(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 427.
#16601 11 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I used warm white fo
r JP since that matched the GI in it.
Here is a pic I took after installing them. I also installed starpost lights and a trough light, but the trough light was more for effect. And this was taken with the lights out in the room in my blacked out basement.[quoted image]

Looks good! Thank you for sharing! Purchased these from Comet Pinball?

#16602 11 months ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I used warm white for JP since that matched the GI in it.
Here is a pic I took after installing them. I also installed starpost lights and a trough light, but the trough light was more for effect. And this was taken with the lights out in the room in my blacked out basement.[quoted image]

Awesome, sold!

#16603 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Since you asked about Foo and mentioned kiddos. Our 5 year old is loving Foo. He loves the alien and van toys and the theme of the aliens. It's gotten him into the band and he asks for their music now. I wouldn't have gotten it if the band was the theme, but the alien approach was a good moved. He loves watching the ball whip around during combos. The shot spotting with the action button helps him boost his score and get modes done. It's his favorite pin and approachable for kids.
He likes dinos and the JP movies but I dont think he'll play JP with how Foo is setup

Yes, i totally agree with the posts that you and JodyG where this title really ticks all the boxes.
As much as kids are curious into pinball when young, they quickly turn their attention towards wifi powered screens as they get older! Rather frustrating sometimes! But yes, stern and jack danger were brilliantly smart with pairing the band as a hero in the game, introducing a cute villain, and having familiar tunes play out over an innovative playfield layout.

Ive toyed with the idea of one beside my jppro, but most likely id have to sell my other games, drop a kidney, etc and i like have a few older games to mess with.

#16604 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Looks good! Thank you for sharing! Purchased these from Comet Pinball?

Yep!

#16605 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I walked from a small deposit when I felt like the communication was bad. Purchased one from Zach who has been great. Due to his free shipping I pretty much broke even.
In hindsight I was probably a few days premature but a) Zach would have been my first choice anyways if they hadn't been initially sold out b) if we were really that close I would have expected a little more info from my original guy.
But yes with the build likely complete IMO it's now or never for them to tell you something.

I hear ya and I agree the build is likely wrapped up by now and idk why he hasn’t heard anything. My deposit was $1K so I don’t really wanna walk from that. Only reason I use this distro is because I used him before and he’s the only one local to me. The rest are 2+ hours away. Just frustrating that the answer is always “stern hasnt told me anything” when I’m seeing other people getting them all over. Especially because I’ve already bought accessories. I just want to know if it’s happening or not…No clue if he can call stern himself and ask what’s going on but I wish he would. Bleh. Trying to bury my head in the sand at work today…

#16606 11 months ago

Recieved tracking info for JP PE from Cointaker today. For order timeline tracking this was a preorder placed 18 months ago that I had transfered to me. Cointaker advised they are shipping based on order date

Hopefully everyone waiting for shipping details from them gets it today!

#16607 11 months ago

My JP PREM arrived home
today

E3CE462B-E3D4-4306-9EB1-733519B71C65 (resized).jpegE3CE462B-E3D4-4306-9EB1-733519B71C65 (resized).jpeg
#16608 11 months ago

JP prem on factory Friday today….fingers crossed I hear from my distro today or next week

#16609 11 months ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

My JP PREM arrived home
today
[quoted image]

nice gameroom setup!

#16610 11 months ago

My 3 year old grandson let me borrow these for my game.

IMG_5296 (resized).jpegIMG_5296 (resized).jpeg
#16611 11 months ago

Hey park patrol… I couldn’t find any entries with “Mezel, raptor, and stuck”, so pardon if this has already been asked. But is there a fix for preventing side-shots from flying behind Mr. Raptor and getting stuck back there?

