(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,515 posts
  • 1,419 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Neal_W
  • Topic is favorited by 774 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4195 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8190239_1 (resized).png
jp truck (resized).png
truck nav (resized).png
IMG_4034 (resized).JPEG
17162904644006530426168915480293 (resized).jpg
IMG_4996 (resized).jpg
IMG_4997 (resized).jpg
IMG_4010 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_0232 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4173 (resized).jpg
IMG_9519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 431.
#20001 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

-they, being OP, said, see below- man you seem to have some kind of animosity towards me or my stuff, for absolutely no reason...gives me the blahs. Sorry dude for whatever negative whatever I've sent your way.

Thanks, finally.

#20003 6 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Maybe it's just my notoriously flakey machine but it goes almost completely dark way too much.

This is in the code, so it's not just your machine. And yeah I expect to loose a ball every once in a while on things like "t-rex fed but did not catch ball" or other times when the game does not know there is a ball in play. If I play with the lights on this is no problem, but when dark yeah it is annoying a bit at times.

#20004 6 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

The light show is one of my least favorite things about JP. Maybe it's just my notoriously flakey machine but it goes almost completely dark way too much. I get that the T Rex is thematically causing chaos but it's a bit much at times.

There are moments in the standard JP gameplay (during a drain sequence?) that the playfield does get very dark for just a second or two. Your machine in that respect is normal.

#20005 6 months ago

On my Prem the amber pop bumpers are firing randomly. Guessing its a adjustment but have never played with them before.... ??

#20006 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

On my Prem the amber pop bumpers are firing randomly. Guessing its a adjustment but have never played with them before.... ??

Is it all of them? That would be strange.

If it is one, then yes, most likely a leaf switch adjustment under the playfield. Nothing too complicated. You can manage it with a small screwdriver or pliers, but order one of these for the future: https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#20007 6 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

Is it all of them? That would be strange.
If it is one, then yes, most likely a leaf switch adjustment under the playfield. Nothing too complicated. You can manage it with a small screwdriver or pliers, but order one of these for the future: https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

Hard to tell.....

#20008 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Use a bright light when you are looking. Those bumper "spoon" contacts are down in the cabinet at the bottom of the lifted playfield, and the actual contact pads will be hard to examine properly unless you have a strong light source. You want the contacts to be close enough that they make contact for any resonable bumper skirt touch, but not so close that vibration from other pop bumpers in the area makes them touch.

#20009 6 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Use a bright light when you are looking. Those bumper "spoon" contacts are down in the cabinet at the bottom of the lifted playfield, and the actual contact pads will be hard to examine properly unless you have a strong light source. You want the contacts to be close enough that they make contact for any resonable bumper skirt touch, but not so close that vibration from other pop bumpers in the area makes them touch.

So adjust with playfield lifted? What am I looking for? Its irritating becasue it cancels the skill shot...lol

#20010 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So adjust with playfield lifted? What am I looking for? Its irritating becasue it cancels the skill shot...lol

yes, power off, then lift the playfield and you'll see the the pop bumper mechanisms. Looks for the copper colored 'spoon' shaped contact at the very center of the bumper. Reach on top and touch the skirt with your hand and watch the contact move from the underside. basically there is a plastic post which is part of the skirt that moves when touched. That is riding inside the spoon. when it moves it should slightly deform the spoon so it makes contact with the swuare spring leaf contact right next to it. (This will make sense when you look underneath the playfield).

The picture is for an older Bally vintage unit, but they all work the same. Look at the green 'Spoon' blade and then the area circled in RED is where the contact pads need to be separated but not too far to make contact when the skirt is touched with some force. See the area circled in BLUE and using the blade tool or a needle nose plyer VERY CAREFULLY bend the leaf... do not OVER bend the bottom leaf and do NOT bend the spoon blade at all!!!!!! Slow, tiny adjustments here... With power on, you can use the tech switch screen in diagnostics to see how much force is needed by the ball on the skirt to make reliable contact.
popspoon3 (resized).jpgpopspoon3 (resized).jpg

#20011 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Hard to tell.....

Markharris2000 comes through with the detailed instructions as usual!

But before you start adjusting anything, make sure you know which one is firing incorrectly. Record a slo-mo video on your phone if you need. Start recording and then hit the cabinet or playfield with your hand. That will usually fire a pop bumper that is gapped too close.

