now stern is sold out of first batch. From now on i will just wait until available and order direct from stern.

#2258 4 years ago

I’m having the SAME issue with Little Shop of Games. I too ordered way back and they won’t respond.

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I’m having the SAME issue with Little Shop of Games. I too ordered way back and they won’t respond.

I ordered from them very early on as well. I’ve sent emails to them twice and both times they’ve promptly replied that they haven’t received them yet.

Last time I checked in was probably two weeks ago.

#2260 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I ordered from them very early on as well. I’ve sent emails to them twice and both times they’ve promptly replied that they haven’t received them yet.
Last time I checked in was probably two weeks ago.

Try checking in again. Two weeks ago they were not available from Stern, but now they are or were, so wouldn't you assume LSOG would have received some to ship out to early pre-orders.

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

Anyone get the amber/mosquito lighted shooter rod?

How does it look? any pics?

#2262 4 years ago

I just noticed JPII is number 3 on the top 100 list.

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just noticed JPII is number 3 on the top 100 list.

Guaranteed it doesn’t stay there. They’ll be a bunch of 3.0 ratings from people who’ve never played it.

#2264 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

Anyone get the amber/mosquito lighted shooter rod? No wiring instructions came with it. . . I haven’t even looked but it looks like it goes into the node board by the coin door somewhere.

What's the connector look like? How many holes? Where are the wires and is it keyed?

#2265 4 years ago

Anyone know what targets are included in the Amber Targets scoring? Is it all standup targets, or something else?

#2266 4 years ago

To start . . I ordered directly from Stern with other clothing items. Right away the 1 page included instructions didn't say anything about wiring which I new would be a problem right away because of the 2 amber LED's. . . no worry . . I'll figure it out (CN15). . As can be seen in the attached image Stern included generic instructions. . not mentioning the custom metal plate included or the wiring. . then it gets complicated. . . the spring for the shooter rod spring was pre-installed on the wrong side and the two LED lights moved within the shooter rod plate. . . almost as if they needed to be hot glued into place. . . so I continued to trouble shoot and use common sense and got it installed. I'm not a typical complainer in pinball or otherwise but am not impressed by the instructions or the factory assembly. .but the final product is pretty sweet! It looks good but quality control/instructions need to be adjusted ASAP. The end result with other mods. . Speaker lights/acrylic, MustangPaul protectors/cupholder, LED flippers, PinStadium Lights. . . . What a typical American problem I encountered tonight. .

Mike

IMG_0611 (resized).jpgIMG_0611 (resized).jpgIMG_0608 (resized).jpgIMG_0608 (resized).jpgIMG_0609 (resized).jpgIMG_0609 (resized).jpgIMG_0610 (resized).jpgIMG_0610 (resized).jpg
#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

To start . . I ordered directly from Stern with other clothing items. Right away the 1 page included instructions didn't say anything about wiring which I new would be a problem right away because of the 2 amber LED's. . . no worry . . I'll figure it out (CN15). . As can be seen in the attached image Stern included generic instructions. . not mentioning the custom metal plate included or the wiring. . then it gets complicated. . . the spring for the shooter rod spring was pre-installed on the wrong side and the two LED lights moved within the shooter rod plate. . . almost as if they needed to be hot glued into place. . . so I continued to trouble shoot and use common sense and got it installed. I'm not a typical complainer in pinball or otherwise but am not impressed by the instructions or the factory assembly. .but the final product is pretty sweet! It looks good but quality control/instructions need to be adjusted ASAP. The end result with other mods. . Speaker lights/acrylic, MustangPaul protectors/cupholder, LED flippers, PinStadium Lights. . . . What a typical American problem I encountered tonight. .
Mike[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the info. How did you end up wiring as it would be helpful for others

#2268 4 years ago

from Rydhia in the prem/le thread...

Quoted from Rydhia:

Here is how the shooter rod from Stern arrived for anyone wondering.[quoted image]

for those interested.

jp_rod (resized).jpgjp_rod (resized).jpg
#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Guaranteed it doesn’t stay there. They’ll be a bunch of 3.0 ratings from people who’ve never played it.

That’s why the top 100 should be renamed to “Owners & Haters top 100 bragging & bashing list”. The way it’s setup is totally meaningless. Old games and new games should not be on the same list.

It is a popularity contest, with new games always being bashed in favor of the old nostalgic games, which are nice, but are shallow compared to the modern day machines.

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That’s why the top 100 should be renamed to “Owners & Haters top 100 bragging list”. The way it’s setup is totally meaningless. Old games and new games should not be on the same list.
It is a popularity contest, with new games always being bashed in favor of the old nostalgic games, which are nice, but are shallow compared to the modern day machines.

