(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,290 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 426.
#16751 10 months ago

I don't know what most of that means, but it sounds like we need to be talking privately. Lol

Quoted from Walk:

It's quite ridiculous what this mod community sells a $2 3D print for. I get it, time printing, shipping, gotta make some cash, but what tf guys? I'm printing these now to test and it takes my shitty 3D printer 2.5 hrs at excellent quality with 20% infill to print. Hardly uses any filament.

#16752 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I don't know what most of that means, but it sounds like we need to be talking privately. Lol

LOL. Happy to mail you a set for free to help ease the pain from all the BS you've been through with your JP.

#16753 10 months ago

It's capitalism. Somebody sees a need, they create a solution, then they set a price to see what the market will bear. If you don't like it, then don't buy it or offer a competing product/solution (assuming no patents are violated).

#16754 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's capitalism. Somebody sees a need, they create a solution, then they set a price to see what the market will bear. If you don't like it, then don't buy it or offer a competing product/solution (assuming no patents are violated).

Yeah yeah. I get it. I just find it disappointing that the "community" tries so hard to nickle and dime to profit off each other.

#16755 10 months ago

I sent you a pm... But profit and gouging are big differences to me. Tantrum sells some cool stuff and his prices are very reasonable considering what I know about what goes into them. I am gathering that my $65 playfield Jacks are wildly overpriced and maybe not as fair.... Making a profit and providing something to someone they can't or don't want to produce on their own is great, gouging is bad++

Quoted from Walk:

Yeah yeah. I get it. I just find it disappointing that the "community" tries so hard to nickle and dime to profit off each other.

#16756 10 months ago

Is the Tilt Topper discontinued? There's probably some people who just got the game who would be interested in a run

#16757 10 months ago

Cool thx. To clarify, I am looking for the ring color (the ring around the speaker). Earlier post has a yellow ring. Im debating between that and orange and read your post to say you have orange.

Quoted from AMartin56:

Too much natural light to get a good shot at the moment but I'll try to remember tonight. The ones I bought can change to at least 5 or 6 colors with the included remote. Yellow is also one of them.

#16758 10 months ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Cool thx. To clarify, I am looking for the ring color (the ring around the speaker). Earlier post has a yellow ring. Im debating between that and orange and read your post to say you have orange.

There is no ring around the speaker like an LE.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-speaker-light-kit-for-stern-spike-2-machines-copy.html

#16759 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have done this, but I will do it again as apparently it'll be 3 weeks before I have optos...so I'll check it all again especially now that I can support things better and have a free hand. Thanks.

Well I realize it's probably the principal of the thing but you could probably get those optos in a couple of days from Pinball Life for around $30 shipped. Not the worst thing to eventually have a spare on hand when Stern eventually comes through.

I replaced my PDB due to clicking with one I paid $75 for and I expect Stern to replace my spare.

#16760 10 months ago

I hadn't even considered this. I may look. They're one day shipping for me.

Quoted from AMartin56:Well I realize it's probably the principal of the thing but you could probably get those optos in a couple of days from Pinball Life for around $30 shipped. Not the worst thing to eventually have a spare on hand when Stern eventually comes through.
I replaced my PDB due to clicking with one I paid $75 for and I expect Stern to replace my spare.

#16761 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Well I realize it's probably the principal of the thing but you could probably get those optos in a couple of days from Pinball Life for around $30 shipped. Not the worst thing to eventually have a spare on hand when Stern eventually comes through.

Screenshot_20230530-180114 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230530-180114 (resized).png
#16762 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image]

I don't think that's the ramp entrance one. It's your ramp entrance that's down correct ?

#16763 10 months ago

Correct. Only one I found quickly. I can email them.

Quoted from AMartin56:

I don't think that's the ramp entrance one. It's your ramp entrance that's down correct ?

#16764 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

[quoted image]

I think you want #2 and #3 in the diagram.

Screenshot_20230530-181756 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230530-181756 (resized).png
#16765 10 months ago

I agree

Quoted from AMartin56:

I think you want #2 and #3 in the diagram.
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20230530-182432 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230530-182432 (resized).png
#16766 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I agree
[quoted image]

Yeah. Since you don't know what side is broken as far as I remember.

