(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 427.
#16201 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Hi everyone-I've owned a pro for about a year and a half now. I went and played a premium at a local pinball arcade, and was shocked at how much smoother it shot. The tower ramp wasn't clunky, was much easier to hit, and just overall a smooth shooter. Has anyone had a "clunky" JP, and if so any tips to get it to shoot better?

For tower shot, check to see if screws in the lane are making contact with the ball. If they aren't making contact, then check for ball hop as the ball transitions from the right orbit ball guide onto the upper flipper. It's pretty common that the end of that guide needs to be pushed out a bit and retightened so the ball transitions smoothly onto the flipper instead of hitting the back of the bat and hopping away from it so that the ball is not on the face of the bat when you flip. That can make a difference on how smoothly the tower shoots.

Note that the lower left bat also frequently has ball hop, so that guide may need to be nudged up and retightened occasionally also. On mine I notice it when I need to make adjustments to those two spots again because the shots start to get just a bit less smooth. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when I adjust it again. Goes right back to being super smooth.

In general for this machine, to get shots dialed in I suggest trying different combinations of flipper power and pitch until you get to a spot you like for all the shots. Between eliminating ball hop and adjusting flipper power & pitch you should be able to get it shooting smooth. Unless there's something going on like the screws contacting the ball in the tower lane.

#16202 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For tower shot, check to see if screws in the lane are making contact with the ball. If they aren't making contact, then check for ball hop as the ball transitions from the right orbit ball guide onto the upper flipper. It's pretty common that the end of that guide needs to be pushed out a bit and retightened so the ball transitions smoothly onto the flipper instead of hitting the back of the bat and hopping away from it so that the ball is not on the face of the bat when you flip. That can make a difference on how smoothly the tower shoots.
Note that the lower left bat also frequently has ball hop, so that guide may need to be nudged up and retightened occasionally also. On mine I notice it when I need to make adjustments to those two spots again because the shots start to get just a bit less smooth. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when I adjust it again. Goes right back to being super smooth.
In general for this machine, to get shots dialed in I suggest trying different combinations of flipper power and pitch until you get to a spot you like for all the shots. Between eliminating ball hop and adjusting flipper power & pitch you should be able to get it shooting smooth. Unless there's something going on like the screws contacting the ball in the tower lane.

I notice the flipper hop a lot on the lower right flipper when I changed from standard rubbers to super bands, I switch back and that helped I haven’t tried to adjust the ball guide though.
It made the left ramp shot very inconsistent

#16203 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

What this guy said about the ball guide that leads to that upper flipper. Also i think my flipper power is around 220 for that one. Its butter. Also check the pitch of your game.

#16204 1 year ago

Just joined the club with a pro. Loving it so far. Trying to install movie code however when I use windisk manager I keep getting an error. I’m not a computer guy if anyone would be so kind to help I would appreciate it

6944B778-64EE-4BA4-A50B-139FAF9D0FBD (resized).jpeg6944B778-64EE-4BA4-A50B-139FAF9D0FBD (resized).jpegB7E8CCB0-22ED-40C6-B11C-3193FE515F15 (resized).jpegB7E8CCB0-22ED-40C6-B11C-3193FE515F15 (resized).jpeg
#16205 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Just joined the club with a pro. Loving it so far. Trying to install movie code however when I use windisk manager I keep getting an error. I’m not a computer guy if anyone would be so kind to help I would appreciate it [quoted image][quoted image]

Well for one 1.07 is not the "movie code".....

#16206 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Just joined the club with a pro. Loving it so far. Trying to install movie code however when I use windisk manager I keep getting an error. I’m not a computer guy if anyone would be so kind to help I would appreciate it [quoted image][quoted image]

You should try to find the 1.05 movie code which will have a RAW file extension. Then you can write it to the sdcard. The 1.07 SPK is the latest Stern factory code ready to be dropped on a USB stick and then upgraded.

#16207 1 year ago

Dang I will try to find it. Seems secretive and hard to get

#16208 1 year ago

Got an LE today!!!!

I had a premium. Is the LE T-Rex supposed to be green? My Premium T-Rex is brown.

Thanks! I'm excited!!

#16209 1 year ago

I just installed Cliffy’s ramp replacements, and my goodness I’m hitting that tower shot like it’s the left ramp. Highly recommend this mod.

