(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 minutes ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 426.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'll call my distributor when they open this morning, but has anyone heard about a fix/more robust replacement for the raptor one way gate? Mine broke last night. I know many others have had this issue.

My one way gate broke the first day I got my machine. My distributor got me a new one from Stern. He said it was updated.

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from qhoang:

My one way gate broke the first day I got my machine. My distributor got me a new one from Stern. He said it was updated.

What is the build date of your machine? Mine is 8/15 and it's holding up, maybe mine is the updated one.

#2053 4 years ago

the action button scrolls through rewards, but it is WAAAYYYYYY to fast...... needs a slow down big time.

Play better! The awards are in the same order every time (except for a couple random ones in the middle). You'll get used to what's where and learn how many times to smack the button to get what you need. It's like Indy 500 award selection thing; not supposed to be easy.

choice 1 - Complete Chaos OR Super Supply Drop (when Chaos is lit or started already)
choice 2 - Clear Paddock (when in a Paddock) OR Super Combos
choice 3 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 4 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 5 - 25M Points
choice 6 - Abort - cancels the smart missile launch to save for later (shoot Truck to re-light inlane)

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Play better! The awards are in the same order every time (except for a couple random ones in the middle). You'll get used to what's where and learn how many times to smack the button to get what you need. It's like Indy 500 award selection thing; not supposed to be easy.
choice 1 - Complete Chaos OR Super Supply Drop (when Chaos is lit or started already)
choice 2 - Clear Paddock (when in a Paddock) OR Super Combos
choice 3 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 4 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
choice 5 - 25M Points
choice 6 - Abort - cancels the smart missile launch to save for later (shoot Truck to re-light inlane)

I do need to play better. Lol. Question, on reward #1, complete Chaos, if chaos is already lit... what's the point there? If chaos is already lit, and you successfully complete the smart missile shot, you're hitting the start chaos multiball target anyway, correct? Or am I misunderstanding something?

#2055 4 years ago

Question, on reward #1, complete Chaos, if chaos is already lit... what's the point there? If chaos is already lit, and you successfully complete the smart missile shot, you're hitting the start chaos multiball target anyway, correct? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Quoted from Peanuts:

- Smart Missile - choice 1 - Complete Chaos OR Super Supply Drop (when Chaos is lit or started already)

#2056 4 years ago

Hmmm. Ok, I tried to press flippers to scroll through the selections, so that's most likely my issue.
Regarding the noise, I havnt noticed it, BUT, I suppose I'll turn it back on and play some more ti verify

You are not the only Scribble that has issues with the smart missile screen. Is it possible to double flip to skip the award select screen? I've hit the middle button and hear what seems to be a selection changing but I don't see anything changing on the LCD. Does anyone have a picture of what the award select looks like?

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, I really do not like this update. There’s a new sound like a vacuum cleaner coming on, and it’s everywhere. It’s horrible. Did I screw up my update, or are other people hearing this sound too?
The lighting effects and new smart missile awards are nice, but I wish I could roll back to the old release for now. And I agree that the smart missile award selection is counterintuitive, though I eventually figured it out.

No Vacuum noise on mine.

The wife cleans today so maybe later.

#2058 4 years ago

It seems like it'd be more intuitive to have the flippers "flip" through the award selection, and then the action button lock it in and start the counter.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It seems like it'd be more intuitive to have the flippers "flip" through the award selection, and then the action button lock it in and start the counter.

My thoughts exactly. Choose, lock in with action button, THEN the 3, 2, 1.... I guess that's what I was expecting from the get go when I read about the update.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from Scribble:

You are not the only Scribble that has issues with the smart missile screen. Is it possible to double flip to skip the award select screen? I've hit the middle button and hear what seems to be a selection changing but I don't see anything changing on the LCD. Does anyone have a picture of what the award select looks like?

The last row of text on the screen is what changes. I think I recall it doesn’t pop up right away. I think there’s an initial screen and then the countdown screen comes on, and it’s the last row on the countdown screen.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Maybe more intuitive, but more dead ball time, and more total button presses.

I wish Star Wars multipliers moved like smart missile awards; each button press moves one to the right (wrap around the end). No turning off, moving both ways with flippers, turning on.

#2062 4 years ago

It was so damn fast I saw nothing....I was hitting my flipper buttons, looking at the screen, trying to see where I could select, but it was too quick.

Well we all get old, theres no shame in that.

#2063 4 years ago

My thoughts exactly. Choose, lock in with action button, THEN the 3, 2, 1.... I guess that's what I was expecting from the get go when I read about the update.

