(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,285 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 426.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Yes, but it's still slowly indenting the lane.
Also, can anyone with an LE confirm if I'm missing a bolt and nut on the helicopter blade?[quoted image]

Looks like mine. I think it's supposed to create an uneven weight.

#2102 4 years ago

Are the helicopter blades just a rotating toy, or is there something more to them?

Rob

#2103 4 years ago

Also, can anyone with an LE confirm if I'm missing a bolt and nut on the helicopter blade?[quoted image]

Just a guess that you are not and it is weighted to always return to the same position.

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Looks like mine. I think it's supposed to create an uneven weight.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just a guess that you are not and it is weighted to always return to the same position.

I think it might be missing a nut, because I found one in the box after I took the game out!

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What is the build date of your machine? Mine is 8/15 and it's holding up, maybe mine is the updated one.

Mine is 8/14.

My machine started acting up yesterday. During a game the screen and lights on the pf froze. After a min the lights turned off. I rebooted the machine. It started up fine but the same thing happened again after a minute or two. When I try to start the machine now, I get nothing except a few red lights on the cpu board (the one behind the translite); 4.8v, 3.3v, 5v and 12v + u5. Already contacted my distributor. Anyone got an idea what could be wrong?

#2106 4 years ago

No, it's a ballast so that the blades always stop in the same position. Nothing is missing.

#2107 4 years ago

I think it might be missing a nut, because I found one in the box after I took the game out!

No, it's a ballast so that the blades always stop in the same position. Nothing is missing, all LE are like that.

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How do you start raptor mb on the pro now?

Did the raptor mb change on this new update?

I can’t get any progress made since the update.

#2109 4 years ago

I played an LE last night and really enjoyed this game. One question, where is the ball supposed to go after hitting the edge of the post coming out of that inner orbit at the upper flipper? The one I was playing was going straight to the left outlane quite often. I was thinking possibly the upper flipper was set a little too far to the right?

#2110 4 years ago

When I start raptor MB, the ball in the cage get caught up on the lip of the opening. Is this intentionally done? I usually just shoot at the ball to release it.

#2111 4 years ago

When I start raptor MB, the ball in the cage get caught up on the lip of the opening. Is this intentionally done? I usually just shoot at the ball to release it.

Yeah, that doesnt happen on mine.
Trap the ball behond the post, then the gate raises and the ball is freed. Then once you take down the fence, the gate drops and the ball should come out, on its own.
I expect your gate is either not dropping low enough, or the machine isn't levelled and somethings messing it up somehow.
Not sure how to adjust the gate height.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, that doesnt happen on mine.
Trap the ball behond the post, then the gate raises and the ball is freed. Then once you take down the fence, the gate drops and the ball should come out, on its own.
I expect your gate is either not dropping low enough, or the machine isn't levelled and somethings messing it up somehow.
Not sure how to adjust the gate height.

I had to lower mine, there are 2 screws under the gate under the playfield

#2113 4 years ago

So why should I get a LE over pro again?

#2114 4 years ago

You are NOT missing a bolt and nut. It is only supposed to be one and yours is right where is belongs. It provides weight to the blades will.typically stop spinning in a certain position.

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Did the raptor mb change on this new update?
I can’t get any progress made since the update.

Figured it out...
I had wrong code

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So why should I get a LE over pro again?

Probably for the same reasons some appreciate an interactive castle mech on MM.
JP is a good game either way.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Probably for the same reasons some appreciate an interactive castle mech on MM.
JP is a good game either way.

Premium over pro - prob one of the best examples of why it's worth it. LE up to you if you see the value.

#2118 4 years ago

I'd still rather buy a HUO Pro and mod it out for the money.

#2119 4 years ago

Is there anything in the code yet for when you get to the visitor center?

#2120 4 years ago

Joined the club today with LE #128! RAWR!!!

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I played an LE last night and really enjoyed this game. One question, where is the ball supposed to go after hitting the edge of the post coming out of that inner orbit at the upper flipper? The one I was playing was going straight to the left outlane quite often. I was thinking possibly the upper flipper was set a little too far to the right?

Yeah, it shouldn't drain straight down the left for sure. Mine bounces into the left sling every time if I dont flip it.

#2122 4 years ago

I purchased a JP3 Pro at the York Show this weekend & couldn't be happier. My wife & I stayed up all night & played this phenomenal machine! With the .90 code the light show, rule set & LCD presentation are truly incredible. The unique playfield layout is a masterpiece of design w/ ball trajectory path flow. The lastability factor makes this title perfect for home use. Great job Stern/Keith Elwin!

Anyhow, I have a few question.>>>

Are there art blades available? I saw one at the show, but held off w/ preference of more variety.

Does anyone feel it's necessary to protect the playfield where the ball jumps out of the right ramp? Just curious if this might be a concern.

As I am just beginning to understanding this very exceptional/amazing rule set, I'm not sure what is the best approach in regards to the modes. What seems to be the best strategy to completing all the different objectives?

It's great to be a part of this post & I'll respond back. Now off to install a shaker motor.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I purchased a JP3 Pro at the York Show this weekend & couldn't be happier. My wife & I stayed up all night & played this phenomenal machine! With the .90 code the light show, rule set & LCD presentation are truly incredible. The unique playfield layout is a masterpiece of design w/ ball trajectory path flow. The lastability factor makes this title perfect for home use. Great job Stern/Keith Elwin!
Anyhow, I have a few question.>>>
Are there art blades available? I saw one at the show, but held off w/ preference of more variety.
Does anyone feel it's necessary to protect the playfield where the ball jumps out of the right ramp? Just curious if this might be a concern.
As I am just beginning to understanding this very exceptional/amazing rule set, I'm not sure what is the best approach in regards to the modes. What seems to be the best strategy to completing all the different objectives?
It's great to be a part of this post & I'll respond back. Now off to install a shaker motor.

