(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 424.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Excellent! Cant wait to try them out!

Same here, are green or purple ready yet? I'll give them a test run.

#2002 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not the best shot, but it's what I had in my phone. If you zoom in, you'll see superband green post sleeves, along with green Titan flipper rubbers and clear Titan rubbers everywhere else.[quoted image]

Hello, i‘m a bit confused of your LE Version???

Is it a Special Order??? A LE cabinet with a Pro Backbox???

#2003 4 years ago

Amber Frenzy modes are coming

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from Phillyaudio:

Pro with armor.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from Phillyaudio:

I had my black legs/rails/lock down powder coated metallic green like the LE

#2006 4 years ago

I had my black legs/rails/lock down powder coated metallic green like the LE

Looks great.

#2007 4 years ago

Game Code V0.90 is available :

V0.90.0 - October 9, 2019
============================
- Fossils - all fossils can now be collected
- Fossils - fossils sets now give awards when collected
- Smart Missile - display effect priority improvements during multiball
- Smart Missile - 3 second countdown now allows you to select from 1 of 6 awards with the action button, you are choosing the award that will be collected if you successfully hit the pop target
- Smart Missile - choice that is on the screen when countdown expires is the selected award
- Smart Missile - all choices also give 10M points + 5M points each successful smart missile, in addition to one of the choices below when the award is collected
- Smart Missile - choice 1 - Complete Chaos OR Super Supply Drop (when Chaos is lit or started already)
- Smart Missile - choice 2 - Clear Paddock (when in a Paddock) OR Super Combos
- Smart Missile - choice 3 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
- Smart Missile - choice 4 - one of the following: +5 Rescues / +10 Rescues / Raptor Multiball / Extra Ball / Fossil / Super Escape
- Smart Missile - choice 5 - 25M Points
- Smart Missile - choice 6 - Abort - cancels the smart missile launch to save for later (shoot Truck to re-light inlane)
- Smart Missile - more awards may be added in future updates
- Amber Targets / Slings / Ramps / Pops - now start a timer that allow you to hit that shot for a 1X amber award
- Amber Targets / Slings / Ramps / Pops - added total screens for each
- Super Supply Drop - no longer cycles forever, it is a limited number of awards that can only be given once per game
- Super Supply Drop - removed Super Combos from the random awards eligible, this has been moved to Smart Missile
- Super Supply Drop - removed Fossil award, this has been moved to Smart Missile
- Super Supply Drop - removed 30M award... not needed since there are point awards for Loop Awards in between each Super Supply Drop being lit
- Escape - added display effect for Escape Ball Save
- Loop Rule - adjusted thresholds for loop awards, first one is 3 and then every 5
- Easier Loop Awards Perk - fixed an issue where perk was only adjusting the first award threshold and not later award thresholds
- Easier Inlanes Perk - fixed an issue where perk was only adjusting the first award threshold and not later award thresholds
- Boost Amber Perk - gives a one time increase to the amber bonus of 1M (in addition to the +15K per pop bumper hit)
- M-A-P Spellout - added light shows for collecting, completing, and lit on the back panel lights
- Advance Paddock - when next paddock is lit the sign lamp will now flash
- 2X Playfield - added light shows when 2X playfield is lit and started
- Multiballs - fixed an issue where totals wouldn't show up on double drains
- Raptor Locks - fixed an issue with multiplayer games where lock progress could be changed by other players lighting lock
- Raptor Tri-Ball - fixed an issue where the first Super Jackpot you hit could be hit multiple times even though it was not lit anymore
- Raptor Tri-Ball - fixed an issue in background lamp effect where the 'S' light in chaos phase would stick on when the shot was not lit anymore
- Raptor Tri-Ball - 2x multiplier timer no longer uses score frame timer, lamp effect on raptor pit flasher now times down with a flash effect
- Raptor Tri-Ball - added instructional text to the background display effect
- Raptor Tri-Ball - total video added along with sound effects
- Raptor Tri-Ball - jackpot sound effects are louder
- Chaos Spellout - fixed an issue where the chaos letter award light show would play twice sometimes
- Chaos Spellout - chaos letter lightshow no longer turns GI off
- Chaos Multiball - fixed an issue where the 'Ball Added!' text was not showing up on the display when being awarded
- Restore Power - added spinner flasher effects when spinner is hit
- Control Room Modes - added instructional text to background display effect
- T-Rex Event Modes - when T-Rex Event is ready the sign lamp will now flash
- T-Rex Event Modes - added instructional text to background display effect
- T-Rex Event Modes - fixed an issue in multiplayer games where restarting a game could cause the second player to skip his Feed T-Rex / T-Rex multiball
- T-Rex Feed Hurry Up - now collected when the ramp entry opto is crossed
- T-Rex Feed Hurry Up - added background lamp effects when running
- T-Rex Feed Hurry Up - added sound effects for hitting boost shots while the hurry up is running
- T-Rex Multiball - added new mode start lamp / shaker motor effects
- T-Rex Multiball - fixed an issue where the game would crash after getting Super Jackpot and X Eligible Jackpot on the same Left Ramp shot and continuing the multiplier increase until the Helipad shot
- King of the Island - updated the sound effect for jackpots
- Pteranodon Attack - added background lamp effects when running
- Pteranodon Attack - timer no longer pauses for pop bumper hits
- Bonus - now kills other sound effects so the bonus count up doesn't conflict with other sounds
- Tilt Warning - tilt warning display effect / sound no longer truncates
- Sound - sound fx mix has been adjusted
- Shaker Motor - shaker adjustments for MINIMAL, MODERATE, and LONG have been adjusted a bit lower
- Attract Mode - tutorial videos for main game objectives have been added
- Attract Mode - lock out the action button from playing no credits sound over and over
- Switches - fixed an issue with SIXTH COIN SLOT now properly associated with the 6th switch instead of the 5th switch
- Switches - corrected the wire color for the 6th coin switch

