(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4053.JPEG
IMG_4124 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4202 (resized).jpg
IMG_0945 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4195 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8190239_1 (resized).png
jp truck (resized).png
truck nav (resized).png
IMG_4034 (resized).JPEG
17162904644006530426168915480293 (resized).jpg
IMG_4996 (resized).jpg
IMG_4997 (resized).jpg
IMG_4010 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 431.
#17301 9 months ago

Shaker is super easy.

Quoted from Pinball1987:

Thank you for the info. Who has the stern amber shooter rod available? Also the shaker is that a tough install?

#17302 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Thank you for the info. Who has the stern amber shooter rod available? Also the shaker is that a tough install?

I think Mad pinball and Flip N Out have them in stock.

#17303 9 months ago

Pinball life would be my go to for the shaker....they have the oem branded as Stern and then the oem unbranded for less, which as far as I can tell is identical minus saying Stern on it.

#17304 9 months ago

Marco has both in stock, a few bucks more, but one shipping charge.
Shaker is very simple to install, and the shooter is easy as well (refer to my blue painters tape posting elsewhere in the thread to position the new shooter plate exactly where the old one is). Both have easy plugin to cabinet node board, and a few screws.

#17305 9 months ago

Still making some minor adjustments on the T Rex (seems to be perfectly aligned until it tries to eat the ball and then it’s slightly left of center to the ramp).

Found my leaf switch adjustor - that fixed the back left pop (Thanks @markharris2000). Got the side armor, side art, shaker and rod installed! Thinking about doing green titans for the rubbers.

I moved the weight on the shaker to make it less intense but my god even still it feels like the Trex is going to tear the machine apart!

Also GC’d the machine - 549 mil!

IMG_1713 (resized).jpegIMG_1713 (resized).jpegIMG_1714 (resized).jpegIMG_1714 (resized).jpegIMG_1715 (resized).jpegIMG_1715 (resized).jpegIMG_1716 (resized).jpegIMG_1716 (resized).jpeg
#17306 9 months ago

This is probably a dumb question but do the helicopter blades that spin give you points as long as it is spinning or how many times the blades spin? Or are the points the same every time (taking out any other variables) and it is just triggered by the rollover sensor (or whatever it is called) on the metal wire form?

#17307 9 months ago

I think its with every rotation sound effect pts are awarded.

More whomp whomp, more points

#17308 9 months ago

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do to influence how much it spins on a single shot up the ramp.

#17309 9 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I don't think there is a whole lot you can do to influence how much it spins on a single shot up the ramp.

Make sure it's properly balanced and the bearings are clean/dry lubed. Never spent so much time working on a mech before just to get a few more points.

#17310 9 months ago

So we decided to turn over our CCr SE toward a new JP premium (recent run).

Do the recent runs of JP premium have insider connected already included/installed or would we have to purchase that separately if we wanted?

#17311 9 months ago
Quoted from lepstein:

So we decided to turn over our CCr SE toward a new JP premium (recent run).
Do the recent runs of JP premium have insider connected already included/installed or would we have to purchase that separately if we wanted?

The latest JP Premiums ship with IC already installed. They also have the "30th Anniversary" version of the backglass.

#17312 9 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

They also have the "30th Anniversary" version of the backglass.

Pretty sure someone posted this is just a sticker on the translite.

#17313 9 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Pretty sure someone posted this is just a sticker on the translite.

I will check tonight. I have a June build but didn't look that close.

#17314 9 months ago

It is just a sticker. Not a different overall print.

I will check tonight. I have a June build but didn't look that close.

#17315 9 months ago

Just got my Lior action button /lock bar plaque... very cool. Moved my other to the back box
LB1 (resized).jpgLB1 (resized).jpg

#17316 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Has anyone replaced the Raptor on a Prem or LE? Mine continues to lean and get stuck.. I have done the heat gun trick....and works for a while.... but goes right back....

There's an STL file posted in this thread for a little wedge that I printed to basically separate his right thigh from the plastic. That kept him straight enough for it to not get caught in the down position permanently like it was before. YMMV but it's worth a try.

#17317 9 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

There's an STL file posted in this thread for a little wedge that I printed to basically separate his right thigh from the plastic. That kept him straight enough for it to not get caught in the down position permanently like it was before. YMMV but it's worth a try.

Thanks....don't have a printer...

#17318 9 months ago

We can print things for folks that don't have a way to do it, just pm me.

#17319 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks....don't have a printer...

Neither do I but my dad did and he knew just enough about it to print it for me

It's literally the tiniest little piece. I had him make me a few just in case I broke 1, and I did. I would build it solid or least with some density to it since it has two little arms that go around the PF plastic. Very nice of the crew here to have already have offered to help you print it as it is cool when it works. I had my raptor face down for like a year and it's great to have him working correctly again.

