(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,296 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 426.
#1951 4 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

I took a slow motion video of the ball launch and saw that the ball was veering to the left on the launch before my fix.

That is genius. And applicable to so many types of repairs -- even beyond pinball. Thanks for sharing that idea.

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I used Super Bands

I second using superbands on the posts. Titans everywhere else.

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

So I was having an issue with auto launch and plunging the ball where they ball would miss the horseshoe about 20 to 30 percent of the time. It was driving me crazy! I adjusted the coil strength, and the launch bracket. Neither fixed this issue. The ball was going to the left and slamming into the left side of the horseshoe ramp. I was determined to fix it today so I unscrewed the 2 screws holding down the metal shooter lane and bent up the left side. Then screwed down the right screw all the way and the left screw about 90% down. That keeps the ball on the right side and after about 5 games (so far) it’s hit the horseshoe ramp 100% of the time. Hope this helps someone.[quoted image]

I'm definitely going to try this out. My manual/auto plunge misses the horseshoe about 25% of the time.

#1955 4 years ago

Not the best shot, but it's what I had in my phone. If you zoom in, you'll see superband green post sleeves, along with green Titan flipper rubbers and clear Titan rubbers everywhere else.

20190906_203358 (resized).jpg20190906_203358 (resized).jpg
#1956 4 years ago

I installed the mezel mods helicopter blades last night and I really dig them! Easy install and better movement than I was expecting.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I second using superbands on the posts. Titans everywhere else.

Why Superbands in one area but not all around?

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Why Superbands in one area but not all around?

Personally, I prefer the play of the Titans better, especially on the flippers. However, the superbands post sleeves seem to be more durable. Dont get me wrong, Titans everywhere else for me, just not the post sleeves. Btw, for what it's worth, I think this game plays so much better without the junky black Stern rubbers. Those black stock ones leave crud all over your balls which then gets on your playfield. No Bueno....

#1959 4 years ago

Personally, I prefer the play of the Titans better, especially on the flippers. However, the superbands post sleeves seem to be more durable. Dont get me wrong, Titans everywhere else for me, just not the post sleeves. Btw, for what it's worth, I think this game plays so much better without the junky black Stern rubbers. Those black stock ones leave crud all over your balls which then gets on your playfield. No Bueno....

Can someone explain the theory behind playfield rubbers? titans, superbands, etc. I've always just stuck with what's in the machine. Specifically durability/longevity, difference in bounce/ball travel/playability. Or a link if posted in forum elsewhere. I have 7 newer era machines and before making a big financial investment it would be nice to know, as I've always ignored it and just played my games.

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Can someone explain the theory behind playfield rubbers? titans, superbands, etc. I've always just stuck with what's in the machine. Specifically durability/longevity, difference in bounce/ball travel/playability. Or a link if posted in forum elsewhere. I have 7 newer era machines and before making a big financial investment it would be nice to know, as I've always ignored it and just played my games.

Super-Bands are made of polyurethane, and were the original non-rubber bands and rings. They are made in the United States (Cranberry Township, PA). Polyurethane is more durable than rubber or silicone. Super-Bands are translucent and come in 9 colors. Super-Bands are available from Marco, Cointaker, and Pinball Life.

Titans are silicone. Not sure if they are made in the U.S. or overseas. Silicone is generally not as durable as polyurethane.

Rubber quality varies rather dramatically between manufacturers.

Some people prefer the look and feel of rubber. Others prefer polyurethane or silicone.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

My suggestion would be to outfit one machine with Titan before making a major decision. The silicone seems to mimic the bounce of rubber better than urethane. Either way, have you noticed black streaks all over your balls (insert joke here) in any of your newer Sterns? I sure did, on 2 separate machines. Clean the balls, a few games later, streaks are back. The black post sleeves Stern puts in are hard as a damn rock. They're basically solid plastic. Pull one out and see for yourself. They cant absorb much impact that way.