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'KOTI MB BALL SAVE TIMER' - defaults to 30 instead of 20, max has changed to 40 instead of 30
- changed 'LIGHT ESCAPE TIMER DECREASE' - defaults to 5 instead of 4
- changed 'LIGHT ESCAPE TIMER MINIMUM' - defaults to 5 instead of 6

- System - Updated to V2.35
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.52.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.

#2008 4 years ago

Just heard from my distributor that the Premiums are NOT being produced this week. Said they are being 'bumped' and they will trickle out over the next month.

#2009 4 years ago

I had a screw break on the lower right sling post, the bottom most post bolt/screw. Can anyone please identify what bolt/screw I need to replace it? It's the double ended threaded type with a build in nut under the top threads. I'm sure it's a standard part but I could not find it in the manual. The game still works as only the top portion broke off, so I can't pull it out and measure it. Thanks.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I had a screw break on the lower right sling post, the bottom most post bolt/screw. Can anyone please identify what bolt/screw I need to replace it? It's the double ended threaded type with a build in nut under the top threads. I'm sure it's a standard part but I could not find it in the manual. The game still works as only the top portion broke off, so I can't pull it out and measure it. Thanks.

Can’t you pull the same one from the other sling?
If not, I’d call Stern.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

My left ramp shots don't register when I hit it solidly. Is it possible the ball is going over the opto beam, or is that just crazy talk? I need to find a magnet and drag a ball across the top of the plastic that covers the ramp to see if that is even possible.
Anyone else have that issue?

So I confirmed that, at least on my game, the ball doesn't break the opto beam when it is up against the ramp cover. I tested this by going into switch mode and tilting the playfield all the way up so that the ball would rest on the ramp cover. I took one of the spacers out between the ramp and cover in an attempt to keep the ball low enough to register the switch.

Installing the new code now. I'll see if my fix works after a few hard shots to the left ramp.

#2012 4 years ago

Does updating the code on a Stern game wipe out previous high scores? Do I need to save settings and re-load them for the update?

#2013 4 years ago

Played 1.3B on the 0.88 code.

Is any of this already implemented?

visitors center
secure control room
mayhemm multiball
escape nublar

#2014 4 years ago

Preparing to do the update now.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Played 1.3B on the 0.88 code.
Is any of this already implemented?
visitors center
secure control room
mayhemm multiball
escape nublar

None of the wizard modes are in the game yet.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does updating the code on a Stern game wipe out previous high scores? Do I need to save settings and re-load them for the update?

I don't think so. I just updated, and it kept my high scores. Free play is still turned on, so I'm assuming settings were persisted.

