(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 427.
#15351 1 year ago

Joined the club with heavily modified premium a few weeks ago. One of the mods is Lior’s sculpted t rex head. I’d say he only catches the ball 20-30% of the time. Are there any suggested tweaks to help increase this percentage? I already searched inside the thread and found a few others asking the same question but didn’t seem to find a fix. Highly appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks for helping on this crazy-good game!

#15352 1 year ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Like new less than 200 balls played I’ve added Stern shaker Stern art blades Stern JP armor Stern shooter knob 3d Sling mods that look amazing! Latest run May 2022 build I bou...”
2022-11-19
Dixon, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 286 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15353 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Joined the club with heavily modified premium a few weeks ago. One of the mods is Lior’s sculpted t rex head. I’d say he only catches the ball 20-30% of the time. Are there any suggested tweaks to help increase this percentage? I already searched inside the thread and found a few others asking the same question but didn’t seem to find a fix. Highly appreciated if someone can point me in the right direction.

There’s a dedicated thread for the trex head with a lot of info, take a look and ask more questions there if needed

#15354 1 year ago

Graphic EQ Settings Help Sought:

Just installed a pair of Kenwood 1366 5.25” backbox speakers and wondered if those of you out there with them have learned how to optimize the settings in the ten-band EQ.
Has anyone discovered that the high/low-shelf setting actually makes these Kenwoods sound better than the EQ setting?
The curious thing is that they sound better set to 8 ohm when they are in fact 4 ohm.
I also loaded in this DIY cab speaker upgrade, with guidance from other Pinside threads.
0C166D86-6003-4E37-A78B-EBC830DDE274 (resized).jpeg0C166D86-6003-4E37-A78B-EBC830DDE274 (resized).jpegC8A1C9A5-3405-412F-B5BB-4E2C00348CDE (resized).jpegC8A1C9A5-3405-412F-B5BB-4E2C00348CDE (resized).jpeg
F046C2C8-03C5-4732-89D2-CD20B0BAAEE4 (resized).jpegF046C2C8-03C5-4732-89D2-CD20B0BAAEE4 (resized).jpeg

4039740B-0DB1-4FD8-8650-9E48CF12C6D2 (resized).jpeg4039740B-0DB1-4FD8-8650-9E48CF12C6D2 (resized).jpegEC09FFA4-C4A9-48C2-87DE-6E00656DEDB0 (resized).jpegEC09FFA4-C4A9-48C2-87DE-6E00656DEDB0 (resized).jpeg
#15355 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

There’s a dedicated thread for the trex head with a lot of info, take a look and ask more questions there if needed

Do you have a link? Can’t seem to find it. My daughter painted mine and doesn’t catch the pinball all the time either.

#15356 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Graphic EQ Settings Help Sought:

Maybe it’s an amplifier issue. Factory speakers are 8ohm. Those require less power. Selecting 4Ω might overdrive the amp (not providing enough power to the speaker) and muddy the sound. Pinwoofer provides a new and matched amplifier for these reasons.
https://audiocurious.com/4-ohm-vs-8-ohm-speakers/
https://pinwoofer.com/

265735E2-334B-4541-BE01-C5EA9B8436C5 (resized).jpeg265735E2-334B-4541-BE01-C5EA9B8436C5 (resized).jpeg
#15357 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think prentice is referring to the dedicated thread for Lior's / Art Of Pinball T-Rex head owners: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Do you have a link? Can’t seem to find it. My daughter painted mine and doesn’t catch the pinball all the time either.

