(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 426.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Thank you pro model for doing your job!

Hey Cock, Still? its getting old man.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Will I get my apology? Everything I said was true. You might not like what I say but the truth can sometimes hurt, the pro does well as a test model and because of it we have perfect le's and will have perfect premiums. My buddy got his le and its perfect and I am hearing the same from others to. Thank you pro model for doing your job! And apology accepted!

Your welcome!

9A125A7E-8049-4305-AECC-13FA0301F573 (resized).jpeg9A125A7E-8049-4305-AECC-13FA0301F573 (resized).jpeg
#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Your welcome![quoted image]

I'm guessing that is a Pro?

#1704 4 years ago

Weird... so the problem is the combination of the clear with the artwork but only at the pressure points like post, etc?

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Weird... so the problem is the combination of the clear with the artwork but only at the pressure points like post, etc?

Problem is the Ink not sticking well enough when the pressure of the posts are applied.

Fix was to remove the artwork around the posts.

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

sorry man not bashing the pro, it has its place and is good as a cheaper model and great on location. And its great as a test model for stern thats just a fact.

Wow! This guy

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Im beginning to think it’s the same 3 photos being re-posted in every possible thread.

#1708 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

sorry man not bashing the pro, it has its place and is good as a cheaper model and great on location. And its great as a test model for stern thats just a fact.

Nah, you're not.bashing the pro at all...? Take your opium rants elsewhere.

Holy crap?!?!?! 35% forum rating?!?!?Obviously you just come here to be a troll.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes a Pro. Right out of the box like that

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes a Pro. Right out of the box like that

Ok, just making sure that was not an LE...

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

If this was the case, then why do people with IMDN Premium have issues?

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Will I get my apology? Everything I said was true. You might not like what I say but the truth can sometimes hurt, the pro does well as a test model and because of it we have perfect le's and will have perfect premiums. My buddy got his le and its perfect and I am hearing the same from others to. Thank you pro model for doing your job! And apology accepted!

Dude, your comment isn’t even accurate. If you were talking about a specific mech or ramp that had issues but was found on the pros, and corrected before LEs went out, fine.
But the playfield issues apparently happened on previous Premium models (other titles) as well.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Fix was to remove the artwork around the posts.

Does that 'fix' seem to be helping? No issues since they removed the art around the posts?

#1714 4 years ago

#1715 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No issues since they removed the art around the posts?

Not that I have seen or have been posted.

#1716 4 years ago

Hello everyone, I have a pro arriving today! It's my first pin and I'm very stoked. Pics soon enough. Reading 35 pages of thread to catch up is rather exhausting.

#1717 4 years ago

Jurassic park Le # 75 just showed up.

20190924_101614 (resized).jpg20190924_101614 (resized).jpg
#1718 4 years ago

Beautiful game. Premiums can't come soon enough!

#1719 4 years ago

I mailed in my money remainder yesterday. Maybe I’ll hear something soon....,

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't noticed other CC'ed products (like cars for instance) refusing to set or harden... and then flaking off.

but you will have noticed the shocking orange peel on nearly ever new car...

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Hello everyone, I have a pro arriving today! It's my first pin and I'm very stoked. Pics soon enough. Reading 35 pages of thread to catch up is rather exhausting.

Congrats on your purchase! This is my second pin, you are going to love it!

#1722 4 years ago

Wonderful pick for your first pinball machine.
Make sure to get a Subwoofer upgrade. I did and it's cheap and amazing!

Congrats man are you smart.
1st pin and a wicked fun adventure. Lucky!!

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Got my first decent (not embarrassing since I own the game) high score tonight!!! Ironically after 3 or 4 beers![quoted image]

Games addicting right?
Flippen hard too.

I've put on 7 to 8 hours and have around the same score.

Good I love the challenge.

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Wonderful pick for your first pinball machine.
Make sure to get a Subwoofer upgrade. I did and it's cheap and amazing!
Congrats man are you smart.
1st pin and a wicked fun adventure. Lucky!!

I see inside the cabinet a downfiring speaker I assumed is a subwoofer. Are you saying I should replace that unit or add some thing external?

#1725 4 years ago

I see inside the cabinet a downfiring speaker I assumed is a subwoofer. Are you saying I should replace that unit or add some thing external?

Its a fine upgrade and all but not really necessary, I play loud and the stock speakers are great. I've never added a speaker upgrade and rarely add shakers, not that they don't enhance gameplay a little but not enough for my taste to be essential. Just enjoy ur pin for a few months before u do anything else. She's a beauty, one of the best I've ever played.

#1727 4 years ago

That stays and you can add an external Sub.

I added my 1st ever on this pinball machine an oh my Goodness what a major difference!

Pinnovaters! They sell a $35 cord and even recommend the Subwoofer. I believe it was a Polk10sw? Like $110 on Amazon

Now I use to upgrade speaker you saw in machine but don't because Sub is way way way more effective for around the same price.

Believe me this will freak you out.

