(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 427.
#15301 1 year ago

Thank you so much... great instructions!! I did buy the 1:32 size (which looks to be the same size), but you mentioned the 1:43 in your instructions. Is there much difference in size??
Thanks again.

Thank you. This is a search type thing right, if so, I didnt know it was a thing. Thank you for this also.

#15302 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thank you so much... great instructions!! I did buy the 1:32 size (which looks to be the same size), but you mentioned the 1:43 in your instructions. Is there much difference in size??
Thanks again.

Thank you. This is a search type thing right, if so, I didnt know it was a thing. Thank you for this also.

Yep, all the thread tools are right at the top. Sometimes I just cruise the photos to find what I'm looking for.

Screenshot_20221113_154745 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221113_154745 (resized).jpg
#15303 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yep, all the thread tools are right at the top. Sometimes I just cruise the photos to find what I'm looking for.
[quoted image]

Thank you. I will try this out in future.
Regards DK

#15304 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thanks again.

Both the 1:32 Jeep (#18) and the 1:43 Jeep (#12) are actually the same size. Manufacturer must have labeled one of them wrong. Either one will fit the game.

9F3954B0-D296-4E76-957A-30D3AC51B689 (resized).jpeg9F3954B0-D296-4E76-957A-30D3AC51B689 (resized).jpeg
#15305 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Both the 1:32 Jeep (#18) and the 1:43 Jeep (#12) are actually the same size. Manufacturer must have labeled one of them wrong. Either one will fit the game.
[quoted image]

Thank you!!

#15306 1 year ago

Ok, anyone know where this screw goes back in ? Found it in the cabinet of my premium.

5DCAA9B5-FE1D-486B-B5B2-F2DECD6BBCEC (resized).jpeg5DCAA9B5-FE1D-486B-B5B2-F2DECD6BBCEC (resized).jpeg
#15307 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Ok, anyone know where this screw goes back in ? Found it in the cabinet of my premium. [quoted image]

Back of the apron

#15308 1 year ago

Hi All
For Museum Mayhem wizard mode, you just have to have played (and Not completed) the T-Rex events correct? Same for Secure Control Room wizard mode, just played and not completed?
Thank you

#15309 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
For Museum Mayhem wizard mode, you just have to have played (and Not completed) the T-Rex events correct? Same for Secure Control Room wizard mode, just played and not completed?
Thank you

That is correct, no need to finish each TRex or each Control room to play those mini wiz. Same with Visitor center mini wiz. No need to have capture all those dinos on the path you chose.

#15310 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

That is correct, no need to finish each TRex or each Control room to play those mini wiz. Same with Visitor center mini wiz. No need to have capture all those dinos on the path you chose.

Great, thank you.

#15311 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Hey. Where do I see my TRex procession as in what mode(s) I've played, and whats left to play??
Thank you

#15312 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hey. Where do I see my TRex procession as in what mode(s) I've played, and whats left to play??
Thank you

Unfortunately you can't - the only thing is the Museum Mayhem insert on the PF. If it is not lit then you still need to do more T-Rex events.

From the rulesheet:
On default settings, Feed T-Rex is always played as the first mode of the game, and the other three modes cycle with shots to the truck in the following looping order: Chase -> Encounter -> Rampage -> Feed -> Chase. On Competition Install settings, the first available mode will not necessarily be Feed T-Rex, and the Feed T-Rex mode will not start immediately on spelling completion at the captive ball.

#15313 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Unfortunately you can't - the only thing is the Museum Mayhem insert on the PF. If it is not lit then you still need to do more T-Rex events.
From the rulesheet:
On default settings, Feed T-Rex is always played as the first mode of the game, and the other three modes cycle with shots to the truck in the following looping order: Chase -> Encounter -> Rampage -> Feed -> Chase. On Competition Install settings, the first available mode will not necessarily be Feed T-Rex, and the Feed T-Rex mode will not start immediately on spelling completion at the captive ball.

OK. I was flipping through the menu's today and couldn't see anything, so figured that was the case.
Thank you for responding / confirming.
Regards Darren

#15314 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thank you

Spinning the truck after you have all T-REX letter lit will cycle the remaining T-Rex events (after T-Rec multiball). This is a way to see how many are remaining.