BallyKISS1978 You are having issues after your stock head mold (NOT Lior's custom one) was removed, painted and replaced correct? If so, you would NOT want to post in that above thread. If you started having catching issues after re-installing the head but she was catching balls before, you probably (inadvertently) messed something up during re-mounting of the assembly, head/jaw mold, or something got tweaked in the assembly during the process. There is no one-all-"this is what you need to do" solution unfortunately. The head assembly itself is very temperamental mechanically and mounting-wise and very much individually game dependent when it comes to placement + software settings + optics in play to make the T-Rex reliably catch balls. There are a few other threads about similar T-Rex issues but to link those to ya would likely take you down the wrong rabbit hole. Search around in the forums, look at key posts in this one, etc. and see if anyone's posts / videos, etc. seem to match your current head's catching issue. This guide put out by Stern and now on Marcos might help you as well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/JURASSIC_PARK_TREX_ALIGNMENT_PROCEDURE.pdf

#15358 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think prentice is referring to the dedicated thread for Lior's / Art Of Pinball T-Rex head owners: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

BallyKISS1978 You are having issues after your stock head mold (NOT Lior's custom one) was removed, painted and replaced correct? If so, you would NOT want to post in that above thread. If you started having catching issues after re-installing the head but she was catching balls before, you probably messed something up during re-mounting of the assembly, head/jaw mold, or something got tweaked in the assembly during the process. There is no one-all "this is what you need to do" solution unfortunately. The head assembly itself is very temperamental both mechanically and mounting-wise and very much individually game dependent when it comes to placement + software settings + optics in play to make the T-Rex reliably catch balls. There are a few other threads about similar T-Rex issues but to link those to ya would likely take you down the wrong rabbit hole. Search around in the forums, look at key posts in this one, etc. and see if anyone's posts / videos, etc. seem to match your current head's catching issue. This guide put out by Stern and now on Marcos might help you as well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/JURASSIC_PARK_TREX_ALIGNMENT_PROCEDURE.pdf

Thank you so much timlah79. Really appreciate your help. Have a good rest of your weekend and have a good upcoming thanksgiving!

#15359 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Maybe it’s an amplifier issue. Factory speakers are 8ohm. Those require less power. Selecting 4Ω might overdrive the amp (not providing enough power to the speaker) and muddy the sound. Pinwoofer provides a new and matched amplifier for these reasons.
[quoted image]

Correct. You may be overdriving the amp regardless of what your speakers Ohms say they are. I have an original run JP LE, with default speakers and back then the software was defaulted to 4 Ohms. Sounded super dull and would require bumping the game volume up but still sounding very boomy and dull at the 4 Ohms setting. Turn the volume down quite a bit and setting it to 8 Ohms = clarity and no need to bump the internal amplifier. I don't have experience installing different speakers but I know my ears. If 8 Ohms sounds good, set the software to that. Also, you shouldn't need to tweak the EQ much. High/Low shelf is good for internal speakers + internal SUB from my testing but I have my JP audio outputted to an outboard mixer + outboard SUB via a mod. I put a lot of info in this topic I created a long time ago if you want to check it out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-i-set-up-the-perfect-audio-experience-for-my-small-gameroom

In summary, if the 8 Ohms setting sounds better than 4 Ohms with your new speakers, keep it that way. I don't think you're damaging anything by doing so. Toy with the EQ settings if things seem off balance but I prefer to keep my JP settings flat aka no EQ, no High/Low shelf.

#15360 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Correct. You may be overdriving the amp regardless of what your speakers Ohms say they are. I have an original run JP LE, with default speakers and back then the software was defaulted to 4 Ohms. Sounded super dull and would require bumping the game volume up but still sounding very boomy and dull at the 4 Ohms setting. Turn the volume down quite a bit and setting it to 8 Ohms = clarity and no need to bump the internal amplifier. I don't have experience installing different speakers but I know my ears. If 8 Ohms sounds good, set the software to that. Also, you shouldn't need to tweak the EQ much. High/Low shelf is good for internal speakers + internal SUB from my testing but I have my JP audio outputted to an outboard mixer + outboard SUB via a mod. I put a lot of info in this topic I created a long time ago if you want to check it out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-i-set-up-the-perfect-audio-experience-for-my-small-gameroom
In summary, if the 8 Ohms setting sounds better than 4 Ohms with your new speakers, keep it that way. I don't think you're damaging anything by doing so. Toy with the EQ settings if things seem off balance but I prefer to keep my JP settings flat aka no EQ, no High/Low shelf.

