(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,325 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 427.
#16051 1 year ago
Quoted from SAM1978:

Hey JPP fam, I've had my Pro for about 2 years, and in the last few weeks I've noticed it's playing a little rough. Specifically I've noticed the orbit around bumpers has sounded progressively worse. A pronounced "klunk" when the ball circles through it. After some investigating, the pop-up post is sitting a little higher than the playfield. Has anyone made adjustments to one of these? I can't find much in the way of documentation on how to adjust. I'm also noticing shots are getting much more airborne than I'm accustomed to. This was my first machine, and learning the ins and outs of maintenance as I go. Any tips, things to look into?
I clean & wax as needed (monthly/depending on plays). New rubbers + clean pinballs, are coming on Friday, I figure that can't hurt.

Its a microadjust stopper on the coil stop for that post. Just dial it down and u should be set.

#16052 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

LMAO!! K, i was being generous lol
Well, there is a lot of game waiting to be unpacked when u guys level up... im no expert and im jealous of the players that completely understand all the strategies, but the way the game paces itself, peppers in the multiball challenges throughout the story and even gives the dinosaurs distinct predator personalities is something ive never thought id seen in pinball.
But i will say a deathsave has the same amount of satisfaction as a regular jackpot and almost the same as a superjackpot.... so i wish that would be rewarded in the game... with points lol

I will say I hit 3 smart missles in the last 2 days.....

#16053 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Nice! My fave shot in the game as the long shot really feels like... launching a missile! Use the action button to scroll over to extra ball, start raptor multiball or even start Invalid? Frenzy!!

#16054 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I hit 3 consecutive ones in the same game a few days ago. Never happened before and honestly not likely to happen again any time soon lol.

#16055 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Well, there is a lot of game waiting to be unpacked when u guys level up... im no expert and im jealous of the players that completely understand all the strategies, but the way the game paces itself, peppers in the multiball challenges throughout the story and even gives the dinosaurs distinct predator personalities is something ive never thought id seen in pinball.
But i will say a deathsave has the same amount of satisfaction as a regular jackpot and almost the same as a superjackpot.... so i wish that would be rewarded in the game... with points lol

I've only had the game for 2 months so I'll get better. I also got a GZ last month which took time away from JP.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

I hit 3 consecutive ones in the same game a few days ago. Never happened before and honestly not likely to happen again any time soon lol.

Wow nice. It's definitely the shot of the game IMO.

#16056 1 year ago

GZ and JP are my only 2 pins, and GZ is sssssooooo much easier than JP. It definitely scores higher in general and I just last much longer in it too.

#16057 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

GZ and JP are my only 2 pins, and GZ is sssssooooo much easier than JP. It definitely scores higher in general and I just last much longer in it too.

Yep. 100%.

#16058 1 year ago

I’m glad to hear others are having trouble with this game. I’m finding it incredibly difficult. Has anyone adjusted flipper strength settings? Any other suggestions other than “get better”?

I’m going to try installing super bands. Next step is the metal flippers. Not sure what else to do other than smile while being kicked in the face…

#16059 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I’m glad to hear others are having trouble with this game. I’m finding it incredibly difficult. Has anyone adjusted flipper strength settings? Any other suggestions other than “get better”?
I’m going to try installing super bands. Next step is the metal flippers. Not sure what else to do other than smile while being kicked in the face…

I lowered flipper power as well as the slingshot power.

I have also moved the posts on the outlanes over to the closest spot, and I also upped the size of the posts in some of the spots too.

#16060 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

It sounds counter intuitive but if you raise your playfield up to around 7 degrees I found I have fewer outlane drains this way. Also lowerd the flipper power down a little, I do have the precision bushings in my game though. Slingshot power could be lower too.

Other little tips I’ve found over the last few days, not sure if these are specifically my game but here goes

A missed shot to the helicopter will 90% hit the rubber and bounce to the left flipper for a trap.

Post passes are your friend I’ve backhanded the left ramp but a post pass forehand is much more reliable.

