(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,790 posts
  • 1,427 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by GCS2000
  • Topic is favorited by 786 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4294 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1530 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1526 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
20240717_060606 (resized).jpg
20240717_060522 (resized).jpg
IMG_1155_edited (resized).jpeg
IMG_1152_edited (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240711_142951357 (resized).jpg
IMG_4089 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0812 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 436.
#18651 10 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Finally got to play the new code. Love it! The new callouts, the nerdy save and the adjusted control room modes make this game even better. Finally virus attack is worth playing, great risk reward of how many shots you want to hit before the collect at the control room. Got 233 million on it the first time I played it, previous best was 99 million. Anyone know how high this mode can go now? I hit all the shots once before the first collect but the second two collects I didn’t hit as many as I had 2x running and didn’t want to miss the collect. It had gotten to the point I only selected virus attack as the last one or if I was really focused on a paddock like TREX or Spinosaurs and was going to ignore it anyway.

I didn't know that Mr. Petermen from Seinfeld did some of callouts in the game. " Why would Nedry do this".

#18652 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

YO, a little SOS here..FEDEX LOST MY JP30th..yes, they literally lost my NIB JP30th..was going to be delivered here (In WA State) this last Monday, and now it's a different story. Just a $13K box, lol. SO, if anyone in the PNW catches wind of a JP30th floating around, I'd be interested in hearing about it..it's most likely that it got thrown on a different truck, but I don't trust typical situations these days..

I'm thinking someone in this thread is a FedEx Freight driver and you're on their route.

#18653 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Oh did you make the drive for beltking's in North Canton? I did the math one, was about 11hrs for me, his price was great.

Thanks sold to guy near Columbus so 2 hrs. Had 4 wanting it but he did a deposit and needed to make sure sale was final since I had to pay for 30th.

#18654 10 months ago

Maybe time for every box to get and apple AirTag.

#18655 10 months ago

Beltking

#18656 10 months ago

Just Karl doing Karl things, all Dino’s, DNAs Fossils and When Dinosaurs Rules the Earth for good Measure.

#18657 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just Karl doing Karl things, all Dino’s, DNAs Fossils and When Dinosaurs Rules the Earth for good Measure.

It’s amazing the level of skill. I can barely survive 3 dinos lol

#18658 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Masterful

#18659 10 months ago

Streaming some Co-Op tonight on the latest code if anyone wants to stop in!

https://www.twitch.tv/pocketholeshot

#18660 10 months ago

Who makes the real looking helicopter mod with spinning blade?

#18661 10 months ago

Beat visitor center for the first time tonight! What a rush, I love this game.

#18662 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

YO, a little SOS here..FEDEX LOST MY JP30th..yes, they literally lost my NIB JP30th..was going to be delivered here (In WA State) this last Monday, and now it's a different story. Just a $13K box, lol. SO, if anyone in the PNW catches wind of a JP30th floating around, I'd be interested in hearing about it..it's most likely that it got thrown on a different truck, but I don't trust typical situations these days..

Same thing happened with mine.
It had hit my local terminal, I had scheduled delivery for the next day. Delivery window passed, I reached out and was put on hold. They managed to track it down and it was apparently loaded on a truck and made it out of state. Luckily they were able to schedule for next day delivery.

Hopefully your missing JP 30th ends up just being a minor delay.

#18663 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

It's absolutely insane how good Karl is - so much fun to watch him play.

#18664 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

It's absolutely insane how good Karl is - so much fun to watch him play.

Insane how good at pinball Karl is. A joy to watch for sure

#18665 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Who makes the real looking helicopter mod with spinning blade?

It’s a DIY using the Matchbox chopper (good luck finding one). Search this forum or maybe the Prem/LE forum for my DIY guide.

#18666 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

It's absolutely insane how good Karl is…

He’s not that great. I can score 1/20th the points in 1/10th the time - much more efficient. Also, while he’s wasting his time playing just one game per hour, I can get 6 - 10 games in. Not to mention, he only gets 3 balls per game while I get 5 (a much better value) . . . amateur! By the way, I never call my shots (this isn't 9-ball). I'm just too humble for such a thing.
IMG_0354.gifIMG_0354.gif

#18667 10 months ago

Looking for a 2015 Matchbox Isla Nublar helicopter to mod my JP LE if anyone has a link or an extra they want to sell. These seem to be sold out everywhere. Shoot me a PM

#18668 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Beat visitor center for the first time tonight! What a rush, I love this game.

How long of a game was it to get there? I havent gotten far but having a blast with this game, best game ever.