Thanks, Tim.
Very helpful.
I’ll read your thread.

#15361 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

Thanks, Balderdash.
I don’t doubt I could benefit from an upgraded amp.
I may get around to investing in one eventually.
These upgraded speakers do sound better, but they need more power to drive them, so suddenly I’m setting my pin’s volume to 30 rather than 15.

#15362 1 year ago

Does anyone knows how many Jurassic Park have been made?

#15363 1 year ago
Quoted from Heliogabalo:

Does anyone knows how many Jurassic Park have been made?

Lots!

Stern do not release their numbers.

#15364 1 year ago

Anyone have movie code and insider connect working on their JP? Not sure if my movie code works with it since it says 1.03. I want to upgrade to IC but don’t want to lose custom code

#15365 1 year ago

Anyone needs a stern JP topper
Message me

D762E1E8-BAAE-4753-A6D3-25162475E64A (resized).jpegD762E1E8-BAAE-4753-A6D3-25162475E64A (resized).jpeg
#15366 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Anyone have movie code and insider connect working on their JP? Not sure if my movie code works with it since it says 1.03. I want to upgrade to IC but don’t want to lose custom code

You have to ditch the movie code if you want to use Insider Connected.

#15367 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

You have to ditch the movie code if you want to use Insider Connected.

No you dont. 1.05 works with IC

#15368 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm curious how this is going to work out.

#15369 1 year ago

My movie code is 1.03... whats different? I got from originator and "donated"....

#15370 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My movie code is 1.03... whats different? I got from originator and "donated"....

Pretty sure it just adds the IC support

#15371 1 year ago

Interesting, could've sworn the person that made the code thought you had to use stock code to use IC. Was he mistaken?

#15372 1 year ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Interesting, could've sworn the person that made the code thought you had to use stock code to use IC. Was he mistaken?

He added his custom stuff to the base Stern 1.05

#15373 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Below is what Stern introduced in 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07 (on the Prem) - there were no gameplay changes, although there were a few code fixes and setting changes (eg DNA extra ball now defaults to 6 DNA's - previously it was 8, but you can simply change this in your settings manually). Predominantly the updates are associated with Topper and IC

V1.07.0 - September 12th, 2022
==============================
- System - Updated to V3.22.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Corrected potential game reset issue.

- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or scanning
the WiFi setup QR code.

- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.

- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.

- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.

- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.

- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

V1.06.0 - July 29th, 2022
=========================
- Insider Connected - Home Team

The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.

The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.

Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.

- Insider Connected - fix issue with awarding the Perfect Paddock achievement when the Dinosaur was captured before the last worker
- Insider Connected - prompt Player to log in when not already logged in when there is not a valid playfield yet
- Insider Connected - adjustments to Game Over screen for use with Insider Connected
- Escape - fix issue with using the outlane save when the system ball saver is active
- Invalid Frenzy - add a few more error messages
- Attract - fixed an issue with long pricing string combinations

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- changed "DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL" default from 8 to 6 to match what the PRO version of the code does
- changed "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" to default to NO when the competition install is made
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players

- System - Updated to V3.20.0 on OS: V2.6.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0

- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.

- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.

- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.

- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.

- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count

- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".

- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".

- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0

- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.

- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

V1.05.0 - November 18th, 2021
=============================
- Insider Connected - achievements added. see achievement list on https://insider.sternpinball.com/
- Goat Mania - mode has now been added to the game if you are connected to Stern IC
- Goat Mania - without a Topper this mode will now start on the 5th Super Supply Drop
- Goat Mania - with a Topper this mode will only start via Topper Letter collection as usual

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" only when a topper is not connected, default to YES
- override "TOPPER LETTERS START GOAT MANIA" to NO for competition mode

- System - Updated to V2.97.0 on OS: V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD display.

- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec

- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR == ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN)
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accomodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.

- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.

- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a screen
will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be displayed
for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button. This replaces
the dots display previous shown at power on after an update.

- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use

- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.

- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100

- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#15374 1 year ago

Right Wireform Return: Ball Bounce at the Ball Drop, Anyone?

An auto-launched ball (or a smartly struck shot to the Helipad) on my JP2 PRO will come to the end of the wireform, directly above the ball drop, and "bounce" off the terminus and back up the wireform six inches or so and then roll back and finally down into the ball drop. This is uncommon, yes? My game is set to 6.7-degrees pitch. This bounce effect doesn't change with variations in pitch or lateral leveling. I would like to adjust this out if I can. I have made zero changes to the geometry of this ramp or the points where it's secured to the playfield.

#15375 1 year ago

Right Wireform Return: Ball Bounce at the Ball Drop, Anyone?
An auto-launched ball (or a smartly struck shot to the Helipad) on my JP2 PRO will come to the end of the wireform, directly above the ball drop, and "bounce" off the terminus and back up the wireform six inches or so and then roll back and finally down into the ball drop. This is uncommon, yes? My game is set to 6.7-degrees pitch. This bounce effect doesn't change with variations in pitch or lateral leveling. I would like to adjust this out if I can. I have made zero changes to the geometry of this ramp or the points where it's secured to the playfield.

Nope, that’s not great. I would be taking the wireform off and slightly bending the upper curved section where the ball strikes so that it is above its current height. That will change the forces on impact and should send it it downwards.

#15376 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Nope, that’s not great. I would be taking the wireform off and slightly bending the upper curved section where the ball strikes so that it is above its current height. That will change the forces on impact and should send it it downwards.

Hi, Had.
Thanks for your input. Your solution did occur to me, but I worried about causing the chrome to flake if I bent any part of the wireform.

#15377 1 year ago

Hi, Had.
Thanks for your input. Your solution did occur to me, but I worried about causing the chrome to flake if I bent any part of the wireform.

Pretty sure the wireforms are just stainless steel?

#15378 1 year ago

He added his custom stuff to the base Stern 1.05

How does the custom 1.03 work on 1.05? Do you install stern 1.05 in order to activate IC then remove SD and go back to 1.03 to have IC work?

#15379 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

How does the custom 1.03 work on 1.05? Do you install stern 1.05 in order to activate IC then remove SD and go back to 1.03 to have IC work?

No. He came out with a 1.05 ver of his code. You run that and IC works.

#15380 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Pretty sure the wireforms are just stainless steel?

Hi, Had.

I think you should cover your tools or the wireform with fabric to avoid damage

#15381 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Anyone needs a stern JP topper
Message me
[quoted image]

PM sent

#15382 1 year ago

Has anyone done any artwork replacement for the center apron decal? I usually like to swap out the seizure warning stickers for something more artistic and less CYA...

#15383 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Has anyone done any artwork replacement for the center apron decal? I usually like to swap out the seizure warning stickers for something more artistic and less CYA...

There's these magnetic aprons - both IC and non-IC versions https://www.wizardmod.com/jurassic-park-pinball-mods

#15384 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

There's these magnetic aprons - both IC and non-IC versions https://www.wizardmod.com/jurassic-park-pinball-mods

Thanks. I'm having the apron PC'd so I don't want to cover it. I'm just looking for something fun for the center apron. I might have to mock something up myself. Maybe something simple like the JP logo.

#15385 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I think you should cover your tools or the wireform with fabric to avoid damage

Agreed. Primarily trying to reassure that from the factory there’s not a chrome coating that’s going to pop off when bent.

#15386 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Thanks. I'm having the apron PC'd so I don't want to cover it. I'm just looking for something fun for the center apron. I might have to mock something up myself. Maybe something simple like the JP logo.

I’ve seen some decals for the apron center that describe the function(s) of the action button. I find that a smart use of the space.

