(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 424.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

playing great out of the box except for the instruction card. May just leave it this way.
I really should have done a better job in 10th grade Spanish.
[quoted image]

How does that happen that the language is totally different? Was the box labelled for a different country?

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

playing great out of the box except for the instruction card. May just leave it this way.
I really should have done a better job in 10th grade Spanish.
[quoted image]

There's nothing wrong. It's a JP game and Spanish is the main language in Costa Rica.

#1803 4 years ago

Played 5 games on my new LE. This is the best layout on any pinball ever. #1 easily. It’s mind Blowingly good.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Seems to be a lot for me. Very interactive, unlike some titles. T-REX chase is a good example....you feel him walking at different speeds.

Which shaker motor is best. I hated the red tremor. I prefer more of soft rumble like Houdini. Pinball life? Stern?

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Which shaker motor is best. I hated the red tremor. I prefer more of soft rumble like Houdini. Pinball life? Stern?

Both of my motors came from cointaker. Not sure what brand they were. But I would definitely describe them as a soft rumble. My only complaint is the bolts that came included were a bit short, I bought longer ones.

#1806 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Both Pinball Life and Stern one are good. I prefer getting the actual Stern one.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-factory-authorized-shaker-motor-kit-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#1807 4 years ago

That must be what cointaker sells as well. Mine look just like that. It appears Pinball Life has the better price though

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

How does that happen that the language is totally different? Was the box labelled for a different country?

No, card just flipped over wrong.
Easily remedied, English on other side.

This was Nedry’s doing...

#1809 4 years ago

Was getting rejected shots on the T-REX ramp, even when they were perfect going up. Also loud and clanking shots from the upper flipper to the Raptor Tower ramp. Turned down the power settings on all 3 flippers, and the shots are much nicer now...almost butter smooth. I set mine to 220. Your machine may be slightly different, but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

#1810 4 years ago

I just discovered that you control how you drive through the island and advance on the paddocks to the visitor center! It's so neat.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Was getting rejected shots on the T-REX ramp, even when they were perfect going up. Also loud and clanking shots from the upper flipper to the Raptor Tower ramp. Turned down the power settings on all 3 flippers, and the shots are much nicer now...almost butter smooth. I set mine to 220. Your machine may be slightly different, but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

Very cool. Where do most of you have your level set ?

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

but I think the stock 255 is too strong for JP.

I think it depends on pitch, I set the back legs pretty high as I enjoy faster gameplay and with the default flipper setting never had an issue. The orange spring on the other hand has worked very well to eliminate rejects on the plunge.

#1813 4 years ago

adding a polk sub....are people still alligator clipping to exiting sub or is a method like pinnovaters Stern spike sub board safer?

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

adding a polk sub....are people still alligator clipping to exiting sub or is a method like pinnovaters Stern spike sub board safer?

I had a sub alligator clipped to my Guardians machine for 6 months or so with no issues. However, I did eventually buy and install a pinnovators board because I was concerned/curious. I am very impressed with the pinnovators product. I immediately noticed more/cleaner bass from my sub. I have since ordered 2 more for my Ripleys, and my Jurrasic. It's only $35, and makes for a safer and cleaner install. Just my 2 cents

#1815 4 years ago

Pinnovators sounds better to me.

#1816 4 years ago

Had both (clips and pinnovators).

No difference at all

Save your money

#1817 4 years ago

I like to play my games in the dark, have lost a few balls on the black out scenes on JP, hope this gets changed in code updates, I can see a change in lighting, but play field should never go totally out

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Can anyone confirm what LED’s are being used for the ball guids and slings? Love the natural color, doesn’t look off like others I’ve seen. At work for the next 16hr and trying to place an order. Thanks!

I am nearly certain those are (the Comet Pinball equivalent of) frosted 2smd bulbs in warm white.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have an external sub that I’ve had Deadpool and Maiden hooked up to simultaneously with speaker wire and alligator clips. However, if I swap one of those with Jurassic Park, I get a ton of feedback through the sub when the game is off.