How would that work during multiball?

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Excellent point. Hadn't though of that. Since you're here, what am I misunderstanding about reward #1? Start chaos mb, and the smart missile target are the same target correct? One possible reward for hitting the smart missile is starting chaos mb, which would start anyway? I'm sure I'm just not getting some detail...lol

#2065 4 years ago

Excellent point. Hadn't though of that. Since you're here, what am I misunderstanding about reward #1? Start chaos mb, and the smart missile target are the same target correct? One possible reward for hitting the smart missile is starting chaos mb, which would start anyway? I'm sure I'm just not getting some detail...lol

If chaos is already lit, you presumably get the chaos multiball AND you get the super supply drop as the smart missile reward

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Any chance we can get you to hint at how the game chooses which smart missile award it’s going to give out for #3 & #4? Great game! It’s been a blast to play and the new lights, sounds, and features in the code update are great!!!

#2067 4 years ago

I say leave the smart missile as is BUT in the next update have a user setting to increase the time holding the ball if desired

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

When in single ball play, give the player an extra 2 seconds to make a selection. For multiball, leave it as is.

#2069 4 years ago

For what it's worth, I had a pleasant call with Stern tech support regarding my broken raptor gate. They said they are now using a stronger metal on it. They're shipping me a replacement gate along with a new upper post that's longer and uses a lock nut underneath the playfield. They assured me the nut would clear the flipper plate. Even though my post hasn't ever come loose, it's a nice touch to send me the updated one.

#2070 4 years ago

You guys are reading it wrong. It will light chaos if chaos isn't completed. IF chaos is lit or you are already in MB then you get the super supply drop.

My raptor gate broke after 30 plays. The replacement didn't look different and broke after 1 day. My 3rd gate is a slightly different design and has been over a week, no issues yet. Will be going in today to install the new update!

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I don't think I've ever gotten smart missile during multi-ball. I'll let you know when I get good enough for that to happen! It does seem like that'd be an even harder shot with the other balls being even more obstacles in the way. And wouldn't it be pretty much impossible if two balls were locked up behind that post and released at the same time? I wouldn't mind getting a smart missile after multi-ball though.

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I don't think I've ever gotten smart missile during multi-ball. I'll let you know when I get good enough for that to happen! It does seem like that'd be an even harder shot with the other balls being even more obstacles in the way. And wouldn't it be pretty much impossible if two balls were locked up behind that post and released at the same time? I wouldn't mind getting a smart missile after multi-ball though.

I got smart missile during Chaos multiball a few times last night. There was no way I was going to move my hand to the action button during that. I could theoretically see being able to do it if it happened while you only had 2 balls going and the other ball was cradled or somewhere up the playfield, but given my (limited) ability that’ll remain theory for awhile. A couple times I did end up with two balls behind the post. Didn’t impact my usual result though. I still missed

#2073 4 years ago

And what's a monkey flip?

Ya. I think he means chimp flip?

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya. I think he means chimp flip?

Monkey / Chimp flip: Flipping both flipper buttons at the same time. Beginners do it, along with people trying to skip an animation.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

You guys are reading it wrong. It will light chaos if chaos isn't completed. IF chaos is lit or you are already in MB then you get the super supply drop.

AH HAAAAA!! There it is!! That's the answer I was after. Makes perfect sense now. So, option 1 will spell out CHAOS if it's not already complete, and if its is, then super supply drop. I knew i was just misunderstanding something.

Quoted from KingHebes:

My raptor gate broke after 30 plays. The replacement didn't look different and broke after 1 day.

Maybe since it was an early breakage, the second one was also the weaker metal? Hopefully your 3rd holds.

Quoted from kermit24:

Monkey / Chimp flip: Flipping both flipper buttons at the same time. Beginners do it, along with people trying to skip an animation.

That's absolutely hilarious!! My son in laws girlfriend does that constantly, it drives me nuts. Now I can tell her to stop chimp flipping my games

#2076 4 years ago

"Chimp Flip" can also be mistaken for this...

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Woops... I just realized who I was speaking to about this.

I politely retract my amateur observation and defer to the expert.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Woops... I just realized who I was speaking to about this.

I politely retract my amateur observation and defer to the expert.

#2079 4 years ago

So I finally figured out that the vacuum cleaner sound is supposed to be the jeep on the screen, revving its electric motor? Cannot wait to edit it out.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe more intuitive, but more dead ball time, and more total button presses.
I wish Star Wars multipliers moved like smart missile awards; each button press moves one to the right (wrap around the end). No turning off, moving both ways with flippers, turning on.