IMG_5846 (resized).jpegIMG_5846 (resized).jpeg

#16612 11 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hey park patrol… I couldn’t find any entries with “Mezel, raptor, and stuck”, so pardon if this has already been asked. But is there a fix for preventing side-shots from flying behind Mr. Raptor and getting stuck back there?
[quoted image]

Probably going to have to add mini posts in this area to direct the ball back into the lane. This is one downside of having mods in places they were not designed for...ball trap galore.

#16613 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

It should be standing up, weights at the back below the tail. I can take my glass off and get you more info if this doesn't help. There are 2 screws holding the base and it pivots back and forth. Mine has the tail hitting the wireform when it pivots but it doesn't seem to matter.

[quoted image][quoted image]

are the weights attached to both the raptor and the metal flapper?

#16614 11 months ago

I think just the raptor but I'm not looking at it and I put my unit back in place. I'll have it back out this weekend and will look closer if I can remember.

Quoted from Mcgringoloco:are the weights attached to both the raptor and the metal flapper?

#16615 11 months ago

Mission accomplished!

PXL_20230526_184444239.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230526_184444239.MP (resized).jpg
#16616 11 months ago

I guess none of you guys that just got yours have the wireform installed wrong, the raptor hitting the tower bracket, the ramp not flush on the left tower ramp, the trex ramp not reading your balls, or misc screws and nuts and washers laying around inside, that's just me? Lol

#16617 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I guess none of you guys that just got yours have the wireform installed wrong, the raptor hitting the tower bracket, the ramp not flush on the left tower ramp, the trex ramp not reading your balls, or misc screws and nuts and washers laying around inside, that's just me? Lol

I guess it’s good ole American engineering. Prob made on a Monday after a long weekend.

#16618 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

At least you got yours.

#16619 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If you were really fortunate you would have found a spare node board laying around inside!

Glad that you got it sorted out and you’ll be able to enjoy it this weekend.

#16620 11 months ago

Lol
Except I haven't. My trex ramp registers sometimes. Wife has stopped playing it because of it. I'll block off another couple hours to pull it out again and run whatever test on the optics and then presumably black tape some shit.

Quoted from EEE:

If you were really fortunate you would have found a spare node board laying around inside!
Glad that you got it sorted out and you’ll be able to enjoy it this weekend.

#16621 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Sorry to hear about all the problems with yours. I just received mine and so far it plays well. I MIGHT need to do the tape thing for fast T Rex ramp shots. You should be good when you get it dialed in. So far I've been very lucky with two Sterns. Only had a bad opto on Godzilla.

#16622 11 months ago

I’m in the club NIB Premium. May 18 build date.

One issue with 5 games in- the Raptor pen wall does not go all the way down and the ball gets stuck. I’ve been making my way through the forum since purchase but hadn’t seen this.

Is this a known issue? Any fix?
Thanks in advance

IMG_3274 (resized).jpegIMG_3274 (resized).jpeg
#16623 11 months ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

One issue with 5 games in- the Raptor pen wall does not go all the way down and the ball gets stuck. I’ve been making my way through the forum since purchase but hadn’t seen this.
Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

I think there is a stopper with a screw adjustment under the door

#16624 11 months ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Same here. Just set it up today.

#16625 11 months ago

Flythru to show what these Pingraphix Powerbladez are like. They would be more apparent if i had a darker playing area but for those that may not know, these are artblades with an animation sequence baked into them using some cool tech. Hope this helps anyone on the fence. Personally i like them, but id trade them for the lit shooter rod. Thanks for the smooth transaction Staythirsty

#16626 11 months ago

Anybody know where I can get the one of those matchbox helicopter mods for the premium edition? If nobody is selling them, are there instructions on how to do it?

#16627 11 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Anybody know where I can get the one of those matchbox helicopter mods for the premium edition? If nobody is selling them, are there instructions on how to do it?

Jurassic World Mission Chopper
Matchbox DFW17 box

#16630 11 months ago

So this is my second Spike 2 game. I noticed it clicks a bit from the backbox area when you first turn in on but then settles down. I noticed it while installing speaker upgrades. I don't think my GZ does this. Is it normal?

