(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,770 posts
  • 1,427 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by SpiralOut
  • Topic is favorited by 784 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic (resized).jpg
20240717_060606 (resized).jpg
20240717_060522 (resized).jpg
IMG_1155_edited (resized).jpeg
IMG_1152_edited (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240711_142951357 (resized).jpg
IMG_4089 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0812 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3484 (resized).png
cntr (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 436.
#21551 51 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

Well, I had it at 6.5, but the auto launcher was regularly not able to make the helipad 180 ramp, and missed shots to the helipad were going SDTM instead of hitting the rubber and bouncing to the left flipper, so I lowered the incline a bit, which has made the game much more fun to play. I can live with gently nudging the jeep to get it to come down vs. the problems I was having previously at 6.5.

Do you have it at 6.0 now?

#21552 51 days ago

what does hitting the set trap targets do when they are blinking blue but capture is not lit? is kinda an auto trap when trap is ready?

#21553 51 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

set trap targets do when they are blinking blue

Shoot the flashing blue targets to light the Supply Drop target for a mystery award. If Super Supply Drop is lit, that award takes priority. Collecting either type of Supply Drop lights the “Light 2x Scoring” standup to enable double scoring for 45 seconds.

(from the tilt forum JP rule sheet)

#21554 51 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Do you have it at 6.0 now?

I think it's between 6 and 6.5 at this point.

#21555 51 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Shoot the flashing blue targets to light the Supply Drop target for a mystery award. If Super Supply Drop is lit, that award takes priority. Collecting either type of Supply Drop lights the “Light 2x Scoring” standup to enable double scoring for 45 seconds.
(from the tilt forum JP rule sheet)

thank you very much do both have to be hit to get mystery? many thanks

#21556 49 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

I think it's between 6 and 6.5 at this point.

Isn’t it super floaty for you that shallow?

#21557 49 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Isn’t it super floaty for you that shallow?

Not at all. Feels the same as before but now everything is working correctly.

#21558 49 days ago
Quoted from sllerts:

Well, as a followup, I replaced the bearings with the F17-13M recommended previously. Even before I installed, just holding the Amazon bearings in my fingers, I could feel the balls rolling. With the Stern bearings, they were not spinning between my fingers, so the replacement was definitely needed. I did not add any lubricant.
My set screw was in extremely (scarily) tight, but using a flipper spacer, I was able to tighten it again with a small space between the bushing and the metal opto blocker, so I didn't need to do any grinding even though there does seem to be a slight indent on the rod. The opto blocker is *very* close to the bottom of the opto switches, but it does appear to clear them.
Performance-wise, the truck is now spinning quite well as promised! It still does seem to get slightly hung up when the Newton ball happens to end up perfectly vertically, but a little nudge brings it back down.
Thanks for all the help everybody!

More follow up. After a short time playing, the truck was having issues again. It turned out that the Newton ball was dragging on the playfield even though I had the lock nut tightened as much as it will go. To fix I added an extra rubber on the Newton ball and replaced the lock nut in the process. Between this and the new bearings, now it’s spinning perfectly!

IMG_2237 (resized).jpegIMG_2237 (resized).jpeg
#21559 48 days ago

This was poetic.

#21560 48 days ago

When my trex catches the balls and it starts to swing his head if often looses the ball too fast (not holding untill trex trex multiball intro is done /not dropping it into the ramp in a trex encouter erc..)

Is this a possible cable break for the magnet?
Game has 65 games so quite new.

I tested the magnet in coil test and in every position i put the trex the coil test worked.
It always catches the ball.

Anythinh else i should or could check?

#21561 48 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Best guess is the coil wire is loose or half broken but it seems you tested that. Another way to test it is connect a meter at the other end of the magnet wires. You should see some coil resistance like 20 ohms for example, and then move the head around and knock on it, etc and see if the resistance ever changes. (I have not messed with the magnet coil wires before so I'm not sure if there is a good place to connect to them but take a look and make sure the connector is tight also.)

#21562 48 days ago

When my trex catches the balls and it starts to swing his head if often looses the ball too fast (not holding untill trex trex multiball intro is done /not dropping it into the ramp in a trex encouter erc..)
Game has 65 games so quite new.
I tested the magnet in coil test and in every position i put the trex the coil test worked.
It always catches the ball.
Anythinh else i should or could check?