If the ball is coming out of the pops through the gate get ready to try and make a slap save that’s going SDTM otherwise.

Try to stack where you can, get the C shot before the first paddock as the H wil be a 2-for-1 shot then. Second paddock try to start a control room. Use TRex MB to help finish that. If you want point hit the yellow shots before you start the MB the value for jackpots go up quickly.

That’s really as much of a strategy as I have for early game

#16061 1 year ago

This game can be brutal. Had a 590 million ball 1 a couple days ago with 2 extra balls in the bank and finished with 635.

#16062 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

It sounds counter intuitive but if you raise your playfield up to around 7 degrees I found I have fewer outlane drains this way. Also lowerd the flipper power down a little, I do have the precision bushings in my game though. Slingshot power could be lower too.
Other little tips I’ve found over the last few days, not sure if these are specifically my game but here goes
A missed shot to the helicopter will 90% hit the rubber and bounce to the left flipper for a trap.
Post passes are your friend I’ve backhanded the left ramp but a post pass forehand is much more reliable.
If the ball is coming out of the pops through the gate get ready to try and make a slap save that’s going SDTM otherwise.
Try to stack where you can, get the C shot before the first paddock as the H wil be a 2-for-1 shot then. Second paddock try to start a control room. Use TRex MB to help finish that. If you want point hit the yellow shots before you start the MB the value for jackpots go up quickly.

Good stuff thanks. Forgot I still need to set it to 7 degrees.

#16063 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Mine always rolls down hits the rubber and bounces to the middle of the left sling causing chaos and finding the huge outlanes half of the time. It's a Titan maybe I have the wrong size and it's too tight. Does everyone's go to the flipper.

#16064 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Mine always rolls down hits the rubber and bounces to the middle of the left sling causing chaos and finding the huge outlanes half of the time. It's a Titan maybe I have the wrong size and it's too tight. Does everyone's go to the flipper.

I guess I should clarify when I say missed shot I mean a shot that rattles up the lane and doesn’t quite get up the 180, those usually return safe to the flipper.

That again might be due to your angle if it’s not steep it’ll let that go more sideways before pulling it down.

Saying this having no idea what your level is just saying it’s also possible every game is just different.

#16065 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm in the club! I traded my Ghostbusters premium which I had played solidly for 4 years for a nice JP premium.
I hired a pro for 6 weeks a few years back and to be honest I was a little underwhelmed by it given it's reputation. However, over the years after hearing continuously how good this game is I thought why don't I try a premium to see if it grabs me. In the short few days I've had it, I can safely say the premium extras have made a big difference. The T-Rex really makes the game - just dominates the playfield (as it should), and the raptor pen is a fantastic addition.
Look forward to (re)learning all the rules and getting those shots dialled in!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!!!

#16066 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

All sounds good. I may work on all this on the weekend.

#16067 1 year ago

Switching out all my rubber to Titans. All done except this last one. Anyone know the easiest way to change it out? It’s under the right ramp. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2BAFB070-38EE-46FA-82A0-22D0676FA0EC (resized).jpeg2BAFB070-38EE-46FA-82A0-22D0676FA0EC (resized).jpeg5AD24A8F-A9CC-4C3C-A64C-F3FE760065DB (resized).jpeg5AD24A8F-A9CC-4C3C-A64C-F3FE760065DB (resized).jpeg
#16068 1 year ago

Pretty sure you gotta take the wireform and ramp off to get to that.

Replacing the rubbers on JP was such a pain in the ass lol.

#16069 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Switching out all my rubber to Titans. All done except this last one. Anyone know the easiest way to change it out? It’s under the right ramp. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That probably worth passing on. It's not visible and a titan wouldn't provide any benefit there over the stock rubber. On the other hand if you are OCD and really want to do a good cleaning while you disassemble the upper right 25% of your playfield...

#16070 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

[quoted image][quoted image]</blockquote

That probably worth passing on. It's not visible and a titan wouldn't provide any benefit there over the stock rubber. On the other hand if you are OCD and really want to do a good cleaning while you disassemble the upper right 25% of your playfield...

