(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5514 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5513 (resized).jpeg
SYJ_JP3-v2.0-Intro_Prem-LE (resized).jpg
SYJ_JP3-v2.0-ADV_Prem (resized).jpg
SysJ_JP3-V2.0_Instruction-Cards-Prem-ADV (resized).jpg
424989301_776682334506578_6277753065459989000_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0442 (resized).JPG
1JPplastic (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 408 of 421.
#20351 87 days ago
Quoted from DwightEisenhower:

Looking for advice on how to diagnose/treat a malfunctioning switch at the top of the right ramp (Pteranodon ramp). The switch seems to make contact and I can manually engage it with the glass off. I have tried bending the metal to ensure better movement when the ball travels through but have been unsuccessful.
I know this is a newbie question and I have tried searching this forum and reddit. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Those microswitches are tricky buggers. They can look and feel and even register properly some of the time, but for mechanical reasons, not be reliably. It's not necassarily the bend of the arm, but the spring mechanism itself INSIDE the microswitch body that gets caught up. I suspect the switch is defective and a replacement is in order. Its a workhorse switch, been around for a long time, and about $5 at PBL. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5087-00.html (When you swap it, be VERY CAREFUL to not lose the two tiny screws that hold it in place!)

#20352 87 days ago

No, it does not appear compressed when it is not registering balls.

The end of the metal arm furthest away from the switch should probably be bent up, slightly, so that the gate can push the arm down and compress the switch.

Wouldn't buy anything until you fiddle with the metal arm a bit.

#20353 87 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Those microswitches are tricky buggers. They can look and feel and even register properly some of the time, but for mechanical reasons, not be reliably. It's not necassarily the bend of the arm, but the spring mechanism itself INSIDE the microswitch body that gets caught up. I suspect the switch is defective and a replacement is in order. Its a workhorse switch, been around for a long time, and about $5 at PBL. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-switch-180-5087-00.html (When you swap it, be VERY CAREFUL to not lose the two tiny screws that hold it in place!)

Best to try the easier solution first to see if it works. A bend of the leaf to correctly push the button is a quick and easy thing to try first. Then if that’s not working it could be the switch itself. But if as he said it’s working when he pushes the button by hand it’s a very, very high percentage likelihood he just needs to adjust the leaf.

Why jump right to buying the part (which by the way would still likely require bending the leaf when you get the new one) when you can possibly save the trouble and be up and running quickly by first just trying a simple leaf bend? 5 minutes to see if it works, then try the longer process if necessary.

#20354 87 days ago

And dont drop the long 2 hole washer......ask me how I know....

#20355 87 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

And dont drop the long 2 hole washer......ask me how I know....

And when you dropped the tiny washer or screw, you probably immediately looked down and could find no trace of it in the area below. Somehow those tiny parts grow legs and vanish! I am sure you found it eventually, but not that easily, or found it in a place you could barely get to.... damn big fingers!

#20356 87 days ago

There are better versions to be sure, but a magnet stick, like this one, works wonders when trying to get at the small hardware: https://www.amazon.com/VASTOOLS-Telescopic-Magnetic-Pickup-Extendable/dp/B073PBR5PL

#20357 87 days ago

And when you dropped the tiny washer or screw, you probably immediately looked down and could find no trace of it in the area below. Somehow those tiny parts grow legs and vanish! I am sure you found it eventually, but not that easily, or found it in a place you could barely get to.... damn big fingers!

Well a Pinsider a little while back found a small screw which wnded being one that holds that gate on... I checked mine.... one missing....the other loose. So I diassmbed the ramp etc and looked everywhere on the playfield...was about to take the one with me to Ace and try and find... then checked the cabinet... was next to the sub.... tiny one.... all back together...with loc tite....... This helped A LOT...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E16J6RQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#20358 87 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

There are better versions to be sure, but a magnet stick, like this one, works wonders when trying to get at the small hardware: https://www.amazon.com/VASTOOLS-Telescopic-Magnetic-Pickup-Extendable/dp/B073PBR5PL

Or you could get one for free with your Labyrinth purchase!