#18669 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He’s not that great. I can score 1/20th the points in 1/10th the time - much more efficient. Also, while he’s wasting his time playing just one game per hour, I can get 6 - 10 games in. Not to mention, he only gets 3 balls per game while I get 5 (a much better value) . . . amateur!
[quoted image]

Ha ha these are some excellent points - I am also VERY efficient that way, perhaps we should offer Karl some lessons!

#18670 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looking for a 2015 Matchbox Isla Nublar helicopter to mod my JP LE if anyone has a link or an extra they want to sell. These seem to be sold out everywhere. Shoot me a PM

ebay.com link: itm

You'll have 5 extra sets. I paid $30 for mine

DFW17 is the set you want. Maybe try messaging that seller for a single pack? Keep checking ebay until one pops up

#18671 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

ebay.com link: itm
You'll have 5 extra sets. I paid $30 for mine
DFW17 is the set you want. Maybe try messaging that seller for a single pack? Keep checking ebay until one pops up

Holy cow, 6 sets. I’ll keep searching for a single 2 vehicle pack. Thanks

#18672 10 months ago
Quoted from Arcadecrazy:

Insane how good at pinball Karl is. A joy to watch for sure

And at the same time he’s able to communicate during the stream. It’s remarkable

#18673 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

top player & entertaining to watch, always a pleasure to see & learn with him (as few other guys of course)

#18674 10 months ago

I just got an update from Fedex, only becuase I called again (just now) ..They found it in another service center in WA, and will be delivered sometime next week..so there's still hope left in the Jurrasic World, lol. And just over a week delay, which isn't the end of the world! I'm just glad it didn't get snatched up (and it also being an anniversary ed) .

#18675 10 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Streaming some Co-Op tonight on the latest code if anyone wants to stop in!
https://www.twitch.tv/pocketholeshot

Watched the entire thing. Some super cool new things that were added in this code and wow, what a player!

Although I think they're rad AF, I don't think it's worth upgrading to get rid of the movie code though.

#18676 10 months ago

I am bringing these Jurassic Park speaker light frames to pintastic.
Best with pro or premium with full speaker light kits.

PM for details

shipping also available

Shown with Myth Speaker lights.

JP Speaker frame DPC green (resized).jpgJP Speaker frame DPC green (resized).jpg

Video:

Other frames available:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

playlist for all:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3YNTj7iTMV46SB4MXtvsh8kv6pJ9fIZP

#18677 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I just got an update from Fedex, only becuase I called again (just now) ..They found it in another service center in WA, and will be delivered sometime next week..so there's still hope left in the Jurrasic World, lol. And just over a week delay, which isn't the end of the world! I'm just glad it didn't get snatched up (and it also being an anniversary ed) .

If they really FOUND it somewhere, they would have SCANNED it which you'll see in the record online. Likely you'll be fine, but....

#18678 10 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If they really FOUND it somewhere, they would have SCANNED it which you'll see in the record online. Likely you'll be fine, but....

I'd be curious to find out the play count of the machine after delivery

#18679 10 months ago

I found a nice topper today at a local garden center. It weighs 275 pounds,I hope it's not too heavy?

IMG_20230901_143342044 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143342044 (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143410728_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230901_143410728_HDR (resized).jpg
#18680 10 months ago

Lol

Quoted from ralphs007:

I found a nice topper today at a local garden center. It weighs 275 pounds,I hope it's not too heavy?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#18681 10 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I'd be curious to find out the play count of the machine after delivery

lol, ...from the other room...."hmmm, honey, these staples don't look very seated into the cardboard"

#18682 10 months ago

Time to play "Where's the ball" (it's not in the T-Rex)

PXL_20230901_205056275 (resized).jpgPXL_20230901_205056275 (resized).jpg

#18683 10 months ago

Up behind the raptor is my guess.

#18684 10 months ago

Oh peppercorn, stuck on top of the T. rex entrance ? Mine did that last evening.

#18685 10 months ago

There is someone here on this forum and more specifically in this thread that has been making a replacement plastic piece that blocks that area, fairly insvisibly...if you read up a few or 8 pages you can probably find them.

Quoted from splickety_lit:

[quoted image]

#18686 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Up behind the raptor is my guess.

Lol that’s almost always been the answer whenever this question is posted in the JP forum. And yep it’s there under the tail.

#18687 10 months ago

30-th arrived today, went to turn it on, nothing on the screen, no sound either, but I have multiple red leds lit, but nothing on the play field. Crazy how games aren’t tested before leaving the Factory. So I guess I will be searching for a loose connection. Fun Fun

#18688 10 months ago
71526966459__A33A2876-7472-447F-B35D-ED14E79983F4 (resized).jpeg71526966459__A33A2876-7472-447F-B35D-ED14E79983F4 (resized).jpeg71529542957__39DF976E-B194-4913-9E00-591A0C1F8DD5 (resized).jpeg71529542957__39DF976E-B194-4913-9E00-591A0C1F8DD5 (resized).jpeg
#18689 10 months ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

That's how you know the velociraptor is female - she lays silver eggs.