#16767 10 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

It's quite ridiculous what this mod community sells a $2 3D print for. I get it, time printing, shipping, gotta make some cash, but what tf guys? I'm printing these now to test and it takes my shitty 3D printer 2.5 hrs at excellent quality with 20% infill (super overkill) to print. Hardly uses any filament.

The designer should definitely get a tip of a few bucks through thingiverse for anyone printing them for their own use. These are running on my printer now! 20 cents in plastic vs $60. Glad the creator posted his file and thanks for sharing the link!

#16768 10 months ago

#16769 10 months ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Is the Tilt Topper discontinued? There's probably some people who just got the game who would be interested in a run

I recommend you contact them. I was able to buy one direct for $275 shipped last month after looking at the topper being scalped on pinside for $500+...

#16770 10 months ago

Is that the cost to make them? 20 cents in filament? (isn't it like $30/lb)? I guess it depends on the material.... What did you use? What did the printer cost, what about power? Time? Time to setup and cleanup and time to deburr or whatever you have tk do to the piece..?

Quoted from Svenop:

The designer should definitely get a tip of a few bucks through thingiverse for anyone printing them for their own use. These are running on my printer now! 20 cents in plastic vs $60. Glad the creator posted his file and thanks for sharing the link!

#16771 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is that the cost to make them? 20 cents in filament? (isn't it like $30/lb)? I guess it depends on the material.... What did you use? What did the printer cost, what about power? Time? Time to setup and cleanup and time to deburr or whatever you have tk do to the piece..?

I think you need a budget printer. Pays for itself quickly printing at home

#16772 10 months ago

I was really looking for those answers because I'm curious what the cost really is.

Quoted from Svenop:

I think you need a budget printer. Pays for itself quickly printing at home

#16773 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I was really looking for those answers because I'm curious what the cost really is.

I could print like 40 sets of these things on a single roll of filament @$20 a roll. I think my Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro was $350 maybe. So I could pay off the printer and filament with 6-7 sets @$60 a pop. And then after 5 years, pay for my kids college education.

IMG_1783 (resized).jpegIMG_1783 (resized).jpegIMG_1786 (resized).jpegIMG_1786 (resized).jpeg
#16774 10 months ago

Lololololol

Quoted from Walk:

I could print like 40 sets of these things on a single roll of filament @$20 a roll. I think my Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro was $350 maybe. So I could pay off the printer and filament with 6-7 sets @$60 a pop. And then after 5 years, pay for my kids college education.

#16775 10 months ago

I guess it's time for my manufacturing department to get into 3d printing. Lol

#16776 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I guess it's time for my manufacturing department to get into 3d printing. Lol

Its fun learning to tinker with it. Once you get the hang of that, play around with some 3D modeling and maybe a couple printers to run more jobs. Or just print on demand depending on how much business comes in.

#16777 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

You should sell those for $50....

Quoted from Walk:

Amen to that. Glad u said it.

Never mind the guys that are profiteering and selling used parts and accessories at new retail prices when they got them at cost because they are a dealer. Or those that are hoarding games and driving up prices. There is so much broken to actually call this a community between owners and sellers, not one to leave cash on the table but because of the slimeballs that chase valuations thru the smoke show behind cloak and daggers.

#16778 10 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Amen to that. Glad u said it.
Never mind the guys that are profiteering and selling used parts and accessories at new retail prices when they got them at cost because they are a dealer. Or those that are hoarding games and driving up prices. There is so much broken to actually call this a community between owners and sellers, not one to leave cash on the table but because of the slimeballs that chase valuations thru the smoke show behind cloak and daggers.

Nitro has the shooter you're looking for in your ad.

Just got tracking info today for mine

#16779 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Nitro has the shooter you're looking for in your ad.
Just got tracking info today for mine

Take some video for us of how it lights up and what else it does, it’s controlled leds so there should be a pattern or something to it

#16780 10 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Take some video for us of how it lights up and what else it does, it’s controlled leds so there should be a pattern or something to it

I think it just pulses the yellow leds. I expect it feels really nice in your hand vs the standard shooter handle

#16781 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I think it just pulses the yellow leds. I expect it feels really nice in your hand vs the standard shooter handle

It feels much better than the normal one. It has a lot of weight to it. I only have 2 pins and my GZ has the stock one on it and it feels to cheap/light in comparison.

I (and others in this thread) had an issue with the amber shooter where it didn't shoot powerful enough. I had to change my spring to a red spring in order to fix the issue.