#2017 4 years ago

That update is sick!

So Am I! Im going to be 60, and Im dreaming like a 10 year old before Christmas!

Cant sleep well...Playing JP in my dreams!

Come on Premiums!!!

#2018 4 years ago

This would drop when I’m working nights. Luckily I’m off the rest of the week so I’ll download and install when I get home.

Can’t wait to see all the new things added.

#2019 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Not on Jurassic Park. Apparently on some stern machines it may.

#2020 4 years ago

No, it does not. For sure.

Actually it depends on the particular pin and how far your code updates have gone. For instance on Deadpool they always erased for the first three or four updates until they finally wrote that feature into the code. Most new Sterns now have that after level 1.0 but it’s not universally the same.

#2021 4 years ago

Duplicate

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from beaplayer:

Just heard from my distributor that the Premiums are NOT being produced this week. Said they are being 'bumped' and they will trickle out over the next month.

Odd I was told next week. Same with my friend heard from distro that next week is it

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Preparing to do the update now.

None of the wizard modes are in the game yet.

Ok i'm curious how they will implement them. What is needed to achieve the main goals.
It's an addictive machine for sure.

#2024 4 years ago

I've tried downloading the pro code 3 times and it keeps saying invalid when I try to open the zip file. Anyone else having this problem?

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I've tried downloading the pro code 3 times and it keeps saying invalid when I try to open the zip file. Anyone else having this problem?

This might sound silly, but I did this and the download finally completed...
Clear your cache, close your explorer, and reboot the computer. Then try the link again.

#2026 4 years ago

I got the new code loaded on my pro last night and lots of cool things were added.

First game after installing I put up a new GC score of 658 million! Game just keeps getting better!

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The new JP takes the Stern Slim posts. Cliffy only makes the standard post which are too thick. We have a new design for the Stern Slim post that should solve this issue AND they are tapered to reduce airballs. Some colors are available now and the rest should be here next week.

Can you post a link? I am not seeing them on the site.

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I tried twice on my desktop computer and it kept having issues, tried it on my laptop and it worked fine. Not sure what the difference was but I got it installed on my machine on location last night and played a few games. Biggest thing I noticed immediately was the light show differences, they really stood out. Also the smart missle feels so much more important/useful now. Enjoying the hell out of it. Long live Elwin!

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I tried twice on my desktop computer and it kept having issues, tried it on my laptop and it worked fine. Not sure what the difference was but I got it installed on my machine on location last night and played a few games. Biggest thing I noticed immediately was the light show differences, they really stood out. Also the smart missle feels so much more important/useful now. Enjoying the hell out of it. Long live Elwin!

4th time was a charm. I won't be able to load it until tomorrow but I'm excited to have it installed for Saturdays tournament. I wish they would update the GI to stay on when the interlock isn't engaged, always an annoyance when trying to clean it.

#2030 4 years ago

Just updated last night, only got maybe one or two games in. Smart Missile will be cool to experiment with...so far, I've used it to instantly clear the T-Rex Paddock.

Definitely way more valuable now when you hit the sweet spot and nail that pop target.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Just updated last night, only got maybe one or two games in. Smart Missile will be cool to experiment with...so far, I've used it to instantly clear the T-Rex Paddock.
Definitely way more valuable now when you hit the sweet spot and nail that pop target.

Really excited to try it on mine.

I found myself using the free trap to go for the O or S shot instead of the 15m, but now I will focus on moving the truck before going for the smart missile with awards like that.

#2032 4 years ago

Anyone know when Stern will officially release the JP amber shooting rod (that lights up)?

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone know when Stern will officially release the JP amber shooting rod (that lights up)?

Right after the Star Wars topper.

#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Right after the Star Wars topper.

Not sure I have that much time left on this Earth lol

#2035 4 years ago

Just got the news that Premium's are being made this weekend! Should be here the week of the 21st or sooner!

#2036 4 years ago

Ok, updated to .90. No issues 100% success. I've noticed some graphic differences and a few small things, but I was most excited about the smart missile selectable rewards. I got smart missile, and saw zero difference. What gives??? I thought it would pause at least a second and let me select. But no, nothing.... anyone else want to chime in?