#20012 6 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

Markharris2000 comes through with the detailed instructions as usual!
But before you start adjusting anything, make sure you know which one is firing incorrectly. Record a slo-mo video on your phone if you need. Start recording and then hit the cabinet or playfield with your hand. That will usually fire a pop bumper that is gapped too close.

Thanks all! Think I got if figured...the one on the right is flickering when fires... guess its the culprit.. just ordered the tool

#20013 6 months ago

Markharris is the man. I think he secretly works at stern as a tech.

#20014 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks all! Think I got if figured...the one on the right is flickering when fires... guess its the culprit.. just ordered the tool

You might also check the lugs at the bottom of the switch stack. Excess solder can result in the switch closing with vibration. My left trap target was a mess.

#20015 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Markharris is the man. I think he secretly works at stern as a tech.

The QA department should be taking notes

#20016 6 months ago

Finally joined! Having fun so far as I’ve broken a bill a few times now and got to the visitors center.

I did forget to install the tilt bob but I’ve corrected it and still only tilted once (a huge accomplishment for me).

IMG_4219 (resized).jpegIMG_4219 (resized).jpeg

#20017 6 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

Finally joined! Having fun so far as I’ve broken a bill a few times now and got to the visitors center.
I did forget to install the tilt bob but I’ve corrected it and still only tilted once (a huge accomplishment for me).
[quoted image]

Welcome.

Do u tilt a lot?

#20018 6 months ago

Well, the UPDATE on my JP30TH is that it will b arriving this Thursday (16th). It’s been so long that I lost my excitement for it. But I’m sure I’ll turn that around quickly in the unboxing procedure. It was supposed to be delivered late August for those who don’t know. I’m just really surprised Stern didn’t send me a new replacement machine. I digress. Moving Onward!

#20019 6 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

[quoted image]

Pro artwork looks so nice. Great choice!

#20020 6 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Welcome.
Do u tilt a lot?

Yes. That's just how I learned to keep the ball alive a little longer. I know plenty of folks that nudge and don't tilt but my style has always been just a little too rough. I'm attempting to tone it down and as I gain more experience it's gone down considerably but on really tight games I'll tilt just flipping.

#20021 6 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

Yes. That's just how I learned to keep the ball alive a little longer. I know plenty of folks that nudge and don't tilt but my style has always been just a little too rough. I'm attempting to tone it down and as I gain more experience it's gone down considerably but on really tight games I'll tilt just flipping.

Tbh thats awesome. Most ppl treat their game like a snowflake.

Meanwhile:

#20022 6 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Meanwhile:

That’s some serious skill right there

#20023 6 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Pro artwork looks so nice. Great choice!

I agree. And while I absolutely love the animatronic T-Rex and the Raptor pen barrier I just couldn't justify the price difference. (My Godzilla on the other hand...)

Quoted from trueno92:

Meanwhile:

I've never done a death save or a bang back. I actually started playing pinball heavily at the beginning of 2022 and primarily as a tournament player so (obviously) these tactics aren't allowed.

#20024 6 months ago

I know some of you guys don’t like it ( translite ) but it looks pretty cool to me. The stripes on the top and the stripes I put on the flippers are a cool touch to the game.

IMG_1625 (resized).pngIMG_1625 (resized).png

#20025 6 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So cool.love to hear the back story.</blockquote ppl

I know some of you guys don’t like it ( translite ) but it looks pretty cool to me. The stripes on the top and the stripes I put on the flippers are a cool touch to the game.
[quoted image]

As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

#20026 6 months ago

Just dropping by to say this is my #1 pinball game of all time. To this day, it’s the only game I’ve bought NIB and have never sold…..well, I did sell my prem to get 30th b/c when the art was redone, it became a 10/10, which is how I rated it. I am a huge JP fan but thank you SO much to Keith for making this dream theme into the best pinball experience of all time. As someone that has sold many, this continues to be a special game and the updated code along with proper art made me actually put a rating on it. It was time to judge perfection.

#20027 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just dropping by to say this is my #1 pinball game of all time. To this day, it’s the only game I’ve bought NIB and have never sold…..well, I did sell my prem to get 30th b/c when the art was redone, it became a 10/10, which is how I rated it. I am a huge JP fan but thank you SO much to Keith for making this dream theme into the best pinball experience of all time. As someone that has sold many, this continues to be a special game and the update code along with proper art made me actually put a rating on it. It was time to judge perfection.

