(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 426.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think it’s okay to express an opinion, especially when someone says their mod is “a must”. For some reason everyone thinks they can make a jungle-themed pin look better by adding more green lighting. The Congo thread is full of pics like that. I think it looks 100% wrong - it changes all the colors on the game, and it’s an insult to the artist. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t enjoy having a beer with the guy who posted it.
Conversely, I’m sure that some people don’t like my T-Rex mod, and that’s fine. What are we here for if not to share mods and opinions? I’m just glad there’s another thread for people to post their LE numbers.

Agreed 100%. Blind love fests are not necessary. Be respectful always, but it’s ok to have an opinion.

#1652 4 years ago

Ok so after looking at it, I have to admit that is pretty bad, the green lighting. It's a Lermods backboard LED strip (not trying to say it's a bad product). It certainly didn't look like this playing it, compared to the picture. I'll have to reassess when I'm playing later. Well hey if anything I'm part of another club now, the rainbow puke club

#1653 4 years ago

I may have missed this somewhere buried in this thread. Has anyone found a good alternatives T-rex head to replace the standard one on the pro? How easy was it to fit and are their pictures?

#1654 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/23#post-5183990

I will say that I haven’t found a mounting solution yet that I’m happy with. It sags and his feet get in the way of the ball. I hope to come up with something better next weekend.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/23#post-5183990
I will say that I haven’t found a mounting solution yet that I’m happy with. It sags and his feet get in the way of the ball. I hope to come up with something better next weekend.

Gotta rush the mods with impatience and misaligned products. Such is the way.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Do you know the brand or make of the T-rex you're using? Found a roaring biting one on Ebay that looks similar

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Do you know the brand or make of the T-rex you're using? Found a roaring biting one on Ebay that looks similar

I am waiting on game to test one version from Ebay that is motorized/lights, MezelMods is working on one as well.
I hear there are a few others in development.

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am waiting on game to test one version from Ebay that is motorized/lights, MezelMods is working on one as well.
I hear there are a few others in development.

Great. I'll hang back and see what the experts can offer

#1659 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

https://www.amazon.com/Papo-Dinosaur-Figure-Green-Running/dp/B007CF7JI2/ref=asc_df_B007CF7JI2/

#1660 4 years ago

I think the post under the upper flipper is going to require some good groupthink. Here’s a pic from the other thread, hopefully the OP doesn’t mind me stealing it. When this post works its way loose, it’s a danger to the playfield. That’s my main concern, so mods that keep it tight are the most urgent, whether it’s Loktite or securing a longer post with a nut on the other side.

I’m also considering a mod that would take all of the pressure off of the clearcoat. My rough idea is:

1. Get a few small washers, smaller than the one that’s currently under the post
2. Use a brad-point drill bit slightly larger than these new washers to cut a hole through the clear and art.
3. Install 1-3 of the small washers, then the larger washer, then the post.
4. Tighten this stack using your preferred method (Loktite or through-hole)

The goal here is that the factory washer doesn’t contact the clearcoat at all, but instead rides about 1mm above it.

Please talk me out of this if it’s a bad idea.

E7067BE5-893E-46BA-B6EB-977163948954 (resized).jpegE7067BE5-893E-46BA-B6EB-977163948954 (resized).jpeg
#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the post under the upper flipper is going to require some good groupthink. Here’s a pic from the other thread, hopefully the OP doesn’t mind me stealing it. When this post works its way loose, it’s a danger to the playfield. That’s my main concern, so mods that keep it tight are the most urgent, whether it’s Loktite or securing a longer post with a nut on the other side.
I’m also considering a mod that would take all of the pressure off of the clearcoat. My rough idea is:
1. Get a few small washers, smaller than the one that’s currently under the post
2. Use a brad-point drill bit slightly larger than these new washers to cut a hole through the clear and art.
3. Install 1-3 of the small washers, then the larger washer, then the post.
4. Tighten this stack using your preferred method (Loktite or through-hole)
The goal here is that the factory washer doesn’t contact the clearcoat at all, but instead rides about 1mm above it.
Please talk me out of this if it’s a bad idea.[quoted image]

But the game only had reportedly 27 plays. No indication the post was loose.

You may have a good idea but it's a damn shame you have to consider any of this at all. What about all the other posts?
This post is probably the canary in the coal mine

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What about all the other posts? This post is probably the canary in the coal mine

See, I don’t think so. This post is more vulnerable because it’s out in the open, getting smacked from all sides. It’s closer to the flippers than any other post. Mine came loose after about 50 plays. It’s the only post I’m really concerned about.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I use to build classic cars, at every show you get some ding-dong who would walk up and say “you should have, blah, blah , blah, something different” rather then admiring the cool car you built.
If they don’t like it fine, but find the things you do like, say something nice, or keep your mouth shut.

It's the new "liquid courage" of being behind a keyboard on the internet.