#15387 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve seen some decals for the apron center that describe the function(s) of the action button. I find that a smart use of the space.

In this thread?

#15388 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

In this thread?

I cant remember where I saw it but it was in the last week. It may have been in the stern SW thread. If I can find it I’ll link it here.

Edit: It was actually the standard Stern centre sticker. Could be reworked without the seizure warning. I would cover the colors and what they mean such as “hold button to add a ball when flashing yellow.”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/263#post-7245841

#15389 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You could crop this...

Jurassic-P-Caution (resized).jpgJurassic-P-Caution (resized).jpg
#15390 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I make/sell magnetic decals for Premium/LE (metal aprons) that cover the OEM center decal. I could also do a vinyl decal for Pro (plastic apron).
IMG_8158 (resized).JPGIMG_8158 (resized).JPG

#15391 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I make/sell magnetic decals for Premium/LE (metal aprons) that cover the OEM center decal. I could also do a vinyl decal for Pro (plastic apron).
[quoted image]

I would be interested in a pro version.

#15393 1 year ago

Made these flipper mods. Would suit JP. Comes in red or green.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/07455-godzilla-jurassic-park-flipper-mod

IMG_20221122_142855 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_142855 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_143231 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_143231 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163425 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163425 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163655 (resized).jpgIMG_20221122_163655 (resized).jpg
#15394 1 year ago

Hello.

I just joined the club with a JP Pro the other day and I was hoping to get my game updated to the Ultimate code with the actual assets. I could care less about the insider connected platform, which I know it doesn't support the new features from that.

Can someone provide me a link with where to download this from?

Thanks.

#15395 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Agreed. The use of the Button for Smart Missile with the various choices/options etc. would be great as a center decal.

#15396 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Agreed. The use of the Button for Smart Missile with the various choices etc would be great as a center decal.

Yeah that's a good idea. Despite having played it for a bit, I still find the Smart Missile animation so dense/poorly laid out (and briefly displayed) that most of the time I cannot even see what reward I'm selecting before I need to shoot.

#15397 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Yeah that's a good idea. Despite having played it for a bit, I still find the Smart Missile animation so dense/poorly laid out (and briefly displayed) that most of the time I cannot even see what reward I'm selecting before I need to shoot.

Yep, the animations are poor. By the time I've looked up, and tried to choose... 3 seconds is up. I wonder if there's a option to change this time within settings.

#15398 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Agreed. The use of the Button for Smart Missile with the various choices/options etc. would be great as a center decal.

The challenge is that it varies depending upon where you're at in the game but maybe you could come up with something (just need to keep it relatively simple)

• Choice 1
o If Chaos Multiball is active or lit - Super Supply Drop - Awards the next item in the Super Supply Drop sequence.
o Otherwise - Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was if spelling CHAOS doesn’t light the MB. This does not necessarily immediately start Chaos MB if it lights it; the ball still has to hit the target again.

• Choice 2
o If you’re in a Paddock - Clear Paddock - captures the current dino and collects all remaining rescues for the paddock, adding them to both your rescue total and rescue streak.
o Otherwise - Super Combos - Combos score 5x for the remainder of the ball.

• Choices 3 and 4 - Two different awards from the following options, with the last two not available until some of the earlier options have been collected:
o Rescues - +5 Rescues at first; collecting it can add +10 Rescues to the award pool. May not be a bad first option if you’re good at the Smart Missile shot, considering the +5 automatically relights it.
o Raptor Multiball - Immediately starts Raptor Tri-Ball. This also counts as having gone through the regular sequence of lighting it, meaning you’ll start over at the next difficulty for the next RTB.
o Extra Ball - Immediately awards an extra ball.
o Fossil - Spots a “wildcard” Fossil.
o Super Escape - For the remainder of the ball, “Lite Escape” no longer needs to be qualified using the pops switch (ie, “Lite Escape” will always be flashing if “Escape” is not lit.)

