(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpg
IMG_4997 (resized).jpg
IMG_4010 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_0232 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4173 (resized).jpg
IMG_9519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5295 (resized).jpeg
eryreyeryery (resized).png
jp (resized).png
IMG_5025 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240430_181943995 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 430.
#19201 8 months ago

You are quite the popular guy aren’t you? Pinside loves you it appears

Pitiful

#19202 8 months ago

I think you are completely out of line, and have no hard evidence to back anything up. You’ve been a wrench in the gears man. Some people just want to rile feathers

#19203 8 months ago

"Pinball1987 is currently ejected from this thread." LOL

#19204 8 months ago

I think I speak for everyone here when I say THANK YOU MODS, I LOVE YOU LONG TIME

#19205 8 months ago

Hey Guys,

I have been going through pretty mcuh this entire thread and just had some questions as some of the posts I was interested are close to three years old and some of the links have died for things I am interested in.

1. I saw where a 7 degree pitch can make the game a little easier/better vs 6.5 is this accurate?
2. I am looking to add some trees and dont want to spend 40 bucks on a few trees. I have seen a few methods any tips/links would be awesome.
3. Would love to add a actual raptor to my pro additon, anyone have a idea of the best one quality wise?
4. Thinking of adding the brachiosaurus from modfather, anyone have this and their thoughts on it?

I am getting better and trying to work my way up the island. I have made it to musuem mayhem and my scores have been ranging in the 250-325K. Not the best but this game is really punishing lol. Thank you for any advice/help.

Flip on

#19206 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

"Pinball1987 is currently ejected from this thread." LOL

Oh boy, I feel bad for whomever is working the Wendy's drive through near him tonight. He's going to have quite the rant about people on the Internet being mean to him again!

#19207 8 months ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Hey Guys,
I have been going through pretty mcuh this entire thread and just had some questions as some of the posts I was interested are close to three years old and some of the links have died for things I am interested in.
1. I saw where a 7 degree pitch can make the game a little easier/better vs 6.5 is this accurate?
2. I am looking to add some trees and dont want to spend 40 bucks on a few trees. I have seen a few methods any tips/links would be awesome.
3. Would love to add a actual raptor to my pro additon, anyone have a idea of the best one quality wise?
4. Thinking of adding the brachiosaurus from modfather, anyone have this and their thoughts on it?
I am getting better and trying to work my way up the island. I have made it to musuem mayhem and my scores have been ranging in the 250-325K. Not the best but this game is really punishing lol. Thank you for any advice/help.
Flip on

1. A lot of it is preference, 6.5 might be a little too slow and some shots may be harder to hit with how the geometry of the flippers would work with the incline. Try 6.8 and adjust accordingly. Personally, I keep JP at 7.0 and most games at 6.8-7.2.

2. Amazon has some cheap tree packs for around $8.99, just go with those. Someone covered their method a little over 5 pages back.

3. The Art of Pinball has a raptor planned. His work is awesome and worth waiting for if you can wait and don't mind spending a little more.

4. Don't own it but it's all personal preference, if you think it looks good and you are fine with the price, go for it!

Just keep grinding, take a few days break every once in a while, and try to see what you're struggling with shots wise and focus on getting those down when you can.

#19208 8 months ago

I think if u can combo all the ramps consistently, ull be in a good place. I get to the visitors center every few coin drops now but i dont know what im doing for scoring.. im just speedrunning paddocks.

#19209 8 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Okay everyone, whew, reading through all of this after speaking with the customer, while laying in bed. Sadly, I have to come on here and defend myself and business yet again, but it is what it is.
Unfortunately when customer called me a couple of hours ago (6:20pm), Nicole and I were at school stadium at child’s sporting event. So I missed the call. Customers texts had not been going through to my phone and only until minutes ago did customer message nicole. She prompted me of the issue customer was having as we are in bed and I immediately contacted customer. We have spoken over the phone, all is good. Customer will get game returned to stern for repair or will receive a new game.
Our apologies that we missed the initial call afterhours and were not able to respond within a couple hours, but all is well and will be well, as it always is, even if it’s money coming out of our pocket. (We have lost a couple grand this week alone due to shipping damage that neither manufacturer or shipper will pay for). Going back to bed. See ya tomorrow pinside.

Glad to see this level of service! And glad to see a 30th getting made right.

I'm waiting for Zach to sell Stranger Things reruns so I can order one!

#19210 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Nothing is supposed to be directly against any cardboard as far as I remember.

My last two Stern NIB came with the bottom side having no packing. Which is bad, mmkay? It drives me nuts that a 250lb $10k device is packed so poorly.

Now that Shipgate is over, anyone care to tell me how to adjust that T-Rex head up and down?