I can absolutely relate to your car analogy. I swapped the PRV engine out of my DeLorean with a turbo-charged VR6 engine and swapped the automatic transmission with a 5-speed manual transmission. Bumped the power from 95 WHP to 240 WHP with only 5 lbs of boost. I can't imagine what I could do at 15 lbs or so.

At every cruise in I go to, people lose their shit. Car guys that know how underpowered the DeLorean originally was vs. what it has now love it, and most know I could go to 400 BHP before really needing to do some reinforcing of internal engine components or additional cooling. People are very respectful, show polite praise and adulation, and if they don't like it they at least have the common courtesy to not be an asshole to me (9 times out of 10).

Put it on the internet, and some dumb fucking idiot will tell me how the VR6 sucks or I should have put an LSX in it (X = denoting there are at least 4 other LS DeLorean swaps already out there) or I should have used a completely different motor or turbo or intake system or exhaust or etc. These are the same fuckers that don't even know how or could not even begin to attempt what's been done, yet they armchair QB/criticize an effort that took well over 1000 hours of garage work to complete.

Everyone's a tough guy on the internet. But I promise this: I'll never say anything here I won't say to someone's face.

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Please talk me out of this if it’s a bad idea.

I just put a rubber washer under the post washer and my very small chip hasn't increased in size at all. The one in that picture is quite large.

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just put a rubber washer under the post washer and my very small chip hasn't increased in size at all. The one in that picture is quite large.

I like the rubber washer idea. The larger metal washer gives a lot of lateral support. I'm worried that a smaller diameter washer underneath would cause the post to tilt as it gets hit -- making the hole larger and larger and eventually causing more damage. My guess is a slightly oversized metal washer with an equal sized rubber washer would make it much more rigid and would protect the pf.

#1666 4 years ago

Good advice, guys. I think you’re right, a smaller base under that post would eventually cause problems. BTW, since I have the LE Pro (art under the posts), I’ve added washers under the upper slingshot posts (the clear cylinders). Probably not needed, but I’m a little paranoid. Fingers crossed, I’m at about 250 games with no pooling.

#1667 4 years ago

Settings I changed...
Ball trough launch as low as possible
Auto launch up 5 power
Left flipper down 5 power
Top right flipper down 5 power
Also slingshots down to 25 power
Just made certain things work better for me.

#1668 4 years ago

For those who say the ball isn't plunging up the scoop consistently... I played a pro today and the brass sleeve on the plunger rod felt very strange to me. There is a slight gap that was causing the rod to not plunge well if it wasn't completely straight. It would slightly bind on the brass, absorbing a lot of power. A tighter tolerance on that sleeve might solve the problem, but a bit of good penetrating oil in the brass would also let it glide better and feed the scoop more reliably. Something to think about.

#1669 4 years ago

Is there a good rule sheet for this game,I am sure it is somewhere but I cant find Anything about how to collect the fossils.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is there a good rule sheet for this game,I am sure it is somewhere but I cant find Anything about how to collect the fossils.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#1672 4 years ago

Having a blast at our JP Launch party at Meta-Games Unlimted in Springfield, Mo!

4750EAD8-D06C-43B4-BC9D-6115520D7597 (resized).jpeg4750EAD8-D06C-43B4-BC9D-6115520D7597 (resized).jpeg920A065D-AE61-4DAA-8C32-D85FB29DB914 (resized).jpeg920A065D-AE61-4DAA-8C32-D85FB29DB914 (resized).jpeg
#1673 4 years ago

Anyone figure out a solution to the auto-plunge not making it up the helipad ramp every time? Increasing and decreasing the power hasn't made it go away for me. Game is leveled correctly. Manual plunge seems to work every time if you give it a hard pull. Auto-plunge is only about 75% of the time.

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anyone figure out a solution to the auto-plunge not making it up the helipad ramp every time? Increasing and decreasing the power hasn't made it go away for me. Game is leveled correctly. Manual plunge seems to work every time if you give it a hard pull. Auto-plunge is only about 75% of the time.

Definitely check the alignment of the autoplunge fork. If it’s not dead center on the ball it can make a big difference in power.

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Definitely check the alignment of the autoplunge fork. If it’s not dead center on the ball it can make a big difference in power.

How does one go about aligning the fork? I've noticed on mine the right finger touches the ball, the left does not by a smidge. I'm assuming this is an alignment issue?

#1676 4 years ago

pardon if this has already been mentioned anywhere, I didn't see anything with a quick search, but has anyone else had their newton ball come off? the one that's screwed into the playfield?

Image from iOS (resized).jpgImage from iOS (resized).jpg
#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from skondris:

pardon if this has already been mentioned anywhere, I didn't see anything with a quick search, but has anyone else had their newton ball come off? the one that's screwed into the playfield?[quoted image]

Weird. Consider using locktite when you put it back.