Not at all, it would make it uncontrolable.

And using the flippers to choose the smart missile would make it very hard during multiball. So I understand the choice of scrolling with action button.

#2081 4 years ago

First topper sighting??? I’m disappointed

1E8BEE88-3D2F-4568-AE3B-49C26214D5E1 (resized).png1E8BEE88-3D2F-4568-AE3B-49C26214D5E1 (resized).png220C4BF3-01DB-4188-A49C-24DD83CB5F8F (resized).png220C4BF3-01DB-4188-A49C-24DD83CB5F8F (resized).png
#2082 4 years ago

My son in laws girlfriend does that constantly, it drives me nuts. Now I can tell her to stop chimp flipping my games

Wait...your son-in-law has a girlfriend AND you play pinball with her? How does your daughter feel about that??

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Wait...your son-in-law has a girlfriend AND you play pinball with her? How does your daughter feel about that??

Lmao

#2084 4 years ago

Optional art blades from Stern :
IMG_0514-e1570829451551-1024x456 (resized).jpgIMG_0514-e1570829451551-1024x456 (resized).jpg
Available at Littleshopofgames

#2085 4 years ago

Just got to play an LE on location (playfield looked perfect) man oh man I can't wait for my premium to get here in November... I could have played there all night but I didn't want to hog machine... Just wanted to keep hitting that start button.

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

First topper sighting??? I’m disappointed[quoted image][quoted image]

I have seen the same in France at a show, the vendor confirmed me that it's NOT the optional topper for JP2 :
20190922_131419 (resized).jpg20190922_131419 (resized).jpg

#2087 4 years ago

For $400....that topper needs to be at least a high-quality JP gate with animated torches. A plastic backlit LED cutout just ain't gonna cut it on my LE.

#2088 4 years ago

Playing new code for first time. Why is control room now going to a 4th folder with a “?” On it and bypassing the control room modes altogether?

#2089 4 years ago

Noticing some chipping in the shooter lane on day 2. Was hoping Cliffy would have something ready, but since he doesn't, I'm thinking of things to use to protect it for now.

Would a piece of mylar work? I have some small squares that are normally used by the inlane when ball drops from the wireform.

Aside from that... Game is a blast!

Got a new GC tonight, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm shooting for!

MVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20191012_003601 (resized).jpg
#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Noticing some chipping in the shooter lane on day 2. Was hoping Cliffy would have something ready, but since he doesn't, I'm thinking of things to use to protect it for now.
Would a piece of mylar work? I have some small squares that are normally used by the inlane when ball drops from the wireform.
Got a new GC tonight, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm shooting for![quoted image]

Nice score man!!! I do have a vague idea of what to do and my best score isn't that good. I'd say some mylar is fine in the shooter lane.

#2091 4 years ago

Got a new GC tonight, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm shooting for![quoted image]

Get one of these as soon as available.

Means zero wear.

https://pu-parts.com/jurassic-park-shooter-lane-protector

First thing I do on a new game.

#2092 4 years ago

How do you start raptor mb on the pro now?

#2093 4 years ago

Keith Elwin's new rules :

71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg71902437_10157777389140555_4379022297063751680_o (resized).jpg72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg72810002_10157777392590555_325285610224877568_o (resized).jpg72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg72821934_10157777387825555_4383925221275467776_o (resized).jpg
#2094 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing those cards. It just keeps getting better and better.

#2095 4 years ago

Yes, buy a roll of it or cling vinyl and cut a good shooter template. Cheap and works great.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Get one of these as soon as available.
Means zero wear.
https://pu-parts.com/jurassic-park-shooter-lane-protector
First thing I do on a new game.

Does it have an adhesive backing? Is it mylar?

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yes, buy a roll of it or cling vinyl and cut a good shooter template. Cheap and works great.

Do you have any images of templates you've made before? Curious to see how you've done it.

Also, if I decide to take mylar off, how difficult is it on new games?

And where do you buy you rolls?

#2098 4 years ago

I seem to be having a problem. I cant collect a map or rescue shot from the middle/spinner shot. But can do the spinner shot with the lane bonus. I have checked the spinner switch and the opto on the o shot an they both are working. And I missing another opto?

#2099 4 years ago

Have you turned your VUK from the trough ball eject to it's lowest setting in the system menu... That may help prevent further damage

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Have you turned your VUK from the trough ball eject to it's lowest setting in the system menu... That may help prevent further damage

Yes, but it's still slowly indenting the lane.

Also, can anyone with an LE confirm if I'm missing a bolt and nut on the helicopter blade?

IMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_142202 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 16.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.