(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,283 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 426.
#1901 4 years ago

Anyone’s T-Rex ever block the ramp during a T-Rex event?

#1902 4 years ago

Any word on when premiums ship?
It’s been mighty quite

#1903 4 years ago

Keep on eye on your coil stops!

IMG_6147 (resized).JPGIMG_6147 (resized).JPG
#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Playing tonight I had an instance where the right ramp was lit for both the "A" and the extra ball shots. I made the shot and only got credit for the "A" and had to hit it again for the extra ball instead of getting awarded both for the first shot. Any thoughts on whether or not that's by design or if it's a bug? I hope it's a bug. At my (limited) ability level I need double awards as often as I can get them

I haven’t had that happen. Weird

#1905 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Playing tonight I had an instance where the right ramp was lit for both the "A" and the extra ball shots. I made the shot and only got credit for the "A" and had to hit it again for the extra ball instead of getting awarded both for the first shot. Any thoughts on whether or not that's by design or if it's a bug? I hope it's a bug. At my (limited) ability level I need double awards as often as I can get them

Bug, or random 1 time coincidence. I always get double credit. Same as hitting left ramp for "H" and starting T-rex mode, and starting a paddock mode simultaneously

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any word on when premiums ship?
It’s been mighty quite

I called Stern a few days ago and they said they go in production the second week of October.

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

I called Stern a few days ago and they said they go in production the second week of October.

Pretty quiet indeed if they are going on the line potentially on Monday. No reports of people being asked for remainder of payment. I know my distributor hasn't said a word or asked me for full payment yet...

#1908 4 years ago

I believe Stern was going to try and squeeze a small 3LVIRA production run in-between the JPLE’s and JP Premiums, hence the delay.

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I believe Stern was going to try and squeeze a small 3LVIRA production run in-between the JPLE’s and JP Premiums, hence the delay.

Quoted from evh347:

Probably means getting these at the same time , dang it.
Still haven’t even opened my TBL yet

Hope the premium is not too rushed so faults slip in on QC

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Keep on eye on your coil stops![quoted image]

Help a newbie out, what is a coil stop? Did something fail with the JP Pro at brewskis?

#1911 4 years ago

I was told to pay for my Premium this week. From what I know they are going on the line next week with delivery probably the following week

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Help a newbie out, what is a coil stop? Did something fail with the JP Pro at brewskis?

Coil stop is the metal bracket behind the coil.
You can see in the picture the part that holds the coil in place has fallen out.

#1913 4 years ago

Just got my LE #310 in Canada today!

#1914 4 years ago

Got the moving helicopter blades from Mezel Mods today. It looked like it would be an easy install, but the hex post attached to the stock blades won't just unscrew from the bottom. Had to take the whole damn ramp and plastics off. Jesus, Stern, you lock down this part but the post in from of the upper flipper goes loose after getting hit a few times? SMH. Anyway, had to tweak it a bit with clips and bends to the wires, but got it working. Made a video below. As you'll see, you get more bang on the plunges than hitting the helipad shot.

#1915 4 years ago

Joining the club soon! Jumping in to keep tabs on the club thread.

#1916 4 years ago

Joined the club Monday (pro). Only my 2nd NIB Stern.

20190930_204300 (resized).jpg20190930_204300 (resized).jpg
#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Got the moving helicopter blades from Mezel Mods today. It looked like it would be an easy install, but the hex post attached to the stock blades won't just unscrew from the bottom. Had to take the whole damn ramp and plastics off. Jesus, Stern, you lock down this part but the post in from of the upper flipper goes loose after getting hit a few times? SMH. Anyway, had to tweak it a bit with clips and bends to the wires, but got it working. Made a video below. As you'll see, you get more bang on the plunges than hitting the helipad shot.

Thanks for sharing.

#1918 4 years ago

The Shaker integration is fantastic on the Pre/LE .

If you have a pro without a shaker motor go get one!!! Must have.

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Which shaker ? Stern or pinball life?

#1920 4 years ago

Have the Stern one, works just fine!

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which shaker ? Stern or pinball life?

