(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 426.
#1851 4 years ago

SDTM has a new show that reviews JP2. A lot of your questions are addressed there.

#1852 4 years ago

Anyone know best place to order the amber shooter rod with LEDs? Little shop of games has it for $140, which seems high...

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

SDTM has a new show that reviews JP2. A lot of your questions are addressed there.

I still prefer to think of it as JP3. Especially sandwiched between BK3 and Elvira3. (I know they dont use those acronyms either but they should)

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone know best place to order the amber shooter rod with LEDs? Little shop of games has it for $140, which seems high...

I haven't seen it elsewhere. Little shop of games is owned by a great guy and I've had terrific experiences there, if it helps. Perhaps when it is more readily available, it will come down a bit.

#1855 4 years ago

Then people can start clamoring for HS3 and Afm3

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I ordered it from little shop of games when it was still $79.99.

Really hoping Stern gets these made soon so I can install it on my game!

#1857 4 years ago

Could one of the new LE owners, or recent Pro owners (new deliveries) post a pic of the coilstop rivet? I'm very curious to see if that issue has been addressed at the factory, much like the clearcoat issues quietly were. What I noticed on my early pro, the stern coil stops were rounded and almost not riveted completely flat/snug. The pinball life replacements, are almost completely flat (appropriately pressed) rivets.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Also, is the rule-set linear or random? Does the game have the same rule progression every time? Or can you pick what direction or route to go...?

Elwin does not consider the Paddock Modes to be "modes" in the traditional sense. He says they're more like Power Features in Iron Maiden. The Paddock Modes work off of this concept: there are rescues and a dinosaur, save a certain number of rescues, then trap the dinosaur, then visit helipad, then shoot the dinosaur. Both the dinosaur and the rescues move around based on time (and being eaten). There is very little difference between playing them linearly or playing them randomly (except the dinosaurs get faster and more aggressive as you progress, so the guests start getting eaten almost immediately later on). What increases is the difficulty, but otherwise they are all the same.

The uniqueness of modes comes from Control Room Modes and T-Rex Modes. Each of those has its own set of unique rules. Interesting to see what happens with Fossils in future updates...those are more like Soul Shards in Iron Maiden.

It's not necessarily super deep in terms of number of modes, but it's very nuanced because you'll have lots of different things going on at once and you need to prioritize what you're going for. The game continues to open up as you understand more about what is going on.

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Elwin does not consider the Paddock Modes to be "modes" in the traditional sense. He says they're more like Power Features in Iron Maiden. The Paddock Modes work off of this concept: there are rescues and a dinosaur, save a certain number of rescues, then trap the dinosaur, then visit helipad, then shoot the dinosaur. Both the dinosaur and the rescues move around based on time (and being eaten). There is very little difference between playing them linearly or playing them randomly (except the dinosaurs get faster and more aggressive as you progress, so the guests start getting eaten almost immediately later on). What increases is the difficulty, but otherwise they are all the same.
The uniqueness of modes comes from Control Room Modes and T-Rex Modes. Each of those has its own set of unique rules. Interesting to see what happens with Fossils in future updates...those are more like Soul Shards in Iron Maiden.
It's not necessarily super deep in terms of number of modes, but it's very nuanced because you'll have lots of different things going on at once and you need to prioritize what you're going for. The game continues to open up as you understand more about what is going on.

Exactly. Paddocks are like ramps in White water (but cooler).

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

can you pick what direction or route to go...

Yes! When you see the advance paddock light on the left ramp, you'll progress through the paddocks following the direction of the jeep. If you want to go left, make sure the jeep is left. If you want to go right, hit the jeep right, then hit the advance paddock.

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I still prefer to think of it as JP3. Especially sandwiched between BK3 and Elvira3. (I know they dont use those acronyms either but they should)

It kinda should be JP3, right? There was the DE JP, Lost World, now this...

#1862 4 years ago

Anyone heard if "Premium's" are on the line yet?

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Anyone heard if "Premium's" are on the line yet?

My distributor was told that they go on the line the second week of October after a delay to get Elvira started.

#1864 4 years ago

Looks like a mode, smells like a mode, plays like mode.

A mode the paddocks are.