Congrats on your new game! This last update was awesome for added lightshows, animations, and some new sounds/callouts! I can’t wait to see what else is heading our way in the coming months.

#2124 4 years ago

Hello,
the right boom (helicopter) is difficult, even by correctly tapping the ball, whether with the launcher or the left beater.
Does anyone have a solution?
thank you
seb

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
the right boom (helicopter) is difficult, even by correctly tapping the ball, whether with the launcher or the left beater.
Does anyone have a solution?
thank you
seb

Probably it’s 2 separate issues. For the flipper, try reducing the flipper power setting.

There are several possible things to adjust for the auto launcher. First thing I’d check on the launcher is if the both sides of the fork are touching the ball when it’s sitting in the shooting lane. If only one side is touching, it could cause the ball to be a bit off line going to the ramp.

#2126 4 years ago

I posted this picture long ago. I finally ordered this helicopter scale model. Yeah, it isnt true to the original movie, but it does kind of mimic the jeep toy colors, and the scale should be close to correct. My plan is to remove the lame stationary chopper blades on my Pro and see how this looks in its place.

20191014_135330 (resized).jpg20191014_135330 (resized).jpg
#2127 4 years ago

If anyone is having any trouble with either plunger (manual or autolauncher) not completing the horseshoe ramp, there's a simple fix.
You need to raise the left fork of the ramp slightly, forcing the ball to the right side of the lane.
We did this today at my buddy's place and had 100% accuracy thereafter, and I've just done the same for mine.
(Mine was near perfect but occasionally, the ball would dribble back down the ramp and hit the top of the right sling.)
We just undid both screws, lifted the fork slightly, then placed a small nut under the left side. The screw on the left side fed through the nut and back into the playfield. When you're standing above, looking straight down, it's barely noticeable so I took a photo much closer to playfield level. (It really looks exaggerated in the photo.)

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#2128 4 years ago

Have any owners installed new green or orange replacement rubbers on your JP? (ie: Titans).
Would be interested in seeing a pic as thinking of installing a set.
Thanks!

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Have any owners installed new green or orange replacement rubbers on your JP? (ie: Titans).
Thanks!

+1 for the Orange ones

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks!

Can never go wrong with the Clears, as they help GI lighting brighten up the playfield and blend perfectly

#2131 4 years ago

Has anyone found a setting for the Paddocks to make them Random instead of being linear from South to North & controlled by hitting the Truck? I really love this game, but I can tell that playing the same two starting paddocks every time is going to get old. Similar issue that RoadShow had, always going from East to West Coast.

#2132 4 years ago

@peanuts: Did you install a set of orange pf rubbers?
Clear is a good option as well but leaning towards a the green or orange to complement the pf art.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

peanuts: Did you install a set of orange pf rubbers?
Clear is a good option as well but leaning towards a the green or orange to complement the pf art.

No, I haven't install that, but I would like to see one. I'd like to go with orange Super Bands for the flippers and the posts, and clear for the rest.

#2134 4 years ago

Here is orange from PBL It is a bit bright compared to the earth tones in the game, but blends fine when the game is on.

20191014_135438 (resized).jpg20191014_135438 (resized).jpg20191014_134718 (resized).jpg20191014_134718 (resized).jpg
#2135 4 years ago

@Aquapin, thanks for posting- I think either orange or green will both look good.

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Has anyone found a setting for the Paddocks to make them Random

There is to setting to change this. The paddocks being random simply wouldnt work. The later paddocks are harder, more valuable and give much better perks.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks!

I installed clear rings, with green post sleeves and green flippers. I love it.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I installed clear rings, with green post sleeves and green flippers. I love it.

You should post a playfield pic of it! Your other pics showing the armor are great but can't see the playfield very well.

#2139 4 years ago
15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg15710955836258381530848738616066 (resized).jpg15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg15710956728905267595332833780067 (resized).jpg15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg15710956230783103893975899486259 (resized).jpg15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg15710956442566931538554539045655 (resized).jpg
#2140 4 years ago

That was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks great too!

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That was fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I was already taking pics....lol. Trying to help out where I can.
15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg15710958159767743544006814181020 (resized).jpg

#2142 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great...I got the same Art Blades also, just waiting on the Premium to get here

#2143 4 years ago

Just paid the balance on my premium, hopefully next week.

#2144 4 years ago

Where is the extra ball target? When I was playing I got an "extra ball is lit". I looked all over but didn't see a lit insert. I did get the extra ball but not sure how I did it.

#2145 4 years ago

Scribbles do you have a side rail lighting mod on , in ur pic ?

Or is that stock ?

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Where is the extra ball target? When I was playing I got an "extra ball is lit". I looked all over but didn't see a lit insert. I did get the extra ball but not sure how I did it.

Upper right "A" ramp. There is no insert, but the sign above it has an orange Extra Ball LED.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Upper right "A" ramp. There is no insert, but the sign above it has an orange Extra Ball LED

Ok - I see it now. Thanks

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Scribbles do you have a side rail lighting mod on , in ur pic ?
Or is that stock ?

Yes, that's pinstadiums. Lots of folks hate em, but I like them. The dots aren't apparent to me while I'm playing, and I need the extra lighting.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Right ramp. It took me a while, too. The light is on the sign over the ramp.

#2150 4 years ago

Yes, that's pinstadiums. Lots of folks hate em, but I like them. The dots aren't apparent to me while I'm playing, and I need the extra lighting.

Can you turn off the dots, or is that not customizable?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/43?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.