#18690 10 months ago

Hey guys - apologies if this is already posted. I got my 30th LE this week. I noticed the post is very different than the pro model I originally had - the one near the upper flipper. I know Cliffy makes a protector for this spot, with the new design is a cliffy still necessary in this section? Happy to install it if needed. My pro got chipped pretty bad from the original design and I want this LE to stay pristine

#18691 10 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

30-th arrived today, went to turn it on, nothing on the screen, no sound either, but I have multiple red leds lit, but nothing on the play field. Crazy how games aren’t tested before leaving the Factory. So I guess I will be searching for a loose connection. Fun Fun

Do you have LED indicators ANYWHERE else in the machine? CPU board? Cabinet board? playfield node boards? I am guessing you don't so the problem is very basic connector or a circuit breaker link of thing. Does it CLICK (alot) when you power it on?

#18692 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmarion0913:

Hey guys - apologies if this is already posted. I got my 30th LE this week. I noticed the post is very different than the pro model I originally had - the one near the upper flipper. I know Cliffy makes a protector for this spot, with the new design is a cliffy still necessary in this section? Happy to install it if needed. My pro got chipped pretty bad from the original design and I want this LE to stay pristine

They switched from T-Nut to a threaded shaft and nut on newer builds (or visa versa). Either way, many folks put a wider steel washer under the post (on top of the clearcoat) and keep the nut tight. The wider washer provides a little more support for the post since it takes a beating from the left flipper. Note: you'll want to decide how you want that post and flipper tip positioned. Take a picture of your FACTORY position as a reference point, and then decide how you want it for your machine. I leave the alignment of post to flipper so that the post will contact the ball as it rolls down the flipper, which was how my machine was shipped to me from factory.

#18693 10 months ago

I must say. Markharris is very helpful with issue on these games. Unlike some who are just plain jerks. Mark actually helps with whatever issue there is.

#18695 10 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Mentioned this in the other thread, but check that your SD card is fully seated.

#18696 10 months ago

Just an FYI if you've missed the "on fire" thread we have going for some fun custom "Movie Code".

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-movie-code-updated-amp-available-here-now/page/6#post-7743011

#18698 10 months ago

This feels more like building White Water, but here goes:

Found out that the stock apron screws (2) are only 1/4” which is actually too short. It’s just a turn or two at most into the socket threads and the screws are set, giving the apron very little support. Since the apron is a spot usually handled when lifting the playfield I wanted to make this more secure… and because the stock screws here are cheap I accidentally stripped the end of one (and the end is all that gets threaded…)

Apron Screw (stainless steel replacement pictured):
Apron ScrewApron Screw

Stock screw:
Stock ScrewStock Screw

Stock 1/4” zinc-coated screw compared to a quality 1/2” stainless steel screw from Home Depot
Screw ComparisonScrew Comparison

With the 1/2” replacement screw installed you can see it still barely protrudes the apron, which should tell you how little the stock 1/4” screw supports the apron:
Replacement Screw InstalledReplacement Screw Installed

Highly recommend you swap the two stock screws out for these. They fit great and give your apron much more support.

Also, moved the QR reader from the apron to the coin door. Installed the Premium/LE keep plastic Stern doesn’t include in new builds (was expecting to find it in the goodie bag, but had to order it).

QR ReaderQR Reader

Actually looks more yellow in person, to match the coin slots.

FrontFront

Had to flip the orientation in the installation. PL gives you a 15’ cable to run under the playfield and in the cabinet. Makes it all feel like it’s stock

OrientationOrientation

My Premium is a 2023 build, just FYI

Home Depot SS Apron Screws: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-10-32-x-1-2-in-Phillips-Flat-Head-Stainless-Steel-Machine-Screw-4-Pack-814721/204274840

Coin door kit from PL: https://www.pinballlife.com/insider-connected-coin-door-relocation-kit.html

Enjoy

#18699 10 months ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

Watched the entire thing. Some super cool new things that were added in this code and wow, what a player!
Although I think they're rad AF, I don't think it's worth upgrading to get rid of the movie code though.

Thanks for watching! The stream was a bit of a technical mess and more of a party but still fun. The next one will be a little more straightforward!

#18700 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmarion0913:

Pretty standard last years in Europe to use an playfield protector. Never had any dimples when pf protector is on it. After 5k games the playfield is still brand new. Some folks says it plays different but thats just bs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Harpers Ferry, WV
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wellington, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 436.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.