(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 424.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

Back to the raptor cage, when the light shows capture and I shoot the ball in, is anything supposed to happen?

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Back to the raptor cage, when the light shows capture and I shoot the ball in, is anything supposed to happen?

When I was playing your JP I noticed two things. One regarding the raptor switch - switch seems angled to the left and is pushed up against rubber. Could possibly be making the switch more difficult to activate.

Unrelated, I also noticed the upper right flipper was aligned to the right of the hole, causing the ball to catch on the post resulting in some nasty drains and reduced flow.

#1603 4 years ago

Thx. I thought the upper right flipper was supposed to be like that. So the ball would hit the post instead of shooting down the center drain

1568998067889107568292 (resized).jpg1568998067889107568292 (resized).jpg
#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx. I thought the upper right flipper was supposed to be like that. So the ball would hit the post instead of shooting down the center drain[quoted image]

Can the flipper be adjusted to where it should be?
Or is it the post that is misaligned ?

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I heard Elwin state on podcast that the ball should go down the middle if you don't flip the upper right flipper.
It should not hit the post on a smooth trajectory from the right orbit.
That's so you make sure you use the upper flipper or risk losing the ball.
Feature, not a bug.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I heard Elwin state on podcast that the ball should go down the middle if you don't flip the upper right flipper.
Feature, not a bug.

In the pictures above the post looks in a different position than others I’ve seen. Mine hasn’t come yet so I can’t compare

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Feature, not a bug.

umm think you may have heard him wrong.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Feature, not a bug.

Elwin said that if there wasn't a post there it would go SDTM which is one of the reasons they added the post (the other was to protect the flipper). With the post it's supposed to hit the left sling if you don't flip.

#1609 4 years ago

Compare this post alignment picture with the about picture. That was the concern I had. The don’t look the same to me

9EFAAF34-50E7-4C2A-BBE2-D38F540D7414 (resized).png9EFAAF34-50E7-4C2A-BBE2-D38F540D7414 (resized).png
#1610 4 years ago

Compared to this

71A5A8EB-792C-4030-806C-9A6849A95B6D (resized).png71A5A8EB-792C-4030-806C-9A6849A95B6D (resized).png
#1611 4 years ago

The ball should hit the post, it has been mentioned in an interview.

#1612 4 years ago

Thx guys

Fixed the raptor target. The black wire was blocking the switch.

1569002019415343197973 (resized).jpg1569002019415343197973 (resized).jpg
#1613 4 years ago

Yeah, I got my first raptor multiball

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Feature, not a bug.

It was the opposite.. they put the post in to stop the SDTM.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx guys
Fixed the raptor target. The black wire was blocking the switch.[quoted image]

I'll have to look at ours in league tomorrow. We noticed last night that the back target wasn't registering. Turns out that it was wedged to the left and stuck behind the rubber and permanently closed. It almost looks like I need to bend the bracket to the right a little to get it away from the rubber.

Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll make sure the wire isn't in the way tomorrow before I start drinking at the tournament.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'll have to look at ours in league tomorrow. We noticed last night that the back target wasn't registering. Turns out that it was wedged to the left and stuck behind the rubber and permanently closed. It almost looks like I need to bend the bracket to the right a little to get it away from the rubber.
Thanks for posting the resolution. I'll make sure the wire isn't in the way tomorrow before I start drinking at the tournament.

I actually zip tied the black wire to the back of the target, so it wouldn't happen again. I also redirected the remaining wire, so that it's not so tight.

#1617 4 years ago

JP Pro in the house! Have owned all of the recent Stern releases (the majority of which in the Pro version) Can’t really explain but there is a different feel to this one. In a good way. First It really incorporates the 3rd flipper into gameplay. As a result game play is not only up and down but left to right as well. Plenty to do and to shoot for. Gameplay, sound, and lighting are top notch. Very fun/cool out of the gate.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It was the opposite.. they put the post in to stop the SDTM.

well, my wife does blame me for selective hearing, so it wouldn't be the first time I missed something.
So the ball should hit the post and roll down. I'll have to now see how mine is set up

