(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 424.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Does anyone elses speaker on the bottom sound blown? Mine sounds crackly like a blown speaker sometimes during some sounds. But its not constant. Wondering if its a speaker issue or just a really bad sound clip.

Probably just bad sound. IMDN had the same issue that was fixed with code updates.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Any LEs shipping yet?

My dealer took my final payment Thurs and said Stern was starting to ship out.

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I was also told next week. Can’t wait!!

Ditto.

#1454 4 years ago

As posted in the Premium/LE thread, the playfield has been modified around the posts in order to limit (perhaps) pooling and chipping :
70679728_2488506681229669_3450763603928416256_o (1) (resized).jpg70679728_2488506681229669_3450763603928416256_o (1) (resized).jpg

#1455 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

As posted in the Premium/LE thread, the playfield has been modified around the posts in order to limit (perhaps) pooling and chipping :
[quoted image]

When my premium comes in I plan on never playing it, to avoid the clear coat problems.

SIKE!

#1456 4 years ago

That made me feel like a dorky high schooler from 1989

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

When my premium comes in I plan on never playing it, to avoid the clear coat problems.
SIKE!

You don't have to, they've been coming right out of the box with problems.

#1458 4 years ago

I was all set to buy this as my second NIB. Dream theme, gameplay looks superb, love it. I've been slowed down by reading about the play field issues. Just how widespread are they on the pros? Is it most games?

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

Modified from the factory by Stern? If so, in what way? Backing off the clear coat or a change in the post?

#1460 4 years ago

Listen its not that bad, it all depends are you a buyer who scans the PF and could find a loose very fine blond girls pube hiding under the slings? if so don't buy right now. For me even if I saw a black fly like coarse Russian girls pube in plain site it wouldn't bother me. I have a small chip by the 3rd flipper post that u can't see from the players perspective, a little piece of mylar fixed it up so it won't progress and I don't care anymore. The game is just too damn fun.

Oh and that was presumptuous of me, "a fine blond persons pube"

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Modified from the factory by Stern? If so, in what way? Backing off the clear coat or a change in the post?

It's a playfield from a Jurassic Park LE. It's from factory. See, there's no artwork around the posts, the wood is visible.

834e5902b3ec3128f0f3b5ddbda9a13a873181f0_2 (resized).jpg834e5902b3ec3128f0f3b5ddbda9a13a873181f0_2 (resized).jpg
#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Listen its not that bad, it all depends are you a buyer who scans the PF and could find a loose very fine blond girls pube hiding under the slings? if so don't buy right now. For me even if I saw a black fly like coarse Russian girls pube in plain site it wouldn't bother me. I have a small chip by the 3rd flipper post that u can't see from the players perspective, a little piece of mylar fixed it up so it won't progress and I don't care anymore. The game is just too damn fun.
Oh and that was presumptuous of me, "a fine blond persons pube"

I’m not picky. Just trying to be a funny guy. I had a chip in clearcoat of my GOTG not long after I bought it. Doesn’t effect my gameplay. I never worried about it too much. I didn’t call Stern about it either

#1463 4 years ago

I’m not picky. Just trying to be a funny guy. I had a chip in clearcoat of my GOTG not long after I bought it. Doesn’t effect my gameplay. I never worried about it too much. I didn’t call Stern about it either

Wasn't aimed at you just a general observation. We all know the levels of nit picking that exist in this hobby. One of the main reasons I don't really deal with older used pins anymore, its was a major drag to deal with some jackass bringing up every little issue trying to get a deal. I do understand at these price points you shouldn't have out of the box clear problems or chipping of any kind but I can deal with it within reason. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it at all if not for the threads.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wasn't aimed at you just a general observation. We all know the levels of nit picking that exist in this hobby. One of the main reasons I don't really deal with older used pins anymore, its was a major drag to deal with some jackass bringing up every little issue trying to get a deal. I do understand at these price points you shouldn't have out of the box clear problems or chipping of any kind but I can deal with it within reason. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it at all if not for the threads.

I didn’t take any offense to it at all
I’ve sold some older machine so I know about people picking things apart. One of my TZ I sold had some real pickers looking at it. I just had to laugh

#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a playfield from a Jurassic Park LE. It's from factory. See, there's no artwork around the posts, the wood is visible.[quoted image]

Can you tell if there's still clearcoat there, or did they back off the clear along with the ink?