#1962 4 years ago

I like titan for regular rubbers but the post sleeves don't hold up very well.
Get cliffy post sleeves, and titan rings.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home

https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

#1963 4 years ago

There are numerous threads on the subject but imo Titans feel the most like rubber if you want to add colour to a machine or are sick of rubber leaving black crud in your game. Super bands feel both bouncier and grippy-er at the same time somehow. They seem to be more prevalent in the wild however, so they may be more durable. Titans hold up pretty well. I would rank there durability below rubber though. They dont wear down over times leaving debris. They just start to snap one day(slings mainly). I'd say Titan sleeves and general playfield rings will last a decade. The flippers and slings however need to be changed after a couple thousand games.

#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I like titan for regular rubbers but the post sleeves don't hold up very well.
Get cliffy post sleeves, and titan rings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=common/home
https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

So are the stern ones 1 1/16”

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

So are the stern ones 1 1/16”

Yes, some sites describe them as Stern slim post.

#1966 4 years ago

So is anyone else in the habit of pressing the button on the lockdown bar when it gives you the 3..2..1.. smart missile callout?

#1967 4 years ago

I heard of someone being sent a playfield repair kit from stern for their playfield damage...has anyone else heard about this at all? Has anyone heard back from Stern at all when sending in pictures of your damaged playfield?

#1968 4 years ago

Thanks for the input! I always thought the inlane/outlane ball trails were due to machine part grime, will consider changing out stock rubbers.

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

So is anyone else in the habit of pressing the button on the lockdown bar when it gives you the 3..2..1.. smart missile callout?

Yup, constantly

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I heard of someone being sent a playfield repair kit from stern for their playfield damage...has anyone else heard about this at all? Has anyone heard back from Stern at all when sending in pictures of your damaged playfield?

Talk to Hawkmoon directly above us about his experience with Stern. Populated playfield coming his way.

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I posted most of this in the LE forum. Happy to share any info you like.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thanks for the input! I always thought the inlane/outlane ball trails were due to machine part grime, will consider changing out stock rubbers.

Betcha money it's from the black rubbers/post sleeves. Mine certainly was. You'll still get small trails in the lanes, its inevitable, but noticeably less. Happy to help.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I sent pictures a week and a half ago and still haven’t heard anything.

#1973 4 years ago

So now people got their games, which is the one to get? Pro or LE?

I'm going to order one or the other...

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So now people got their games, which is the one to get? Pro or LE?
I'm going to order one or the other...

I loved the Pro when I played it but after playing the LE, I think the Premium/LE is the way to go.
Love the Trex and the raptor cage.
Nothing wrong with the Pro, but if you can swing the premium/LE, I suggest it highly!

#1975 4 years ago

Totally agree. I have tried Superbands on my flippers and I too like the feel of Titans much better. But for sure use Superbands for the post sleeves!

#1976 4 years ago

Today I had the Smart Missile, hit the O shot and it went around and down to the pops and hit the target - the callout was “Direct Hit!”. Made me laugh.

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Totally agree. I have tried Superbands on my flippers and I too like the feel of Titans much better. But for sure use Superbands for the post sleeves!

Titan has since updated the recipe of the slim post sleeves. Haven't changed mine back to Titan to test drive yet, but I should add Titan's customer service was 'spot on' taking care of the slim post issue.

#1978 4 years ago

Super mega secret skill shot!

C48E43F8-4BC2-4B6C-B226-8A31332CED1A (resized).jpegC48E43F8-4BC2-4B6C-B226-8A31332CED1A (resized).jpeg
#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Super mega secret skill shot![quoted image]

TRUCK NUTZ

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have a repair kit for the play field and some kind of post fix kit on the way from Stern. They have not arrived yet

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

There’s no kit that would help yours. Hoping stern takes care of you on this one.

#1982 4 years ago

My left ramp shots don't register when I hit it solidly. Is it possible the ball is going over the opto beam, or is that just crazy talk? I need to find a magnet and drag a ball across the top of the plastic that covers the ramp to see if that is even possible.