#16210 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Got an LE today!!!!
I had a premium. Is the LE T-Rex supposed to be green? My Premium T-Rex is brown.
Thanks! I'm excited!!

Pretty sure they were all green to begin with then they run out and started to use brown. Green for the win! Welcome to the LE club! Best pin ever!

#16211 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Sending you the link you need for the movie code. Edit, message me, I am out of my 15 daily messages I can create on Pinside mail. I can reply to every message via my email though.

Anyone else needing it can message me. Code thread is here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-movie-code-updated-amp-available-here-now#post-7476076

#16212 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Have you tried the Cliffy carbon fiber ramp flaps for the tower and helipad?

Highly recommended. Noticed a difference on both ramps.

#16213 1 year ago

+3 on the Cliffy carbon flaps. Night and day on my Prem.

#16214 1 year ago

Is Cliffy still making the kit for JP? I’ve emailed twice for one and never heard back. It’s been months so it’s not a timing thing…

#16215 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Is Cliffy still making the kit for JP? I’ve emailed twice for one and never heard back. It’s been months so it’s not a timing thing…

Yes, but apparently his is way behind on orders.

#16216 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I just ordered the carbon ramp ones and he got my order to me really quick, not sure about the other metal ones didn’t feel as those were needed

#16217 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I just ordered the carbon ramp ones and he got my order to me really quick, not sure about the other metal ones didn’t feel as those were needed

Hmm maybe I didn’t say the magic code words or something

#16218 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I heard from him over the weekend. He has a huge volume of orders these days, and while he stocks a ton of the stuff in his shop, he doesn't have everything all the time. This is his MAIN business, not a side gig, so if it's been months, just drop him another note to make sure it didn't get lost. Also, check your email address for him: [email protected]

#16219 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Order the set.... so nice. And extra protection

#16220 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Probably because the creator didn't want it in open circulation. All in the dedicated thread (now closed)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

There's a couple of other threads that will help you if you search..

#16221 1 year ago

Had the most epic game practicing deathsaves..
3 ball, factory settings and mode timers.
20230320_203324 (resized).jpg20230320_203324 (resized).jpg

#16222 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

[quoted image]

Nice visitor center bonus!

#16223 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Probably because the creator didn't want it in open circulation. All in the dedicated thread (now closed)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project
There's a couple of other threads that will help you if you search..

Movie code is freely available here. No secrets, just email me asking for the link to the game model you have.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-movie-code-updated-amp-available-here-now#post-7482595

#16224 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

but you know its an illegal move ?

#16225 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but you know its an illegal move ?

that's ok, i'll never play in a tournament. game is still set to 2 tilt warnings!

#16226 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

can you order just the carbon ramp protectors ?

#16227 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

can you order just the carbon ramp protectors ?

Yup sure can just request then he should be able to send you an invoice for just what you need/want.

#16228 1 year ago

Having a weird issue on my “C” shot when the computer modes are lit. I shoot the shot, the game holds the ball as it should but it automatically chooses the computer mode for me without letting me choose. Happens about 1 out of every 5 times.

Any ideas?

#16229 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Having a weird issue on my “C” shot when the computer modes are lit. I shoot the shot, the game holds the ball as it should but it automatically chooses the computer mode for me without letting me choose. Happens about 1 out of every 5 times.
Any ideas?

It picks a mode of you happen to get a danger as you go into control room, other than that maybe the action button is sticking? I’d start there

#16230 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Any ideas?

As mentioned above check the lockbar button. Likely stuck on. I’ve had that happen to me.

#16231 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

that's ok, i'll never play in a tournament. game is still set to 2 tilt warnings!

yep, was joking, its your pin, your home...

#16232 1 year ago

Is there any top 5/10 lists of mods? I have a premium coming in June and while I have cared very little to mod my godzilla I want to do as much on my JP as it is by far my favorite movie of all time.

#16233 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Is there any top 5/10 lists of mods? I have a premium coming in June and while I have cared very little to mod my godzilla I want to do as much on my JP as it is by far my favorite movie of all time.

Depends on what you care about.

I have so far added a topper, changed the translite, added a shaker (must), custom start button, upgraded speakers and added LED speakers. I haven't done anything under the glass.. I may still do that but the cabinet and speakers were my priority.

20230302_185632 (resized).jpg20230302_185632 (resized).jpg

#16234 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

My go to upgrades are shaker, speakers, titans, and precision flipper bushing.