Got it actually wasn’t as bad as I thought. I was thinking the same thing about leaving it but that rubber was actually the worse one that I took off so glad I went for it. Good cleaning is up next!!!

#16071 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Pretty sure you gotta take the wireform and ramp off to get to that.
Replacing the rubbers on JP was such a pain in the ass lol.

Agreed total pain in the ass but the game looks much better with some added color!!!

#16072 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

Agreed total pain in the ass but the game looks much better with some added color!!!

I was happy when I did my GZ and it was like half the amount of rubbers and only 1 that was really a pain to get to.

#16073 1 year ago
Quoted from pinner11:

[quoted image][quoted image]

If I recall, there are two nuts on the underside of the playfield that secure the ramp.

#16074 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If I recall, there are two nuts on the underside of the playfield that secure the ramp.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You are correct. Was still a pain to get to but I didn’t feel like disassembling any more…

#16075 1 year ago

When I was looking at my playfield tonight, I noticed this sticker near the upper flipper. Any idea what this is from? Is it from the game? I'm figuring it's not supposed to be on there. It's solidly on there. I haven't tried to remove it yet.

a (resized).JPGa (resized).JPG
#16076 1 year ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

When I was looking at my playfield tonight, I noticed this sticker near the upper flipper. Any idea what this is from? Is it from the game? I'm figuring it's not supposed to be on there. It's solidly on there. I haven't tried to remove it yet.[quoted image]

From a supply drop target. Since it's #21 it's from the one behind the truck.

#16077 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

From a supply drop target. Since it's #21 it's from the one behind the truck.

Thank you

#16078 1 year ago

Well that sucks

Trying to change our rubbers and this nut didn’t want to come off apparently

B59E1294-115D-4219-BD05-4017C8834D69 (resized).jpegB59E1294-115D-4219-BD05-4017C8834D69 (resized).jpeg
#16080 1 year ago

Yup thanks already on order, shipping was a bit of a bitter pill to swallow for a single part lol

#16081 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Yup thanks already on order, shipping was a bit of a bitter pill to swallow for a single part lol

It always is a bitter pill. $9 shipping for a $1 (more than a dollar in this case) part that keeps your game unplayable. But we'll do anything to keep playing right? That's why I keep a running cart at both Marcos and Pinball Life. By the time I actually need something to fix a broken game my cart will usually justify the shipping.

#16082 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Well that sucks
Trying to change our rubbers and this nut didn’t want to come off apparently
[quoted image]

Same thing happened to me. That Pinball life newton ball is not the same though. The shaft is considerably thinner then the original.

I had to put 5 rubbers on it to keep it off the playfield. It still don't work like the original.

20230217_151609[1] (resized).jpg20230217_151609[1] (resized).jpg
#16083 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Same thing happened to me. That Pinball life newton ball is not the same though. The shaft is considerably thinner then the original.
I had to put 5 rubbers on it to keep it off the playfield. It still don't work like the original.
[quoted image]

The newton balls are not all the same. Marco has the right one in stock from time to time, Pinball Life does as well. Look for partnumber #515-2037-00:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2037-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-jurassic-park-truck-spinner-newton-ball.html

#16084 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The newton balls are not all the same. Marco has the right one in stock from time to time, Pinball Life does as well. Look for partnumber #515-2037-00:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-2037-00

Yeah , that is the one I ordered. it was thin. I even called them to see if I got the wrong one.

#16085 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Yeah , that is the one I ordered. it was thin. I even called them to see if I got the wrong one.

Weird. The threads on the RIGHT one are just at the bottom of the post. The threads on the WRONG one are along most of the post. The post itself is larger in diameter as well on the correct post. Worse case, ask any authorized distributor to order one from Stern directly and go pick it up with them. Authorized distributors are used to doing that for owners even if they don't seem to be happy spending their time doing so...

