(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,271 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by ChrisBardon
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 426.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

... but before I add more speakers, I'm going to pull the audio clip from the code when the versions stabilize and maybe just edit that clip for some more depth in the low end of the roar.

Would like to hear what your results are. The main problem I see is that if you’re being audiophile nit-picky, your efforts on remastering or replacing the existing clip will be wasted on the existing speakers. There is more depth in many of my newer sterns that just doesn’t come through in the stock speakers but does when I add a sub. I don’t have my premium yet, but will soon I hope.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Would like to hear what your results are. The main problem I see is that if you’re being audiophile nit-picky, your efforts on remastering or replacing the existing clip will be wasted on the existing speakers. There is more depth in many of my newer sterns that just doesn’t come through in the stock speakers but does when I add a sub. I don’t have my premium yet, but will soon I hope.

I hear you I think you're right that a sub would add to the overall experience in a way that the existing system wouldn't (although I don't know what the real-world differences are in the LE vs premium sound). But based on the depth of the sound in the helicopter clip, I think there is more room in the existing system for the bass in the T-rex roar to be better "normalized".

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

I heard this many times in this thread so I picked up the 10” polk for $99 and pinsub dongle. I wasnt really that impressed although it could be because I have it in an open basement.

You try adjusting the low pass filter so it gets enough for a good rumble? I have ours in an open area and it definitely RWARs!

#2204 4 years ago

Still a noob I guess...

I put JP on location maybe a month ago or so. I have never had to update code on a newer Stern with the larger screen.

So, I saw that JP had a new code. I downloaded it and put it on my newly formatted USB stick and drove to the location. With the game off, I took out the backglass and put in the stick. Turned on the machine and after the Stern splash logo I get a message warning about the coin door being open cutting the 48v power supply. It won't let me push any button. What happens when I do just for a second I'll see my menu but then it goes back to the voltage screen.

It does say something about the interlock switch to restore power but I've never seen anything like this before in my 6 years. I power off the pin and take out the stick. Turn it back on and try to go to my menu and I get the same message and inability to do anything. Well, not 100% true...I did add some credits for the guy who was waiting on me. I could here the "cha-ching" sound of credits being added.

Any input is appreciated.

Darin

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Still a noob I guess...
I put JP on location maybe a month ago or so. I have never had to update code on a newer Stern with the larger screen.
So, I saw that JP had a new code. I downloaded it and put it on my newly formatted USB stick and drove to the location. With the game off, I took out the backglass and put in the stick. Turned on the machine and after the Stern splash logo I get a message warning about the coin door being open cutting the 48v power supply. It won't let me push any button. What happens when I do just for a second I'll see my menu but then it goes back to the voltage screen.
It does say something about the interlock switch to restore power but I've never seen anything like this before in my 6 years. I power off the pin and take out the stick. Turn it back on and try to go to my menu and I get the same message and inability to do anything. Well, not 100% true...I did add some credits for the guy who was waiting on me. I could here the "cha-ching" sound of credits being added.
Any input is appreciated.
Darin

Pretty decent instructions in the readme file for the download/USB portion. Instructions for using the USB on the machine are behind the back glass of the game.

I expect the issue is that you downloaded the file and put it on the USB ‘“as is”.
You have to open the folder so that you see two files. Copy those two files onto the USB and the pin should detect it, after you plug in the USB and turn the machine off.
Good luck!

#2206 4 years ago

How about a vibrating Mat to go with a roar?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Pretty decent instructions in the readme file for the download/USB portion. Instructions for using the USB on the machine are behind the back glass of the game.
I expect the issue is that you downloaded the file and put it on the USB ‘“as is”.
You have to open the folder so that you see two files. Copy those two files onto the USB and the pin should detect it, after you plug in the USB and turn the machine off.
Good luck!

Thanks! Any thoughts on being unable to use the menu even after power-cycling game with USB stick out?

Game still plays fine so there is not urgency really.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Truth be told, it’s far more likely that my wife will get there first and ruin it for me!

That sounds about right. Kids also. I have eight pins and my ten year old son has the grand champion on six. Bugs the crap out of me.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks! Any thoughts on being unable to use the menu even after power-cycling game with USB stick out?
Game still plays fine so there is not urgency really.

So if the coin door is open, there’s a little white switch in the bottom left corner. (The door pushes it in when it’s closed)
Pull on it. Should be fine after that?

