(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,750 posts
  • 1,426 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 777 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240711_142951357 (resized).jpg
IMG_4089 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0812 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3484 (resized).png
cntr (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5082 (resized).jpg
IMG_5081 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8774 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 435.
#21601 26 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Does anyone know if the speaker system in the 30th is an upgrade over the LE? The present it as an upgrade in the 30th description, but not the LE. Maybe that's a difference besides the art?

The first LE batch also has upgraded audio:
Upgraded high definition speaker system with 3-channel amplifier

Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdfJurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf
#21602 26 days ago

For those that did powder coat on your Premium - what did you go with and please share pics.

I got vetoed by the wife on the green that Steve does so I am back to the drawing board

#21603 26 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

For those that did powder coat on your Premium - what did you go with and please share pics.
I got vetoed by the wife on the green that Steve does so I am back to the drawing board

Second this as I am taking to powder coaters this week. I have a dark green in mind like this cup and want some effect suggestions…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#21604 26 days ago

HELP!!!!

My trex states to have issues over the weekend. It help the ball last night and wouldn’t move correctly.

I went to open the jaw and removed ball and this screw fell out. Yesterday I attempted to lower jaw from suggestions from this thread to barely touch ramp. Now this!

Can someone direct me or suggest what to do? Should I just take whole assembly out? This is an April 2021 build

Update. Took assembly out and the screw appeared to be missing from the jaw mech bracket into coil sleeve mechanism.

Now before I put assembly back (hopefully correctly) should I do any other maintenance?? I did notice the head will get stuck moving side to side. I was hoping it’s just the motor not operating or a sign of a bigger problem.

Thank you in advance. Wish I had a better painted head too

IMG_5386 (resized).jpegIMG_5386 (resized).jpeg
#21605 26 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The first LE batch also has upgraded audio:
Upgraded high definition speaker system with 3-channel amplifier[quoted image]

Thank you. Has any one played both the premium/pro and one of these LEs and noticed the difference? I have an opportunity to buy a 30th, love the art package and theme, but want to weigh the pros and cons vs. a premium. TIA.

#21606 26 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Thank you. Has any one played both the premium/pro and one of these LEs and noticed the difference? I have an opportunity to buy a 30th, love the art package and theme, but want to weigh the pros and cons vs. a premium. TIA.

I love everything about the 30th but the price its why my deal is for a Premium (which I like the art for that as well)

#21607 26 days ago

launch ball miss skill shot no ball control at all drain repeat play again;

maybe i should set to 10 shots or just git gud;

the ramps are both very tricky hell every shot is hard

definetliy makes you a better player why ill never get rid of it and keep grinding high score so far 1/2 billion

#21608 26 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Does anyone know if the speaker system in the 30th is an upgrade over the LE? The present it as an upgrade in the 30th description, but not the LE. Maybe that's a difference besides the art?

The 30th uses the same speakers as all spike 2 LEs. The Kenwoods in the backbox and Goldwood cabinet speaker. They are better than the stock stern speaker but still far from “great”. The Kickers or Alpines or JBL sub a lot of people put in their games are a lot better. I doubt there is anything different in the audio system of the 30th vs the LE.

#21609 26 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

launch ball miss skill shot no ball control at all drain repeat play again;
maybe i should set to 10 shots or just git gud;
the ramps are both very tricky hell every shot is hard
definetliy makes you a better player why ill never get rid of it and keep grinding high score so far 1/2 billion

I generally don’t even go for that skill shot sequence most of the time. It’s fun when you hit it but in the grand scheme of things I’d rather just hit the C shot to start and get things going. The start of this game is a grind so I try to plow through it pretty quickly to get to the better parts.

Even after owning the game for almost a year, that right ramp is still a tough shot and the game can still be brutal. I’ve made it through the end, but not many times.

#21610 26 days ago

Does anyone sell a Premium L Head Decal ?

I check the local sources and came up empty

Thanks

#21611 25 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Green for the win!
Very happy with the results
**Please don't share these pics with Kaneda /s **
Edit: Premium w/Pro Translite
Screenshot_20240618_191742_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240618_191742_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240618_191817_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240618_191817_Gallery (resized).jpg

#21612 25 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Green for the win!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I want green but got axed on that sadly.

I like your dinos on the topper. It needs jazzing up for sure.

#21613 25 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Green for the win!

Quoted from GCS2000:

I want green but got axed on that sadly.
I like your dinos on the topper. It needs jazzing up for sure.

Full disclosure: a local Pinsider was selling his green armor on Craigslist for what I would deem an exceptional value and thus you see what you see today.

I seriously considered something similar to this. And before all the naysayers jump in here, if it were time to sell it, it's like 300 bucks back to stock.
I would totally own this:

Just saying

#21614 25 days ago

So I play a lot of co-op with the family, figured out how to start a new game immediately in co-op by making co-op the default mode. What I am wondering is, is there a way for co-op to not have every player repeat wizard modes? I didn't notice the option but I could be blind.