#19211 8 months ago

I don't work for FedEx or any other shipping company, and I don't make excuses for them. However, what I will say is that years ago I worked one summer for a company called Tex-Pack Express in order to earn money for my upcoming honeymoon. Think of it as a regional FedEx type of shipping company. We shipped everything from envelopes to extremely bulky/heavy items that had to be loaded with a forklift. For minimum wage we started unloading freight around 2:00am Mon-Fri and finished loading the delivery trucks around 7:00am. Was one of the worst jobs I ever worked - terrible hours, hot environment, and Sisyphus like feeling every morning when we opened the door on the 50-foot freight trailer we had to unload like we had just done the same grueling work the day before.

All of this to say is that most of the guys I worked with didn't last but a few weeks and they just didn't care about the packages, especially the big heavy freight. I don't think any of us ever read any wording on boxes and forget how many packages we damaged out of lack of caring or not paying attention.

Not making excuses for anyone, but unfortunately it is the reality of shipping large fragile packages/freight across the country that often something will be damaged. Therefore, what matters most is how responsive and responsible the parties are who deal with the freight. While it shouldn't really be the responsibility of the seller (it is the shipping company's fault, after all), those sellers that do take responsibility, spend the time dealing with the issue, and ultimately making things right for the customer should certainly be applauded.

#19212 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't work for FedEx or any other shipping company, and I don't make excuses for them. However, what I will say is that years ago I worked one summer for a company called Tex-Pack Express in order to earn money for my upcoming honeymoon. Think of it as a regional FedEx type of shipping company. We shipped everything from envelopes to extremely bulky/heavy items that had to be loaded with a forklift. For minimum wage we started unloading freight around 2:00am Mon-Fri and finished loading the delivery trucks around 7:00am. Was one of the worst jobs I ever worked - terrible hours, hot environment, and Sisyphus like feeling every morning when we opened the door on the 50-foot freight trailer we had to unload like we had just done the same grueling work the day before.
All of this to say is that most of the guys I worked with didn't last but a few weeks and at best and they just didn't care about the packages, especially the big heavy freight. I don't think any of us ever read any wording on boxes and forget how many packages we damaged out of lack of caring or not paying attention.
Not making excuses for anyone, but unfortunately it is the reality of shipping large fragile packages/freight across the country that often something will be damaged. Therefore, what matters most is how responsive and responsible the parties are who deal with the freight. While it shouldn't really be the responsibility of the seller (it is the shipping company's fault, after all), those sellers that do take responsibility, spend the time dealing with the issue, and ultimately making things right for the customer should certainly be applauded.

My last NIB from Jason at Classic was not delieverd by FEDEX, but the shipping company involved plastered the box with stickers that said "High Claim Item" apparently in an attempt to make everyone touching the pallet understand that this item should be treated differently because it's expensive. I have to say the box arrived exactly like Jason loaded it in Georgia. Not a scuff on it! I am sure a dozen folks touched the box within there routing nodal system, but the stickers 'seemed' to appeal to all of their common sense.

#19214 8 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Bummer!
Standard response from Stern is to use the hair dryer and to gently bend when heated. Pretty sure that came from Pinside...and it assumes someone in your household has flowing locks...
Bright side of having that extra is it's already removed from the game, so blow dry to your heart's content and you don't have to worry about overheating anything else.
This is a great time to interject that not all JP raptors are she/her, and now you can say you have a male and female raptor, because:
[quoted image]

I have a email in to Stern and Dist with photo.... lets see what I get.... pretty disapointing for $90

#19215 8 months ago

I noticed that HEP does this as well, "high claim" and "NO FORK" even though he knows it has to be forked, seems to work.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

My last NIB from Jason at Classic was not delieverd by FEDEX, but the shipping company involved plastered the box with stickers that said "High Claim Item" apparently in an attempt to make everyone touching the pallet understand that this item should be treated differently because it's expensive. I have to say the box arrived exactly like Jason loaded it in Georgia. Not a scuff on it! I am sure a dozen folks touched the box within there routing nodal system, but the stickers 'seemed' to appeal to all of their common sense.

#19216 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I noticed that HEP does this as well, "high claim" and "NO FORK" even though he knows it has to be forked, seems to work.

My Godzilla showed up wet via ArcBest!

PXL_20230313_180441732~3 (resized).jpgPXL_20230313_180441732~3 (resized).jpg
#19217 8 months ago

No way am I taking that one either. Lol

Quoted from AMartin56:My Godzilla showed up wet via ArcBest!
[quoted image]

#19218 8 months ago

No company should ship something like that and be like 'just melt it to fit".

Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have a email in to Stern and Dist with photo.... lets see what I get.... pretty disapointing for $90

#19219 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Certainly not making excuses and I can understand the frustration, but I do get why this could happen. If it was deformed before shipping, then that is certainly on Stern. However, I had a couple of cases a few weeks ago when shipping items to Arizona that they were damaged from the heat (either during transport or sitting out in the sun when delivered). The customers initially thought I had shipped them that way, which would have been ridiculous for me to do so. I basically halted sending things to AZ for a couple of weeks until the extreme heat subsided, and of course made things right for the buyers.