Can't say I'm a fan of the 30th art but the rest I can agree with. JP is my favorite game by far.

#20028 6 months ago

I love the 30th very much. My premium needs to go.

#20029 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just dropping by to say this is my #1 pinball game of all time. To this day, it’s the only game I’ve bought NIB and have never sold…..well, I did sell my prem to get 30th b/c when the art was redone, it became a 10/10, which is how I rated it. I am a huge JP fan but thank you SO much to Keith for making this dream theme into the best pinball experience of all time. As someone that has sold many, this continues to be a special game and the updated code along with proper art made me actually put a rating on it. It was time to judge perfection.

Your not alone my man

#20030 6 months ago

Haven’t gotten very far in the game. How the hell do you get to the visitor center. Seems it would take hours.

#20031 6 months ago

In 20 years how much do you think this game will be worth?

#20032 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

In 20 years how much do you think this game will be worth?

As much as someone is willing to pay for it who the hell knows what’s going to happen to the world in 20 years, let alone pinball values. I’ll be 70 in 20 years so I really doubt I’ll care either way, lol.

#20033 6 months ago

My t-rex does not drop the ball on the habittrail. It drops it short every time. Jow can I adjust this?

#20034 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Haven’t gotten very far in the game. How the hell do you get to the visitor center. Seems it would take hours.

Keep chasing and trapping dinos and progress jn the map. U can speedrun it by avoiding trex, controll room and multiball modes

#20035 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Try staying to the left or right of the map as it will be a direct path to visitor center. It’s not going to give you the most points but it’s definitely a quicker way to visitor center.

#20036 6 months ago

I'm still not truly understanding what the Tranq does. I read some people saying its good to use with the Trex, but I'm not sure what it exactly does and how it affects what you are doing.

#20037 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm still not truly understanding what the Tranq does. I read some people saying its good to use with the Trex, but I'm not sure what it exactly does and how it affects what you are doing.

It stuns the dinosaur so it doesn’t move for a little while. It’s helpful if you want to freeze it on an easier capture shot. For t-Rex, it’s eating shots so quickly that it helps to use it there so you can actually complete the mode.

#20038 6 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

It stuns the dinosaur so it doesn’t move for a little while. It’s helpful if you want to freeze it on an easier capture shot. For t-Rex, it’s eating shots so quickly that it helps to use it there so you can actually complete the mode.

By move do you mean where the shots are lit? Like they move around? And the tranq stops it?

Sorry for all the q's and thanks.

#20039 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

By move do you mean where the shots are lit? Like they move around? And the tranq stops it?
Sorry for all the q's and thanks.

Yes. The dino keeps moving as per the yellow flashing arrows until u shoot the lit shot to trap it. The tranq can pause the dino and u can tranq it at a shot that is best for u based on its location on the pf.
As u get closer to the control room they move faster depending on where the lit rescue worker squares are lit as the dino wants to eat the worker. That gives u an idea of what direction the dino will go.

#20040 6 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Yes. The dino keeps moving as per the yellow flashing arrows until u shoot the lit shot to trap it. The tranq can pause the dino and u can tranq it at a shot that is best for u based on its location on the pf.
As u get closer to the control room they move faster depending on where the lit rescue worker squares are lit as the dino wants to eat the worker. That gives u an idea of what direction the dino will go.

Ah now this makes sense! Thanks a ton!

#20041 6 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Close but the dino is green. It turns yellow when it’s ready to be captured. It can be stunned by the tranq whether it is green or yellow.

#20042 6 months ago

Recieved new power supply an pdb today, second power supply stern has sent. I put in the pdb and no more clicking, so am sending the new ps and old pdb back .

#20043 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

It's less than 15 minutes on the most direct path and if you don't spend a lot of time doing multiballs or control room modes. Each paddock isn't all that many shots - 1-3 rescues, trap targets, helipad, dino. It only takes 4 paddocks on the most direct path (stay left or right.)

The biggest help is if you can nail a smart missile shot for Clear Paddock. Going on the left side of the map is better for this, since then the truck is on the smart missile side when you start each paddock (smart missile only starts when the truck is facing left, with the newton ball on the right leaving only the narrow path to the target.)

Or you can actually just catch and hold the ball forever and time out each entire paddock - the dino will keep moving and eating the rescues and eventually escape, it never pauses for inactivity. You can really reach Visitor Center the cheesy way doing that, though you'll score all of jack squat for it.