#16086 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

I’ll compare when I get it but thanks for the heads up

#16087 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Quoted from SimplePin:

It always is a bitter pill. $9 shipping for a $1 (more than a dollar in this case) part that keeps your game unplayable. But we'll do anything to keep playing right? That's why I keep a running cart at both Marcos and Pinball Life. By the time I actually need something to fix a broken game my cart will usually justify the shipping.

Well if you were in Australia, shipping for the Newton Ball would be $42.96

#16088 1 year ago

So it seems I'm not having much luck with my new JP premium. Game is freezing after 2-3 minutes in attract mode. I have already changed out the SD card with a new one and unfortunately the problem remains. All red LED's remain lit when the freeze occurs.

Any ideas on the next step folks? Thanks

IMG_4674 (resized).jpegIMG_4674 (resized).jpeg
#16089 1 year ago

I had the same freeze problem with a brand new Mando a year ago. Mine was a bad CPU board, so stern eventually sent me a new one. I tried changing out a similar CPU board from Beatles gold to Mando and it worked fine, so that’s how we knew it was a bad CPU board. Stern was very helpful and supportive. Handled it all by emailing their support team. Good luck. JP premium is the best machine out there IMO. If I could only keep one, JP would be it!!

#16090 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

I had the same freeze problem with a brand new Mando a year ago. Mine was a bad CPU board, so stern eventually sent me a new one. I tried changing out a similar CPU board from Beatles gold to Mando and it worked fine, so that’s how we knew it was a bad CPU board. Stern was very helpful and supportive. Handled it all by emailing their support team. Good luck. JP premium is the best machine out there IMO. If I could only keep one, JP would be it!!

Many thanks. That was my suspicion too. I'll contact Stern again (tried via website but no response).

#16091 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Many thanks. That was my suspicion too. I'll contact Stern again (tried via website but no response).

They're in the middle of a pretty major move.. I wouldn't anticipate hearing back for quite some time, unfortunately..

#16092 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Contact your distributor and tell them the problem. They should then email stern with you CC'd to the email explaining the problem.

#16093 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Can you provide a pic of where you put the mylar? Would be appreciated.

It's tough to see from my old pics and I'm away from my game for about another 3 weeks.

All I did was cover the ramp flap where it contacts the playfield. Sometimes they can pull up a little on the very end and make the shots a little clunky.

#16094 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

I agree on both. I also had a bad CPU board on Mando (on my Pro), and Stern did replace and it was also the fix.

As for JP Prem, mine will never leave! Its one of my best and Fav Pins!

#16095 1 year ago

A new monster arrived at my home! I made him confortable and put him with his family

IMG_20230220_125835.jpgIMG_20230220_125835.jpg
#16096 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

A new monster arrived at my home! I made him confortable and put him with his family
[quoted image]

Nice lineup! Would love to see more of that Tales...

#16097 1 year ago

Quoted from SimplePin:

Nice lineup! Would love to see more of that Tales...

He is in good condition but am going to send the playfield to make him like new, and also bought already new ramps to replace once the playfield is done. But I can already show you this hand craved lock bar.

2023-02-2103.12.30387295855202815106.jpg2023-02-2103.12.30387295855202815106.jpg2023-02-2103.13.027437229937666482093.jpg2023-02-2103.13.027437229937666482093.jpg2023-02-2103.13.247012547264669294898.jpg2023-02-2103.13.247012547264669294898.jpg
#16098 1 year ago
Quoted from swampy:

Update. Stern got in touch overnight. Will be swapping out the CPU board from a Godzilla to see if that solves the issue. We'll know pretty quickly if the CPU is the issue (which I suspect it is).

#16099 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

He is in good condition but am going to send the playfield to make him like new, and also bought already new ramps to replace once the playfield is done. But I can already show you this hand craved lock bar.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Haven't seen an etched lockdown bar before.

#16100 1 year ago

Still got this alternate translite. New, just opened for pics - $110 shipped this week!
Dm for info!

Screenshot_20230221_134228_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230221_134228_Photos (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 21,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/322?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.