JP is the problem, not the other games. Not sure why though. Curious if anyone else has this issue.

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I like to play my games in the dark, have lost a few balls on the black out scenes on JP, hope this gets changed in code updates, I can see a change in lighting, but play field should never go totally out

I love that and hope its doesn't change, I play in the dark as well its a great little scare during gameplay.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

JP is the problem, not the other games. Not sure why though. Curious if anyone else has this issue.

Are all games on same outlet, and sharing the same ground?

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I have an external sub that I’ve had Deadpool and Maiden hooked up to simultaneously with speaker wire and alligator clips. However, if I swap one of those with Jurassic Park, I get a ton of feedback through the sub when the game is off.

When you share a sub like this you can't have both games on correct for it to work? Meaning you play one while the other is off?

#1823 4 years ago

I have the Polk10 external sub and run two pins hooked up at the same time. I also have had one pin off while playing the other and resulted in no feedback either way. I do have the the speaker wires attached to the sub onto two separate circuits. Pins in use are GOTG and TZ.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I have the Polk10 external sub and run two pins hooked up at the same time. I also have had one pin off while playing the other and resulted in no feedback either way. I do have the the speaker wires attached to the sub onto two separate circuits. Pins in use are GOTG and TZ.

Yep, I would think two is the max on separate circuits, unless you get the sub mixer thing:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

pinmix (resized).pngpinmix (resized).png
#1825 4 years ago

Just got news that LEs should be hitting Canada very soon!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

#1826 4 years ago

I got the Stern one included with my Pro, it seems to rattle a bunch. Has that been the case for you with other Stern shakers?

#1827 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I love that and hope its doesn't change, I play in the dark as well its a great little scare during gameplay.

I agree, this the cause of most of my wife’s drains and she gets quite worked up over it. It would be cool if emergency lighting was on, but just barely. I love the effects that make me feel like a thunderstorm is happening

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

I got the Stern one included with my Pro, it seems to rattle a bunch. Has that been the case for you with other Stern shakers?

I have used both the Stern and the PBL ones and both were fine for me. Is it the cover that is rattling?

#1829 4 years ago

I have the PBL shaker and love it!

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just got news that LEs should be hitting Canada very soon!!!
Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

It's about time

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I had the same issue with BM66, switching the phase adjustment fixed it.

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Nice to know!

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

That's interesting, did you change it to 0 or 180? I've had multiple instances of 2-3-4 games hooked up one sub without issue but never thought phase adjustment could affect things.

#1834 4 years ago

Launch Party at Logan Arcade :

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That's interesting, did you change it to 0 or 180? I've had multiple instances of 2-3-4 games hooked up one sub without issue but never thought phase adjustment could affect things.

Changed mine on StarWars to about 135 deg, while the screw doesn't have a indent on the motor shaft, tightening down the allen wrench screw still allows for straight travel for the flyweight during rotation. I found 180 to be almost non existent shake...and 90 was still too much. Which Stern could code some intensity settings into the motors rather than just duration/frequency

#1836 4 years ago

one of the podcasts today (head 2 head maybe?) mentioned that keith linked a bunch of images outlining strategy and such with the JP ruleset. has anybody seen these? i've only been able to find the dino paddock traits/perks graphic on tiltforums

fa7f9d6a5936bc49e2de1186044637050f5f0d52 (resized).jpegfa7f9d6a5936bc49e2de1186044637050f5f0d52 (resized).jpeg
#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Launch Party at Logan Arcade :

Logan’s is a cool Barchade! Visited last year. I’m quite jealous I wasn’t there

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Changed mine on StarWars to about 135 deg, while the screw doesn't have a indent on the motor shaft, tightening down the allen wrench screw still allows for straight travel for the flyweight during rotation. I found 180 to be almost non existent shake...and 90 was still too much. Which Stern could code some intensity settings into the motors rather than just duration/frequency

So how do you adjust? Loosen set screw and rotate flywheel ?

