(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,268 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 426.
#1751 4 years ago

Are all new JPs coming with redesigned art to stop the playfield issues? Or is the redesigned art only on LE?

Sorry if this has been asked before

71859806-6D7E-4FC4-896C-931C37172F0E (resized).jpeg71859806-6D7E-4FC4-896C-931C37172F0E (resized).jpegB7CF4A57-4424-45E4-AECE-664B267DEDB8 (resized).jpegB7CF4A57-4424-45E4-AECE-664B267DEDB8 (resized).jpeg
#1752 4 years ago

LE #332 set up down stairs, all great.

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Are all new JPs coming with redesigned art to stop the playfield issues?

Yes

#1754 4 years ago

And the chipping started. 102 plays

47172C6E-AF08-43B8-BE1D-F28FC2928D7B (resized).jpeg47172C6E-AF08-43B8-BE1D-F28FC2928D7B (resized).jpeg
#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

And the chipping started. 102 plays[quoted image]

Same here. Just notice it the other day in the same spot

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Is this an earlier build pro before the redesign?

#1757 4 years ago

Well, just paid in full for Premium. Supposed to go on the line next week.

Fingers crossed

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Is this an earlier build pro before the redesign?

Yes

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I'd contact your distributor. Thus far, my Pro play field is still 100%, but the moment I see actual chips, I'm making the call. I do feel confident that Stern will make it right

#1760 4 years ago

Has stern started putting nuts on the post below the 3rd flipper yet on newer builds?

#1761 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Has stern started putting nuts on the post below the 3rd flipper yet on newer builds?

Apparently they have - at least on the LE. Assuming it will be on all models.

Quoted from Charliew65:

#78 is home safely I was up all night changing the bands to Titan Orange, Game is a blast no issues to report and also my post has a nut on it so there should be no issues with the post anymore!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1762 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Yes. Mine was slightly loose though. In my opinion it needs a much bigger washer under the playfield. It's a little tight there, though, with the flipper bracket over it.

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yes. Mine was slightly loose though. In my opinion it needs a much bigger washer under the playfield. It's a little tight there, though, with the flipper bracket over it.

Maybe a spring loaded washer also? Not sure it would fit.

#1764 4 years ago

Can one of you MOD makers make a wireform connector or a plastic piece that connects the flipper post to this post (see image)?

I think that would take some pressure off that flipper post and provide better longevity.
D3A2B6EA-4BB9-43B7-8C01-5FFFC3F6056C (resized).jpegD3A2B6EA-4BB9-43B7-8C01-5FFFC3F6056C (resized).jpeg

#1765 4 years ago

I found a solution!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1766 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Can one of you MOD makers make a wireform connector or a plastic piece that connects the flipper post to this post (see image)?
I think that would take some pressure off that flipper post and provide better longevity.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I don't think it'll help to much side-to-side, but it should help more in the up and down. I am going to use a wide shoulder washer (installed underneath) if mine doesn't stay tight. If that doesn't work, I might add a wire-form.

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Ours has the same chipping, although a lot more plays, as it's out on the route. We also had some problems with that post coming off early on.

Has anyone had issues with the ball getting stuck in the left loop? I got a call from a friend saying the ball is "always" getting stuck in the loop, between the spinner and where the ball drops down into the pops I guess? I need to go look at it today, so it may just be a leveling issue, wanted to check here as this it the first I've heard of it.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Ours has the same chipping, although a lot more plays, as it's out on the route. We also had some problems with that post coming off early on.
Has anyone had issues with the ball getting stuck in the left loop? I got a call from a friend saying the ball is "always" getting stuck in the loop, between the spinner and where the ball drops down into the pops I guess? I need to go look at it today, so it may just be a leveling issue, wanted to check here as this it the first I've heard of it.

Check your side-to-side rear level. There is a rest behind there where the ball likes to roll right. I can imagine if it is angled to the left, it might get stuck.

#1769 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Check your side-to-side rear level. There is a rest behind there where the ball likes to roll right. I can imagine if it is angled to the left, it might get stuck.