And a bottle opener.... And a microfiber cloth..

IMG_6473 (resized).jpegIMG_6473 (resized).jpeg
#20359 87 days ago

It’s not the switch. It’s the cables underneath. I had this exact same problem a month ago. Collectively resolved by “reseating” each contact point on the games nodes underneath (prolly 20 contact points total). This was not hard and took only about 15-20 mins max. No tools needed. Just take care when removing and replacing the contacts. I choose to reseat all the contacts as I’m still fairly new to pinball and I could not isolate exactly which contact point the problem may have been associated with.

When I finished the right ramp was 100% again.

JP rocks!

#20360 87 days ago

Anyone have the Modfather amber shooter rod? How do you like it? It looks better to me than the stern one in pics but it’s hard to tell. I don’t really care if it lights up. $100 is bad enough for a shooter but stern at like $200 is hard to stomach. Thanks for any thoughts.

#20361 87 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone have the Modfather amber shooter rod? How do you like it? It looks better to me than the stern one in pics but it’s hard to tell. I don’t really care if it lights up. $100 is bad enough for a shooter but stern at like $200 is hard to stomach. Thanks for any thoughts.

I can vouch for Bill at Super Skill Shot. Not sure about the others but this is a real mosquito in Amber. The plate was seperate.

IMG_2609 (resized).pngIMG_2609 (resized).png
#20362 87 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I can vouch for Bill at Super Skill Shot. Not sure about the others but this is a real mosquito in Amber. The plate was seperate.
[quoted image]

At first I thought you meant he had found enough examples but you mean this is how he makes these with real mosquitoes and amber? And like lets it cure?

#20364 87 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

At first I thought you meant he had found enough examples but you mean this is how he makes these with real mosquitoes and amber? And like lets it cure?

Yeah he says it’s a real crane fly

#20365 87 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

My first Amber shooter was created using Modfathers amber rod ($100) and a couple of LEDs, wire, and a connector. His amber shooter is very nice. The DIY lit shooter all worked well, but for the 2 hours it took to carefully drill the LED holes, and get the connector, wire, resistor and LEDs ordered and shipped, it would have been worth the extra $80 or so to me. (I saw it at $179 recently).

Stern Shooter Schem 3 (resized).jpgStern Shooter Schem 3 (resized).jpg

#20366 87 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Yeah it’s the real deal. He has an incredible catalog.

#20367 87 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Or you could get one for free with your Labyrinth purchase!
And a bottle opener.... And a microfiber cloth.. [quoted image]

Show-off! No, seriously. That BOF machine looks amazing. Is it everything it seems?

#20368 87 days ago

Is Sterns real also?

#20369 87 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is Sterns real also?

I keep seeing this picture of stern’s. It looks terrible. I have to believe it looks better IRL and this is a very bad pic.

IMG_1135 (resized).jpegIMG_1135 (resized).jpeg
#20370 87 days ago

Show-off! No, seriously. That BOF machine looks amazing. Is it everything it seems?

Better than what we had hoped, and it’s not even complete code yet

And the topper will really complete it. Can’t wait for them to ship!

#20371 87 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I keep seeing this picture of stern’s. It looks terrible. I have to believe it looks better IRL and this is a very bad pic.
[quoted image]

From my JP30, with the official Stern shooter.

IMG_6260 (resized).jpegIMG_6260 (resized).jpegIMG_6263 (resized).jpegIMG_6263 (resized).jpegIMG_6264 (resized).jpegIMG_6264 (resized).jpeg
#20372 87 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

From my JP30, with the official Stern shooter.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice, I think I might have to get the drill out.

#20373 87 days ago

Finally had me a good one. The tension built into this game is incredible.