#1865 4 years ago

I'm trying to decide on grabbing a Metallica Pro with a lot of great mods now for a steal of a price, or wait for a JP2 Pro next fall?
Opinions welcome!

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm trying to decide on grabbing a Metallica Pro with a lot of great mods now for a steal of a price, or wait for a JP2 Pro next fall?
Opinions welcome!

Why not get the Met Pro now and enjoy it for a year and then sell it to get a JP2 Pro next Fall? If you're getting a steal of a price, it's doubtful you'd lose much money when it came time to sell.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Opinions welcome!

Metallica is a great game, but it lacks the depth that Jurassic park offers and will offer as code matures.

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Why not get the Met Pro now and enjoy it for a year and then sell it to get a JP2 Pro next Fall? If you're getting a steal of a price, it's doubtful you'd lose much money when it came time to sell.

I know. I thought about that. But it seems Metallica is hard to sell these days. Been watching the market for some time. Tough choice it is!

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Metallica is a great game, but it lacks the depth that Jurassic park offers and will offer as code matures.

We playin the same Metallica?

Game's got great depth, especially on latest code w/ CIU a bigger part of gameplay. JP3 is just as stellar, imho. Both amazing games.

All hail LFS, Lyman Freakin' Sheets!

#1870 4 years ago

double post

ofh4P00 (resized).pngofh4P00 (resized).png
#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Opinions welcome!

I think Metallica in a home environment is one of the best games going for training up your pinball skills. Definitely not a bad idea if you are getting a great deal on it.

In a weird way it kind of reminds me of how JP3 is setup in regards to being able to progress through multiple things at the same time and then having to make split second decisions and switch focus based on the changing variables. Obviously Metallica is a little more ham-fisted and shallow in its presentation compared to JP3 -- but on the foundational level it seems like its inspired Keith's designs.

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I own both and while I agree that JP2 is great, MET is much much deeper than JP2, and probably always will be. Sadly I’ve been neglecting my MET since JP2 got here.

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I own both and while I agree that JP2 is great, MET is much much deeper than JP2, and probably always will be. Sadly I’ve been neglecting my MET since JP2 got here.

I also own both and MET may always be my favorite. But JP2 is damn good.

#1874 4 years ago

Start another forum thread about vs Metallica.
Filtering to owners in an owner thread is getting old.

#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Start another forum thread about vs Metallica.
Filtering to real owners in an owner thread is getting old.

No

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had a sub alligator clipped to my Guardians machine for 6 months or so with no issues. However, I did eventually buy and install a pinnovators board because I was concerned/curious. I am very impressed with the pinnovators product. I immediately noticed more/cleaner bass from my sub. I have since ordered 2 more for my Ripleys, and my Jurrasic. It's only $35, and makes for a safer and cleaner install. Just my 2 cents

Hello Pinside it’s Sandra from Pinnovators here . This is my first Pinside post ☺. lllvjr has always posted for us but I thought I’d give it a whirl.

First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who buys and enjoys our product! A lot of time and effort go into the design of each product we design and we are thankful for everyone who enjoys our products.

I wanted to say a couple of things about our sub kits that may or may not be known but I figured I’d throw it out here.

Why buy one of our sub kits?

Most importantly our subwoofer kits maintain the correct polarity of the subwoofer signal so you don’t short out the signal if you plug two machines into one subwoofer. They also Include amplifier output protection via an attenuator before going into the subwoofer.

It provides a clean plug-and-play solution for people that don’t want to have to hand-build an alligator clip solution. No need to worry about alligator clips falling off your speaker.

Our spike kits also provide stereo output so you can connect your game to an external amplifier.

Our MSPO also provides an isolated output to avoid ground loops when running two machines into one subwoofer.

Our PINsmx also provides 4 ground isolated inputs and is designed to work with our headphone kits.

Also, our pricing is competitive and includes everything you need to get the install done in 10-20 minutes.