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I hear you. Unfortunately you're missing functionality which you seem to ignore. Trex head moves - sure. It also eats the damn ball which is awesome. Raptor pit plays much differently too.
I see your point - pro is a damn good game but when you're already dropping 5500, I just can't see walking away from these great features (not just a moving head).

Actually, I didn't ignore either. I acknowledged that the Raptor pit gives the gameplay some difference. I also pointed out that the T-REX doesn't lock the balls, implying that it does eats them, but doesn't lock them serially. I just don't think it's cool enough of a mech to justify an $1,800 price difference. The plus side of having the Pro is being able to get rid of that dollar store T-REX head and replace it with a much better sculpt through mod makers. If Mezel's hints are true, it will even move!

I played the LE the other night. It's great! I'm sure every owner is very happy with the Premium/LE model. I just don't think this game is an example of the Premium/LE being a must have. There are many Stern Pro's that are too compromised, just not this one.

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, I didn't ignore either. I acknowledged that the Raptor pit gives the gameplay some difference. I also pointed out that the T-REX doesn't lock the balls, implying that it does eats them, but doesn't lock them serially. I just don't think it's cool enough of a mech to justify an $1,800 price difference. The plus side of having the Pro is being able to get rid of that dollar store T-REX head and replace it with a much better sculpt through mod makers. If Mezel's hints are true, it will even move!
I played the LE the other night. It's great! I'm sure every owner is very happy with the Premium/LE model. I just don't think this game is an example of the Premium/LE being a must have. There are many Stern Pro's that are too compromised, just not this one.

I completely agree w/ this simply because the pro is not lacking in anyway whatsoever. The fantastic layout & excellent rule-set is prevalent within each model. This is what matters as the pro does have the complete package in gameplay wow factor. In comparison each model is a replica, minus the toys/art on the pro. The JP3 pro is absolutely the best value in pinball, as my wife & I will use the $ saved to go towards a Golden Tee HE.

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I will use the $ saved to go towards a Golden Tee HE.

That's a great idea!
Or at least mod it to be nicer than a stock premium like I did with my STpro and still save a load of money!

#2213 4 years ago

Upper flipper post replacement, and new raptor one way gate. Straight from Stern, no charge. The raptor gate is definitely beefier than the original.

15716006406517567378216657610715 (resized).jpg15716006406517567378216657610715 (resized).jpg
#2214 4 years ago

Well, maybe not beefier, but stern says it's a different material, and it seems to be bent a bit different..

15716008185865467198947872572290 (resized).jpg15716008185865467198947872572290 (resized).jpg
#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well, maybe not beefier, but stern says it's a different material, and it seems to be bent a bit different.. [quoted image]

So it this a part we all need or was this changed at the factory?

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So it this a part we all need or was this changed at the factory?

I think it was changed at the factory. I think. Because he asked for my born on date.

#2217 4 years ago

So I got off my fat behind and set it up . I’m glad I did this is an amazing looking machine so far . First time I did the slide the machine out of the box on the ground technique worked out great

3AA0FE26-9BD1-4247-A7A6-CF3CA4FB635D (resized).jpeg3AA0FE26-9BD1-4247-A7A6-CF3CA4FB635D (resized).jpeg62EB6284-4FDA-48CB-B234-2CFF7A1E9E3B (resized).jpeg62EB6284-4FDA-48CB-B234-2CFF7A1E9E3B (resized).jpeg
#2218 4 years ago

Man awesome game ! Glad I didn’t sell it . Lots going on great visuals and sound effects great job stern. Out of box perfect except power cable a little twitchy moving it just a bit makes power go out

#2219 4 years ago

Made the billion point club as well. The code is awesome. Love this game and Keith Elwin designs are so much fun. Also had an interesting place for a ball to stick.
8461D586-B457-48ED-B650-CE9259877649 (resized).jpeg8461D586-B457-48ED-B650-CE9259877649 (resized).jpeg63AD3352-A086-4AB6-B798-B0C3ADC4FEB0 (resized).jpeg63AD3352-A086-4AB6-B798-B0C3ADC4FEB0 (resized).jpeg

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Made the billion point club as well. The code is awesome. Love this game and Keith Elwin designs are so much fun. Also had an interesting place for a ball to stick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the truck ate some bad ball bearings

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like the truck ate some bad ball bearings

Truck Nutz have done next level.

#2222 4 years ago

Going to be unboxing a Pro tomorrow. Not sure the born on date yet. Is there a to-do list out there for new games yet? Extra washers under posts, check for the new style gate?