#15315 1 year ago

Just bought a Jurassic Park LE and looking for a Tilt Topper. Shoot me a PM if you have one for sale. May also consider a Stern factory topper

#15316 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just bought a Jurassic Park LE and looking for a Tilt Topper. Shoot me a PM if you have one for sale. May also consider a Stern factory topper

I have the tilt topper and its awesome....I saw one for sale on the local craigslist a few weeks ago

#15317 1 year ago

Is there any adjustments to the tower shot to make it a little smoother or just shoot better?? I hit the tower shot, and quite often it doesn't quite make it round, just drops back down. If I just need to shoot better, its all good. Just curious...
Thanks

#15318 1 year ago

The JP LE I just acquired has the 1.03 movie code and I'm considering purchasing an Insider Connected Premium kit for the game and replacing the code with the latest 1.07 code to make the game online connected like my Godzilla LE. The movie scenes are cool and all, but they get repetitive and I don't believe they're anything I'll miss. Have any other JP owners made this transition and were you happy with the upgrades and latest code? Any pros and cons or insight to share? Does anyone make a nice sticker/decal to go over that red/white QR reader that goes in the Apron to blend with the JP theme and not stand out so much? Or could the reader be installed in the coin door instead? I'm not familiar with Insider Connected, so any advice would be appreciated.

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/stern-insider-connected-retrofit-kit-for-prem-le-models

#15319 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Is there any adjustments to the tower shot to make it a little smoother or just shoot better?? I hit the tower shot, and quite often it doesn't quite make it round, just drops back down. If I just need to shoot better, its all good. Just curious...
Thanks

Check and see if your ball is able to make contact with the Phillips head screw to the left of the tower entrance flap. Some machines have this issue. Solutions range from grinding the screw down, to removing the screw altogether. I'd start there.

#15320 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Thanks

Couple quick and common things to check on to get you started:
1) Hold a ball in your hand and roll it against the ball guide that takes the ball up into the tower. See if the ball is making any contact with the screw that holds the ramp flap down.

2) Roll a ball through the right orbit exit (let it go from the top of right ramp wire return, and also roll it to the exit from the left orbit and from the center spinner) and look to see if the ball transitions smoothly from the ball guide onto the flipper. Does the ball transition and roll smoothly down the face of the upper flipper or does it hop away from the face a bit? If it hops, then you'll want to adjust the end of the ball guide out a bit to eliminate that hop to make for a more consistent shot.

#15321 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The JP LE I just acquired has the 1.03 movie code and I'm considering purchasing an Insider Connected Premium kit for the game and replacing the code with the latest 1.07 code to make the game online connected like my Godzilla LE. The movie scenes are cool and all, but they get repetitive and I don't believe they're anything I'll miss. Have any other JP owners made this transition and were you happy with the upgrades and latest code? Any pros and cons or insight to share? Does anyone make a nice sticker/decal to go over that red/white QR reader that goes in the Apron to blend with the JP theme and not stand out so much? Or could the reader be installed in the coin door instead? I'm not familiar with Insider Connected, so any advice would be appreciated.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/product-page/stern-insider-connected-retrofit-kit-for-prem-le-models

I personally love the custom code and think it completes the game. You can go to v1.05 of the custom code and still get access to IC and the achievements... just make sure to turn off any code download in network settings. Otherwise, buy a new SD card, copy Sterns v1.07 code, and try it out. You may not miss the custom code.
Thanks.

#15322 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Check and see if your ball is able to make contact with the Phillips head screw to the left of the tower entrance flap. Some machines have this issue. Solutions range from grinding the screw down, to removing the screw altogether. I'd start there.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Couple quick and common things to check on to get you started:
1) Hold a ball in your hand and roll it against the ball guide that takes the ball up into the tower. See if the ball is making any contact with the screw that holds the ramp flap down.
2) Roll a ball through the right orbit exit (let it go from the top of right ramp wire return, and also roll it to the exit from the left orbit and from the center spinner) and look to see if the ball transitions smoothly from the ball guide onto the flipper. Does the ball transition and roll smoothly down the face of the upper flipper or does it hop away from the face a bit? If it hops, then you'll want to adjust the end of the ball guide out a bit to eliminate that hop to make for a more consistent shot.

Yes, I think the ball is probably hitting this screw and causing issues, I will remove and try it out. Rather than grinding and just removing, is there another screen (flat head) that I can replace it with??