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Pretty sure super jackpots in multiball award fossils

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

toxic chemicals. the 80s and 90s where a blast man. We all picked a terrible time to give up sniffing glue.

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I'd personally recommend Tilt Forums' rule sheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644/181

You get Fossils by completing various modes and multiballs. They're worth points in bonus, but otherwise they're not fully implemented in the rules.

#1681 4 years ago

Set up my JP on Friday. By Saturday with about 50 plays on it, the post by the upper flipper was already loose. Tightened it up again, and with under 100 total plays it was loose again. Going to try loctite on it tonight.

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Set up my JP on Friday. By Saturday with about 50 plays on it, the post by the upper flipper was already loose. Tightened it up again, and with under 100 total plays it was loose again. Going to try loctite on it tonight.

Mine was the same way. Stern sent me some loctite 290 I believe and it’s been good ever since.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I did originally. It was slightly off, and I was able to bend it (nothing extreme) enough to be flush with the ball on both sides. That didn't fix the issue.

I have noticed the the fork is very "jiggly" when touched. I don't remember if it's supposed to be that way, and I don't have another Stern to examine.

#1684 4 years ago

My BM66 is the same. It looks square on the ball but is a little loose even after tightening screws. One out of every three auto plunges go a third of the way up the shooter lane. I’m interested in how you fare.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

toxic chemicals. the 80s and 90s where a blast man. We all picked a terrible time to give up sniffing glue.

I haven't noticed other CC'ed products (like cars for instance) refusing to set or harden... and then flaking off.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I haven't noticed other CC'ed products (like cars for instance) refusing to set or harden... and then flaking off.

You been throwing pinball at those cars? I bet is causes some issues with the finish.

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You been throwing pinball at those cars? I bet is causes some issues with the finish.

Most of these issues of posts sinking into soft clear and then flaking off came right out of the box. No "throwing pinballs" needed.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Driving on the freeway at speeds around 80mph should cause the clear to chip when rocks and other debris hit the front...I would think

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Driving on the freeway at speeds around 80mph should cause the clear to chip when rocks and other debris hit the front...I would think

Not disagreeing on your point, just the example, road pebbles arent usually on par with a 1" metal sphere. Older cars were made of tougher stuff back then as well in my opinion. Like most products. Things just arent built to last anymore. That's the world. Not saying I like it.

#1690 4 years ago

I have been messing with a bunch of ideas for a topper.

I have a ton of fossils, crinoids, dino bone and skin, giant Trilobites, plates...
But most are too heavy or delicate. so I picked this resin cast instead.

Im thinking of shadow boxing and back lighting....it needs more maybe....
What do you think?

When game arrives, Ill throw up more pics...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1691 4 years ago

Got my LE in today and everything looks great and is working great. Appears to have the new playfield and no signs of pooling, fingers crossed. Such a blast to play even tho I have no clue what I'm doing yet!

IMG_20190923_193833 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193833 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193840 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193840 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193851 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193851 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193910 (resized).jpgIMG_20190923_193910 (resized).jpg
#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have the volume of the game set at zero? I don't notice it at a reasonable volume.

I just got my machine today and the fan is loud when it comes one. It only comes one ever once in a while.

#1693 4 years ago

Tonight I was a shot away from the visitors center! Such a fun game.

Bring on more code and my mosquito shooter rod Stern!

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got my machine today and the fan is loud when it comes one. It only comes one ever once in a while.

Vireland or pinmonk? (Same guy) sells a great little kit. Easy swap. Much quieter. Fair price.

#1695 4 years ago

Got my first decent (not embarrassing since I own the game) high score tonight!!! Ironically after 3 or 4 beers!

20190923_214328 (resized).jpg20190923_214328 (resized).jpg
#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Vireland or pinmonk? (Same guy) sells a great little kit. Easy swap. Much quieter. Fair price.

I got my game and replacement fan today. I have just not had a chance to install it yet.

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Got my LE in today and everything looks great and is working great. Appears to have the new playfield and no signs of pooling, fingers crossed. Such a blast to play even tho I have no clue what I'm doing yet![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That game looks so "world under glass," crikey that's a good looking machine....

#1698 4 years ago

Will I get my apology? Everything I said was true. You might not like what I say but the truth can sometimes hurt, the pro does well as a test model and because of it we have perfect le's and will have perfect premiums. My buddy got his le and its perfect and I am hearing the same from others to. Thank you pro model for doing your job! And apology accepted!

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Will I get my apology? Everything I said was true. You might not like what I say but the truth can sometimes hurt, the pro does well as a test model and because of it we have perfect le's and will have perfect premiums. My buddy got his le and its perfect and I am hearing the same from others to. Thank you pro model for doing your job! And apology accepted!

Holy hell man can you just drop the pro bashing.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Holy hell man can you just drop the pro bashing.

sorry man not bashing the pro, it has its place and is good as a cheaper model and great on location. And its great as a test model for stern thats just a fact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/34?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.