(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,968 posts
  • 1,174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 624 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4073 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4068 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4207 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4210 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4203 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230124_004801914.MP~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2819 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2818 (resized).jpg
C3119951-675B-4A79-B9CC-FAC2BF31E1EB (resized).jpeg
Jurassic.PRO.layout.cropped.dribble.SDTM.markings (resized).png
909D1C33-3C27-4C0D-9F57-F2280BDF79A2 (resized).jpeg
01B11537-D34D-423F-9A66-4CB680E28E7F (resized).jpeg
B375E98B-D4DF-495B-B5A7-704F2F2E2F7D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 320.
#15951 2 days ago

Hello all. Wanted to be in the club.......but then this. Dropped during transit at some point with no obvious damage to the box. Sorry for the horrific images!!

Gutted obviously but it's time to resurrect it. Emailed stern to get their thoughts. It boots ok. New backglass is straight forward enough but thoughts on repairing the cabinet and the bent backbox? Cannot physically install a new backglass as is. Thanks all, and so begins the long road back.

IMG_4062 (resized).jpegIMG_4065 (resized).jpegIMG_4068 (resized).jpegIMG_4073 (resized).jpegIMG_4203 (resized).jpegIMG_4207 (resized).jpegIMG_4210 (resized).jpeg
#15952 2 days ago

It's been a couple weeks now on 1.7 code. My grand champ is just over 900 mil and HS#4 is 650 mil. I'd say average game is 300 to 400 mil. Now that I discovered the changing smart missile and 2nd EB, I image I'll crack a billion soon.

I find good scores are games where I get the 2x going during control rooms, multiballs and dino events. Unfortunately I outlane drain right after getting 2x scoring more often then not.

#15953 1 day ago

Go for perfect paddocks and your scores will jump significantly as long as you’re making shots.

#15954 1 day ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yeah I’m struggling a lot with it too, and had it for months. Set software install to very easy and outlanes closed up, but still just brutal. This week finally set it to 5 balls, and still not making good progress. But on Godzilla I can break a billion a few times. Just feeling like a total novice on this one! Somehow I got a score of 600k at one point months ago, no idea how…

It's definitely a tougher game than GZ but I really like it so far. I'm sold on Elwin games!

Quoted from swampy:

Hello all. Wanted to be in the club.......but then this. Dropped during transit at some point with no obvious damage to the box. Sorry for the horrific images!!
Gutted obviously but it's time to resurrect it. Emailed stern to get their thoughts. It boots ok. New backglass is straight forward enough but thoughts on repairing the cabinet and the bent backbox? Cannot physically install a new backglass as is. Thanks all, and so begins the long road back.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh wow! Sorry to see this.

I don't know how you fix that, seems like a write-off but there are some very talented people out there so who knows.

#15955 1 day ago

I am removing the box before I sign for it for now on. Not the first story of this kind where the box is perfect until you open it up.

#15956 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Repair that?? Hell no! Was it not insured? Get a replacement machine, or get a refund and cut your losses. Sorry that happened.

#15957 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

Gutted obviously but it's time to resurrect it.

I can't quite imagine how the backbox wooden base panel was torn backward as it shows. It's obviously a NIB machine, but something levered the wooden panel backwards with a ton of force to separate both sides like that. It's a very odd damage to be sure. That said, as bad as it looks, as long as it boot and other mechanics are intact (like the Trex head), I think you could salvage the machine and repair the cabinet to be perfectly usable *IF* the financial incentive were to be there for you. (if they paid you as a complete loss or shipped you a new machine and told you to keep the old one kind of thing). Depending on the time you would like to spend and the woodworking skills you have, it could be a simple or more involved repair. Simple: It looks like you could put the wooden pieces back together, drill some vertical holes and use long screws to hold the wood together where it was separated, and then some wood patching and some hand paint. More complicated: You cut the cabinet where the separation occured cleanly, add a new piece of wood and then mate it to the black portion which has also been cleaned up. (Either repair would get you there). Would it be 100%. No. Not likely, but due to the location of the damage, probably not noticed by any player. (although it would affect resale value).

