(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 424.
#1501 4 years ago

I don’t why some block it out but here is my Serial # if it helps anyone.

0B764590-1EAF-4076-941A-404A016E5299 (resized).jpeg0B764590-1EAF-4076-941A-404A016E5299 (resized).jpeg
#1502 4 years ago

Now I probably just blew my selling feature.

#1503 4 years ago

I hope they don't use any playfield from older batches, and send overseas. My Deadpool look like it's build with rejected leftovers, and was dated 8 month back when i got it.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Is it still clear coated under the post? Looks like it.
Thanks for the pictures.

It is still Clear Coated where you see natural wood.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

It is still Clear Coated where you see natural wood.

That's interesting. Sounds like their issue was ink related and not the clear coat. Unless they also changed the clear coat recipe at the same time.

#1506 4 years ago

Awesome to see Stern addressed this issue!

#1507 4 years ago

Now the question is are they going to do the right thing for the guys who have bubbling playfields...

#1508 4 years ago

already posted by Peanuts, here's again this JP LE n° 20

nice WE at the Internaute bar (https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=internaute%20caf%C3%A9%20v3.9&epa=SEARCH_BOX)
pin was gently place there for the WE by High Voltage Pinball (https://www.facebook.com/HighVoltagePinball/)

and very nice day for me, as i won the tournament, beating Franck Bona on the day, Steven is 3rd, my son 4th
tanx for all guys

IMG_20190915_182232 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_182232 (resized).jpg

#1509 4 years ago

It’s Hoegaarden time!

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s Hoegaarden time!

well, could be of course... but while playing in tournament, i'm not drinking much... (in fact i never drink much), doesn't want to be under multiball when there's only 1 ball !!! lol

#1511 4 years ago

New code new GC today on factory 3 ball. Very deep game cant wait to see what's next code wise.

20190915_174207 (resized).jpg20190915_174207 (resized).jpg
#1512 4 years ago

Quick easy mod for the pro guys. I used cabinet door stops to raise the raptor pit lights. For about $2 these create a better look and defuse the led light from the plastic very well.

20190915_153847 (resized).jpg20190915_153847 (resized).jpg
#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick easy mod for the pro guys. I used cabinet door stops to raise the raptor pit lights. For about $2 these create a better look and defuse the led light from the plastic very well.[quoted image]

Neat. Simple mods are my favorite!

#1514 4 years ago

I guess some of us have a “limited edition pro” now. Kind of like my early-run Metallica, snake still has his natural fangs (well, one - the other broke off). As long as it doesn’t develop issues, I’m cool with it.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I guess some of us have a “limited edition pro” now. Kind of like my early-run Metallica, snake still has his natural fangs (well, one - the other broke off). As long as it doesn’t develop issues, I’m cool with it.

What is the difference?

#1516 4 years ago

Btw i put the Orange plunger spring that the manual suggests in, instead of the stock green, and my full power plunges still are not %100 up the halfpipe. Def more consistency than with the green. It almost seems like too much power sometimes. Maybe the spring strength in between Orange and green would be perfect? Could just be a halfpipe flaw or ball trajectory. But i think that's why there are secret skill shots, incase it fails.

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Omg Stern looks to have solved the issue????

No, it`s just a detour.

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What is the difference?

Art under the posts, a pretty insignificant difference.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Art under the posts, a pretty insignificant difference.

Yeah, to avoid the problem of losing some art by the posts due to chipping, they just removed all the art by the posts so there is nothing to chip off!

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yeah, to avoid the problem of losing some art by the posts due to chipping, they just removed all the art by the posts so there is nothing to chip off!

True but that's not the whole story. The problem is that the ink doesn't adhere will enough to stand up to the pressure caused by the rippling clear. Without artwork underneath, the clear adheres better and shouldn't chip at all. It's not that you simply won't notice the chipping. This is actually a solution to the problem and not just hiding it.
EDIT: At least that's the theory. Let's see how these hold up long term.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

True but that's not the whole story. The problem is that the ink doesn't adhere will enough to stand up to the pressure caused by the rippling clear. Without artwork underneath, the clear adheres better and shouldn't chip at all. It's not that you simply won't notice the chipping. This is actually a solution to the problem and not just hiding it.