#1619 4 years ago

Here are fixes I've had to do during first week on location. About 180 plays at home before location. Just over 300 when i went to repair. Not sure if flipper resets when you reset audits, but right flipper was around 12k. Left flipper no issues and around 9k. Raptor target was getting stuck on left rubber ring. I just loosened the screws on the target mount and realigned it properly then tightened down, simple. Will make sure to check if it slips out of position. Right flippers became sluggish. After investigation, both right coil stops had blown out. Replacing those restored power to %100. Luckily I've read this is common so had some back up coil stops ready. I did adjust the eos switch a bit before discovering the coil stop and received a message upon power up saying something like node board 8 overenergized. Not sure what that means. Pooling has started and pretty significantly on the left sling with large washer. Other pooling spots don't seem to be progressing.

20190919_150226 (resized).jpg20190919_150226 (resized).jpg20190919_155504 (resized).jpg20190919_155504 (resized).jpg20190919_160719 (resized).jpg20190919_160719 (resized).jpg
#1620 4 years ago

Thought I would post this here as well. Impressions of the LE:

So l played an LE for almost two hours today. Here are my impressions.

Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!

1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works.

2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.

3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic

4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!

5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.

6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.

7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.

8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.

Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.

Stern - job well done.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Going in, I already knew I wanted this game but wasn't sure pro or prem/LE. The long short of it is premium/le ALL THE WAY and the PF was perfect - def much less clear on it which seems to be the answer along with no art by posts!
1) Art on the LE is so much better than the pro (in person). I won't revisit my take on the pro considering it's not very positive but good rebound on the LE. I'm not a fan of that JP3 Dino or the car but in the aggregate it works.
2) Right off the bat, you start the game and a glaring difference from the pro is the helicopter. Yes it looks cool but what was surprising to me was the sound it makes which is very loud. It really adds to the overall effect and gets you right into that JP mood.
3) Right after that I was greeted with a HUGE TREX roar that had the toy visibly open it's mouth and it was just awesome. It really got me engaged in the game and instantly took that relatively dull/stagnant corner of the Pro and brought it too life. BAM - toy in your face right in the beginning - loved it. Afterwards it would just follow the ball but in many different directions and it felt organic
4) TREX eating the ball - very cool although a couple things. The shot needs to be basically perfect otherwise it won't work. I also would like stern to close the mouth MUCH quicker as the current delay kind of breaks the effect a little as the REX mouth seems to be on a slight delay. The mech worked everytime when the shot was lined up right. It didn't throw it during any of my games though - hopefully that's still in! I also think the JP DE eating is cooler, but Stern JP throwing is better than the swallow so a draw!
5) Quality wise, the game feels better than the pro. This was in line with my previous experience with LE/prem vs pro - not sure why since Stern hasn't said they differ in build but it felt heavier no question.
6) Sound effects in this game are fantastic. Call outs, especially the main guy with the accent are bad.
7) Raptor Pit - BIG difference on the prem/LE. I knew TREX would be hard to pass on but not this. I was wrong. The gate going up, the effects that play and the way it works makes this shot make so much more sense vs. playing the pro.
8 ) Stern - give the LE guys matching trim on the backbox. Cmon now. As for the powder, I'm not really a huge fan. Could have matched with a diff color.
Overall - I'm def getting a prem and my concerns about pfs has been really helped by this experience.
Stern - job well done.

I give it 4 months before we see this for sale from you!

I wish I could do it with some pins. I just get to attached for some reason.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx. I thought the upper right flipper was supposed to be like that. So the ball would hit the post instead of shooting down the center drain[quoted image]

I agree, but taking into consideration the flipper guide hole, I think yours is a little far right. Should graze post and then hit left sling from what I have seen, but I found the ball hitting the post and heading straight for the left outlane, which was not the experience I had on the other JP I've played. Unsure what the actual intention is though!

Glad you fixed the rapter target! Was it strictly the wire or was it pushed against rubber as well? I know when I played I got a raptor multiball, but it happened seemingly quickly and I think was due to the switch being jammed closed.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I give it 4 months before we see this for sale from you!
I wish I could do it with some pins. I just get to attached for some reason.

maybe..... But themes I love that actually sound, look and play well def stay the longest. Hello alien....