#1728 4 years ago

Imagine seeing Jurassic in THX like the Theater intended or like the other pinside guy says do nothing and hear it in a small boring stereo theater.

Up to you but on this pin Subwoofer 100%

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

That stays and you can add an external Sub.
I added my 1st ever on this pinball machine an oh my Goodness what a major difference!
Pinnovaters! They sell a $35 cord and even recommend the Subwoofer. I believe it was a Polk10sw? Like $110 on Amazon
Now I use to upgrade speaker you saw in machine but don't because Sub is way way way more effective for around the same price.
Believe me this will freak you out.

The Polk also is on sale periodically so it's worth it. Don't waste money on a $35 "cable" when your cost of cleanly running some speaker wire from the cab speaker out the back vent to the Polk is $0.

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The Polk also is on sale periodically so it's worth it. Don't waste money on a $35 "cable" when your cost of cleanly running some speaker wire from the cab speaker out the back vent to the Polk is $0.

Do all three models have CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Do all three models have CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.

None of the models have a line out for subs. The 2 options are 1: run a speaker wire from the sub in the cabinet to the high level inputs on the Polk. 2: Buy the $35 kit from Pinnovators that plugs directly into the games sound board and creates a dedicated line out to run to your Polk sub. I've done it both ways. The Pinnovators method delivers louder, cleaner bass hands down.

#1732 4 years ago

Thanks for the subwoofer recommendations. I'm definitely going to check that out. The distributor (Orange County Pinballs) threw in the shaker motor and its a bit intense if you ask me. Can that be backed off in software?

The wife and I played for like two hours straight after the kiddo went to bed, I think its the first time in 6 years together I've seen her get competitive about something. That's a major win for me.

Speaking of software, should I generally leave all settings the way they are or is there some kind of reference tweak list or is this all personal preference?

The post near the upper right flipper did start working its way loose by the end of the evening. I added some blue loctite and will keep an eye on it. I didn't have a great feel for what is "tight" vs what would crush the playfield so I opted for what I normally use for like oil drain pans: hand tight + quarter turn or about 8-10lbs of torque.

I sat in bed last night and read almost every page of this thread so I'll be keeping an eye out for playfield rippling as well.

IMG_2731 (resized).jpgIMG_2731 (resized).jpgIMG_2733 (resized).jpgIMG_2733 (resized).jpgIMG_2734 (resized).jpgIMG_2734 (resized).jpgIMG_2735 (resized).jpgIMG_2735 (resized).jpgIMG_2736 (resized).jpgIMG_2736 (resized).jpg
#1733 4 years ago

None of the models have a line out for subs. The 2 options are 1: run a speaker wire from the sub in the cabinet to the high level inputs on the Polk. 2: Buy the $35 kit from Pinnovators that plugs directly into the games sound board and creates a dedicated line out to run to your Polk sub. I've done it both ways. The Pinnovators method delivers louder, cleaner bass hands down.

What exactly does “CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.” mean? It’s on the Stern feature of the JP2

#1734 4 years ago

its a bit intense if you ask me. Can that be backed off in software?

U can back off the frequency used but not the intensity unless things have changed since my last shaker a couple years back. Otherwise u need to adjust the arms of the device itself. I usually had to. There should be a thread on how to do that here somewhere, its easy.

#1735 4 years ago

the shaker motor and its a bit intense if you ask me. Can that be backed off in software?

Yes, there is a setting in the software. Easy cheezy.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

What exactly does “CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification.” mean? It’s on the Stern feature of the JP2

I asked the same thing. Apparently it means stern has "prepped" the board for an output, but it's not there. Lol. At least that's all I could find on the matter.

#1736 4 years ago

Yes, there is a setting in the software. Easy cheezy.

I asked the same thing. Apparently it means stern has "prepped" the board for an output, but it's not there. Lol. At least that's all I could find on the matter.

Thanks! CoolCatPinball

#1737 4 years ago

Got my first decent (not embarrassing since I own the game) high score tonight!!! Ironically after 3 or 4 beers![quoted image]

Ya, a beer or three helps me as well! Not sure about four? ..

#1738 4 years ago

I sat in bed last night and read almost every page of this thread so I'll be keeping an eye out for playfield rippling as well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can see some in your last pic.. also is it chipping around your flipper post?

#1739 4 years ago

Any node board issues with this game so far?

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Node board issues are so 2018.....

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Node board issues are so 2018.....

Ghosting, cabinet splitting, node boards, and now pooling/chipping. Where were all these problems in the 90's and early to late 2000's?

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No. And Ive had no pooling/chipping on any of my NIB pins. Some adjustments. That's normal during shipping.

#1743 4 years ago

I've had my Pro for about 6 weeks now. Loved it at first, great shots, music score is cool and lights/sounds were decent, while code was good as well. I played about an hour a night and after 5 weeks, I realized that my overall score is BARELY improving (550M), I've hit the Raptor multiball only twice I believe, and even the CHAOS multiball I get, once a night or maybe twice. The T-REX multiball finishes too fast and 2 balls are not enough.