#15958 1 day ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I can't quite imagine how the backbox wooden base panel was torn backward as it shows. It's obviously a NIB machine, but something levered the wooden panel backwards with a ton of force to separate both sides like that. It's a very odd damage to be sure. That said, as bad as it looks, as long as it boot and other mechanics are intact (like the Trex head), I think you could salvage the machine and repair the cabinet to be perfectly usable *IF* the financial incentive were to be there for you. (if they paid you as a complete loss or shipped you a new machine and told you to keep the old one kind of thing). Depending on the time you would like to spend and the woodworking skills you have, it could be a simple or more involved repair. Simple: It looks like you could put the wooden pieces back together, drill some vertical holes and use long screws to hold the wood together where it was separated, and then some wood patching and some hand paint. More complicated: You cut the cabinet where the separation occured cleanly, add a new piece of wood and then mate it to the black portion which has also been cleaned up. (Either repair would get you there). Would it be 100%. No. Not likely, but due to the location of the damage, probably not noticed by any player. (although it would affect resale value).
[quoted image]

Well, said. Repair it if and only if the financial incentive is there. Otherwise, see my post above.

#15959 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

Wow, it’s hard to see how damage like that could happen inside the box… not sure what could have pulled up on the back end to rip it like that (maybe more obvious with a picture from father away)

#15960 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

That is a letdown for sure. Hopefully you can get a replacement quickly and easily.

#15961 1 day ago

speaking of replacements - was someone looking for one of these alternate translites? I made a typo in my FB cross post and for some reason cannot delete/edit it - sorry im a fb newbie.

$140 shipped to your door - brand new, just opened for pictures.

shoot me a dm for more info/images/etc.
pasted_image (resized).png

#15962 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

Oh my, what a terrible disappointment.

#15963 1 day ago

In Jail?

If you have reached/exited the Visitors Center, you have probably experienced the odd sensation of being in pinball "jail." In case you don't know the term, it simply refers to a state of play where there is nothing obvious to advance to - no high-scoring mode, no multiball, etc. As you can imagine, the backside of the Visitors Center means there are no more paddocks to clear or dinosaurs to capture, but (in all likelihood) there is still a lot to finish: any remaining T-Rex events or Control Room modes; Museum Mayhem and Secure Control Room; and then Escape Nublar and finally WDRTE. The trouble is, the inserts don't tell you with any urgency what yet needs to be done. You can find yourself, a little exhausted from the stress of the Visitors Center, looking at a playfield that is so placid that you'll wonder if there's a bug in the code - or at least *I* did.

Disclaimer: the ONLY reason I have any experience with the later stages of the code is because I set my game with long ball saves and the outlane posts are in the lowermost position.

#15964 1 day ago
Quoted from swampy:

Gosh, that's a drag!
Sorry you have to deal with that.
What does Stern have to say?
What does your distributor have to say, or the shipping company?
It would surprise me if you're asked to do any repairs yourself. I mean, don't you need a new cabinet?

#15965 1 day ago

I've got a bad opto on my trex ramp. I messaged stern in the off chance they replace it. It's honestly the first problem I've had between it and my star wars. Is there a chance they send me a replacement, or should I just grab them from PBL?

#15966 1 day ago
Quoted from trueno92:

speaking of replacements - was someone looking for one of these alternate translites? I made a typo in my FB cross post and for some reason cannot delete/edit it - sorry im a fb newbie.
$140 shipped to your door - brand new, just opened for pictures.
shoot me a dm for more info/images/etc.
[quoted image]

It was me but I have one on the way from Europe now, ordered and paid for. Too bad, I could have picked it up from you if you're in the GTA.

#15967 20 hours ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Gosh, that's a drag!
Sorry you have to deal with that.
What does Stern have to say?
What does your distributor have to say, or the shipping company?
It would surprise me if you're asked to do any repairs yourself. I mean, don't you need a new cabinet?

Stern are yet to respond to my email. Distributor working on parts for me, shipping company investigating but I doubt it will amount to anything.

Cabinet is repairable and I'm happy to do this with guidance from Stern so that it's done right.

#15968 19 hours ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've got a bad opto on my trex ramp. I messaged stern in the off chance they replace it. It's honestly the first problem I've had between it and my star wars. Is there a chance they send me a replacement, or should I just grab them from PBL?

Are you sure its bad? Mmie was intermittent... not regitering shots 1/2 the time. Black tape covering the bottom 1/2 cured it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Blandon, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 320.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!