#16631 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

So this is my second Spike 2 game. I noticed it clicks a bit from the backbox area when you first turn in on but then settles down. I noticed it while installing speaker upgrades. I don't think my GZ does this. Is it normal?

A lot of this happening in the Foo Fighter thread. Seems like bad PDB. PinMonk is on a quest to solve it but it seems requesting a replacement PDB from Stern is the solution. Some have had success and some have said Stern said its fine...

#16632 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

A lot of this happening in the Foo Fighter thread. Seems like bad PDB. PinMonk is on a quest to solve it but it seems requesting a replacement PDB from Stern is the solution. Some have had success and some have said Stern said its fine...

Thanks man..I'll talk to my distributor on Tuesday.

#16633 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Thanks man..I'll talk to my distributor on Tuesday.

Initially Stern was sending a PDU then something else and now they’re doing further investigation before RMA.

#16634 11 months ago

Mine clicks about 5 times before doing anything when powered on. Not always 5 though, sometimes it's 2, sometimes it's 7.

#16635 11 months ago

Here you go. Attached directly to clever girls ass. Unless there is something else wrong with mine, I assume that's correct. Lol

Quoted from Mcgringoloco:

are the weights attached to both the raptor and the metal flapper?

PXL_20230527_212915423 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212915423 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212923149 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212923149 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212930706 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212930706 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212940962 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212940962 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212945914 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_212945914 (resized).jpg
#16636 11 months ago

Does anyone here have a JP and a Foo? Do they feel too similar? I can't help but see JP layout when I see Foo Fighters.

#16637 11 months ago

Well I couldn't immediately find the switch test for this so I threw some black tape on the right side (as you're looking at the machine) and it seems to have helped the not registering trex ramp shots BUT it has not helped trex not picking up the ball. I hit him in the teeth a dozen times over 3 games and another bunch by hand and he just let's me throat fuck him and never bites down. So, black tape is coming off, obviously not a fix for me, back to square one.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep mine is much more attractive lol. Just kidding.
Yes very early on they re-designed the metal ramp guard for the opto hole because it was a really common problem to have that entrance opto not register due to ball hop right there. They changed it so metal from the guard would cover the lower part of the opto hole that's in the side of the plastic ramp. I don't know if it was a 100% fix though.
Is it the entrance opto or the exit opto that sometimes isn't registering on yours?

#16638 11 months ago

I got my le speaker setup from pbl today and installed it. Looks good. Sounds good. There are 4 white dots you have to cover, they're the back of stickers on the speaker brackets and I removed them, seems odd they're there anyway where you can see them. Changed speakers in setup to 4ohm to match new Kenwood units. Also added comet matrix trough light strip, and my yellow cup holder from upkick, completely done other than need to get it actually working. Right now it's like a cool car with half the cylinders down.....just don't try and drive it and it's amazeballs.

PXL_20230527_215340290 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_215340290 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_222400783 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_222400783 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_232630261 (resized).jpgPXL_20230527_232630261 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_001057358 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_001057358 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_001104430 (resized).jpgPXL_20230528_001104430 (resized).jpg
#16639 11 months ago

And my start button is crooked. Fuck this game.lol.

#16640 11 months ago

I’m on the verge of buying the premium and I’ve not even had a chance to play one. There’s none around close to me but everything I see and hear says buy it and it looks fantastic lord help me lol

#16641 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I got my le speaker setup from pbl today and installed it. Looks good. Sounds good. There are 4 white dots you have to cover, they're the back of stickers on the speaker brackets and I removed them, seems odd they're there anyway where you can see them. Changed speakers in setup to 4ohm to match new Kenwood units. Also added comet matrix trough light strip, and my yellow cup holder from upkick, completely done other than need to get it actually working. Right now it's like a cool car with half the cylinders down.....just don't try and drive it and it's amazeballs.

This looks incredible. Do you have a link to this whole LE Speaker kit package?

