(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 424.
#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never paid for a machine until it was in the box ready for me. Not sure why others continue dealing with these distributors that ask for the balance before the game arrives.

Who is the distributor you use? Maybe I need to change.

#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never paid for a machine until it was in the box ready for me. Not sure why others continue dealing with these distributors that ask for the balance before the game arrives.

Your distributer ships the game to your house, it arrives, and then you pay!? I want that distributer!

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Your distributer ships the game to your house, it arrives, and then you pay!? I want that distributer!

Why is that so unusual? What else do you pay for weeks before you receive it? Real estate doesn’t even work that way.

#1554 4 years ago

Jurassic park short film released today by universal studios.

#1555 4 years ago

Hey Everyone! I am currently all-in on a JP Premium and I am super stoked!

Just finished two launch parties here in the SoCal area at AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys and Captain's Auction Showroom in Anaheim. However, I just wanted to point out that there seems to be some delay with L.E.'s getting out to customers since there was supposed to be an LE at the Captains tournament. Kinda bummed about that, but it was a great event overall, don't get me wrong!

Referring back to the initial image release by Stern showcasing all the launch parties, the locations, and the machines that will be featured, Captains is the second event in green font, as seen here: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Jurassic-Park-Launch-Party-Flyer.jpg

My distributor has informed me that my premium should be in and ready to be shipped out to me some time between the last week in Sept. and first week in Oct.

Let's see how that holds up *Fingers Crossed* - Impatience kills.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

My distro said that Stern has told them nothing and he suggested that I call Stern to find out if the issues are resolved. Fyi, I was asked for final payment on my premium. I'm not really happy with that response though. It doesn't give me much confidence.

What distributor?

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Why is that so unusual? What else do you pay for weeks before you receive it? Real estate doesn’t even work that way.

I didn’t say weeks in advance. I asked if some distributors invoice after the game arrives.

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I didn’t say weeks in advance. I asked if some distributors invoice after the game arrives.

If you’re paying in full now for a prem/LE - that’s at least one week in advance, probably two.

Mine is on delivery or pickup.

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Good old fashioned toxic chemicals.
Cant make a good clear coat without those sweet, sweet hazardous materials of the 80s and 90s

I think out of all the theories this one is the most plausible. The chemical composition of today is not the same as yesteryear due to environmental regulations. Why did they remove the color from under post? Well because there is a chemical reaction between the two substrates(ink and post). The same thing happened with the plastic inserts for Ghostbusters. Has nothing to do with how long the clear coat cured but rather the chemical composition and different chemical reactions.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What difference does it make if the money is in your pocket another 2 weeks.
If you trust the distributor, I don't understand the issue.

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

.23 cents in interest!

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yep, I was thinking the same thing... pay me now or pay me later. When I decide to buy something the money is gone as far as I'm concerned. I would rather just pay it now and get it out of the way.

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep, I was thinking the same thing... pay me now or pay me later. When I decide to buy something the money is gone as far as I'm concerned. I would rather just pay it now and get it out of the way.

Said the big lebowski early achiever.

I dont think you should ever pay for something you havent got. Most employers share this view.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Said the big lebowski early achiever.
I dont think you should ever pay for something you havent got. Most employers share this view.

Not even in the same ball park, sorry! We're not talking about new start ups that we don't know anything about. We are talking about our distributors that we've been dealing with for years.

#1565 4 years ago

Was just asked for balance on my Premium. Melissa said it ships next week to me.

#1566 4 years ago

Finally had a ball get stuck under the truck last night. First time in about 500 games on the machine so not bad.

#1567 4 years ago

The upper right flipper on my JP is relatively weak in comparison to the main flippers, only about 1/10 shots make the guard tower. The coil stops have all been replaced (out of necessity).. One thing I noticed is the upper right flipper coil is a different model, a little smaller than the main flippers. Also there is a LOT of slop in the mechanism for some reason. Anyone else notice this or tweak theirs at all?

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jurassic park short film released today by universal studios.

Thank for this post! This reminds me how much the The Lost World main theme is lacking on JP2.

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Was just asked for balance on my Premium. Melissa said it ships next week to me.

Nice!! That means LE's are coming in hot!!

#1570 4 years ago

Just got a notice from my distributor to expect final invoice last week of September and they'll start shipping first week of October.

#1571 4 years ago

Late to the thread, didn't want to start a new one.

I'm considering selling my Star Trek Pro for a JP Pro. If you've got experience with both, how do the games contrast and what is the code depth relative to ST? I've had ST since I bought it new about 3 years ago and am ready for something different.

I played JP a bit last week but not enough to make an informed decision.

#1572 4 years ago

Woot My Tracking info says my LE Delivery is tomorrow!

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Who did you order through? Trent?