#1466 4 years ago

So, how does one go about lighting the clear "escape" insert in the left outlane? I've done it multiple times but I dont know how I'm doing it.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, how does one go about lighting the clear "escape" insert in the left outlane? I've done it multiple times but I dont know how I'm doing it.

Roll
Over switch to upper left of pop bumper area to get it flashing at target on lower left side. Shoot target while flashing to light escape.

#1468 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1568517661999 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568517661999 (resized).jpg
#1469 4 years ago

I played a friend’s JP2 tonight and it seemed to play so much better. Finally figured out that it was about 1 degree steeper. The back legs were raised maybe 3/4”. Huge difference, somehow.

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Roll
Over switch to upper left of pop bumper area to get it flashing at target on lower left side. Shoot target while flashing to light escape.

Thanks! I'll have a look at that. Which target will be rlashing?

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I played a friend’s JP2 tonight and it seemed to play so much better. Finally figured out that it was about 1 degree steeper. The back legs were raised maybe 3/4”. Huge difference, somehow.

Did your friend have the stock black rubbers still on or not? Mine plays 10x better with Titans all around. The stock black Stern rubbers feel "clunky" in comparison

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Thanks! I'll have a look at that. Which target will be rlashing?

Far left escape target

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Can you tell if there's still clearcoat there, or did they back off the clear along with the ink?

I don't know for now.

#1474 4 years ago

Just wanna pop in to say I am loving the hell out of the Premium.

Been playing the one at Logan Arcade, and I genuinely have no complaints. Plays so great... I'm broke and won't own one any time soon, but to all you getting premiums and LEs, color me extremely jealous, you're gonna love this one!

#1475 4 years ago

Had a question, does anybody if the Pro and Premium have the same shot layout? Someone told me they did, and I'm assuming they do, but was curious if maybe the raptor put altered the geometry perhaps slightly?

#1476 4 years ago

I noticed this jaws pro sticker in my Jurassic park today.

Does anyone have a drained ball sometimes get stuck in the drain and not sense the ball has drained? It seems they are supposed to naturally slide to the right, and sometimes a ball gets stuck on the far left and not roll down. A little nudge gets it moving, still annoying though, especially if you had a ball save going.

20190915_025009 (resized).jpg20190915_025009 (resized).jpg20190915_025552 (resized).jpg20190915_025552 (resized).jpg
#1477 4 years ago

Pro cabinet close-up from Johnny Crap's Instagram page
68942974_818937361841308_1063667738924796229_n (resized).jpg68942974_818937361841308_1063667738924796229_n (resized).jpg

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I noticed this jaws pro sticker in my Jurassic park today.

It is interesting with Stern's code words they come up with. I wonder if it really helps with keeping titles secret? Star Wars was named like donut or something like that. Jaws is funny because I can picture one of Stern's employees on the line spoiling the release by saying " We will be making Jaws pinball this week on the line". Then rumor mill hits and people blow up the interwebs. I actually do think Jaws will be made-maybe some foreshadowing of what is to come?

#1479 4 years ago

Jaws - Jurrasic Park
Grandpa - Munsters
Furry Hats - Guardians
Donut - Star Wars (formerly Cinnabun)
Toys - Aerosmith
Shark - Batman66
Harold - Ghostbusters
Dudes - WWE
Politico - Game of Thrones
Dinner Time - Walking Dead
Bill - Star Trek
Biscuit - Mustang
Grinder - AC/DC
Star - Kiss
Not sure what Marlin turned out to be and I heard Maiden may have been Egypt

#1480 4 years ago

I dont get the acdc or gotg ones. The rest make sense once you know the title

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jaws - Jurrasic Park
Grandpa - Munsters
Furry Hats - Guardians
Toys - Aerosmith
Shark - Batman66
Harold - Ghostbusters
Dudes - WWE
Bill - Star Trek
Biscuit - Mustang
Grinder - AC/DC
Star - Kiss

All of the code words have a slight correlation but not seeing it for Donut-Star Wars, Jaws-Jurassic and Biscuit-Mustang?