#20374 86 days ago

I found a superb cabin in Europe, very serious seller with excellent comments.
Several colors for the lights and it blends in perfectly with the playfield.
Available at this address:
https://pinmodsparadise.etsy.com

FB_IMG_1701515907123 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1701515907123 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1701515920641 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1701515920641 (resized).jpg
#20375 86 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

[quoted image]

That is a terrible photo.

#20376 86 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks nice, I think I might have to get the drill out.

This is the one I used to make my own. Probably what others are using.

Jurassic Park Mosquito In Amber Resin Prop Replica | Official Jurassic Park Collectible Paper Weight | Measures 3 Inches Tall https://a.co/d/1wcN0no

#20377 86 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Jurassic Park Mosquito In Amber Resin Prop Replica | Official Jurassic Park Collectible Paper Weight | Measures 3 Inches Tall https://a.co/d/1wcN0no

I was thinking of trying. Just drill out the bottom and epoxy to a spare rod. I’d love to see your creation if you find time to post a pic.

#20378 86 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like you found Stern’s supplier

#20379 86 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I was thinking of trying. Just drill out the bottom and epoxy to a spare rod. I’d love to see your creation if you find time to post a pic.

Yes, that’s all it is, but the trick to this is to drill straight. You definitely need a drill press and preferably a jig to hold the amber. If you are off center or drill a crooked hole, it won’t plunge right. I don’t have any pics of mine and no longer have the game. You can use jbweld or a clear epoxy.

#20380 86 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Looks like you found Stern’s supplier

Stern uses a different version. Theirs is smaller than the one I linked to.

#20381 86 days ago

Man this game is tough to progress in. I have played everything minus Nublar and those are the best mini wizards (imo) I have played just edging out GZ. I’m finding out I do not like big multiballs on wizards. 2 ball is perfect to start a mini with a chance to add 1 back after draining is fine. The tension built in a mini is the most important thing to me. I really connect with this game and will be taking my time with everything in it. Fun game tonight .

IMG_3789 (resized).jpegIMG_3789 (resized).jpegIMG_3790 (resized).jpegIMG_3790 (resized).jpeg
#20382 86 days ago

Best game ever tonight.

Secure control room is an amazing mode but i didnt know what to do after that! Got so many 5 second time extensions in that mode and wow that really made going after those combo shots count! Cleared all control room plus frenzy, did a raptor and chaos modes... won king of the island.... just a master piece in flow and story telling.
Felt like i was playing for 45 mins...
VideoCapture_20231202-233445 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20231202-233445 (resized).jpg

#20383 86 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man this game is tough to progress in. I have played everything minus Nublar and those are the best mini wizards (imo) I have played just edging out GZ. I’m finding out I do not like big multiballs on wizards. 2 ball is perfect to start a mini with a chance to add 1 back after draining is fine. The tension built in a mini is the most important thing to me. I really connect with this game and will be taking my time with everything in it. Fun game tonight .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome play, and thank you for the very interesting notes

Quoted from trueno92:

Best game ever tonight.
Secure control room is an amazing mode but i didnt know what to do after that! Got so many 5 second time extensions in that mode and wow that really made going after those combo shots count! Cleared all control room plus frenzy, did a raptor and chaos modes... won king of the island.... just a master piece in flow and story telling.
[quoted image]

Wow, what a play! Thats a crazy, wild score

It’s posts like these that give extra motivation to try and get one of these big scores. Very cool

Am a big fan of @mr_tantrum’s side rail caution toppers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/164#post-5972432). They are 3D printed, instead of being a decal, like his flipper covers.

Rail Caution ToppersRail Caution Toppers

Definitely compliments the game well.

Right Caution Rail TopperRight Caution Rail Topper

The bright yellow is always welcome

Left Caution Rail TopperLeft Caution Rail Topper

#20384 86 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Best game ever tonight.

The end of the game comes when you 1) reach Visitor Center, 2) play Secure Control Room, and 3) play all four T-rex modes then Museum Mayhem. Almost always T-rex is the missing part so you have to bang on the truck a lot for those.