#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

While at first this might appear to be OK, if the amplifier has a balanced or differential output (and it probably does) - then I would definitely get what's called a 'balun'. I believe most modern pins have this topology. What this means is the '-' (negative) is not at ground potential anymore. So you could potentially be grounding one side of the amp. Not good!
If it's working, then perhaps the sub might have a balun built in. But for next to no money either get pinnovators circuit or get a balun off of Amazon (don't want to steer sales away from Pinnovators, please support them.), and sleep well at night not worrying about it. Adding a balun is the correct method to convert a balanced output (i.e. the amp) to a single ended or unbalanced input (i.e. the sub or a mixer). Balun stands for BALanced to UNbalanced (duh!).
Some of the older pins (i.e. the 90's), one side of the amp's output is grounded (unbalanced or also called single-ended) - a person should be OK doing that with just wires. Of course, it's a high level signal.
Here's a quick SnipIt from a google search that shows the difference, along with what I use. The Amazon one I had to add clips for the internal sub connection and hook up to the sub or mixer using a RCA connector/cable. I even use them on the older pins to prevent a ground loop issues.
I use a cheapie audio mixer and run multiple pins off of a single sub - but I only play one pin at a time. But they are all turned on.
Edit: I do want to add I haven't looked at pinnovators set up - they might be tapping off at a single-ended point. Don't want to mislead anyone that it truly is a balun setup.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The amplifier chips used on the Stern Spike boards are the same Texas Instruments chip we designed into the JJP WOZ game and its’ output is ground referenced. This ground reference applies to the Spike left and right outputs.

Our sub kit outputs (except for PINsub MS and PINsub MSPO) are all ground referenced and we recommend using a PINsmx when running multiple pins into one subwoofer to keep machines isolated. The PINsmx has a small isolation (or Balun like) transformer on its input to keep the grounds isolated between machines.

The PINsmx is a passive mixer (does not need power) and meets most people’s subwoofer mixing needs (and costs less than a subwoofer!)

Our PINsub MS and PINsub MSPO are generic sub kits and do have an isolation transformer (balun) built-in to make it a more of a universal adapter for any other system that does have a BTL output.

I hope that helps!

#1878 4 years ago

My JP is arriving soon—could anyone recommend mods that have delighted?
I’ve got a shaker and subwoofer ready

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Pro, or otherwise?? Some nice changes to the raptor toy for the pros have been posted. And.....at the risk of being lynched, I'll say you may want to add some additional play field lighting. Some folks, myself included feel the game is a bit dark, but wait and judge for yourself.

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Pro, or otherwise?? Some nice changes to the raptor toy for the pros have been posted. And.....at the risk of being lynched, I'll say you may want to add some additional play field lighting. Some folks, myself included feel the game is a bit dark, but wait and judge for yourself.

curious about raptor changes.

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks like a mode, smells like a mode, plays like mode.
A mode the paddocks are.

I don’t care if people call them modes, but what I do care about is the people who are worried this game isn’t for them because the paddock “modes” progress in the same order every game.

In generally all other games, a mode means, shoot X shot, then shoot Y shot, and finish with shot Z - congrats you are done. Paddocks don’t work like that.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I’ve got most of the mods listed on the MezelMods site installed on my LE.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern

They’re making production (fitting) adjustments to the raptor pen and the raptor tower for the premium/LE machines right now. I’ve also got a Stern amber shooter rod on order, it’s in production, expected sometime in October.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I don’t care if people call them modes, but what I do care about is the people who are worried this game isn’t for them because the paddock “modes” progress in the same order every game.
In generally all other games, a mode means, shoot X shot, then shoot Y shot, and finish with shot Z - congrats you are done. Paddocks don’t work like that.

Baffling post.

First of all, the paddocks do not progress the same time every time. You have a choice in what path you take, and can change the path by switching the truck. You can completely bypass the an entire side or the center of the island if you want to. Several different option for getting to the Visitor Center.

Second, that's exactly how the paddocks work. Shoot X (rescue a worker or two), shoot Y (set the trap), and then shoot Z (capture the dinosaur). There are even qualifying shots to start the modes (spell MAP).

#1884 4 years ago

Dupe.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

curious about raptor changes.

Post #1024 was my raptor replacement pics

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That's interesting, did you change it to 0 or 180? I've had multiple instances of 2-3-4 games hooked up one sub without issue but never thought phase adjustment could affect things.

Pretty sure I had it on 180 and had to switch it to 0.