Basically, I'm kinda bored.

I'm also a big "movie guy" so the lack of movie call-outs or almost ANYTHING related to the movies isn't helping (and the new call-outs are pretty lame, I think we all agree) while their actual "storyline" is also pretty meh (you're a truck driving through a jungle, whoop-de-doo). And the lack of "bash toys" has also started to be felt.

I went back to my DEADPOOL Pro last night and played it for hours, tons of continued fun, even after almost a year of owning it. Soooo many different things happening in that game, still adore it!!

Am I the only one? Just feels like the "initial high" excitement of the game has gone away and replaced with a HOPE that a big "code update" might make the game a little more fun/exciting. Even some non-pinball friends who come over didn't really go nuts for it because "not much was happening" for them.

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ghosting, cabinet splitting, node boards, and now pooling/chipping. Where were all these problems in the 90's and early to late 2000's?

Well, there was no such thing as node boards back then, but keep grasping!

#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I went back to my DEADPOOL Pro last night and played it for hours, tons of continued fun, even after almost a year of owning it. Soooo many different things happening in that game, still adore it!!
Am I the only one? Just feels like the "initial high" excitement of the game has gone away and replaced with a HOPE that a big "code update" might make the game a little more fun/exciting. Even some non-pinball friends who come over didn't really go nuts for it because "not much was happening" for them.

Well, if it follows the Deadpool trajectory, it will get at least a couple of big code updates that improve the game immensely. Also, Deadpool is one of the top Stern results ever, so many other pins might seem "just good" by comparison....

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I played about an hour a night and after 5 weeks, I realized that my overall score is BARELY improving (550M), I've hit the Raptor multiball only twice I believe, and even the CHAOS multiball I get, once a night or maybe twice. The T-REX multiball finishes too fast and 2 balls are not enough.

First: 550M is a pretty good score!
Raptor: try backhanding the dead-end target, live catch the feed, repeat (to get to Raptor more often). Raptor is a great challenge to get to Phase 3 when 3 more balls are added to play. And then the further challenge of hitting the two supers while lots of balls in play, due to the multiplier based on # of balls still in play.

T-Rex MB: focus on trying to get a big Hurry-Up value before starting the MB. Hit your jackpots from left to right to watch your Jackpots get big. Pair with 2x Scoring and T-Rex MB goes through the roof.

See what you can do with Pteranadon, by not cashing in the R ramp, and focusing on switch hits only. Then starting it again with 2x Scoring running, and a multiplier that carried over.

Get to, and play, King of the Island MB.

Try maxin out your Control Room System Boot, and T-Rex modes by hitting combos.

See how far you can stretch your Rescue Streak, and watch your points/Rescue get really high (avoid the T-Rex paddock!)

See how many of the Mr DNA combo's you can get in one game.

Plus, there's a bunch more of the deeper code still yet to come: Visitor Center, T-Rex mode mini-wizard mode, Control Room mode mini-wizard mode, Fossils, situational awards from Smart Missile.

#1747 4 years ago

Escape from Nublar also still needs to be coded.

Lots more to enjoy through the rest of the year as this gets updated.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've had my Pro for about 6 weeks now. Loved it at first, great shots, music score is cool and lights/sounds were decent, while code was good as well. I played about an hour a night and after 5 weeks, I realized that my overall score is BARELY improving (550M), I've hit the Raptor multiball only twice I believe, and even the CHAOS multiball I get, once a night or maybe twice. The T-REX multiball finishes too fast and 2 balls are not enough.
I'm also a big "movie guy" so the lack of movie call-outs or almost ANYTHING related to the movies isn't helping (and the new call-outs are pretty lame, I think we all agree) while their actual "storyline" is also pretty meh (you're a truck driving through a jungle, whoop-de-doo). And the lack of "bash toys" has also started to be felt.

Try digging in the multiball rules and modes. The raptor multiball is pretty cool once you get to the 3rd stage. This game seems like more of a shooter and not much to bash except the truck. I just ordered the premium because of this and look forward to the challenge. I think JP2 and DP are a pretty good set of pins to have and hopefully JP2 starts to click with you soon.

#1749 4 years ago

I love my Metallica, but the big code update for Crank It Up took almost a year. It was a nice surprise, and Lyman just kept making it better and better. JP2 is already a lot more mature than MET was this far in, and it’s a cornerstone game for Stern and Elwin. No need to worry about getting CSI’ed on this one.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love my Metallica, but the big code update for Crank It Up took almost a year. It was a nice surprise, and Lyman just kept making it better and better. JP2 is already a lot more mature than MET was this far in, and it’s a cornerstone game for Stern and Elwin. No need to worry about getting CSI’ed on this one.

I think that's the real take-away from me... I am already very happy with the code and it's only version .8. And I know they will at least hit version 1 by adding entirely new modes -- not just bug fixes. If it's this good at a sub 1 version, they should have lots of time to really massage it into something extremely solid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/35?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.