By "raptor mode" I don't know if you mean Raptor Multiball, the Raptor Paddock (last paddock on the right), Visitor Center (lock raptors in cold storage), or Museum Mayhem (make the T-rex fling the raptors.) This game got a bit overloaded on the raptors

Is King of the Island something you can win/beat? I thought it only had the escalating jackpot values... does something happen if you get all of them up to 8x or whatever? (The rulesheet on Tiltforums doesn't say)

#20385 86 days ago

I think you just win an extra ball for king of the island when the mode is either awarded or over. Ur right there is no way to win it! and yes I think u nailed it as i was down a truck mode.

I also did play the raptor paddock and i usually steer away from it and it was neat chasing both green arrows as a paddock.

Quoted from vikingerik:

The end of the game comes when you 1) reach Visitor Center, 2) play Secure Control Room, and 3) play all four T-rex modes then Museum Mayhem. Almost always T-rex is the missing part so you have to bang on the truck a lot for those.
By "raptor mode" I don't know if you mean Raptor Multiball, the Raptor Paddock (last paddock on the right), Visitor Center (lock raptors in cold storage), or Museum Mayhem (make the T-rex fling the raptors.) This game got a bit overloaded on the raptors
Is King of the Island something you can win/beat? I thought it only had the escalating jackpot values... does something happen if you get all of them up to 8x or whatever? (The rulesheet on Tiltforums doesn't say)

#20386 86 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Awesome play, and thank you for the very interesting notes

Wow, what a play! Thats a crazy, wild score
It’s posts like these that give extra motivation to try and get one of these big scores. Very cool

Am a big fan of Mr_Tantrum’s side rail caution toppers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/164#post-5972432). They are 3D printed, instead of being a decal, like his flipper covers.
[quoted image]
Definitely compliments the game well.
[quoted image]
The bright yellow is always welcome
[quoted image]

I don't normally add a lot of mods to my games,but this is one of my favorite mods,I just had to get..

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Close Shave America, Close Shave Barbasol. Well, at least at first appearance. Actually, this is a secret refrigerated container designed to conceal vials of stolen dinosaur DNA ...”
11 days ago
Fort Worth, TX
45 (Firm)

#20387 85 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I think you just win an extra ball for king of the island when the mode is either awarded or over.

I don't think so... I've never gotten through all the KOTI jackpots myself, but the Tiltforums sheet doesn't say anything about an extra ball there. If you got one, I bet it was either from the 6th DNA combo, or by getting a wildcard fossil from some source that happened to complete fossil set #2.

#20388 85 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I don't think so... I've never gotten through all the KOTI jackpots myself, but the Tiltforums sheet doesn't say anything about an extra ball there. If you got one, I bet it was either from the 6th DNA combo, or by getting a wildcard fossil from some source that happened to complete fossil set #2.

There is no EB from KOTI, there is an EB if you capture Trex, KOTI is just points and you cannot "finish" it

#20389 85 days ago
Quoted from Brooklyn_Pin:

There is no EB from KOTI, there is an EB if you capture Trex, KOTI is just points and you cannot "finish" it

Makes sense now. I think its a multiball frenzy, but on ramps...maybe...

I gotta play koti more but there are sometimes where i just miss catching to sob!

I played 4 games of LAH and just stepped up to jp and did that on the first and last game of the night... just epic. Does the factory code give any further direction on what to do after visitors center? I always forget what happens or what mode still needs to be completed... t rex modes ur totally right... i didnt get to the chase...

#20390 85 days ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Makes sense now. I think its a multiball frenzy, but on ramps...maybe...
I gotta play koti more but there are sometimes where i just miss catching to sob!
I played 4 games of LAH and just stepped up to jp and did that on the first and last game of the night... just epic. Does the factory code give any further direction on what to do after visitors center? I always forget what happens or what mode still needs to be completed... t rex modes ur totally right... i didnt get to the chase...