#1887 4 years ago

Came across this DNA Combo rule sheet when the SDTM guys flashed it for a few seconds during their JP2 review video. I haven't seen this before and think it is a useful reference to know which shot combos result in DNA combos to collect. My wife and I had figured out the Gallimimus one on our own, but it's super helpful knowing all of the other shot combinations that get rewarded in the game. Hope that some of you also find this a helpful resource. To date my strategy on location has been to go for CHAOS but I am curious to see what practicing/achieving some of these does to my average score (which is pathetically low by the way).

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Came across this DNA Combo rule sheet when the SDTM guys flashed it for a few seconds during their JP2 review video. I haven't seen this before and think it is a useful reference to know which shot combos result in DNA combos to collect. My wife and I had figured out the Gallimimus one on our own, but it's super helpful knowing all of the other shot combinations that get rewarded in the game. Hope that some of you also find this a helpful resource. To date my strategy on location has been to go for CHAOS but I am curious to see what practicing/achieving some of these does to my average score (which is pathetically low by the way).[quoted image]

Need this marked as a key post

#1889 4 years ago

Going to put that in place of one of the yellow instruction cards!

#1890 4 years ago

Question for the thread readers: I watched the Dead Flip video of the Stern JP gameplay. The opening LCD scenes showed factory set high sccores and initials. One was MDK, which is my game initials. Anyone know who that is? Mike Kyzivat? (Hopefully no copyright infringements showing this...if so I apologize)
SJP (resized).jpgSJP (resized).jpg

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Question for the thread readers: I watched the Dead Flip video of the Stern JP gameplay. The opening LCD scenes showed factory set high sccores and initials. One was MDK, which is my game initials. Anyone know who that is? Mike Kyzivat?

Doesn't look like anybody on the staff listed has those initials. Curious

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Buy one of these and make your own https://www.dinosaurcreations.com/collections/faux-amber/products/crane-fly-amber-egg

#1893 4 years ago

Very cool. I have the pinball life shooter rods that was made to let you design your own handle. How would you mount it ? Small hole then epoxy ?

#1894 4 years ago

Sorry if this has already been posted, has anyone created some Jurassic Free Play cards?
I believe the instruction card already comes in colour.
Thanks!

#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Sorry if this has already been posted, has anyone created some Jurassic Free Play cards?
I believe the instruction card already comes in colour.
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5151222

#1896 4 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the ball launch not shooting through the inverted ramp and feeding back to the right flipper? It seems like it’s hitting into the left side of the ramp and dribbling down the the flippers. Mine misses about 30% of the time. I’ve adjusted the coil strength, but it’s still not 100%.

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool. I have the pinball life shooter rods that was made to let you design your own handle. How would you mount it ? Small hole then epoxy ?

Yes exactly, grind that nub flat, then drill a hole slightly bigger than the shooter rod, then epoxy it on, once its finished I'll post some pics

#1898 4 years ago

@22troy: I’m having the same issue on occasion with the ball auto launching and not shooting through the inverted ramp- hitting the side of the ramp and coming down to the flippers.
Any suggestions from other owners?

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

Has anyone had any issues with the ball launch not shooting through the inverted ramp and feeding back to the right flipper? It seems like it’s hitting into the left side of the ramp and dribbling down the the flippers. Mine misses about 30% of the time. I’ve adjusted the coil strength, but it’s still not 100%.

Quoted from JMK:

22troy: I’m having the same issue on occasion with the ball auto launching and not shooting through the inverted ramp- hitting the side of the ramp and coming down to the flippers.
Any suggestions from other owners?

Yes, indeed. It's a common problem. Its been discussed pretty extensively. Some folks have suggested coil strength adjustment, some have said "align the fingers" on the ball launcher, one guy said he adjusted the horseshoe I believe.... just scroll back through, you'll find it. If you have the same issues with manual plunges, an orange spring will help greatly. I just let my auto launch do whatever.

#1900 4 years ago

Playing tonight I had an instance where the right ramp was lit for both the "A" and the extra ball shots. I made the shot and only got credit for the "A" and had to hit it again for the extra ball instead of getting awarded both for the first shot. Any thoughts on whether or not that's by design or if it's a bug? I hope it's a bug. At my (limited) ability level I need double awards as often as I can get them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

13,200 (OBO)
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/38?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.