#1624 4 years ago

Compare this post alignment picture with the about picture. That was the concern I had. The don’t look the same to me[quoted image]

It seems some are shipping with flippers alligned differently. I didn't adjust that flipper it came lined up to the post in the middle.

#1625 4 years ago

I was alerted by the owner of The Flipper Room that this just happened! It ended up being that Stern forgot to install the second screw on the playfield support. It took over 2 weeks of location play for this to eventually happen.

I obviously recommend to all owners to check this on your machines very soon!

151486675453850451 (resized).jpg151486675453850451 (resized).jpg6661628956826108909 (resized).jpg6661628956826108909 (resized).jpg8372104955578226085 (resized).jpg8372104955578226085 (resized).jpg
#1626 4 years ago

There is a flipper alignment divot on the playfield. If you center the end of the bat with it, the flipper will line up even with the post. This way you will get no hop as the ball exits the loop. Keith told me the post is there to protect the flipper bat, not force you to use the flipper. We had to slightly adjust the one on our pro.

#1627 4 years ago

Green trough and backboard lighting a must.

1C287913-6F50-41F1-8B8D-867CD98073BA (resized).jpeg1C287913-6F50-41F1-8B8D-867CD98073BA (resized).jpeg98A98F45-9A78-4559-A754-14D9C24291A2 (resized).jpeg98A98F45-9A78-4559-A754-14D9C24291A2 (resized).jpeg
#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

There is a flipper alignment divot on the playfield. If you center the end of the bat with it, the flipper will line up even with the post. This way you will get no hop as the ball exits the loop. Keith told me the post is there to protect the flipper bat, not force you to use the flipper. We had to slightly adjust the one on our pro.

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Looking forward to get my premium. Trying to gather as much intel about the game and it’s glitches before I receive my pin.

#1629 4 years ago

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. Looking forward to get my premium. Trying to gather as much intel about the game and it’s glitches before I receive my pin.

Sure thing! We have a Premium coming as well. Stoked!

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Green trough and backboard lighting a must.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a lot of F'n green bruh

#1631 4 years ago

Mine came with it not aligned to the guide hole. Same for the one on location I play. I think the bigger concern is the tower shot. My recommend is don't adjust anything until you play it some and see how many rejects you get from the tower. I have adjusted that flipper a couple of times now and in the end it's back off center where it came from the factory because I get slightly less tower rejects.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Mine came with it not aligned to the guide hole. Same for the one on location I play. I think the bigger concern is the tower shot. My recommend is don't adjust anything until you play it some and see how many rejects you get from the tower. I have adjusted that flipper a couple of times now and in the end it's back off center where it came from the factory because I get slightly less tower rejects.

Hmmm... thanks for the insight!

#1633 4 years ago

Didn’t know there were leprechauns in Nublar.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

And people said pinstadiums looked bad....

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Thanks for showing the green lighting options.
I think everyone on here knows that colored led lighting doesn’t photograph well, I’m guessing that the game looks even better in person.

I do get pretty bummed sometimes by the people who can’t just enjoy seeing someone’s game done differently then they’d do a game they own.
If you don’t like someone’s mod then that’s fine, but picking on them for trying something different, and being good enough to show it here, is just a downer.

I use to build classic cars, at every show you get some ding-dong who would walk up and say “you should have, blah, blah , blah, something different” rather then admiring the cool car you built.
If they don’t like it fine, but find the things you do like, say something nice, or keep your mouth shut.

Enough crap in this world without bringing folks down for trying something they dreamed up, especially when it’s in a kickass fun hobby like pinball, just enjoy the game and be nice.

Sorry for the rant.

#1636 4 years ago

So they have one tab New York New York in Vegas - very nice game of course it almost new and they always have well maintained games upstairs in their arcade.

I liked the game but I would not own it, original layout for sure lots to shoot at, cool animations, just kind of not the most fun for some reason.

I was excited when I saw it and played it multiple times just could not get into it.

They have some really nice games there and I played others more.

I suppose as normal Pinside has moved onto Elvira 3 now as that one is old news just months after it’s launch.

It’s decent maybe it could grow on me, it’s beautiful but just not for me.

I ended up playing Ghostbusters more.