#2037 4 years ago

It pauses for 3 seconds, same as before. Use that time to choose your award with the action button.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from NOB:

It pauses for 3 seconds, same as before. Use that time to choose your award with the action button.

It was so damn fast I saw nothing....I was hitting my flipper buttons, looking at the screen, trying to see where I could select, but it was too quick. This needs to change. I noticed nothing.

#2039 4 years ago

It was so damn fast I saw nothing....I was hitting my flipper buttons, looking at the screen, trying to see where I could select, but it was too quick. This needs to change. I noticed nothing.

Did you monkey flip and mistakenly bypass the selection screen?

#2040 4 years ago

It's really, really fast so you pretty much have to memorize which rewards are at #1 through #6 and have an idea in advance which one you want to choose. The bottom line of text on the screen says which reward you're currently selecting. It seems to always start at #1, so if for example you want to select Abort at #6 you have to press really quickly to get to it (and don't overshoot your selection because there isn't time to cycle back through them). You have to hit the action button to scroll through the choices, and whatever reward it's on when the timer hits zero is the one you're shooting for. An extra second or two on the timer would be really nice.

#2041 4 years ago

So do the flippers scroll and action button select?? Or the other way around?? And what's a monkey flip? its entirely possible I skipped the selection process. But , if it's that fast, a future update needs to slow it down just a bit..... some of us are old bastards for God's sake

#2042 4 years ago

So do the flippers scroll and action button select?? Or the other way around?? And what's a monkey flip? its entirely possible I skipped the selection process. But , if it's that fast, a future update needs to slow it down just a bit..... some of us are old bastards for God's sake

The action button scrolls and there is no press to select. Whatever award has been scrolled to when it's ready to fire is the one selected. I feel the same way about the timer definitely needs to be upped to 5 seconds instead of 3.

#2043 4 years ago

Wow, I really do not like this update. There’s a new sound like a vacuum cleaner coming on, and it’s everywhere. It’s horrible. Did I screw up my update, or are other people hearing this sound too?

The lighting effects and new smart missile awards are nice, but I wish I could roll back to the old release for now. And I agree that the smart missile award selection is counterintuitive, though I eventually figured it out.

#2044 4 years ago

I just had an unexpected result. Just played a game and had a decently long Chaos multiball. I double drained to end both the multiball and that ball in play (of course), and when the LCD showed the scoring for the modes it said I got over 250 million for Amber Slings and 9 million for the Chaos multiball. I have no idea how that Amber Sling score happened, but I was pretty happy about the score.

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, I really do not like this update. There’s a new sound like a vacuum cleaner coming on, and it’s everywhere. It’s horrible. Did I screw up my update, or are other people hearing this sound too?
The lighting effects and new smart missile awards are nice, but I wish I could roll back to the old release for now.

I think the sound you're hearing is the system cooling fan in the backbox. I think someone on Pinside sells a replacement fan that's quieter. It's always been there but maybe you didn't notice it before for some reason?

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think the sound you're hearing is the system cooling fan in the backbox. I think someone on Pinside sells a replacement fan that's quieter. It's always been there but maybe you didn't notice it before for some reason?

No, it’s definitely 100% not that. It’s a much lower whoosh and it’s the same sound every time. It’s similar to the sounds you hear during the bonus countdown.

I think there’s a place on Stern’s site to grab a clean full image. I’ll try that tomorrow.

#2047 4 years ago

Hmmm. Ok, I tried to press flippers to scroll through the selections, so that's most likely my issue.

Regarding the noise, I havnt noticed it, BUT, I suppose I'll turn it back on and play some more ti verify

#2048 4 years ago

Hmmm. Ok, I tried to press flippers to scroll through the selections, so that's most likely my issue.
Regarding the noise, I havnt noticed it, BUT, I suppose I'll turn it back on and play some more ti verify

That's very nice of you to sacrifice your time like that

#2049 4 years ago

Played about 5 games, albeit shitty ones..... no whooshing sounds or anything abnormal audio wise. Smart missile achieved 1 time, and yes, the action button scrolls through rewards, but it is WAAAYYYYYY to fast...... needs a slow down big time.

#2050 4 years ago

I'll call my distributor when they open this morning, but has anyone heard about a fix/more robust replacement for the raptor one way gate? Mine broke last night. I know many others have had this issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 39.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/41?hl=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.