I have no idea what your situation was, but hopefully you can get resolved to your satisfaction.

#19220 8 months ago

If Stern is storing them in an uncooled warehouse in Chicago then they are likely to get like that too. Either way. I put some plastic things in my attic years ago not thinking anything about it. They all looked like that raptor on retrieval. Lol.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Certainly not making excuses and I can understand the frustration, but I do get why this could happen. If it was deformed before shipping, then that is certainly on Stern. However, I had a couple of cases a few weeks ago when shipping items to Arizona that they were damaged from the heat (either during transport or sitting out in the sun when delivered). The customers initially thought I had shipped them that way, which would have been ridiculous for me to do so. I basically halted sending things to AZ for a couple of weeks until the extreme heat subsided.
I have no idea what your situation was, but hopefully you can get resolved to your satisfaction.

#19221 8 months ago

Did I hear on one of the JP threads that one of the mod makers (Lior?) is making a more stable replacement for the Raptor? Seems pretty straight forward in concept, but it DOES have moving parts, so needs a bit more than a one-piece resin cast. Am I remembering this correctly?

#19222 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If Stern is storing them in an uncooled warehouse in Chicago then they are likely to get like that too. Either way. I put some plastic things in my attic years ago not thinking anything about it. They all looked like that raptor on retrieval. Lol.

That softer thermo plastic and vinyl casts really don't hold up over time. I am surprised that Stern never thought about that for the raptor.

#19223 8 months ago

So sorry to read all of you have had to babysit 1987 lately. After many complaints it seems his thread creating abilities were stripped and he mostly lives here now asking you guys to answer questions he could answer himself (missing nut - P/N in the JP manual, ordered wrong Titan rings - sizes and quantities in the JP manual) and randomly summoning SantaEatsCheese for no reason.

I don't know what he even said on the last page but a ton of posts are deleted. I'll guess he wanted Zach to tell his son to walk home from his sporting event because he had to abandon parenting duties to address an urgent cardboard box issue that couldn't wait.

I don't even think it's a troll account. I think it's just some dude who keeps proving he probably needs help... and less Pinside.

#19224 8 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

and he mostly lives here now asking you guys to answer questions he could answer himself (missing nut - P/N in the JP manual, ordered wrong Titan rings - sizes and quantities in the JP manual) and randomly summoning SantaEatsCheese for no reason.

You can add vaguely threatening PMs to the list

#19225 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Update Stern is shipping a replacement and will inspect prior to shipping.

And yes Lior is supposed to be working on a whole new left side for JP.. my wallet is quivering .....

#19226 8 months ago

Good deal

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Update Stern is shipping a replacement and will inspect prior to shipping. And yes Lior is supposed to be working on a whole new left side for JP.. my wallett is quivering .....

#19227 8 months ago

Can some folks take a look at their raptor and tell me how it is fastned to the plastic base? Mine had bolts coming from underneath and keeper nut on top... the manual diagram shows bolts on top and keeper nut underneath...

Probably does not matter....just curious...

#19228 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

And yes Lior is supposed to be working on a whole new left side for JP.. my wallet is quivering .....

And back board. Should be interesting to see. Seems like they keep telling you they're busy with other projects though which is unfortunate

#19229 8 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

And back board. Should be interesting to see. Seems like they keep telling you they're busy with other projects though which is unfortunate

I think Lior signed up and announced that he is now offically creating the playfield toys for one of the non-Stern manufacturers (Update: Dutch). He may be busy with that work for his 'employer's next machines, so any other new mods (incl raptor) may be just a sketch on the back of a cocktail napkin still...

#19230 8 months ago

Mine is nuts on top.

Quoted from JMCFAN:Can some folks take a look at their raptor and tell me how it is fastned to the plastic base? Mine had bolts coming from underneath and keeper nut on top... the manual diagram shows bolts on top and keeper nut underneath...

#19231 8 months ago

I think Lior signed up and announced that he is now offically creating the playfield toys for one of the non-Stern manufacturers (Spooky?). He may be busy with that work for his 'employer's next machines, so any other new mods (incl raptor) may be just a sketch on the back of a cocktail napkin still...

That would be Dutch Pinball’s The Big Lebowski, besides the playfield items they would also release some mods/extra’s.

#19232 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mine is nuts on top.

Diagram shows different...

ra (resized).jpgra (resized).jpg
#19233 8 months ago

Mine nut is on top also. Wondering if diagram on the assembly floor was opposite or if someone just didn't follow the specs.

#19234 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mine nut is on top also. Wondering if diagram on the assembly floor was opposite or if someone just didn't follow the specs.