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Nice, I was told mine ships this week, but I do not have tracking yet.

#1575 4 years ago

Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh got their LE in tonight!

#1576 4 years ago

We had three truck stuck balls at our launch party. At least one gets stuck a day.

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

We had three truck stuck balls at our launch party. At least one gets stuck a day.

I've had 4 that I know of, probably more than people don't report. Fortunately it seems to be able to unlodge itself if you wail on it with a ball for a while but this really does need to be addressed by Stern.

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just got a notice from my distributor to expect final invoice last week of September and they'll start shipping first week of October.

Looks like we're using the same distributor!

Thanks again for your business.

I wanted to send you the latest update I got today from Stern regarding Jurassic Park Premiums:

"Jurassic Park Premium begin shipping the first week in October"

Look for the our final invoice the last week of September.

JP is a ton of fun!

Thank you again.

#1579 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1580 4 years ago

1st toy added...
20190918_165321 (resized).jpg20190918_165321 (resized).jpg20190918_122606 (resized).jpg20190918_122606 (resized).jpg
The glory for $1 flea market buys.

#1581 4 years ago

Looks like it'll just perfectly catch & hold an airball. Well done.

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Customer wins a prize if so.
Would've been a cool ball lock feature...

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

1st toy added...

The glory for $1 flea market buys.

Can you tell me where you got that mounting plate? That looks handy.

#1584 4 years ago

Well my LE shows up on Monday, keeping fingers crossed for the modified playfield and no pooling/chipping.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

lift off from the helipad

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well my LE shows up on Monday, keeping fingers crossed for the modified playfield and no pooling/chipping.

Roll the dice on a 9k purchase. You are a better man than me.

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Roll the dice on a 9k purchase. You are a better man than me.

I wouldn't say better man, maybe dumber man.
JJP I don't have confidence would help out still thus why I won't pull trigger on a Wonka.
My distributor and Stern, I know in the end will make it right. Is it a gamble, of course, but not the end of the world for me to deal with it if necessary.

#1588 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything regarding accessories and topper for JP?

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Can you tell me where you got that mounting plate? That looks handy.

They are common mounting brackets that come with switcher arcade power supplies. To my knowledge thats their own sourcing.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone heard anything regarding accessories and topper for JP?

If you're waiting on a Stern JP amber shooter rod, Stern hasn't made them yet and I was told to expect that to ship later. No word on a topper other than its $425.

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If you're waiting on a Stern JP amber shooter rod, Stern hasn't made them yet and I was told to expect that to ship later. No word on a topper other than its $425.

So much for having them shipped at the end of August like what was said

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I wouldn't say better man, maybe dumber man.
JJP I don't have confidence would help out still thus why I won't pull trigger on a Wonka.
My distributor and Stern, I know in the end will make it right. Is it a gamble, of course, but not the end of the world for me to deal with it if necessary.

Good luck man. I think you're going to be good as Stern seemed to have removed the art.

That being said I'm waiting to see how they do in the wild even without art by them.

#1593 4 years ago

Replacement raptors ready @ hookedonpinball.com
We chose "Blue" as he was my favorite in the series. Quick and easy I stall shown on our site.
Mouth and arms are adjustable.
Chunk that flat plastic comes with the new flasher dome.
20190915_154031 (resized).jpg20190915_154031 (resized).jpg

20190915_145526 (resized).jpg20190915_145526 (resized).jpg
#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Who did you order through? Trent?

Flip N OUT

My LE arrived yesterday. All in all The game plays great. My PF looks great

Couple of small things. flipper hop on both flippers occasionally. I tried adjust the lane guides once. Maybe it will take some more dialing.

And the Trex is rejecting a clean shot about 35% of the time.

#1595 4 years ago

Just a quick plug for PinMonk ‘s silent fan mod - I did this on Jurassic Park and Star Wars both tonight. It is a HUGE improvement.

I got mine via PBL as I was putting another order in anyway, but he also sells them here. Easy to do, good instructions, and it makes the machine stop sounding like a hair dryer.

#1596 4 years ago

I've never heard my fan.

Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I've never heard my fan.
Also, I haven't had a chance to play mine much, because it's on location. I'm not sure if my raptor cage is working correctly. It'll say capture, but when I shoot the balls in there, it doesn't change anything. Even after a few shots. I might need to check the switch

You’d never hear the SPIKE fan on location, but in the house it’s like a chainsaw in your head.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You’d never hear the SPIKE fan on location, but in the house it’s like a chainsaw in your head.

Do you have the volume of the game set at zero? I don't notice it at a reasonable volume.

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have the volume of the game set at zero? I don't notice it at a reasonable volume.

My GOTG fan is really loud. I believe it’s the same fan. I notice mine when the game is on and it isn’t being played mostly.

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/32?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.