#16642 11 months ago

Can someone who knows this game well help me out?

What are all the count down timers for when I am hearing "running out of time" or a actual countdown? What should I hit to complete before the count down is over?

Thanks

#16643 11 months ago

Pinball life made it for me, they had me buy their Kenwood lit speaker upgrade mod thing and email them what color I wanted and the subbed in the speaker gasket and yellow trim for the lighted stuff, $99 and it comes with the brackets, the correct larger speakers, the gasket and trim, wires and connector, even has the hardware and a frigging ziptie to replace the one you have to cut. Complete other than their instructions are for the lit kit, not thos le setup, but it's not much different. Then rememeber to go into audio settings and change back box speaker impedance to 4ohm (old small speakers are 8, new are 4).
I'd recommend emailing them ahead of time just in case something changed but I JUST got this.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html

They also have the different color plastic for behind/around the pro/premium badging on the backbox. I chose yellow to match the speaker trim, etc. Think they're $5.

Quoted from Walk:

This looks incredible. Do you have a link to this whole LE Speaker kit package?

#16644 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Pinball life made it for me, they had me buy their Kenwood lit speaker upgrade mod thing and email them what color I wanted and the subbed in the speaker gasket and yellow trim for the lighted stuff, $99 and it comes with the brackets, the correct larger speakers, the gasket and trim, wires and connector, even has the hardware and a frigging ziptie to replace the one you have to cut. Complete other than their instructions are for the lit kit, not thos le setup, but it's not much different. Then rememeber to go into audio settings and change back box speaker impedance to 4ohm (old small speakers are 8, new are 4).
I'd recommend emailing them ahead of time just in case something changed but I JUST got this.
https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html
They also have the different color plastic for behind/around the pro/premium badging on the backbox. I chose yellow to match the speaker trim, etc. Think they're $5.

That's awesome man, thanks. I want to do this to all of my machines.

#16645 11 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m on the verge of buying the premium and I’ve not even had a chance to play one. There’s none around close to me but everything I see and hear says buy it and it looks fantastic lord help me lol

This game is fantastic. You see people say "there's so many options on how to play and what to shoot for" and its absolutely true. The more I play this game the more I'm seeing different ways to play. I love the moving TREX and bashing the Raptor gate. The shots are tight. This isn't an easy game by any stretch. Multi-balls seem shorter than my other games and I seem to not get much out of them. But I absolutely love this game. Not sure how much longer they'll be running this one but I fully recommend grabbing one while you can.

Quoted from big-c66:

I’m on the verge of buying the premium

Do it!

#16646 11 months ago

I ordered the same setup for GZ too. Thanks. I think it looks much better than the plain black speakers. Here is a before and after.

Quoted from Walk:That's awesome man, thanks. I want to do this to all of my machines.

20230527_204135-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20230527_204135-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20230527_204312-COLLAGE (resized).jpg20230527_204312-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
#16647 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I ordered the same setup for GZ too. Thanks. I think it looks much better than the plain black speakers. Here is a before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I'm about to order 6 of these kits lol. Maybe they can throw me a bulk order discount lol. Doug @speakerlights has been awesome in answering a bunch of my questions but I'm not looking for lights as much as I'm looking for that LE Speaker look. Do the actual LE speakers have lights in them? Also, what's the speaker gasket from PBL for? Sound dampening? Kind of a spacer?

#16648 11 months ago

They don't. I love his setups just on other people's stuff, not mine if that makes sense....I just really liked the LE style and for the price I have zero complaints. $100 for everything you need. Add $5 for the premium/pro badge colored thing. Sold.

#16649 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Can someone who knows this game well help me out?
What are all the count down timers for when I am hearing "running out of time" or a actual countdown? What should I hit to complete before the count down is over?
Thanks

I always wonder the same thing. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! I look for flashing arrows and shit - come up empty every time

#16650 11 months ago

Yeah I’m sold. Reached out to PBL. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/333 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.