Anyone else have that issue?

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

My left ramp shots don't register when I hit it solidly. Is it possible the ball is going over the opto beam, or is that just crazy talk? I need to find a magnet and drag a ball across the top of the plastic that covers the ramp to see if that is even possible.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/22#post-5241947
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/23#post-5243599

#1985 4 years ago

Just looked at my game and with under 200 plays, I have 7 posts, wrinkling/pooling, 1 major chip to the paint and clear, and 3 posts by the pop bumpers that were loose, and 1 that fell all the way out, plus the upper flipper posts that even with loctite it still comes loose.

I really hope they step up and do something about these issues

#1986 4 years ago

Form Keith Elwin on Tilt Forum :

"Enjoy your last day of bringing X into trex base jackpot "

So, a game code update is coming today (or tomorrow, depending of timezone)! I have the feeling that this one could be the larger one since the release of the machine.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

In my mind the longer it takes to start the premiums the better quality control has gotten a grip on the issue....that is the reason I’m in no hurry to get it

Let's hope so. This clear coating/paint issue scares me.
I think JP is one of the best sterns released in YEARS. The problem is, I would be scared to get one NIB with these issues.

#1988 4 years ago

Does anyone know from which batch/date the Pro's have been produced with the new "fix"/"touchover" regarding artwork round the posts and clearcoat cracking up?

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just looked at my game and with under 200 plays, I have 7 posts, wrinkling/pooling, 1 major chip to the paint and clear, and 3 posts by the pop bumpers that were loose, and 1 that fell all the way out, plus the upper flipper posts that even with loctite it still comes loose.
I really hope they step up and do something about these issues

I assume you have an early Pro without the fix around the posts? The later Pros, LE's and Premiums with this fix should be fine.

#1990 4 years ago

I really doubt to buy this game. But the sacrifices.. should let go of a really nice apollo 13 and a wcs94.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Thanks for that. I am in switch test mode and can't seem to find any switches that are set too sensitive, including the right ramp.

Did you test both of the opto switches on the left ramp? There is one at the bottom and one at the top.

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Let's hope so. This clear coating/paint issue scares me.
I think JP is one of the best sterns released in YEARS. The problem is, I would be scared to get one NIB with these issues.

As someone who has an issue, and knowing what I know now, I'd still order it and wouldn't be scared. The overwhelming majority of people are having great experiences. And the handful who aren't, are working with Stern for a resolution.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

My opto there got disconnected at the board under the playfield. It was an orange connector and the wiring was very tight I loosened it up and haven’t had issues since.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I assume you have an early Pro without the fix around the posts? The later Pros, LE's and Premiums with this fix should be fine.

mine came with the washer under the star posts in the slings?

#1995 4 years ago

Loving this game so far! Some really satisfying shots, and definitely some difficult ones.

IMG_20191008_175104 (resized).jpgIMG_20191008_175104 (resized).jpg
#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

mine came with the washer under the star posts in the slings?

Ok, they made some changes since then and it seemed to fix the playfield problems.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Did you test both of the opto switches on the left ramp? There is one at the bottom and one at the top.

I'll take a look tonight. I was only checking the one at the top (behind the backboard). That one seemed to work fine.

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

the post sleeves don't hold up very well.

The new JP takes the Stern Slim posts. Cliffy only makes the standard post which are too thick. We have a new design for the Stern Slim post that should solve this issue AND they are tapered to reduce airballs. Some colors are available now and the rest should be here next week.

#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The new JP takes the Stern Slim posts. Cliffy only makes the standard post which are too thick. We have a new design for the Stern Slim post that should solve this issue AND they are tapered to reduce airballs. Some colors are available now and the rest should be here next week.

Great customer experience when I ordered a Titan rubber set for my Batman66.
Looked amazing once I had everything swapped out.
Definitely interested in doing the same for my JPLE once it arrives.

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Excellent! Cant wait to try them out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 21,296 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/40?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.