#20044 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved new power supply an pdb today, second power supply stern has sent. I put in the pdb and no more clicking, so am sending the new ps and old pdb back .

Same here, the new power supply was worse than the original so I put the original back in and they sent me a new PDB I put that in and I have no clicking now. All good!

#20045 6 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If you removed the set screw (use a flashlight to confirm this), try to rotate the metal collar by holding the truck from above and rotating the collar from below. THERE IS A CHANCE that some previous owner GLUED the jeep post into the collar. I am not sure why anyone would do so, but that would make your replacement MUCH harder and require some new parts from Stern.
Try to rotate the collar first. maybe it's just stuck or very tight.

I know it’s been awhile but I FINALLY got the truck off. I had to use a pot holder to hold the metal piece under the playfield and then rotate the truck on the playfield back and forth to shimmy it loose. The metal piece under the playfield had a bunch of dried gunk on the inside of it. Again, I am the first and only owner of this game and I’ve never put anything in there. I ended up scraping it off with a toothpick and then cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol. It was recommended from another thread so I took a small amount of silicone spray lubricant and put it on a qtip and paper towel and wiped it on the truck shaft and washers. Put everything back together and it worked just like new!! Man I swear I haven’t gotten a trex multiball in months because I couldn’t get the truck to spin around more than once or twice. Anyway, I’ve attached a picture of the “gunk” I was talking about. You can kinda see where I scraped it off. It was worse off before I took the pic.
9AD71D1F-88E0-40AF-BBC0-10540F3DB8FC (resized).png9AD71D1F-88E0-40AF-BBC0-10540F3DB8FC (resized).png

#20046 6 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I know it’s been awhile but I FINALLY got the truck off. I had to use a pot holder to hold the metal piece under the playfield and then rotate the truck on the playfield back and forth to shimmy it loose. The metal piece under the playfield had a bunch of dried gunk on the inside of it. Again, I am the first and only owner of this game and I’ve never put anything in there. I ended up scraping it off with a toothpick and then cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol. It was recommended from another thread so I took a small amount of silicone spray lubricant and put it on a qtip and paper towel and wiped it on the truck shaft and washers. Put everything back together and it worked just like new!! Man I swear I haven’t gotten a trex multiball in months because I couldn’t get the truck to spin around more than once or twice. Anyway, I’ve attached a picture of the “gunk” I was talking about. You can kinda see where I scraped it off. It was worse off before I took the pic.
[quoted image]

Glad you solved the issue. That is a very odd situation because there is no reason anything that could turn into the “gunk” you found should be there. Those are metal parts assembled at factory without any adhesive or fluid of any type. If you are within warranty, ask stern to send you a clean collar.

#20047 6 months ago

Looking to trade towards a jp premium if anybody near Lincoln Nebraska is interested. Pm me

IMG_4955 (resized).jpegIMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
#20048 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

hopefully Stern finally gets the 'memo' on this issue with their new problem with these newer (clicking) machines, and fixes it the right way (just not swapping psu's), before leaving the factory NIB. It's probably cheaper for them to do it this way until they run out of stock on the bulk (bad) caps or whatever the bottleneck is? idk..gl. my Foo Fighters LE clicks a few times, and that's about it. no other machine does it (but haven't gotten my JP30th yet, lol)

#20049 6 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

hopefully Stern finally gets the 'memo' on this issue with their new problem with these newer (clicking) machines, and fixes it the right way (just not swapping psu's), before leaving the factory NIB. It's probably cheaper for them to do it this way until they run out of stock on the bulk (bad) caps or whatever the bottleneck is? idk..gl. my Foo Fighters LE clicks a few times, and that's about it. no other machine does it (but haven't gotten my JP30th yet, lol)

We had a foo le, it was clicking 40+ times by the time I sold it. When the ps and pdb finally showed, the buyer had no interest in putting them in and told me to return them. Jp 30 was no clicks, the 5 or so then up to 50. Hoping this is a final fix,

#20050 6 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We had a foo le, it was clicking 40+ times by the time I sold it. When the ps and pdb finally showed, the buyer had no interest in putting them in and told me to return them. Jp 30 was no clicks, the 5 or so then up to 50. Hoping this is a final fix,

I would have kept those replacement boards!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Junction City, OR
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,515 posts in this topic. You are on page 401 of 431.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/401?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.