(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 427.
#15801 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm just going to assume I completed all 3 control rooms to make it to Secure Control Room? Should have payed closer attention

yes.

BTW there is a 5th mode after secure control room. It’s invalid frenzy, which can be started by smart missile as well.

#15802 1 year ago

I'm trying to post a "Step Brothers" Meme with Will Farrell saying " So many activities". any word on the next "Art of Pinball" mod? Lior said in November he was hoping to show us next month, which was last month so Im curious and excited to see what it looks like and does. I've heard 9-11 pieces that is the tower and raptor pit.

#15803 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm just going to assume I completed all 3 control rooms to make it to Secure Control Room? Should have payed closer attention

I am pretty sure you don't have to complete all 3 control rooms, as in "beat" them, however you just have to start them in order to get to the Secure Control Room.

Again not positive about this but I am pretty sure that is the case, because I've gotten there only once, and I am 99% sure I did not clear all of the modes. I just activated them and timed out.

#15804 1 year ago

I’m planning on tearing into the T-Rex on a game I just picked up. The mouth won’t close easily without assistance. In game play it mostly stays open. It seems a little bound up like the lower mouth is rubbing on the upper head. Does anyone have an easy solution for this?

Looking at the diagram and some back posts it seems like spacers between the lower jaw plastic and metal mech should do?

#15805 1 year ago

Is there a difference between the decal set for the pro and premium? I can only find the pro set online.

#15806 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Is there a difference between the decal set for the pro and premium? I can only find the pro set online.

Yes the cabinet decals are very different

#15807 1 year ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I'm trying to post a "Step Brothers" Meme with Will Farrell saying " So many activities". any word on the next "Art of Pinball" mod? Lior said in November he was hoping to show us next month, which was last month so Im curious and excited to see what it looks like and does. I've heard 9-11 pieces that is the tower and raptor pit.

The TRex is amazing if he does a raptor with that same level of detail I'm totally in.

#15808 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I am pretty sure you don't have to complete all 3 control rooms, as in "beat" them, however you just have to start them in order to get to the Secure Control Room.
Again not positive about this but I am pretty sure that is the case, because I've gotten there only once, and I am 99% sure I did not clear all of the modes. I just activated them and timed out.

Correct. You don’t need to complete each of the control room events to get to Secure Control Room. Similar for Museum Mayhem.

That said, there are 2 special wizard modes that you can unlock during a game. If you capture both T-Rex and Spino from their paddocks then you’ll get to play King Of The Island (KOTI); while if you complete Visitor Center, Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Escape Nublar then you get to play When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth as a final mode

#15809 1 year ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

I’m planning on tearing into the T-Rex on a game I just picked up. The mouth won’t close easily without assistance. In game play it mostly stays open. It seems a little bound up like the lower mouth is rubbing on the upper head anyone have an easy solution for this?
Looking at the diagram and some back posts it seems like spacers between the lower jaw plastic and metal mech should do?

Not sure about the binding, but this post helped me on the “how to” get the T-Rex out. I had a problem once with T-Rex not centering over the ramp, just ended up being a broken wire on 1 of the 4 switches for the horizontal movement. Pulling it out the first time is the hard part, I am sure once out you should be able to figure out your problem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-sleepy-t-rex

#15810 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Not sure about the binding, but this post helped me on the “how to” get the T-Rex out. I had a problem once with T-Rex not centering over the ramp, just ended up being a broken wire on 1 of the 4 switches for the horizontal movement. Pulling it out the first time is the hard part, I am sure once out you should be able to figure out your problem.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-premium-sleepy-t-rex

It's a lot easier to work on if you put a couple of cheap harbor freight clamps on to raise the playfield. When you pull the c clip off the arm that controls the up and down movement be careful it will shoot off like a rocket.

PXL_20221125_155540177 (resized).jpgPXL_20221125_155540177 (resized).jpg
#15811 1 year ago

Well I kinda cheated and loosened the 3 screws under the jaw with a screwdriver bit with the head in the game. It freed the jaw right up. Turned an hour job into a 1 minute job.

#15812 1 year ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

Well I kinda cheated and loosened the 3 screws under the jaw with a screwdriver bit with the head in the game. It freed the jaw right up. Turned an hour job into a 1 minute job.

Carful.... those screws are famous for ending up rolling down the playfield...

#15813 1 year ago

Yesterday more than 50% of the playfield insert LEDs stopped working properly. Oddly, they do illuminate in All LED test but not in single LED test mode, and those specific ones wont illuminate in game play either.