#21615 25 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Full disclosure: a local Pinsider was selling his green armor on Craigslist for what I would deem an exceptional value and thus you see what you see today.
I seriously considered something similar to this. And before all the naysayers jump in here, if it were time to sell it, it's like 300 bucks back to stock.
I would totally own this:

Just saying

I have a GB done by them and it’s gorgeous and I love it BUT one side rail has not held up well and paint is chipping off. I am super careful with the playfield but it’s happening. And I just got the game a week ago. I love the look but wouldn’t want others unless I never planned to touch it.

It’s also hella expensive. Disclaimer I did not have this work done the previous owner did. The paint work is also one of the reasons I bought this particular GB.

IMG_9154 (resized).jpegIMG_9154 (resized).jpegIMG_9155 (resized).jpegIMG_9155 (resized).jpeg

#21616 25 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I appreciate anyone willing to speak out and go against the grain. What do you recommend?

I still stick by an external powered sub being the best option. I have 10 PSW10's that I got off of Amazon at $79-$99 ea and that've been rocking for coming up on 20 years. They all stay while the pins come and go and I've never had to buy more or hassle with removing subwoofer mods before I sell a pin.

#21617 25 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

So I play a lot of co-op with the family, figured out how to start a new game immediately in co-op by making co-op the default mode. What I am wondering is, is there a way for co-op to not have every player repeat wizard modes? I didn't notice the option but I could be blind.

Are you talking about Escape from Nublar?

#21618 25 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

No, it was done that way to differentiate from Dwight's co-op modes where if you win at musical chairs you're rewarded. I prefer this as you don't get the achievements for it regardless. I still don't sign in on it cuz it will count as a high score.

#21619 25 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

Are you talking about Escape from Nublar?

I think I mean every wizard mode. I don't have much interest in skipping to Nublar.

Quoted from MacGruber:

No, it was done that way to differentiate from Dwight's co-op modes where if you win at musical chairs you're rewarded. I prefer this as you don't get the achievements for it regardless. I still don't sign in on it cuz it will count as a high score.

Ok that's what I figured. I guess you don't have to immediately start the wizard mode but hard to avoid going up the t-Rex ramp.

Btw any idea what would happen if you qualified the trex wizard mode or control room ones after the visitors center? Maybe the trex one would be impossible to qualify. But would control center take precedent.

#21620 25 days ago

So, I was able to fix my Trex jaw and installed the screw which came out.

I reinstalled the whole assembly and tested it. I had to adjust the middle bias some... I believe -4. When I had it out of game, the dead centering of the head would have the switch pressed in and centered, so I assume zero bias would be the same. guess not...maybe due to ramp at an angle.

My current issue is when I do vertical test, it keeps hitting right edge of ramp. Another issue is when I do the horizontal test and press the enter button to make it violently thrash, the head appears to become stuck towards middle right. I hear clicks as if there is a motor issue

Any ideas what the underlying issues are???

#21621 24 days ago

who has the best raptor tower mod - mezel, dystopic or someone else?

#21622 24 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

who has the best raptor tower mod - mezel, dystopic or someone else?

If stumblor wanted to he could take the cake in his sleep

#21623 24 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Second this as I am taking to powder coaters this week. I have a dark green in mind like this cup and want some effect suggestions…
[quoted image]

IMG_6956 (resized).jpegIMG_6956 (resized).jpeg
#21624 24 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

If stumblor wanted to he could take the cake in his sleep

I wish he would do some mods for this game. I would be more broke then I already am

#21625 24 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Every single version of JP is fantastic. You can’t go wrong and are buying at the right time so I wouldn’t worry.

#21626 24 days ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

[quoted image]

That’s the nicest looking powder I’ve seen.

#21627 24 days ago

For Sale

Alternative Translight for JP used briefly then went into a box

Please see pictures

This was 89.00 plus shipping

I would take 75.00 Shipped
Payment PayPal F&F

Message with interest

IMG_6150 (resized).jpegIMG_6150 (resized).jpegIMG_6151 (resized).jpegIMG_6151 (resized).jpegIMG_6152 (resized).jpegIMG_6152 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6091 (resized).jpegIMG_6091 (resized).jpeg
#21628 24 days ago

Any tips for newbies this game is absolutely destroying me. My average course is 30 million every game. I’m thinking of putting it up on 10 balls.

#21629 24 days ago

4 player co op mode to see more of the game won’t help the score though

#21630 24 days ago

My high is half a billion

#21631 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Any tips for newbies this game is absolutely destroying me. My average course is 30 million every game. I’m thinking of putting it up on 10 balls.

Do some adjustments. Lower the outlane posts, lower the sling power (settings menu), make slings less sensitive (switch adjustment). Those should make a big difference.