Make sure the jaw is closing when it should. Check out post #9090.

#21563 47 days ago

Hi everyone - I made a new mod for JP that I hope you'll consider... I couldn't read the 4 billboard signs, so I made new ones. Here is 1 photo of the mod and a link to the topic I created so as to not clutter up this club.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-sign-covers#post-8209291

Thanks for looking!

JP Sign side by side (resized).pngJP Sign side by side (resized).png
#21564 46 days ago

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that our miniboard is ready to ship for the Premium/LE machine to add the noise/sound feature with our Agusta A109 Helicopter mod .
You can see here all the explanation :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/agusta-a109-helicopter-for-jp-pre-order-list-pro-only/page/2#post-8210527

Enjoy !

IMG_3038 (resized).JPGIMG_3038 (resized).JPG
#21565 45 days ago
Quoted from Freebird:

Make sure the jaw is closing when it should. Check out post #9090.

I can't seem any relevant info in post 9090 but the jaw is binding inside the molding. While playing with it I had it going a bit better but it still stucks. The correct catch and hold and swing behaviour was then done by the machine.

Do i remove some of the interior molding or how have other people solved this?

#21566 45 days ago

If you are interested in the mods I created for this fantastic pinball machine, you can purchase them by contacting me via the website www.dystopicpinball.com

Fast shipping to US, Europe and Canada

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information or prices.
Thank you!
DP

jp (resized).pngjp (resized).png
#21567 45 days ago

I can't seem any relevant info in post 9090 but the jaw is binding inside the molding. While playing with it I had it going a bit better but it still stucks. The correct catch and hold and swing behaviour was then done by the machine.
Do i remove some of the interior molding or how have other people solved this?

When I reinstalled mine the T Rex originally looked a bit 'derpy' because his jaw wouldn't close fully and it looked like his tongue was sticking out. The fix for me was holding the jaw away from the rest of the head while tightening the small black screws on the bottom. The screw hole sizes allow for a bit of play in the alignment.

#21569 43 days ago

I think why WiFi adapter might be bad. The machine keeps saying it’s offline. I tried resetting the USB adapter and it seems to connect momentarily to my network but then shows the network with a /0 after. If I replace the little star tech adapter, does it need to be a 2.4Ghz one or will a 5Ghz work as well? Or do I need a specific one?

Added 34 days ago:

Update: replaced adapter and all is good now

#21570 43 days ago
Quoted from jlcpremier:

replace the little star tech adapter

In the insider connected thread, they list the handful of wi-fi adapters that will work.

#21571 43 days ago
Quoted from jlcpremier:I think why WiFi adapter might be bad. The machine keeps saying it’s offline. I tried resetting the USB adapter and it seems to connect momentarily to my network but then shows the network with a /0 after. If I replace the little star tech adapter, does it need to be a 2.4Ghz one or will a 5Ghz work as well? Or do I need a specific one?

This one worked for me recently
https://a.co/d/fak5x1T

#21572 42 days ago
Quoted from jlcpremier:

I think why WiFi adapter might be bad. The machine keeps saying it’s offline. I tried resetting the USB adapter and it seems to connect momentarily to my network but then shows the network with a /0 after. If I replace the little star tech adapter, does it need to be a 2.4Ghz one or will a 5Ghz work as well? Or do I need a specific one?

You should be able to use any usb adapter that has the RTL8188CUS chipset.

1 week later
#21573 34 days ago

Finally getting in the club. Made a deal with someone today and should have it this week.

I know there are like 9000 mods out for this game but I am having a hard time figuring out which ones are worthy. Any input you owners care to share is welcome.

FYI game has art blades shaker and amber shooter rod. I will do speaker lights as well. Will do a topper of some kind but not sure which one. Wife wants the Stern one but I don’t think it’s worth it. Of course I will probably get out voted like usual.

Some of the signs seem cool and there is a raptor pit mod and many more. Too many to even think about honestly.

#21574 34 days ago

Our behind the raptor stuck ball blocker plastic is a nice thing to have for many....we offer some other things as well.