I appreciate the insight. Hopefully depressions on the playfield from the ball won't have the same effect. I'm glad they are trying to address it.

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

I hope they don't use any playfield from older batches, and send overseas.

That's a great idea!

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Where did you hear this? ..

#1524 4 years ago

I have been assured that the issues are resolved. My LE is shipping this week!

#1525 4 years ago

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How did Bally Williams manage to "diamond plate" (aka clearcoat) playfields with art under starposts back in the 90s without these issues?

My theory is they gave the playfields enough time to cure appropriately..

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I have chipping under my Addams Family sling posts. Original Diamond Plate Playfield.

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

+1 to this theory

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Silkscreening.

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

There were just as many playfield issues back in the 90's and early 2000's. Just no Pinside where everyone could share the info.

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

How long for a playfield to cure? Aĺl the pinballs that come over to this side of the world have done a 6-8 week boat ride.. And there was No pooling before playing the game.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Good old fashioned toxic chemicals.
Cant make a good clear coat without those sweet, sweet hazardous materials of the 80s and 90s

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

My distro said that Stern has told them nothing and he suggested that I call Stern to find out if the issues are resolved. Fyi, I was asked for final payment on my premium. I'm not really happy with that response though. It doesn't give me much confidence.

#1534 4 years ago

Yikes, I'd be looking for another distributor.

Quoted from ercvacation:

My distro said that Stern has told them nothing and he suggested that I call Stern to find out if the issues are resolved. Fyi, I was asked for final payment on my premium. I'm not really happy with that response though. It doesn't give me much confidence.

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Good old fashioned toxic chemicals.
Cant make a good clear coat without those sweet, sweet hazardous materials of the 80s and 90s

Not true.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Good advice from that distributor. Game will be in production for 3 years so no need to rush a purchase.

#1537 4 years ago

Is it normal to have writing on the shooter guard?

0AAF4DD1-C571-4CBB-9619-7179F91DA22C (resized).jpeg0AAF4DD1-C571-4CBB-9619-7179F91DA22C (resized).jpeg2096596A-CBA1-48FF-829B-49A14526DE1D (resized).jpeg2096596A-CBA1-48FF-829B-49A14526DE1D (resized).jpegA5BE544F-878C-4F19-86F1-91F8558EC05A (resized).jpegA5BE544F-878C-4F19-86F1-91F8558EC05A (resized).jpeg
#1538 4 years ago

did you peel the plastic off?

#1539 4 years ago

Just got an email asking for remaining balance of my premium order two weeks before it comes in. Is that normal for a brand new title? I’ve ordered NIB before but not a new titled just off the press

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I think you misspelled chipping?

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think you misspelled chipping?

We have a comedian!

#1542 4 years ago

Just got an email asking for remaining balance of my premium order two weeks before it comes in. Is that normal for a brand new title? I’ve ordered NIB before but not a new titled just off the press

Never paid for a machine until it was in the box ready for me. Not sure why others continue dealing with these distributors that ask for the balance before the game arrives.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Never paid for a machine until it was in the box ready for me. Not sure why others continue dealing with these distributors that ask for the balance before the game arrives.

Me neither and I am using same distributor as I always use. This is coming from Stern, it has to be! Too many people backing out

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

did you peel the plastic off?

The plastic would be under the level

#1545 4 years ago

Just got an email asking for remaining balance of my premium order two weeks before it comes in.

You sure your premium is only 2 weeks out?

#1546 4 years ago

The email said, it will be in “in a couple weeks”

#1547 4 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I hope that is true (I’m in on a premium too) I just thought they weren’t hitting the line for a few weeks.

#1548 4 years ago

On pinside I hear the same.... at the end of October. I’m not in a hurry to get it actually

#1549 4 years ago

I can’t wait to get it, just really hoping there’s no problems.

#1550 4 years ago

In my mind the longer it takes to start the premiums the better quality control has gotten a grip on the issue....that is the reason I’m in no hurry to get it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/31?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.