#21632 24 days ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

[quoted image]

I like it. Gonna go a bit darker to match my cup color . Wondering if I should add some yellowish red sparkling or brown to mimic dinosaur skins visualization

#21633 23 days ago

Here it is our final version of the replacement card to retrieve sound and point with our Agusta 109 mod for the Premium/LE machine

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only/page/2#post-8230601

39B13F3C-C858-4A6C-A4D8-57BB7B58EF0A (resized).jpeg39B13F3C-C858-4A6C-A4D8-57BB7B58EF0A (resized).jpeg
#21634 21 days ago

Added a fitting backdrop to my machine today.

PXL_20240623_233517341.jpgPXL_20240623_233517341.jpgPXL_20240623_221851981.jpgPXL_20240623_221851981.jpg
#21636 21 days ago
Quoted from TORQUENDB:

That is so f’ing sick.

#21637 20 days ago
Quoted from TORQUENDB:

I see a new mod type coming: PinWalls

#21638 20 days ago
Quoted from TORQUENDB:

How?! That paint job looks SPOT ON!

#21639 20 days ago
Quoted from StupidJackpot:

How?! That paint job looks SPOT ON!

probably a giant decal

#21640 20 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

probably a giant decal

This. I took a screenshot from the 4K Blu Ray and combined it with the same frame from an open matte film scan to get as much vertical picture as possible, plus did color correction to make them match as much as possible. Then did some math to figure out the cropping I needed to make the gate higher than the pinball topper, and paid someone on Etsy to print it. Fortunately it's in 4 pieces, though it was still annoying to align 11 foot tall pieces.

#21641 19 days ago

that's awesome, way more impact than a topper.

Can someone point me to the discussion of how to fix a poorly spinning jeep?

#21642 19 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

In all likelihood it’s the bearings in the Jeep wearing out. I had the exact same issue. For $9 on Amazon you’ll get all the bearings you’ll ever need, and it’s a very quick fix.

https://a.co/d/01M57ZUs

Good luck!

#21643 19 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I prefer these, if you can get them:

https://www.amazon.com/HiPicco-Bearings-F7-13M-Miniature-Direction/dp/B0BXY65ZK1

Ships by Amazon. The 15mm of the "7mm x 15mm x 5mm" measurement is the total diameter, which is a little more than the 13mm. The extra diameter covers the gap in the playfield cutout for the Jeep post better than the 13mm, which leaves it a little exposed. It's just aesthetics, but can matter to some.

#21644 19 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I got and used one of these: https://a.co/d/08H26Fe9

I also squished in an extra rubber (for a total of 5) to make sure the newton ball attached to the jeep does not sag and drag on the playfield. For some reason, only part of the newton ball shaft is threaded (not enough of it) so you can only tighten the nut so much, which was causing the sagging and dragging for me.

#21645 19 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

I got and used one of these: https://a.co/d/08H26Fe9
I also squished in an extra rubber (for a total of 5) to make sure the newton ball attached to the jeep does not sag and drag on the playfield. For some reason, only part of the newton ball shaft is threaded (not enough of it) so you can only tighten the nut so much, which was causing the sagging and dragging for me.

Can confirm these work great. Again, 13mm versus 15mm can be worth considering.

Here's a Titan kit that lists the x5 3/16" ID rubbers for the Jeep to help address what sllerts is referring to:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3660 (Pre/LE)

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3662 (Pro)

#21646 19 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I used silicone lubricant and it fixed it for now.

https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80070-Silicone-Lubricant-Aerosol/dp/B000HBM5S2/ref=sr_1_7

#21648 19 days ago

I need some help here guys. I’m getting about 50% T-Rex rejects when I shoot up the ramp it’ll go all the way up and then all the way down like half of the time.

Any idea what’s going on here? Has anyone had this happen before I just cleaned my playfield, but it was happening before that too.

#21649 19 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:I need some help here guys. I’m getting about 50% T-Rex rejects when I shoot up the ramp it’ll go all the way up and then all the way down like half of the time.
Any idea what’s going on here? Has anyone had this happen before I just cleaned my playfield, but it was happening before that too.

How's flipper strength? Coil stop? Catching air before it goes up? Any burrs or ridges?

#21650 19 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

How's flipper strength? Coil stop? Catching air before it goes up? Any burrs or ridges?

Flipper strength good maybe too high

Coil stops good changed them recently

Don’t see any burs or ridges as it’s a a plastic ramp

Maybe the flipper strength is too high ,

I’m guessing because I just cleaned it it’s super fast and it’s just going up and. Back down lowered right flipper power to 230

It’s a hard shot for me none the less I hate when I actually hit it and it goes all the way up and down

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wake Forest, NC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Peachtree City, GA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,397 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,750 posts in this topic. You are on page 433 of 435.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.