04AE2CDA-A185-4B54-A495-FC1849A2EFE3 (resized).jpeg04AE2CDA-A185-4B54-A495-FC1849A2EFE3 (resized).jpeg2454D1DA-01CF-4466-B353-7B0B4FEA9F76 (resized).jpeg2454D1DA-01CF-4466-B353-7B0B4FEA9F76 (resized).jpeg
#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

So they have one tab New York New York in Vegas - very nice game of course it almost new and they always have well maintained games upstairs in their arcade.
I liked the game but I would not own it, original layout for sure lots to shoot at, cool animations, just kind of not the most fun for some reason.
I was excited when I saw it and played it multiple times just could not get into it.
I suppose as normal Pinside has moved onto Elvira 3 now as that one is old news just months after it’s launch.
I ended up playing Ghostbusters more.[quoted image][quoted image]

Their games suck! I was just there last month, before they got jp2, and I was pretty disappointed for the most part. I had played every game there elsewhere and found their pins to be pretty meh. Set super hard and super steep, some unlevel. Several had broken features. I just didn't get the vibe that they put a whole lot of care into them. If I had to base my opinion of Deadpool off of theirs I'd not like it as much as I do.

I'd recommend giving JP another shot elsewhere, well worth a second opinion

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

Their games suck! I was just there last month, before they got jp2, and I was pretty disappointed for the most part. I had played every game there elsewhere and found their pins to be pretty meh. Set super hard and super steep, some unlevel. Several had broken features. I just didn't get the vibe that they put a whole lot of care into them. If I had to base my opinion of Deadpool off of theirs I'd not like it as much as I do.
I would give JP another shot elsewhere, well worth a second opinion i say

#1639 4 years ago

Flip n' Out Twitch Stream for JP2 LE is up :
http://www.twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:Glad you fixed the rapter target! Was it strictly the wire or was it pushed against rubber as well? I know when I played I got a raptor multiball, but it happened seemingly quickly and I think was due to the switch being jammed closed.

When I tested the target in the switch test menu, it wasn't registering at all. When I removed the target, it appeared the wire was in the middle of the two switch blades preventing the switch from closing.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

When I tested the target in the switch test menu, it wasn't registering at all. When I removed the target, it appeared the wire was in the middle of the two switch blades preventing the switch from closing.

It's possible that it might have been jammed up on the rubber too. Not sure.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunder90:

I'd recommend giving JP another shot elsewhere, well worth a second opinion

Their games have a lot of mods most are pros but they are decent - everything worked while I was there.

JP was just - meh - ok for me.

But it’s unique for sure on play field layout I see why others will like it.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stern - job well done.

I was going to get a Pro but p/f issues and the washer version put paid to that.

Now I can wait, and I think I will get a HUO Premium with a good p/f, a year down the line.

LE/Premium does look a lot more immersive and on this title, that seems more important than usual.

#1644 4 years ago

Hi,

i will print an 3d part for an lcd screen which will play animations.

Did anyone made something like that already and have an .stl file for me?

I mean something like that with an hole for the lcd screen

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:744532

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was going to get a Pro but p/f issues and the washer version put paid to that.

Same, I already have two games with playfield issues, I certainly don't need to add a third.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I ended up playing Ghostbusters more.[quoted image][quoted image]

You must be pretty hard to please because JP2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

#1647 4 years ago

Well it looks a lot better then that pinstadium shit. To each it’s own I guess.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

I do get pretty bummed sometimes by the people who can’t just enjoy seeing someone’s game done differently then they’d do a game they own. If you don’t like someone’s mod then that’s fine, but picking on them for trying something different, and being good enough to show it here, is just a downer.

I think it’s okay to express an opinion, especially when someone says their mod is “a must”. For some reason everyone thinks they can make a jungle-themed pin look better by adding more green lighting. The Congo thread is full of pics like that. I think it looks 100% wrong - it changes all the colors on the game, and it’s an insult to the artist. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t enjoy having a beer with the guy who posted it.

Conversely, I’m sure that some people don’t like my T-Rex mod, and that’s fine. What are we here for if not to share mods and opinions? I’m just glad there’s another thread for people to post their LE numbers.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m just glad there’s another thread for people to post their LE numbers.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stern - job well done.

Thanks @delt31, good summary. So the premium looks better than the LE too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.