After looking at it, yeah it was mostly a level issue. At this location if the machine moves an inch to the left or right it's completely messed up. The one way gate did seem to be sticking out pretty far, so I bent that down slightly, after playing a few games I'm pretty happy with it, thanks for the heads up!

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Interesting. I don't think it'll help to much side-to-side, but it should help more in the up and down. I am going to use a wide shoulder washer (installed underneath) if mine doesn't stay tight. If that doesn't work, I might add a wire-form.

I don’t think side to side impacts are hard enough to matter. But if you want, you could triangulate it with the post on the right loop plastics.

#1771 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I don’t think side to side impacts are hard enough to matter. But if you want, you could triangulate it with the post on the right loop plastics.

It certainly couldn't hurt to install a bracket like this. I'd buy one just for safetys sake.

#1772 4 years ago

I'm getting stuck balls here a lot!
Atleast twice yesterday...

20190927_101446 (resized).jpg20190927_101446 (resized).jpg

Solution today later will be removing spacer inbetween the plastics as the ball gets stuck tight into them. The cause is air balls from the captive ball but i'm not lowering the flipper strengths.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm getting stuck balls here a lot!
Atleast twice yesterday...
[quoted image]
Solution today later will be removing spacer inbetween the plastics as the ball gets stuck tight into them. The cause is air balls from the captive ball but i'm not lowering the flipper strengths.

Try a removable rubber clear dot used for cabinets. (worth a shot if its a small gap)
Great success through the years....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Try a removable rubber clear dot used for cabinets. (worth a shot if its a small gap)
Great success through the years....[quoted image]

I keep those things in my pinball toolbox...I find lots of uses.

#1775 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great success through the years....[quoted image]

Its a far bigger gap, its poor design as it wedges inbetween 2 plastics and the ramp, solution being remove area to get stuck as a whole.

#1776 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Its a far bigger gap, its poor design as it wedges inbetween 2 plastics and the ramp, solution being remove area to get stuck as a whole.

Check out my pictures/solution. Post #1370.

#1777 4 years ago

Observations of the morning

1: If you pull the plunger to 100% and release, hitting the slingshot is like 1 out of 5. If you pull it to 90% it hits it every single time, is this a lubrication thing at the end of the travel perhaps? Launching with the button seems to succeed 4 out of 5 for me so I'm mostly just hitting the button now.

2: Damn that CHAOS, I can only make it to O.

3: My wife and I have no real feel for nudging a table, as such it's flying STDM constantly

4: Should the ring around the tilt sensor pendulum be level to the ground or the table?

5: Whoever said I had chipping on my upper flipper post you were correct! A larger piece came off and I've got a support e-mail going with Stern. I'm a little less invested in the table as the game was a gift. If I had shelled out ~5700 of my own cash I'd be more miffed. The loc-tite has done its job though. I'm wondering is the rubber around that post supposed to freely rotate or is it supposed to be set and really slow the ball down?

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

we've had the game on location for nearly a month without hangups there. Me thinks it is more specific to your build.

#1779 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

1: If you pull the plunger to 100% and release, hitting the slingshot is like 1 out of 5. If you pull it to 90% it hits it every single time, is this a lubrication thing at the end of the travel perhaps? Launching with the button seems to succeed 4 out of 5 for me so I'm mostly just hitting the button now.
3: My wife and I have no real feel for nudging a table, as such it's flying STDM constantly
4: Should the ring around the tilt sensor pendulum be level to the ground or the table?
5: Whoever said I had chipping on my upper flipper post you were correct! A larger piece came off and I've got a support e-mail going with Stern. I'm a little less invested in the table as the game was a gift. If I had shelled out ~5700 of my own cash I'd be more miffed. The loc-tite has done its job though. I'm wondering is the rubber around that post supposed to freely rotate or is it supposed to be set and really slow the ball down?

1: My opinion is slight lubrication is the way to go. When the ball is kicked up, there may be a slight bounce that, from time-to-time, affects the launch button. I'm okay with the randomness these types of quirks add. It reminds me that this isn't a video game!

2. That's better than me.

3. I've saved a few with a double flip timed just right. The gap isn't that big and you can sort of catch many that would otherwise be SDTM.