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

one of the podcasts today (head 2 head maybe?) mentioned that keith linked a bunch of images outlining strategy and such with the JP ruleset. has anybody seen these? i've only been able to find the dino paddock traits/perks graphic on tiltforums[quoted image]

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Jurassic-Perks.pdf

Has the DNA combos and the park guide.

#1840 4 years ago

“hmm..should I read this very useful map or keep flailing around aimlessly like I’ve been doing?”

#1841 4 years ago

What a Brilliant Rule Set!! Love the DNA Combo Rules!

#1842 4 years ago

Raptor layers:

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

While at first this might appear to be OK, if the amplifier has a balanced or differential output (and it probably does) - then I would definitely get what's called a 'balun'. I believe most modern pins have this topology. What this means is the '-' (negative) is not at ground potential anymore. So you could potentially be grounding one side of the amp. Not good!

If it's working, then perhaps the sub might have a balun built in. But for next to no money either get pinnovators circuit or get a balun off of Amazon (don't want to steer sales away from Pinnovators, please support them.), and sleep well at night not worrying about it. Adding a balun is the correct method to convert a balanced output (i.e. the amp) to a single ended or unbalanced input (i.e. the sub or a mixer). Balun stands for BALanced to UNbalanced (duh!).

Some of the older pins (i.e. the 90's), one side of the amp's output is grounded (unbalanced or also called single-ended) - a person should be OK doing that with just wires. Of course, it's a high level signal.

Here's a quick SnipIt from a google search that shows the difference, along with what I use. The Amazon one I had to add clips for the internal sub connection and hook up to the sub or mixer using a RCA connector/cable. I even use them on the older pins to prevent a ground loop issues.

I use a cheapie audio mixer and run multiple pins off of a single sub - but I only play one pin at a time. But they are all turned on.

Edit: I do want to add I haven't looked at pinnovators set up - they might be tapping off at a single-ended point. Don't want to mislead anyone that it truly is a balun setup.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I believe one of you is asking about subwoofer phase, and the other is describing how to adjust shaker motor intensity

#1845 4 years ago

I don't think it matters how many pins you hook up to a sub through a mixer, within reason. When you listen to music through a sub, you're getting low end information from multiple instruments at the same time.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I believe one of you is asking about subwoofer phase, and the other is describing how to adjust shaker motor intensity

Oops, I'm a dork, was reading a thread about the shakers then saw the 0 - 180 phase and just vomited it a bunch of non pertinent crap... Whoops my bad... ( Walks away embarrassed)

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I don't think it matters how many pins you hook up to a sub through a mixer, within reason. When you listen to music through a sub, you're getting low end information from multiple instruments at the same time.

I initially had 5 pins on one sub and a mixer, only issue was that you could really tell the sub was too far away despite being low frequency and centered under the pins. I had another spare sub, so I just added that to the mixer, and spaced them apart. With two it sounded fine w/respect to not sounding like the sub was too far away.

Got this guy at Sweetwater for about $80 (demo, but spotless). Thought it would be fun to play around w/the special effects. So-so w/respect to the special effects, but it was fun experimenting.

We only play one pin at a time, so can't comment about others playing at the same time. But it sure makes the pins ALOT more fun, doesn't it? A lot of excellent sounds hidden in the pins and they really come to life w/a sub.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1849 4 years ago

90% sure that I will be purchasing a NIB JP Pro at the upcoming York Show. Does JP hold up well for home use? Also, is the rule-set linear or random? Does the game have the same rule progression every time? Or can you pick what direction or route to go...? Just a couple questions to be at 100% sure.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

90% sure that I will be purchasing a NIB JP Pro at the upcoming York Show. Does JP hold up well for home use? Also, is the rule-set linear or random? Does the game have the same rule progression every time? Or can you pick what direction or route to go...? Just a couple questions to be at 100% sure.

Holds up great for home use in my opinion. The game is somewhat linear, but theres so much to do, and so many options, it doesnt seem linear. Kind of a hybrid. Someone more familiar with the rules will probably elaborate on it further. But, it's super fun, and I think mine will be in my home for a very long time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/37?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.