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Well, I just replaced my coil stops after 100 games. Stern really needs to go back to their old stops. I had new stops ready to put in, so I didn't think it would take long. However, Stern is using galvanized screws now. So one of the screws stripped when I tried to put it back together. The fix took 3X's as long as it should have. I'm worried that the screws are going to seize to other metals & brackets in the future.
I'm a Stern fan, I'm bring this up for future preparation of education. I wonder if the Prem and Le's have upgraded screws and stops.

Never use a screwdriver to remove the coil stops. Use 1/4” hand driver.

Agree Stern had a bad batch(?) of coil stops and even plungers. My friend owns / operates 3 JP games and it’s happened on 2 of 3.

#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

All of the code words have a slight correlation but not seeing it for Donut-Star Wars, Jaws-Jurassic and Biscuit-Mustang?

Donut (formally cinnabon) - star wars (leia's hair)
Jaws- jurrasic park (giant moving trex jaw)
Biscuit - mustang (sea biscuit. Both are horses)

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Donut for the shape of hyperloop?
Jaws for T-Rex Jaws that capture ball?
Biscuit-because Fords are known to fall apart and crumble easily?-Joking

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Donut (formally cinnabon) - star wars (leia's hair)
Jaws- jurrasic park (giant moving trex jaw)
Biscuit - mustang (sea biscuit. Both are horses)

Funny you beat me to it but I like my guesses

#1486 4 years ago

Apparently Fuel was the codename for metallica

#1487 4 years ago

@ Graysonsdad

Furry Hats for GOTG is a reference to Rocket the Raccoon

#1488 4 years ago

Hello All,

Just picked up a JP Pro. Build Date 9/11. Looks like Pooling issue has been addressed.

IMG_0475 (resized).jpgIMG_0475 (resized).jpgIMG_0476 (resized).jpgIMG_0476 (resized).jpgIMG_0477 (resized).jpgIMG_0477 (resized).jpgIMG_0478 (resized).jpgIMG_0478 (resized).jpgIMG_0479 (resized).jpgIMG_0479 (resized).jpg
#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,
Just picked up a JP Pro. Build Date 9/11. Looks like Pooling issue has been addressed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great news!

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jaws - Jurrasic Park
Grandpa - Munsters
Furry Hats - Guardians
Toys - Aerosmith
Shark - Batman66
Harold - Ghostbusters
Dudes - WWE
Bill - Star Trek
Biscuit - Mustang
Grinder - AC/DC
Star - Kiss

Deadpool had codename "Guy"

#1491 4 years ago

Nice now I can calm down and wait for my premium!

#1492 4 years ago

Couple requests for other spots. Looks like they did it every place pooling could happen.

355F14BE-EF45-45B8-9304-D7E1E8582398 (resized).jpeg355F14BE-EF45-45B8-9304-D7E1E8582398 (resized).jpegA8CCA321-F776-4218-8A8D-A51EFFDF95E6 (resized).jpegA8CCA321-F776-4218-8A8D-A51EFFDF95E6 (resized).jpegCC83F70A-1CEE-4AE0-82F3-5CD57AE52BC5 (resized).jpegCC83F70A-1CEE-4AE0-82F3-5CD57AE52BC5 (resized).jpegD4122729-C25A-4F55-B213-A0F059EED40F (resized).jpegD4122729-C25A-4F55-B213-A0F059EED40F (resized).jpeg
#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,
Just picked up a JP Pro. Build Date 9/11. Looks like Pooling issue has been addressed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and great to hear!

#1494 4 years ago

Problem is how to make sure you get a new one. That is why I always said Build Datr should be in the box. I got mine from Melissa at Cointaker. She literally got some in yesterday.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Problem is how to make sure you get a new one. That is why I always said Build Datr should be in the box. I got mine from Melissa at Cointaker. She literally got some in yesterday.

The serial that's on the box could be a good indicator to find a poolingproof playfield.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,

This is great to see!

#1497 4 years ago

Now when I flip this in a month. I have a great selling feature. LOL.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,

Exhale!

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,

Is it still clear coated under the post? Looks like it.

Thanks for the pictures.

#1500 4 years ago

Omg Stern looks to have solved the issue????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/30?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.