4. I think it should be even with the floor (i.e. perpendicular to the bob).

5. I would have expected a sleeved (shoulder) washer style support form under the playfield. Yours could just be an anomaly. if there isn't any visible damage, I imagine there exists several good solutions.

#1780 4 years ago

I'm working on that myself. Watch Deadflip's Jurassic Park streams - you will see he almost never falls SDTM by using a really fast slap save. Watching this helped inspire me and improved my attempts at this technique.

#1781 4 years ago

Ground. Your plumb bob hangs perfectly vertical thanks to gravity, regardless of game pitch. You want the ring perpendicular to the rod. And the bob centered in the ring.

#1782 4 years ago

Renting a Pro. Fun game, looking forward to code updates.

15696138003371645479151 (resized).jpg15696138003371645479151 (resized).jpg
#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

1: My opinion is slight lubrication is the way to go. When the ball is kicked up, there may be a slight bounce that, from time-to-time, affects the launch button. I'm okay with the randomness these types of quirks add. It reminds me that this isn't a video game!

What exactly are you lubricating in this example?

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What exactly are you lubricating in this example?

The brass bushing.

#1785 4 years ago

Been playing on location while waiting on my premium (probably have $50 in to it) and the O shot is killing me! That and I think my smart missile is broken...it’s batting .150 and about to be sent straight down to A ball...

Any premium buyers hear any updates about timelines?

#1786 4 years ago

Just installed a shaker and it’s kinda cool. Would be nice to see more action with it

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just installed a shaker and it’s kinda cool. Would be nice to see more action with it

Seems to be a lot for me. Very interactive, unlike some titles. T-REX chase is a good example....you feel him walking at different speeds.

#1788 4 years ago

Hell of a friend that gifts you a pinball table!

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

You’re being sarcastic right? The shaker damn near shakes the world apart when the T-Rex is stomping!

#1790 4 years ago

Haha maybe I just suck and haven’t hit the sweet spot yet

#1791 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm what LED’s are being used for the ball guids and slings? Love the natural color, doesn’t look off like others I’ve seen. At work for the next 16hr and trying to place an order. Thanks!

#1792 4 years ago

has anyone asked stern if they plan on offering retrofit kits to JP Pro owners for the flipper post? It's certainly changed on the LEs...

#1793 4 years ago

I have the early Pro with all the art under the posts, and I haven’t seen any playfield issues in over 300 games. In fact when I look under the post washers, it looks like they were never there. I’m feeling lucky right now because I have the “extra art and clearcoat” version, but I do know that can change 6 months from now. Will definitely post here if I notice any changes.

#1794 4 years ago

From Keith Elwin today on Tilt Forums, about JP :

"Stuff nobody cares about right now become huge in the next update (Fossils, smart missile and especially super supply drops)"

That sounds great!

#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Renting a Pro. Fun game, looking forward to code updates.[quoted image]

I did not know renting was a thing, cool!

Was hoping they'd get one at pac man, but seems unlikely

#1796 4 years ago
ABB62FA8-1E0E-4C96-ABF1-9CF9C7198B15 (resized).jpegABB62FA8-1E0E-4C96-ABF1-9CF9C7198B15 (resized).jpeg
#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have the early Pro with all the art under the posts, and I haven’t seen any playfield issues in over 300 games. In fact when I look under the post washers, it looks like they were never there. I’m feeling lucky right now because I have the “extra art and clearcoat” version, but I do know that can change 6 months from now. Will definitely post here if I notice any changes.

Same here, fingers crossed

Quoted from Peanuts:

From Keith Elwin today on Tilt Forums, about JP :
"Stuff nobody cares about right now become huge in the next update (Fossils, smart missile and especially super supply drops)"
That sounds great!

Another update? Awesome!!

#1798 4 years ago

playing great out of the box except for the instruction card. May just leave it this way.

I really should have done a better job in 10th grade Spanish.
BD8DB564-E255-4737-AC20-961E39E527E3 (resized).jpegBD8DB564-E255-4737-AC20-961E39E527E3 (resized).jpeg

#1799 4 years ago

Just press one for English!

#1800 4 years ago

Double sided?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

12,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/36?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.