All of the LEDs on node 8 including node ext 8b, 8b1, 8b2, 8b3, 8b4.

They include all of the various dinosaurs in the middle playfield, all raptor pit except Control Room, and all right side A + O + S inserts.
A possibly related issue is that during All LED test, engaging the left side flipper EOS switch by manually raising left flipper will cause all LEDs to flicker rather than pulse in test mode.
I have done the wiggle and dis/re- connect trick with no change.
Has anyone else experienced this? I’m looking for suggestions on where to go from here.

Added 15 months ago:

Edit Five days later…

Turned out to be a bad node board #8. Replacement board solved the problem.

#15814 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Carful.... those screws are famous for ending up rolling down the playfield...

Thanks for the info. I’ll see where the sweet spot is.

#15815 1 year ago

Anyone here have any luck polishing their Stern amber shooter rod? Mine is lightly scuffed up on one side. Not really sure what is the best action to take?

#15816 1 year ago

Pretty sure some novus in a cloth and go at it like rubbin one out and ull be just fine.

#15817 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

The TRex is amazing if he does a raptor with that same level of detail I'm totally in.

Same here, Im totaley digging my T-Rex Mod. Trina thats her name is so much meaner than the stock.

#15818 1 year ago

"Eat it Trina"!! As She Chomps on the ball and spits it out on the ramp or playfield. Nothing more satifising.

#15819 1 year ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

Thanks for the info. I’ll see where the sweet spot is.

Removable locktite is your friend here.

#15820 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes the cabinet decals are very different

I believe it’s just the decals for the things in the game not the exterior decals

#15821 1 year ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

"Eat it Trina"!! As She Chomps on the ball and spits it out on the ramp or playfield. Nothing more satifising.

She was pretty angry tonight 650 mil one Dino away from the visitor center last ball and she threw it SDTM.

#15822 1 year ago

I have a premium running on 1.02 (yes I know code is old) and sometimes the spinner has a delay in registering spins. Does that happen for anyone else? It always registers the spins but sometimes it takes a second instead of it being immediate like everything else.

#15823 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have a premium running on 1.02 (yes I know code is old) and sometimes the spinner has a delay in registering spins. Does that happen for anyone else? It always registers the spins but sometimes it takes a second instead of it being immediate like everything else.

I’ve noticed recently that to qualify spinner shots in some modes, it doesn’t register until the spinner stops spinning rather than when you hit the shot. At least I thought that was what was happening, it maybe just a delay. No idea why

#15824 1 year ago

One of the Warhammer mini painters I sometimes watch on YouTube did up a T-Rex head for his mate's pinball, came out nice. If you have a stock dino might be an inspiration to get someone to paint it for you. I think I'd have to do mine if I owned this pin.

Thought you guys might enjoy:

#15825 1 year ago

I can officially now say there is an eel in every stern jp... i cannot unsee how poorly detailed the "trex" is...

#15826 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

I can officially now say there is an eel in every stern jp... i cannot unsee how poorly detailed the "trex" is...

I don't think the stock trex is bad.

#15827 1 year ago

I think what that video shows is the sculpt has a lot of detail the basic stock paint job hides.

And it’s fine, you can’t expect a complicated paint job from the factory like that. But there’s more to pull out if you want to.

#15828 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One of the Warhammer mini painters I sometimes watch on YouTube did up a T-Rex head for his mate's pinball, came out nice. If you have a stock dino might be an inspiration to get someone to paint it for you. I think I'd have to do mine if I owned this pin.
Thought you guys might enjoy:

Hey, that's me!

Thanks for posting

#15829 1 year ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Hey, that's me!
Thanks for posting

Pics of install or it didn’t happen !

#15830 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think the stock trex is bad.

Me neither. I think they got better over time. The early versions were more green and the current builds more brown. I think the brownish one looks a bit better.

#15831 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pics of install or it didn’t happen !

It hasn't arrived back yet

I have the motion mod but not sure if I want to chance scratching the paintjob...

#15832 1 year ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Hey, that's me!
Thanks for posting

Small world this hobby. He did a nice job, gonna look great installed.