I don’t disagree that the top 100 list tends to be a fanboy club when something first is announced, but it tends to balance out over time. Look at America’s Most Haunted, that was #1 for a while.

However, depth of a game doesn’t directly correlate to fun. Attack from Mars is a genuinely fun game, and I don’t wish for it to be any more deep. I’m fine ranking it against newer games that are more deep. Star Wars is plenty complex, but it’s not as fun as some of the classics.

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I don’t disagree that the top 100 list tends to be a fanboy club when something first is announced, but it tends to balance out over time. Look at America’s Most Haunted, that was #1 for a while.
However, depth of a game doesn’t directly correlate to fun. Attack from Mars is a genuinely fun game, and I don’t wish for it to be any more deep. I’m fine ranking it against newer games that are more deep. Star Wars is plenty complex, but it’s not as fun as some of the classics.

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home. Not a lot there to keep you coming back over the years at these high prices.

SWpre/LE, has lastability in spades and once you understand the game, it has so much going on and so many cool toys, it is way underrated, by those that don’t own one or have many games on it. SWpre/LE is a perfect example of how the top 100 is so far off base and is a farce.

JP 2019 is a perfect example of a game that should be number one for a long time to come, but will surely drop as haters blast it for no reason at all and give it low undeserved ratings.

#2272 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home.
SWpre/LE, has lastability in spades and once you understand the game, it has so much going on and so many cool toys, it is way underrated, by those that don’t own one or have many games on it. SWpre/LE is a perfect example of how the top 100 is so far off base and is a farce.

It really is a fantastic game.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

Mike[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to hear you got it sorted out and thanks for the CN15 plug in report. I had never noticed that connection on the cabinet node board before (probably because it was not on the SPIKE 1 boards when I was snooping around for a power connection) and was expecting the plug in might have been the DBA connection or one of the ticket connections (depending on the amount of power needed for the shooter rod light). So I'm glad to hear it's on a connection made for spare LED uses.

#2274 4 years ago

Had my coin door interlock switch fry itself a few games in. Went open mid-ball, then when I opened the door I saw a little spark shower from it and it stuck closed, so it's all better now. Lol.

#2275 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for the info. How did you end up wiring as it would be helpful for others

CN15 on the board inside the coin door. Labeled LED or something and the only option with the connector provided.

#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

CN15 on the board inside the coin door. Labeled LED or something and the only option with the connector provided.

It would seem that plugin on the board should allow for those to be controlled lights. It would be nice it they did some controlled flashing or something concerning the amber build up or collection or something. Not a big thing, as people aren't going to be looking at their shooter knobs while playing, but if a little code would add some link between the amber shooter rod and the amber component in gameplay.....why not?

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It would seem that plugin on the board should allow for those to be controlled lights. It would be nice it they did some controlled flashing or something concerning the amber build up or collection or something. Not a big thing, as people aren't going to be looking at their shooter knobs while playing, but if a little code would add some link between the amber shooter rod and the amber component in gameplay.....why not?

I like that idea.

#2278 4 years ago

Just bought a JP LE should be here in a couple of days! Is there any specific posts I should look at for tweaking my machine?

I've owned a Guardians and there were a few issues with the drop target and right orbit that needed attention.

Anything like that on JP? Also any areas that have lots of dimpling that might require mylar or anything? I have the plastic protector set coming from Mezels, but no shooter lane protector as of yet was thinking I would just add some mylar to that.

Any help is much appreciated!

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If you actually put time on SWpre/LE, think you’d feel differently about that. AFM is a great location game, which is what it was made for, but lastability is most important imo, for the home. Not a lot there to keep you coming back over the years at these high prices.
JP 2019 is a perfect example of a game that should be number one for a long time to come, but will surely drop as haters blast it for no reason at all and give it low undeserved ratings.

How do you jump to the conclusion I haven’t put time on an LE? I owned an LE NIB, and have played many games on premiums.

I paid $8800 for my LE and took an absolute bath on the resell. I’d say that’s pretty indicative that the ratings of the game are probably accurate.

I’ve also owned an original AFM and an AFMRLE. I have an appreciation for deep rule sets, but I still believe that game is one of the best pinball has to offer. It absolutely deserves to be ranked with newer more deep ruleset games.

#2280 4 years ago

AFM is a great game for so many reasons. I have an original that happens to be on location but when it was at home I consistently played it more than my others. I usually have about 10/17 working. Anyway, it's not popular because it has a ruleset like Woz it's popular because the ruleset is shallow as hell but the gameplay is fun and funny. I had a SW Pro and liked it but it's gone. I have a JP on location and it's super fun. Will it be a keeper? Who knows. One thing I do know is AFM is never leaving.