#21575 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Finally getting in the club. Made a deal with someone today and should have it this week.
I know there are like 9000 mods out for this game but I am having a hard time figuring out which ones are worthy. Any input you owners care to share is welcome.
FYI game has art blades shaker and amber shooter rod. I will do speaker lights as well. Will do a topper of some kind but not sure which one. Wife wants the Stern one but I don’t think it’s worth it. Of course I will probably get out voted like usual.
Some of the signs seem cool and there is a raptor pit mod and many more. Too many to even think about honestly.

You have the three big ones already, so the rest is seasoned to taste. That said, I think there is a growing population that would also include HD glass as a must have for a machine like this.

#21576 34 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You have the three big ones already, so the rest is seasoned to taste. That said, I think there is a growing population that would also include HD glass as a must have for a machine like this.

Agreed I use Voodoo or Invisi on all my games.

#21577 34 days ago

This is a mod I enjoy in mine. I also have the signs, cuts down that flat plastic glare.

https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-electric-fence-upgrade

#21578 34 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This is a mod I enjoy in mine. I also have the signs, cuts down that flat plastic glare.
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-electric-fence-upgrade

Thanks that's kind of the feedback I am looking for i.e. got X mod and like or got X mod and didn't. Of course I know some folks don't want to admit they didn't like a certain mod they spent money on and I get that.

BTW has anyone done anything to liven up the Stern topper. The wife is basically said that is the one she wants (I won't pay retail for it have to find a used one for sure) but it would be nice if there was something that could be done to it to make it a little better.

#21579 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

You didnt mention shacker....if you dont have it its a must on this game

#21580 34 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

You didnt mention shacker....if you dont have it its a must on this game

Game comes with shaker, amber shooter rod, side blades, and movie code already so I am good there thankfully.

#21581 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks that's kind of the feedback I am looking for i.e. got X mod and like or got X mod and didn't. Of course I know some folks don't want to admit they didn't like a certain mod they spent money on and I get that.
BTW has anyone done anything to liven up the Stern topper. The wife is basically said that is the one she wants (I won't pay retail for it have to find a used one for sure) but it would be nice if there was something that could be done to it to make it a little better.

You didn't mention if it was the Pro or Prem. If it's the premium then Lior's TREX skin is pretty awesome. Makes it look so much better/real/mean.

#21582 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Hd glass. Upgrade the backbox speakers (see diy audio thread, but Kicker or Alpine 4” or 5.25” are great), consider an external sub, great on this pin. Tilttopper’s topper is better than Sterns and much less $. Those are the kinds of mods that add to the experience. I wouldn’t tacky up the playfield with a bunch of toys but that’s me.

#21583 34 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You didn't mention if it was the Pro or Prem. If it's the premium then Lior's TREX skin is pretty awesome. Makes it look so much better/real/mean.

Yeah sorry its a Premium. And yes his t-rex is great but unobtanium and I don't want to pay the second hand market prices for it. Its nice but not thousands of dollars nice IMHO. Same for his LD bar button surround. I dig it but it ain't cheap.

Quoted from jackd104:

Hd glass. Upgrade the backbox speakers (see diy audio thread, but Kicker or Alpine 4” or 5.25” are great), consider an external sub, great on this pin. Tilttopper’s topper is better than Sterns and much less $. Those are the kinds of mods that add to the experience. I wouldn’t tacky up the playfield with a bunch of toys but that’s me.

I typically do upgraded speakers but a good reminder. Yeah tilt's topper is cheaper there are few things a like better about and some I don't. We are topper people so I'll be getting something for it, just wish there was something more/better but I know many feel that way.

#21584 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah sorry its a Premium. And yes his t-rex is great but unobtanium and I don't want to pay the second hand market prices for it. Its nice but not thousands of dollars nice IMHO. Same for his LD bar button surround. I dig it but it ain't cheap.

I typically do upgraded speakers but a good reminder. Yeah tilt's topper is cheaper there are few things a like better about and some I don't. We are topper people so I'll be getting something for it, just wish there was something more/better but I know many feel that way.

Didn't realize the TRex skin was no longer available. I've had mny JP since 2019 and bought mods over time.

BTW I've owned both toppers (Tilt and Stern). Tilt looks nice but does nothing really. Stern looks ok in person actually and does have nice light shows. I prefer Stern's just for the interactivity.

#21585 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Game comes with shaker, amber shooter rod, side blades, and movie code already so I am good there thankfully.