#16782 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I sent you a pm... But profit and gouging are big differences to me. Tantrum sells some cool stuff and his prices are very reasonable considering what I know about what goes into them. I am gathering that my $65 playfield Jacks are wildly overpriced and maybe not as fair.... Making a profit and providing something to someone they can't or don't want to produce on their own is great, gouging is bad++

In general, I don't comment specifically on how others price items since I don't know their situations, motivations, etc. As some know, I've designed and sell a lot of mods for a variety of games (nearly everything I offer is because at some point a owner asked me to design it). For the most part, I try to set the price as "fair" as I can so that as many people can purchase them as would like and I make a little for my efforts. However, there are a few mods that I really don't like making for one reason or another. Typically, these are items that require more manual effort, additional processing (e.g. painting, gluing, adding lighting, etc.), extra time, additional parts beyond what I can create myself (e.g. hardware, lighting, outsourced materials, etc.) For these items I elevate the price where I think it is worth my time and effort if/when someone does decide to purchase, and as a result I don't sell near as many of the item as I could if I priced more reasonably. Sounds a little counter intuitive, but this is strictly a hobby for me and at times I certainly value my time more than making a few extra bucks here and there.

I know not everybody has the skills or tools to design and make things, but many do. There have been several occasions where I saw an idea where I felt the pricing was out of line, so I basically did my best to copy the design and make my own. In these instances, I typically just make one for myself and that's the end of it (i.e. I don't advertise, sell to others, or even post in the threads that I made one for myself). I will admit in a handful of cases I felt my version was better, different enough, or offered more options to the buyer. In these cases, I typically contact the original designer and offer them my design for them to make or ask if they mind if I sell my version if they don't want to. In some cases they have accepted, but in other cases they reject me altogether (sometimes with fairly colorful and abusive language). Nobody wants their designs to be copied and undercut (has happened several times in my case), so I try my best not to do it to others.

#16783 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I guess none of you guys that just got yours have the wireform installed wrong, the raptor hitting the tower bracket, the ramp not flush on the left tower ramp, the trex ramp not reading your balls, or misc screws and nuts and washers laying around inside, that's just me? Lol

I have had some issues with this. Just got mine and the one-way spinner gate fell off after about 20 plays due to loose/missing screws.

#16784 10 months ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I have had some issues with this. Just got mine and the one-way spinner gate fell off after about 20 plays due to loose/missing screws.

Any ticking from your backbox when you turn it on? My build date was 5/8 and overall construction seems good but I had a bad PDB..

#16785 10 months ago

Mine clicks a bit....

Quoted from AMartin56:

Any ticking from your backbox when you turn it on? My build date was 5/8 and overall construction seems good but I had a bad PDB..

#16786 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mine clicks a bit....

Should click once. Mine prior to replacing the PDB ($75 board from PLife...one with the large caps in the video. Excuse the water noises in the background. I forgot to unplug the cat fountain):

A lot of discussion in the Foo Fighters thread. Apparently Stern got a bad batch. The date code below is the only one known to fail. Some of them might be good but all clickers have this date code so far.

It's apparently safe to use but likely will lessen the life span of your power supply if left alone. Someone suggested rated for 100k cycles and I assume each click is a cycle. So maybe mine was likely turning it on 40ish times each morning...

Screenshot_20230531-094124 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230531-094124 (resized).png

#16787 10 months ago

Woo hoo! Finally got the text from my distro that my JP prem is en route! If anyone else is still waiting, you should hear from your distro soon. I got my ST from the same distro and I got mine late compared to others in the the thread. Wonder if it’s just the order they ship out or I got unlucky.

#16788 10 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Woo hoo! Finally got the text from my distro that my JP prem is en route! If anyone else is still waiting, you should hear from your distro soon. I got my ST from the same distro and I got mine late compared to others in the the thread. Wonder if it’s just the order they ship out or I got unlucky.

Congrats man! It's a great game!

#16789 10 months ago

I still have the NIB power blades… retail is $350 plus shipping and I will sell them $325 shipped

IMG_2514 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
#16790 10 months ago

^^ just a heads up the effects are pretty much nill if you have ambient room lighting or pin stadiums.