This makes the game play, sound, and feel better this is what I’m always looking for.

Invisiglass would be another thing I might invest in later to swap into a new games.

Pinstadiums are also awesome for this game as it’s kind of dark unless you add some spotlights to the middle of the playfield.

#16235 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Shaker motor is an absolute must. One of the best integrations ever. Upgrading the Jeep and helicopter are nice aesthetic upgrades. Colored slingshot protectors are cool and protect those particularly vulnerable plastics. I chose orange and love the look. Better speakers with an amp will greatly enhance the sound experience.

#16236 1 year ago

I have over 4000 plays on mine without plastic protectors. Not necessary IMHO.

#16237 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

I think JP is more fun than GZ. Have both, but play JP way more than GZ.

I've got the Lior aftermarket Dino mod. Looks better than the stock Dino.

Added the Myth flames speaker light kit. Looks great and doesn't take 6 months to arrive like the other guy's.

Also have a shaker motor.

#16238 1 year ago

Is the consensus that premium is the way to go on this one from owners? I love both but the toys are really great on this but I heard that they get old really quickly.

#16239 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Is the consensus that premium is the way to go on this one from owners? I love both but the toys are really great on this but I heard that they get old really quickly.

I love the animated Dinosaur and was a "must have" for me. Complements the audio roar really well. Does not get old for me, but not necessary to enjoy the game.

Forgot to mention installing the code with the movie assets is a game changer.

#16240 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I love the animated Dinosaur and was a "must have" for me. Complements the audio roar really well. Does not get old for me, but not necessary to enjoy the game.
Forgot to mention installing the code with the movie assets is a game changer.

If I buy a new model with the insider connect can I still install movie code?

#16241 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Shaker for sure.. the orange protectors... Pin Stadiums... I added a few palm trees.... just looks cool...

#16242 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

the Rapter pen on the premium is also a must. I find myself turning the Dino off when grinding games alone trying to save on wear and tear.

#16243 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have so far added a topper, changed the translite, added a shaker (must), custom start button, upgraded speakers and added LED speakers. I haven't done anything under the glass.. I may still do that but the cabinet and speakers were my priority.
[quoted image]

I like the colored rings on LE speakers. Is it the speaker itself that has the white/silver finish or is that a separate mod?

#16244 1 year ago

I have a Premium on order since 11\15\22. Production is beginning sometime in June 2023. So will I see it in October?
Way sooner?
Way later?
I’m good either way because I almost bought one before I even played it based solely on the THEME.
And I still love it. Played it multiple times at different locations and extremely excited to have my 2nd NIB pin in the basement… whenever it shows up.

#16245 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

If I buy a new model with the insider connect can I still install movie code?

I'm not sure, but I think the machine will boot up with the older code if you replace the existing disc with a disc containing the movie code. The IC would not work however.

Someone else will have to confirm.

#16246 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Love my Pro. You don't miss anything major really. I finally played a premium a few weeks ago and I liked the dino action for sure but no regrets!

Quoted from Walk:

I like the colored rings on LE speakers. Is it the speaker itself that has the white/silver finish or is that a separate mod?

Those are LED speaker lights. Waiting for a power splitter in the mail as the topper needed a plug in too.

#16247 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

That white / frosted ring around the speaker is an added piece. Though, those Kenwood speakers do have the light silver cones on them also.

#16248 1 year ago
Quoted from ACBC197D:

I have a Premium on order since 11\15\22. Production is beginning sometime in June 2023. So will I see it in October?
Way sooner?
Way later?
I’m good either way because I almost bought one before I even played it based solely on the THEME.
And I still love it. Played it multiple times at different locations and extremely excited to have my 2nd NIB pin in the basement… whenever it shows up.

For what its worth, the build date is usually just a week or two from when it could arrive at your doorstep. A lot of the posts on Pinside about people getting their NIB machines seems to be very fast turnaround once they are built at factory. A build date of January 27th might arrive at a Pinsider's doorstep on February 10th kind of thing. The transit seems to be the shortest part of the delay.

The main question is where are you on your distributor's list? If they get 20 machines in June, and you are not in the top 20 names, you'll be waiting for the NEXT batch, or the next... (if there is a next batch).

#16249 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

Is that topper still available?

#16250 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is that topper still available?

yes. Cointaker sells it for 600$ (pre-order). Or buy from ebay douchebags for $2k lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 12,999.99
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/325 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.