You'll want to upgrade to latest movie code. You can get 1.12 from POMC or 1.13 from Dystrophic. Both are considered 'current' since very little diffeence between the two.

#21586 34 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:You'll want to upgrade to latest movie code. You can get 1.12 from POMC or 1.13 from Dystrophic. Both are considered 'current' since very little diffeence between the two.

I believe it has current code but will check once I get the game home on Wednesday.

I saw your comment in the other thread about using it and IC. I am a tad confused on the process should I not put JP on the network and use IC since I will be running movie code?

I would think code for JP would be done and not revisited by Stern so it may not matter.

#21587 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Totally with you on the Stern topper-I am not paying over $500 for it. I have seen 2 used ones that I almost got locally but I was just a tad slow.

I have IC with movie code, works great just make sure you turn off auto update.

#21588 34 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Totally with you on the Stern topper-I am not paying over $500 for it. I have seen 2 used ones that I almost got locally but I was just a tad slow.
I have IC with movie code, works great just make sure you turn off auto update.

Perfect and will do.

Thanks

#21589 34 days ago

Behold my JP Gate mod! personally I think it fits nicely but is nothing special if you check out other crazy good modders.
My mod is simple. Has no lights, no moving parts. Just a hand painted Gate.
It does not obstruct the view of the ball path on the ramp. I like that.

If you want it I could make it!
$75+shipping
$100 painted.

IMG_5697 (resized).jpegIMG_5697 (resized).jpegIMG_5701 (resized).jpegIMG_5701 (resized).jpegIMG_5704 (resized).jpegIMG_5704 (resized).jpegIMG_5708 (resized).jpegIMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
#21590 34 days ago

Does anyone know if the JP Home Pin translite will fit a Premium? We kind of like the art on that better than the Premium translite.

#21591 34 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone know if the JP Home Pin translite will fit a Premium? We kind of like the art on that better than the Premium translite.

JP Home pin Translight is the same size as the other models. I put a Home pin Translight on my Premium a few months ago for the same reason

#21593 33 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Pinwoofer is a must, Raptors travel in pairs or more, get a real skeeter in amber from Super Skill Shots and this gated plate is second to none, custom paint your Raptor tower, I like the park truck where the journey begins, I have the TRex trying to chomp the 18 jeep and 3D slings to polish it off!

IMG_7595 (resized).jpegIMG_7595 (resized).jpegIMG_7601 (resized).jpegIMG_7601 (resized).jpegIMG_9223 (resized).pngIMG_9223 (resized).pngIMG_9229 (resized).pngIMG_9229 (resized).pngIMG_9234 (resized).pngIMG_9234 (resized).pngIMG_9241 (resized).pngIMG_9241 (resized).png
#21594 33 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Pinwoofer is a must

No it’s not. I had pinwoofer and only get more static irritating noises. So for me never pinwoofer again.

#21595 33 days ago
Quoted from Munsters:

No it’s not. I had pinwoofer and only get more static irritating noises. So for me never pinwoofer again.

Not planning on pinwoofer. Upgrading the speakers yes but I do that on all my games.

#21596 33 days ago

I’m having great results with it. I know it can be done a little cheaper, but taking the LE speakers out and throwing them in a premium machine was a kill 2 birds situation. I had a little static at first but he sent me a part (line trimmer?) and that cleared it up. What a game though. Clearly my #1 pin. Very challenging to get deep in any given game.

#21597 33 days ago
Quoted from Munsters:

I appreciate anyone willing to speak out and go against the grain. What do you recommend?

#21598 33 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I appreciate anyone willing to speak out and go against the grain. What do you recommend?

Good use of the equalizer. Which is now also possible on jjp games.

#21599 33 days ago

Does anyone know if the speaker system in the 30th is an upgrade over the LE? The present it as an upgrade in the 30th description, but not the LE. Maybe that's a difference besides the art?

#21600 33 days ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Just got to victory laps on visitor center, completed museum mayhem then freaking drained on secure control room. New GC and closest I ever got to escape nublar and when dinosaurs ruled the world. Captured Trex and spinosaurus along the way.
So much fun and frustrating at the same time. That's why this game has been in my collection for 3 years and it's going nowhere.[quoted image]

How long of a game was that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Billerica, MA
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 436.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.