Go Stern.. You will love it. Make sure you are on maximal in the setting!

#1922 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Go Stern.. You will love it. Make sure you are on maximal in the setting!

149? Any place cheaper. Was hoping Pin life one was just as good

#1923 4 years ago

Best shaker integration since sparky frying..
not always a fan but works well here

#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I had a shaker ordered and delivered right along with my Pro. It's been installed since game 1. My shaker was from cointaker. $99 and ot works wonderfully.

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have the pinball life shaker in mine and it’s been working flawlessly.

Half the cost and working just fine. Buy with confidence.

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

PBL has Stern one for $99

So does Pinballpro.net

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#1927 4 years ago

I posted this in the LE forum, but as an FYI to owners: I recently discovered the color of a RESCUE insert to be wrong. It's particularly problematic with the ruleset in this game to have one of them a different color. I wouldn't have thought to check something like that. Apparently, another owner may have the same issue. You may want to double check yours!

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I posted this in the LE forum, but as an FYI to owners: I recently discovered the color of a RESCUE insert to be wrong.

Saw that man. I’m sure this is not what you had in mind when buying an LE. Hope Stern works with you to remedy it.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Saw that man. I’m sure this is not what you had in mind when buying an LE. Hope Stern works with you to remedy it.

Yes sorry to hear, sounds like your edition is a very limited edition, but not in the way you’d like.

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had a shaker ordered and delivered right along with my Pro. It's been installed since game 1. My shaker was from cointaker. $99 and ot works wonderfully.

What ever shaker works just put one in and enjoy!!

T-Rex Chase is great and it a nice jolt when you hit the GMC truck a long with much more integration.. Nice job Stern.

#1931 4 years ago

Is there a timer on the LCD screen for the 2x multiplier? I see one for T-Rex and one for Pteranodon, but I don't see one when the big 2x multiplier insert by the raptor pen is lit to show how much time is left on it. Maybe I'm just missing it?

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Premium doesn't come with shaker either. Only LE.

#1933 4 years ago

Anyone have preferred strategies on playing? I've been focusing on getting a paddock started and then trying to bring a T-Rex event or a multiball into it. Is it better to just focus on the T-Rex events and multiballs? I haven't found a way to get the most out of Pteranodon with it all either.

#1934 4 years ago

Ok, think I’ve found the best Dinosaur mod with real dragon flame thrower......

https://www.facebook.com/2171736129546268/posts/2266055100114370?sfns=mo

7D609848-1A5F-4280-9EFF-83FF9CD48E01 (resized).png7D609848-1A5F-4280-9EFF-83FF9CD48E01 (resized).png
#1935 4 years ago

my Insert light is white. So that’s the wrong color?

71BB5769-36CE-4FD4-A5FA-9F4431F4F887 (resized).jpeg71BB5769-36CE-4FD4-A5FA-9F4431F4F887 (resized).jpeg
#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

my Insert light is white. So that’s the wrong color?[quoted image]

The ESCAPE insert is supposed to be white. Was that what you were referring to in your picture?

EDIT: On Stern’s website, the prototype models had aqua colored inserts for the ESCAPE inlays. Maybe a change from the prototype, because mine are white.

hawkmoon77 was referring to a RESCUE insert that was installed clear instead of orange.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/21#post-5239195

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

my Insert light is white. So that’s the wrong color?[quoted image]

I've only seen white ESCAPE inserts. Not that I care really, because it is a fairly innocuous light.

One (and only one) of my RESCUE inserts are white (on the most major ramp, no less). It dramatically affects gameplay.

I was actually thinking of changing the LED under the ESCAPE light to blue or green. It'd be more intuitive given the rules and other use of white inserts. But all mods are on hold until I resolve the major issues with Stern.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I've only seen white ESCAPE inserts. Not that I care really, because it is a fairly innocuous light.
One (and only one) of my RESCUE inserts are white (on the most major ramp, no less). It dramatically affects gameplay.
I was actually thinking of changing the LED under the ESCAPE light to glue or green. It'd be more intuitive given the rules and other use of white inserts. But all mods are on hold until I resolve the major issues with Stern.