#2223 4 years ago

I'm going to need a close up picture of someone's raptor one way gate for this install. Theres a flat metal "flap" that hangs down. Not sure if the gate goes in front or behind the flap. Any help is much appreciated.

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to us last night. I originally thought that this ball placement under the jeep was 1 in a 100,000 but possibly not. This improbable shot should be added in the next code update as a successful shot should award the player $1000 off their next NIB purchase. This would also be considered the hardest shot in pinball ~ Hands down!

#2225 4 years ago

I'm going to need a close up picture of someone's raptor one way gate for this install. Theres a flat metal "flap" that hangs down. Not sure if the gate goes in front or behind the flap. Any help is much appreciated.

From a playing position, The metal flap goes on the north side of the gate. It is there to push the roll through gate back down. The curved side of the gate goes on the right.

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

[quoted image]

ok... let's admit... you've found the sneak in / secret lock for the TRU(N)CK MULTIBALL (which is indeed still not coded)

#2227 4 years ago

This official stern jurassic park shooter rod is already sold out?

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

This official stern jurassic park shooter rod is already sold out?

14F0E818-B54D-4D6E-9A19-4C7CFE321F66 (resized).jpeg14F0E818-B54D-4D6E-9A19-4C7CFE321F66 (resized).jpeg
#2229 4 years ago

I can’t find the link to the amber knobs or paper weights someone mentioned a while back so we could make some our selfs,I remember they came in three different sizes

#2230 4 years ago

Amber rods are in stock, was a little glitch. Order away.

#2231 4 years ago

Premium is shipping today, can't wait until Thursday.

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Amber rods are in stock, was a little glitch. Order away.

Still showing sold out when you go to checkout.

#2233 4 years ago

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Wow....they must be blowing these out. I just ordered a little while ago.

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

So jealous, I’d love for my Premium to arrive before the weekend.

#2236 4 years ago

Try deleting your internet cache or history. It worked fine for me.

#2237 4 years ago

Yup, they're not in stock according to check out... have a feeling this is going to be one of those items they won't be able to keep in stock.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Yup, they're not in stock according to check out... have a feeling this is going to be one of those items they won't be able to keep in stock.

Wow, I stand corrected. They must have sold out again. Sorry for that. I literally placed the order minutes before posting that it was available again. I just checked again now and it's saying sold out.

I just checked my email, and I did get a confirmation that the order I placed about an hour ago was processed and is being ready to be shipped. So maybe it'll be back again soon.

#2239 4 years ago

Haha, no worries. They must be selling like hot cakes! I'll get one eventually.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Wow i may need a new distro

Pre-ordered day of announcement, paid in full 1 month ago. Nothing.

Excited to see your unboxing!

#2241 4 years ago

Once the initial rush passes, they'll have plenty of shooter rods. That's how it goes with hot ticket items.

#2242 4 years ago

I posted this in the LE forum, but I wanted everyone to have a chance to bask in the glory that is the Ultra Limited Stryper Edition JP. Enjoy

Screenshot_20191021-194816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191021-194816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191021-194732_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191021-194732_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2243 4 years ago

I posted this in the LE forum, but I wanted everyone to have a chance to bask in the glory that is the Ultra Limited Stryper Edition JP. Enjoy[quoted image][quoted image]

I stood in front of that game at expo this weekend and that stripe paint job is just too much

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I stood in front of that game at expo this weekend and that stripe paint job is just too much

I like just the lock down bar. All the other stuff not too much...

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I like just the lock down bar. All the other stuff not too much...

Yeah kind of a nice effort poor execution situation. I like what they were trying to do, just don’t like how they did it. I think it’s too loud on the eyes and draws the eye away from the playfield too much. Shame too because that cost some bank to do.

#2246 4 years ago

I think it's the width of the stripes that make it fail. Fewer, wider stripes might not have looked so bad. As it sits now, it looks like someone wrapped electricians tape around every damn inch of the armor.

#2247 4 years ago

Police tape...lol

#2248 4 years ago

I can smoothly post transfer from left to right, but the right flipper just doesn't pass it regardless of how gentle or hard I press.

Any suggestions?

#2249 4 years ago

I can smoothly post transfer from left to right, but the right flipper just doesn't pass it regardless of how gentle or hard I press.
Any suggestions?

I've read of some others having similar issues. Mine passes either way pretty reliably. Maybe flipper angle adjustments? Just guessing.

#2250 4 years ago

Barbasol can mod finished. Filing orders in November

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 21,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/45?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.