#2281 4 years ago

It's here

20191023_110347 (resized).jpg20191023_110347 (resized).jpg20191023_111012 (resized).jpg20191023_111012 (resized).jpg20191023_111202 (resized).jpg20191023_111202 (resized).jpg
#2282 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

SW's Premium & JP3 are perfect for home-use. So much intricate strategy on both titles w/ the complexity on how to approach the rule set. The challenging playfield layout on each is fantastic, w/ JP3 having that unique Elwin design. If there was a separate category for the "Ideal Home-Use Machine", these two titles would easily make the cut. Just pure pinball at it's finest!

#2283 4 years ago

Just bought a JP LE should be here in a couple of days! Is there any specific posts I should look at for tweaking my machine?

I've owned a Guardians and there were a few issues with the drop target and right orbit that needed attention.

Anything like that on JP? Also any areas that have lots of dimpling that might require mylar or anything? I have the plastic protector set coming from Mezels, but no shooter lane protector as of yet was thinking I would just add some mylar to that.

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

'if you actually put time..' lol.... the guy bought SWLE before it was even announced. Maybe if you 'actually knew' before pontificating.

SW as a pinball players game a turd. I'll preach it from on high. It's doomed to long term mediocrity just like its predecessors were.

JP on the other hand should be a strong long haul contender IMO. It's a solid grade A performance due to its fun geometry, reasonable media package, and engaging elwin rules design.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

AFM is a great game for so many reasons. I have an original that happens to be on location but when it was at home I consistently played it more than my others.

Quoted from Ockeyhead:

SW's Premium & JP3 are perfect for home-use.

Well, I will have all 3 in my house - JP3 Prem, AFM and SWLE. I like them all for different reasons. I came so close to getting rid of the AFM and glad I didn't.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-i-decided-not-to-trade-my-original-afm

#2286 4 years ago

Congrats - I really like the Premium art work.

#2287 4 years ago

left side of that premium is PERFECT. damn that's nice. Right is only not b/c that damn jeep but that's why it will go against a wall on the right side.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Mines not here yet, might have to come play yours!

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

It's here[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Fall day.

#2290 4 years ago

I’m thinking it might be nice if there were call outs announcing what you get in a supply drop. Amber events get announced, and if not for that I wouldn’t know I got them. Supply drops get announced, but a lot of times I can’t look up at the screen to see what it was.

#2291 4 years ago

Shooter looks great.

6C07BCAE-1E9B-4446-AADC-E805F229BAAB (resized).jpeg6C07BCAE-1E9B-4446-AADC-E805F229BAAB (resized).jpeg2840890B-1836-40C7-9B0D-CAF74B25F387 (resized).jpeg2840890B-1836-40C7-9B0D-CAF74B25F387 (resized).jpeg
#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!

I thought LEs were sold out

#2293 4 years ago

Can someone help me understand the rules for progressing through the map?

I hit two white shots, then hit a bunch of rescue shots, and then sometimes I move onto another dinosaur, or sometimes I'm unsure what to shoot.

And this seems to get more confusing as o progress past the second dino.

Anyone?

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought LEs were sold out

LEs still available at Automated Services.

#2295 4 years ago

I hit two white shots, then hit a bunch of rescue shots, and then sometimes I move onto another dinosaur, or sometimes I'm unsure what to shoot.
Anyone?

White arrow shots spell out MAP (difficulty is user adjustable in the menu)

When MAP is fully lit, the advance paddock light lights up over the Trex ramp.

(Optional) Shoot the jeep to change direction. The direction of the jeep dictates the left or right paddock on the map that you'll go to next. The current destibation will blink.

Shoot the Trex ramp to advance to that blinking paddock. The paddock light will turn solid.

Capture the dinosaur and rescue staff, or fail to do it. Then you'll be able to advance again.

(Optional) The menu can set the starting paddock.

#2296 4 years ago

#2297 4 years ago

I normally despise custom shooter rods but that amber one is nice.

#2298 4 years ago

Anyone?

Great explanation by the man himself...

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Great explanation by the man himself...

Let's mark this as a key post!!

#2300 4 years ago

Anyone?

From the Tilt forums rulesheet:
“Playing Paddock Modes
Overview: Try to capture the dinosaur(s) in the Paddock, while also rescuing park staff. The sequence to capture the dinosaur is: rescue a certain number of staff -> set trap target(s) -> shoot Helipad (higher level paddocks) -> shoot the yellow capture arrow.”

Then repeat the MAP -> start Paddock sequence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mansfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
$ 130.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/46?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.