#17320 9 months ago

Anyone get the august jp pro yet in. Curious if anything is different

#17321 9 months ago

Is the raptor supposed to do anything. I just got a premium and he just sits there leaning a bit to the left. Is it supposed to move and when?

Thanks

#17322 9 months ago

She.

When you hit a ball into the back of the raptor cage she reaches into it, basically snapping down and forward. If you take the glass off and move pull down on her head she should pivot.

Quoted from marspinball:

Is the raptor supposed to do anything. I just got a premium and he just sits there leaning a bit to the left. Is it supposed to move and when?
Thanks

#17323 9 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks

Here’s a couple of pics. Looks like the weight in back is way off center too. Looks like the right leg is bent too.

20230807_180326 (resized).jpg20230807_180326 (resized).jpg20230807_180346 (resized).jpg20230807_180346 (resized).jpg
#17324 9 months ago

I have the exact same issue with my Raptor.

#17325 9 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I might need this but can't find the post.

#17326 9 months ago

Worth checking every screw and nut in this area (or the whole pf) as I had numerous loose, almost falling apart that I tightened up over the course of the first few weeks. Interestingly I had ZERO on GZ.

#17327 9 months ago

Parts troubleshooting question for the owners: After about 150 plays a small black screw showed up on the playfield of my premium. I searched for where it came off of but didn't find the screw hole it came out of. I kept the screw to the side and played it another maybe dozen times and then another one showed up right in the middle of the playfield with no clear origin. Any idea where these are coming off of? The machine is playing normally aside from the T-Rex ramp rejecting balls more often, so I'm especially looking around that area but can't find what's going on. Has anyone else experienced this?

IMG_3090 (resized).jpegIMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
#17328 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Anyone get the august jp pro yet in. Curious if anything is different

I just opened my July 31st build pro and the only difference is this holographic sticker on the translite. The cabinet and playfield are identical to the existing builds.

I was a vocal critic of this game when it came out but it has grown on me slowly over time with location play and getting a better understanding of the rules.

Is the animated T Rex mod for the pro still available?

IMG_4362 (resized).jpegIMG_4362 (resized).jpeg
#17329 9 months ago
Quoted from flippinmemphis:

Parts troubleshooting question for the owners: After about 150 plays a small black screw showed up on the playfield of my premium. I searched for where it came off of but didn't find the screw hole it came out of. I kept the screw to the side and played it another maybe dozen times and then another one showed up right in the middle of the playfield with no clear origin. Any idea where these are coming off of? The machine is playing normally aside from the T-Rex ramp rejecting balls more often, so I'm especially looking around that area but can't find what's going on. Has anyone else experienced this?
[quoted image]

Trex jaw....3 on the bottom. If you have a mirror you will see them... I am betting 2 are missing...

#17330 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Trex jaw....3 on the bottom.

That's it! Thanks JMCFAN!

#17331 9 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I might need this but can't find the post.

Sure, here you go buddy: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5578276

#17332 9 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I just opened my July 31st build pro and the only difference is this holographic sticker on the translite. The cabinet and playfield are identical to the existing builds.
I was a vocal critic of this game when it came out but it has grown on me slowly over time with location play and getting a better understanding of the rules.
Is the animated T Rex mod for the pro still available?
[quoted image]

Does it come with the stern insider now?

#17333 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Does it come with the stern insider now?

Yes. All Stern games have come with IC standard since late 2021

#17334 9 months ago

Great so excited

#17335 9 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Here’s a couple of pics. Looks like the weight in back is way off center too. Looks like the right leg is bent too. [quoted image][quoted image]

My game also has the raptor leaning off center. I'm also wondering if the raptor is supposed to move during game play??? I'm gonna dig into this issue later today to see if any wires are connected to a device for causing raptor movement.

#17336 9 months ago

Hello everyone, been lurking on the site for a bit, finally signed-up and made it official. First post here as the owner of a new Jurassic Park Pro. Added it to our newly finished basement. Thanks for keeping me informed of everything you can do from a mod (and I'm sure future maintenance) perspective. Cheers...!!!

#17337 9 months ago

Welcome! Now get to the visitors center!

#17338 9 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

My game also has the raptor leaning off center. I'm also wondering if the raptor is supposed to move during game play??? I'm gonna dig into this issue later today to see if any wires are connected to a device for causing raptor movement.

Further to my previous post regarding a slightly mis-aligned raptor, I've discovered the following:
1) There is no electrical device that makes the raptor move.
2) Looking at the design of the raptor mechanism, the raptor is supposed to move (the front of the raptor should slightly dip down) when the ball is hit into the ball lock right in front of the raptor. At the back of this lock is a switch, which registers the hit into the lock, as well as a mechanical mechanism which pushes up at the back of the raptor causing its front to dip down. In my game the raptor is mis-aligned to the raptor's right (left as seen from the player's position) and the raptor's front foot hits the plastic reducing the raptor's downward movement. I couldn't easily move the raptor to align it better - it appears that the entire ball lock and connected plastics would have to be removed to change the raptor's alignment enough to make it's movement work as designed.