The 3 inserts at the top of the map will tell you what’s not done yet. Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, and Secure Control Room. If they aren’t lit, you need to do those modes.

Museum Mayhem is the 5th TREX mode.
Secure Control room is the 4th control room mode.
Visitor Center is obviously the last “paddock”.

In addition, if you successfully complete these, the insert will flash instead of being on solid. If you can get all 3 flashing, this opens up the real final mode that comes after escape nublar, which is “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth”.

#20391 85 days ago

So I’m on cloud 9 right now as I beat Jurassic Park for the first time, beating Escape Nublar in the standard game for the first time ever! However, I was supposed to get When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth upon beating this and my game ended afterwards…..what a complete letdown!!! Has anyone else ever had this happen?? I’m so confused!! I even went back to watch Karl DeAngelo’s stream at the end and when he beat Escape Nulbar, it went right into When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. Is this a glitch or am I missing something???

#20392 85 days ago

Just read the post above what I previously posted. I did not know that you had to beat all three of the mini wizard modes to be able to access When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth??? Was this something they changed in the latest updates or has it always been this way and I completely missed it??

#20393 85 days ago

Yep, I just read the Tilt Forum rule set and in fact, that is the case. You need to beat Visitors Center, Museum Mayhem and Secure Control Room, and then beat Escape Nulbar to light When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. I don’t recall it always being that way but I could be wrong. Oh well, guess I’ll have to step it up even further to achieve this. I’m still damn proud of the fact that I beat Escape Nublar in standard gameplay. That was NOT easy!!

#20394 85 days ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Just read the post above what I previously posted. I did not know that you had to beat all three of the mini wizard modes to be able to access When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth??? Was this something they changed in the latest updates or has it always been this way and I completely missed it??

It’s always been that way.

#20395 85 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It’s always been that way.

Damn! Don’t know how I missed that! Oh well, time to just step it up and try to beat all of the wizard modes to achieve this!

#20396 85 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The 3 inserts at the top of the map will tell you what’s not done yet. Visitor Center, Museum Mayhem, and Secure Control Room. If they aren’t lit, you need to do those modes.
Museum Mayhem is the 5th TREX mode.
Secure Control room is the 4th control room mode.
Visitor Center is obviously the last “paddock”.
In addition, if you successfully complete these, the insert will flash instead of being on solid. If you can get all 3 flashing, this opens up the real final mode that comes after escape nublar, which is “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth”.

Ahhhhh.. knowing its not done is something i understand.. i just didnt know how to start them...

#20397 85 days ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

So I’m on cloud 9 right now as I beat Jurassic Park for the first time, beating Escape Nublar in the standard game for the first time ever! However, I was supposed to get When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth upon beating this and my game ended afterwards…..what a complete letdown!!! Has anyone else ever had this happen?? I’m so confused!! I even went back to watch Karl DeAngelo’s stream at the end and when he beat Escape Nulbar, it went right into When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth. Is this a glitch or am I missing something???

Nothing like posting a high score and then reading someone beat the game a few posts later lol hahah damn!

#20398 84 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

The end of the metal arm furthest away from the switch should probably be bent up, slightly, so that the gate can push the arm down and compress the switch.
Wouldn't buy anything until you fiddle with the metal arm a bit.

Bending the leaf worked. I've got a few games in with no missed hits.

But...I bought a switch anyway as a back-up because I'm a belts and suspenders type of guy.

Thanks everyone for your help.

#20399 84 days ago

Bending the leaf worked. I've got a few games in with no missed hits.
But...I bought a switch anyway as a back-up because I'm a belts and suspenders type of guy.
Thanks everyone for your help.

If I replace a switch I always buy another for next time LoL.

#20400 84 days ago

Joined the club Pro JP

Anything I should do immediately to ensure optimal performance

Stoked !

IMG_4061 (resized).jpegIMG_4061 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 289.99
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 16.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chesterfield, VA
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 408 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/408 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.