• Choice 5 -
o During any Multiball and / or mode (Control Room / T-Rex), or after Invalid?? was earned - 25 Million - I dunno…
o Otherwise - Invalid?? - Starts Invalid Frenzy immediately, without having to qualify and play all four Control Room modes. Scoring is the same as in the normal Invalid Frenzy and you can still enter your initials by getting a high enough score during this mode. Invalid Frenzy can only be chosen once per game; afterwards, Choice 5 becomes 25 million. This option is disabled during competitive play. If Chaos Multiball is lit at the target, you can stack the two with a successful shot. You can still play a second Invalid Frenzy through the traditional path of lighting it.

• Choice 6 - Abort - selecting this award will deactivate the Smart Missile and the inlane insert will flash instead of being lit solid; you can requalify it (lit solid again) with two shots to the Truck.

#15399 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The challenge is that it varies depending upon where you're at in the game but maybe you could come up with something (just need to keep it relatively simple)
• Choice 1
o If Chaos Multiball is active or lit - Super Supply Drop - Awards the next item in the Super Supply Drop sequence.
o Otherwise - Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was if spelling CHAOS doesn’t light the MB. This does not necessarily immediately start Chaos MB if it lights it; the ball still has to hit the target again.
• Choice 2
o If you’re in a Paddock - Clear Paddock - captures the current dino and collects all remaining rescues for the paddock, adding them to both your rescue total and rescue streak.
o Otherwise - Super Combos - Combos score 5x for the remainder of the ball.
• Choices 3 and 4 - Two different awards from the following options, with the last two not available until some of the earlier options have been collected:
o Rescues - +5 Rescues at first; collecting it can add +10 Rescues to the award pool. May not be a bad first option if you’re good at the Smart Missile shot, considering the +5 automatically relights it.
o Raptor Multiball - Immediately starts Raptor Tri-Ball. This also counts as having gone through the regular sequence of lighting it, meaning you’ll start over at the next difficulty for the next RTB.
o Extra Ball - Immediately awards an extra ball.
o Fossil - Spots a “wildcard” Fossil.
o Super Escape - For the remainder of the ball, “Lite Escape” no longer needs to be qualified using the pops switch (ie, “Lite Escape” will always be flashing if “Escape” is not lit.)
• Choice 5 -
o During any Multiball and / or mode (Control Room / T-Rex), or after Invalid?? was earned - 25 Million - I dunno…
o Otherwise - Invalid?? - Starts Invalid Frenzy immediately, without having to qualify and play all four Control Room modes. Scoring is the same as in the normal Invalid Frenzy and you can still enter your initials by getting a high enough score during this mode. Invalid Frenzy can only be chosen once per game; afterwards, Choice 5 becomes 25 million. This option is disabled during competitive play. If Chaos Multiball is lit at the target, you can stack the two with a successful shot. You can still play a second Invalid Frenzy through the traditional path of lighting it.
• Choice 6 - Abort - selecting this award will deactivate the Smart Missile and the inlane insert will flash instead of being lit solid; you can requalify it (lit solid again) with two shots to the Truck.

Ah, thanks for this context! I haven’t studied these rules yet.

#15400 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Quoted from kempsuk:

Yep, the animations are poor. By the time I've looked up, and tried to choose... 3 seconds is up. I wonder if there's a option to change this time within settings.

I just get used to how many times I need to tap the action button

First time I tend to go for +5 rescues (2 taps on the action button) and this also relights smart missile. If I'm in a paddock, I'll go for Clear Paddock (1 tap); otherwise if I've already collected the +5 rescues, then I'll go for Extra Ball (3 taps).

Invalid can be a bit of fun, I've never stacked it with Chaos MB - now that would be a real blast!!

If trying to get to the 2nd Chaos MB, Complete Chaos (no taps) would definitely help and you also get access to a Control Room event when you've spelt CHAOS twice. Just depends on what you're going for and your game strategy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/308?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.