During test game play, I hit a hard shot into the raptor lock, but the raptor didn't move at all. I don't think that Stern put much effort into the design of making the raptor move. The raptor is a pf toy which doesn't affect game play or scoring, and since I got my game in June I have never paid enough attention to the raptor to notice if it moved or not. Putting in the effort to better align the raptor isn't worth the effort (IMO). What is worth the effort is trying to figure out the solution to stop balls from getting stuck in the plastics immediately behind the raptor, which I'm currently working on.

#17339 9 months ago

Honestly, I am too focused on my shots while playing to notice the raptor movement. I tweaked mine early on (bent it with a heat gun) and I know that it works properly, but I honestly never notice it. The movement is quick and my focus is on the ball. I can understand wanting everything to work as intended, but this is one feature that I wouldn’t put too much focus on.

#17340 9 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Honestly, I am too focused on my shots while playing to notice the raptor movement. I tweaked mine early on (bent it with a heat gun) and I know that it works properly, but I honestly never notice it. The movement is quick and my focus is on the ball. I can understand wanting everything to work as intended, but this is one feature that I wouldn’t put too much focus on.

I know Lior ( Art of Pinball) is working on a whole new design for the raptor area. Lets see what he comes up with...

#17341 9 months ago

Seems like a disti could order a new raptor from Stern since the game is still in production. Not sure the cost.
The heat gun approach requires that the legs be heated gently and evenly to assure the entire leg softens. If you do the heat too fast or too broadly, you can either affect the joint surfaces permanantly, or the only soften the outer surface of the leg, causing the leg to always be trying to get back to the wrong position. Gentle heat applied for around 30-45 seconds is my recommendation, carefully blocking the heat from affecting the rest of the raptor itself.

Just got a quote for new raptor assembly. $90 with tax and shipping

#17342 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I know Lior ( Art of Pinball) is working on a whole new design for the raptor area. Lets see what he comes up with...

That's exciting news!

#17343 9 months ago

my raptor has been like this since i got it in 2021...i removed all the scres and put it back together and it never fixed it....i will try the heat gun method next

#17344 9 months ago
Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

my raptor has been like this since i got it in 2021...i removed all the scres and put it back together and it never fixed it....i will try the heat gun method next

How difficult was it to remove the raptor? I can see that there are only 2-nuts (one through each foot) holding the raptor down to the plastic, but when I tried removing the nuts, the threaded shafts (the nuts are screwed on to) rotated along with the nuts so the nuts couldn't be removed.

#17345 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Just got a quote for new raptor assembly. $90 with tax and shipping

Where !!!!?

#17346 9 months ago

Game Room guys... comes from Stern

#17347 9 months ago

I’m gonna try that 3D printer part before I get a new assembly.

#17348 9 months ago

An opportunity came up to grab my first real pinball machine a few weeks back... it was a few months earlier than planned but was the perfect theme at a great price so I pulled the trigger. Haven't been around much to play it, but finally got a chance to get a few things done to it... speaker lights, and insider connect... and finally getting some games in.

I stumbled across a SD card yesterday and figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out to be the movie code... So Awesome!

Only problem is I don't have insider connect working on that SD now. Assuming that's an easy fix with a windows computer and the two SD cards?

Hit a new PB for the game tonight and earned a High Score #1 with 417,585,690... no record on my insider connect account, unfortunately.

IMG_7244 (resized).jpgIMG_7244 (resized).jpg
#17349 9 months ago

Congrats on the new game. I don't remember, but someone else does I'm sure, what the issue is with the movie code, but I think it's based on a far earlier software version than we are running now, so it borks some things when you run it, perhaps that's one of the things.

Quoted from sherpahigh:

An opportunity came up to grab my first real pinball machine a few weeks back... it was a few months earlier than planned but was the perfect theme at a great price so I pulled the trigger. Haven't been around much to play it, but finally got a chance to get a few things done to it... speaker lights, and insider connect... and finally getting some games in.
I stumbled across a SD card yesterday and figured I'd give it a shot. Turns out to be the movie code... So Awesome!
Only problem is I don't have insider connect working on that SD now. Assuming that's an easy fix with a windows computer and the two SD cards?
Hit a new PB for the game tonight and earned a High Score #1 with 417,585,690... no record on my insider connect account, unfortunately.
[quoted image]

#17350 9 months ago
Quoted from sherpahigh:

[quoted image]

Updated: You can run the movie code or you run the latest code with inside connect and hometeam… but not both and they can’t be combined. (The final version of the movie code was based on factory v1.05 so as Amartin56 points out, whatever worked in 1.05 will be in the movie code)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eugene, OR
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dover, OH
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 431.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/347?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.