Not sure....for reassembly I think the screw on top may be easier. Both screws fell below when taking nut off....not easy to retrieve....lol

#19235 8 months ago

I just went through the process of fixing my raptor and its good to go now.

The mounting screws go in from the bottom up. The screw for the left side is right on the playfield rail and if you were to put the nut underneath, the plastic by that screw would sit up about a 1/4 inch.

20230922_192416 (resized).jpg20230922_192416 (resized).jpg
#19236 8 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I just went through the process of fixing my raptor and its good to go now.
The mounting screws go in from the bottom up. The screw for the left side is right on the playfield rail and if you were to put the nut underneath, the plastic by that screw would sit up about a 1/4 inch.

Awesome thanks!

#19237 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mine is nuts on top.

My nuts are underneath. Probably easier to sit with your nuts on top.

#19238 8 months ago

At least you know where yours are, about half these guys on pinside can't find them because their wives hid them in their purse.

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

My nuts are underneath. Probably easier to sit with your nuts on top.

#19239 8 months ago

Update to my unreliable machine post from earlier.

I don't know if this will ultimately resolve my random node board drop outs but I found this debris jammed up into this hole. It was trapped in there up against another socket and had to be fished out with a magnet tool. Couldn't even see it without a flashlight. Was likely intermittently grounding the GI socket in that hole to a metal ball guide.

If this resolves my four month issue I'm not sure if I should be relieved or even more annoyed that a GI short can bring the mighty Spike 2 system to its knees. The playfield has probably been up about thirty times troubleshooting this and it never rattled out?

PXL_20230922_210128130.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230922_210128130.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230922_210239537 (resized).jpgPXL_20230922_210239537 (resized).jpg
#19240 8 months ago

So an unattached gi socket and bulb was up in a random hole?

Quoted from AMartin56:Update to my unreliable machine post from earlier.
I don't know if this will ultimately resolve my random node board drop outs but I found this debris jammed up into this hole. It was trapped in there up against another socket and had to be fished out with a magnet tool. Couldn't even see it without a flashlight. Was likely intermittently grounding the GI socket in that hole to a metal ball guide.
If this resolves my four month issue I'm not sure if I should be relieved or even more annoyed that a GI short can bring the mighty Spike 2 system to its knees. The playfield has probably been up about thirty times troubleshooting this and it never rattled out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#19241 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

So an unattached gi socket and bulb was up in a random hole?

Yes. Apparently causing node board drop outs. #FML

#19242 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Can some folks take a look at their raptor and tell me how it is fastned to the plastic base? Mine had bolts coming from underneath and keeper nut on top... the manual diagram shows bolts on top and keeper nut underneath...

Mine is actually on the bottom like the schematic.

I got mine this year NIB.

#19243 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Mine is actually on the bottom like the schematic.
I got mine this year NIB.

My JP Prem (NIB earlier this year) has the raptor hold down nuts on top. A few weeks ago I tried removing the nuts, but the screw heads on the underside of the plastic just rotated with every turn of the nuts, so the plastic must be removed to remove the raptor. It looked like a lot of work removing things to get the raptor removed so I deferred this project until I'm more motivated.

#19244 8 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

My JP Prem (NIB earlier this year) has the raptor hold down nuts on top. A few weeks ago I tried removing the nuts, but the screw heads on the underside of the plastic just rotated with every turn of the nuts, so the plastic must be removed to remove the raptor. It looked like a lot of work removing things to get the raptor removed so I deferred this project until I'm more motivated.

I got the nuts off... screws fell into the assembly... not easy to retrive.....

#19245 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Update to my unreliable machine post from earlier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s where they store the factory supplied spare bulb! You found it! (Just kidding)

#19246 8 months ago

Not sure if they’ll be back in stock, but just in case anyone was trying to get one of those Matchbox Helicopters for the spinner helicopter mod that Mr_Tantrum used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U56X0OC

Not an affiliate link

#19247 8 months ago

That’s where they store the factory supplied spare bulb! You found it! (Just kidding)

Apparently I spoke too soon. It's back to acting possessed. I guess I'll see what Stern says on Monday.

#19248 8 months ago

Suck. Sorry dude.

Quoted from AMartin56:Apparently I spoke too soon. It's back to acting possessed. I guess I'll see what Stern says on Monday.

#19249 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Not sure if they’ll be back in stock, but just in case anyone was trying to get one of those Matchbox Helicopters for the spinner helicopter mod that Mr_Tantrum used.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U56X0OC
Not an affiliate link

I’m still looking for one, must have just missed it!

#19250 8 months ago

Did a little decorating today

IMG_0281 (resized).pngIMG_0281 (resized).pngIMG_0282 (resized).pngIMG_0282 (resized).pngIMG_0283 (resized).pngIMG_0283 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Delray Beach, FL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 21,454 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 430.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/385?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.