#15833 1 year ago

Get you guys and gals excited for the weekend:

20230112_112440 (resized).jpg20230112_112440 (resized).jpg
#15834 1 year ago

Hey, if anyone is interested I have a set of JP Premium/LE CLiP protectors that I'm not going to use. $145 shipped in the lower Cont US.
The add will be up shortly

#15835 1 year ago

Hey guys - anyone have issues with the left ramp not registering in their JP Prem? I've changed the optos (for a new set) twice, and each time I'll get about 20-30 games on it before the shot stops registering again. Super frustrating. They're not dirty and appear to be centered correctly.

#15836 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Super frustrating

Be sure wires are in any nearby IDC connector firmly.

LTG : )

#15837 1 year ago

My Premium has been a opto nightmare. 3 sets in the past year and each lane different. Now my half pipe is out. Frustrating on location.

#15838 1 year ago

Is it a matter of new optos for you? Or any wiring/board issues?

#15839 1 year ago

That many opto failures sounds like the symptom of a larger issue, no?

#15840 1 year ago

I had my longest game by FAR yesterday. I made it to the visitor center for the second time ever, taking the path all the way to the right. Then after that I ended up getting to Museum Mayhem.

The thing is, I didn't even break 1 billion and didn't even get my high score. I got my 2nd high score which was like 765 million or so.

The problem is that I sucked along the way and got no fossils on any of the events I started lol. I barely scored anything in the 2 chaos multiball's that I landed. I didn't do jack in the museum mayhem as I didn't hit the raptor cage once.

That was pretty disheartening to have such a "low" score as long as I played lol. This game is just so damn hard. My high score is over 1 billion and was the first time I got to the visitor center.

I do need to check my switches in the raptor pen though. As mentioned a while back, I have not gotten to raptor multiball in a very long time, not even to the point where it needs 1 more hit and you have that intense music playing. I wonder if a switch is messed up.

#15841 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Hey guys - anyone have issues with the left ramp not registering in their JP Prem? I've changed the optos (for a new set) twice, and each time I'll get about 20-30 games on it before the shot stops registering again. Super frustrating. They're not dirty and appear to be centered correctly.

Mine has been an issue as well. Stern sent me new optos....have not installed yet. I can hit that ramp 3 times and it will only register once. Frustrating when trying to qualify a paddock or skill shot. Seems like slow shots register better then fast ones. I need to try the suggested tape on 1/2 the opto... tough to get to though....

#15842 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Quoted from JMCFAN:

Mine has been an issue as well. Stern sent me new optos....have not installed yet. I can hit that ramp 3 times and it will only register once. Frustrating when trying to qualify a paddock or skill shot. Seems like slow shots register better then fast ones. I need to try the suggested tape on 1/2 the opto... tough to get to though....

Have you used the left ramp test in the menu? That will tell you if it's an issue with the entry opto or exit opto not registering, so you can narrow down which one to work on fixing or adjusting.

#15843 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you used the left ramp test in the menu? That will tell you if it's an issue with the entry opto or exit opto not registering, so you can narrow down which one to work on fixing or adjusting.

If you mean using the test and manually rolling the ball through yes have done it and it registers everytime.....??

#15844 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

If you mean using the test and manually rolling the ball through yes have done it and it registers everytime.....??

Might want to try the test using the flippers and shooting for the ramp instead of rolling by hand. Do 10-20 shots from the flipper and see if there's a different total for exit opto and entry opto registering.

#15845 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Use tweezers to apply the electrical tape over the opto field. This fixes the opto issue 100% when you get it right. Cover the bottom half of the opto field on the left side only.

#15846 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Use tweezers to apply the electrical tape over the opto field. This fixes the opto issue 100% when you get it right. Cover the bottom half of the opto field on the left side only.

Thanks!! will try tomorrow. Access a issue? Looks tough...

#15847 1 year ago

Just joined the club today!

Here's a pic of my boy getting some flips in. The shaker motor startled him the first time he fed the Trex. Lol

20230113_171142 (resized).jpg20230113_171142 (resized).jpg
#15848 1 year ago

Just had my longest and best game ever! I did much better in Museum Mayhem than I did before too and got the fossil there and got to the point where you get all of the award shots. That was cool!

jp.high.score (resized).jpegjp.high.score (resized).jpeg
#15849 1 year ago

So jealous of that score. Omg.

#15850 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

So jealous of that score. Omg.

It's taken me quite a while to get there lol. My highest prior was 1.1 billion, and prior to that was like 950 million or so.

I am NOT getting these scores regularly by any means.

I do think changing the rubbers on the outlanes helped a bit though and has made the game more fun because my games just last longer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

12,000 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.99
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

13,200 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/317?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.