I'd be damned annoyed at that too but how does it "dramatically" affect the gameplay? In any case you may want to get used to it being a different color because whether you slip a red gel under the insert or switch out the LED to red... it won't match the red of the other inserts. And having that one off-red insert between the others would bug me. Maybe you'll get lucky with a gel or a swap and it'll be close.

But any color would be less disruptive than that huge white insert. Good luck with it.

#1939 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'd be damned annoyed at that too but how does it "dramatically" affect the gameplay?

It's not like a multiplier light or whatever. The main ruleset of the game is to save the staff before the dinosaurs gets to them. Visually, the staff is represented by the red diamond lights. It not only takes me out of the game to focus on a different color that is incorrectly supposed to be the staff, but even though I know about it, I constaintly overlook it.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The ESCAPE insert is supposed to be white. Was that what you were referring to in your picture?
EDIT: On Stern’s website, the prototype models had aqua colored inserts for the ESCAPE inlays. Maybe a change from the prototype, because mine are white.
hawkmoon77 was referring to a RESCUE insert that was installed clear instead of orange.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/21#post-5239195

Oh right. The Escape is white. The Rescue is what I hear might be wrong. That would be annoying.

#1941 4 years ago

For those who may not have heard of Project Pinball, they are currently raffling off a JP premium. 200 tickets. Almost halfway sold out. Proceeds go toward the best cause. Kids. Check it out.
(You can actually choose any Stern premium currently available)
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/jurassicparkpremium-pinballmachineraffle

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

But any color would be less disruptive than that huge white insert. Good luck with it.

That insert isn't super bright like that picture suggests, its fine.

#1943 4 years ago

Paid the balance on my LE today and got to play a Pro for the first time.

I haven't enjoyed a new release like this in a very long time!

#1944 4 years ago

Which green post sleeves look best on JP2

#1945 4 years ago

I used Super Bands

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I used Super Bands

Pinball life ?

#1947 4 years ago

So I was having an issue with auto launch and plunging the ball where they ball would miss the horseshoe about 20 to 30 percent of the time. It was driving me crazy! I adjusted the coil strength, and the launch bracket. Neither fixed this issue. The ball was going to the left and slamming into the left side of the horseshoe ramp. I was determined to fix it today so I unscrewed the 2 screws holding down the metal shooter lane and bent up the left side. Then screwed down the right screw all the way and the left screw about 90% down. That keeps the ball on the right side and after about 5 games (so far) it’s hit the horseshoe ramp 100% of the time. Hope this helps someone.

FE95CD8E-E0F2-4CCA-80CB-DF921472A615 (resized).jpegFE95CD8E-E0F2-4CCA-80CB-DF921472A615 (resized).jpeg
#1948 4 years ago

@22troy: I’m having a similar issue and tried a number of different remedies. Including adjusting the coil strength and trying to straighten the auto launch fork prongs so the ball would rest evenly.

Unfortunately, neither of the above resulted in a high percentage of complete shots around the horseshoe with the auto plunger. However, my manual plunger is virtually perfect.
Was your manual plunger working properly before you raised up the left side of that metal shooter lane piece?

I’m still not convinced my auto launch is perfectly aligned or I may have possibly bent one of the forks too much.
Regardless, I may eventually also try your fix if adjusting the fork prongs doesn’t work.

Thanks for posting.

#1949 4 years ago

My manual plunger and auto launch were both messed up. I changed the springs as well and still wouldn’t hit the horseshoe 100%. After adjusting the metal shooter lane both work every time for me. I know results can vary, but this is the only thing that’s worked for me. I took a slow motion video of the ball launch and saw that the ball was veering to the left on the launch before my fix.

#1950 4 years ago

That’s a good idea to take a slow motion video of the issue.

I’m going to do this as well to see if the ball is veering off to one direction.
Since my manual plunger seems fine, not sure if my issue is quite the same.

Regardless, thanks again for posting and I’m looking forward to seeing if this could help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.99
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,283 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/39?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.