#16791 10 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I still have the NIB power blades… retail is $350 plus shipping and I will sell them $325 shipped
[quoted image]

CpmyMDUUkAEVRRs (resized).jpgCpmyMDUUkAEVRRs (resized).jpg
#16792 10 months ago

Flipnout Greg says Stern hasn't decided what to do on these yet, but it's "safe to play it", as if I can do that anyway lol

Quoted from AMartin56:

Should click once. Mine prior to replacing the PDB ($75 board from PLife...one with the large caps in the video. Excuse the water noises in the background. I forgot to unplug the cat fountain):

A lot of discussion in the Foo Fighters thread. Apparently Stern got a bad batch. The date code below is the only one known to fail. Some of them might be good but all clickers have this date code so far.
It's apparently safe to use but likely will lessen the life span of your power supply if left alone. Someone suggested rated for 100k cycles and I assume each click is a cycle. So maybe mine was likely turning it on 40ish times each morning...
[quoted image]

#16793 10 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

[quoted image]

Put them in the Market ....and let it go...?

#16794 10 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Put them in the Market ....and let it go...?

Come on now. My man is offering you a deal of a lifetime at a savings of $25.

#16795 10 months ago

And shipping... As we have recently discussed sometimes that wildly higher than necessary. Lol

#16796 10 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

Come on now. My man is offering you a deal of a lifetime at a savings of $25.

Compared to other mods on the secondhand market… that is a deal of a lifetime

#16797 10 months ago

I’m getting some plays on my JP and I love the game. However I have two issues that I cannot iron out.

1) Raptor Wall. I posted earlier that it would not go down all the way. Got a couple responses to lower the screws underneath and I did adjust the screws. I actually took them too far down. Then back to what I think is proper. However, the wall still does not always go down flush. It does sometimes but probably 75%+ time does not. See first two pics, you can see it does not go flush. Any thoughts? I have not once had a raptor multi ball release properly. It is always stuck.

I believe the underlying issue is not the screws because when I had them down too low, it would still lower to this height most of the time.

2) T-Rex Ramp. See pic #3. I’ve had a ball stuck here 3 or 4 times. Hits the T-Rex, bounces up there and gets stuck. Any thoughts on fix? The plastic seems very short to me but I’m sure there is a reason for that …? Is there something I could put on top to push the ball to the left so it does not stick between that and the wire form?

Thank you

IMG_3289 (resized).jpegIMG_3289 (resized).jpegIMG_3290 (resized).jpegIMG_3290 (resized).jpegIMG_3291 (resized).jpegIMG_3291 (resized).jpeg
#16798 10 months ago

Can you measure the distance between the ramp cover and wireform (that's where it's stuck, right?) I can check mine tomorrow or this weekend when it's apart again. Make sure the wireform is installed into the tower correctly. Could always take out thr 2 black plastic spacers under the ramp cover I guess? Seems odd though.

Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

I’m getting some plays on my JP and I love the game. However I have two issues that I cannot iron out.
1) Raptor Wall. I posted earlier that it would not go down all the way. Got a couple responses to lower the screws underneath and I did adjust the screws. I actually took them too far down. Then back to what I think is proper. However, the wall still does not always go down flush. It does sometimes but probably 75%+ time does not. See first two pics, you can see it does not go flush. Any thoughts? I have not once had a raptor multi ball release properly. It is always stuck.
I believe the underlying issue is not the screws because when I had them down too low, it would still lower to this height most of the time.
2) T-Rex Ramp. See pic #3. I’ve had a ball stuck here 3 or 4 times. Hits the T-Rex, bounces up there and gets stuck. Any thoughts on fix? The plastic seems very short to me but I’m sure there is a reason for that …? Is there something I could put on top to push the ball to the left so it does not stick between that and the wire form?
Thank you
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#16799 10 months ago

Have you tried watching the gate from through the coin door when in test mode? You can hold down the safety switch so you can leave the door open. Just keep you hands and feet out of the vehicle until you release it. Is it moving freely?

#16800 10 months ago

Regarding the stuck ball. That's really bizarre.

Maybe lower the flipper strength a bit?
Are there any raised inserts in the area that create air balls? (Unlikely but worth checking).

Most likely the wireform just needs to be removed and bent upwards a bit. If that makes you nervous you could always add a washer or two under each attach point (starting near the top and working your way down) to see if it stops. Don't go to crazy or you might create other issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/336?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.