Thank you guys for the quick responses.
Regards

#15323 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Yes, I think the ball is probably hitting this screw and causing issues, I will remove and try it out. Rather than grinding and just removing, is there another screen (flat head) that I can replace it with??
Regards

Cliffy has carbon fiber flaps that replace the metal flaps and screws. I have them on mine and made the tower and the helicopter shot much much smoother. I also think they look great.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/JP3-Stern.htm

You can order just the carbon flaps for pretty cheap and based on what another pinsider recently said Cliff shipped them almost immediately.

#15324 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Regards

I just ordered 2 carbon flaps from Cliffy at Passion for Pinball. I should receive them any day and report back. After 2 years of owning a premium… I grew weary of the rejects.

They were VERY affordable and you dont need to order the full set.

EDIT. SimplePin beat me too it.

#15325 1 year ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Regards

Thanks guys. Removing the screw definitely helps... still need to play better lol, but its sooo much better already.
Thank you

Quoted from SimplePin:

Cliffy has carbon fiber flaps that replace the metal flaps and screws. I have them on mine and made the tower and the helicopter shot much much smoother. I also think they look great.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/JP3-Stern.htm
You can order just the carbon flaps for pretty cheap and based on what another pinsider recently said Cliff shipped them almost immediately.

I will order these carbon fibers.
Thank you

#15326 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yes, the IC can be installed in the coin door and I think there are several suppliers, but here is one I found on the marketplace:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

#15327 1 year ago

Rare Shots/Combos Cont'd:

Today I did something very odd. I hit the pops target so cleanly and with just the right velocity that the ball was reflected cleanly all the way back to the left flipper. This confused me as there is a gate to stop it from returning. I have to assume that the gate was knocked aside as the ball went through, then swung back down and bounced up/open again at just the right instant for the ball to slip underneath on its return path. It was a crazy. I would describe that as the longest perfect reflection shot I've ever done, on this or any layout. I almost did this a second time (on another day), but in that instance the ball slipped under the gate on the return but didn't come all the way back to the left flipper.

The rarest combo I've pulled off (twice in three weeks of play) is the right orbit to loop combo. I guess I'm a combo addict. I need to check the chart to see what animal is assigned to this particular combo. (Note: this combo is only possible if the up-post stays down after hitting the right orbit.)

#15328 1 year ago

Finally joined the club this weekend with a premium. It's been a long haul as I put in a deposit on January but it never happened so I bought a really clean aftermarket one. I'm a little older so my vision isn't what it used to be so I usually invest in pinstadium lighting but the machine came with powerblades and they're pretty cool and I'm pretty sure the pinstadiums will just wash out the powerblades. Does trough lighting help much or are there other alternatives.

#15329 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Rare Shots/Combos Cont'd:
Today I did something very odd. I hit the pops target so cleanly and with just the right velocity that the ball was reflected cleanly all the way back to the left flipper. This confused me as there is a gate to stop it from returning. I have to assume that the gate was knocked aside as the ball went through, then swung back down and bounced up/open again at just the right instant for the ball to slip underneath on its return path. It was a crazy. I would describe that as the longest perfect reflection shot I've ever done, on this or any layout. I almost did this a second time (on another day), but in that instance the ball slipped under the gate on the return but didn't come all the way back to the left flipper.
The rarest combo I've pulled off (twice in three weeks of play) is the right orbit to loop combo. I guess I'm a combo addict. I need to check the chart to see what animal is assigned to this particular combo. (Note: this combo is only possible if the up-post stays down after hitting the right orbit.)

Nice shots!

#15330 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

Finally joined the club this weekend with a premium. It's been a long haul as I put in a deposit on January but it never happened so I bought a really clean aftermarket one. I'm a little older so my vision isn't what it used to be so I usually invest in pinstadium lighting but the machine came with powerblades and they're pretty cool and I'm pretty sure the pinstadiums will just wash out the powerblades. Does trough lighting help much or are there other alternatives.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit

Make sure you order the right one for your game.

E8881AF3-CA95-4C74-862D-7D6FBF00CFC9 (resized).jpegE8881AF3-CA95-4C74-862D-7D6FBF00CFC9 (resized).jpeg

#15331 1 year ago

Does trough lighting help much

I found it helped a lot. Very easy install.

#15332 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:I found it helped a lot. Very easy install.

Did you use lermods and what color.

#15333 1 year ago

Did you use lermods and what color.

Yes. In white. Purchased via mezelmods

https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-trough-lighting-kit

...but $19.50 is pretty insane for what it is and I just bought it from there because I was ordering other stuff from mezel.

If you just want the light, I would probably order from Comet (they are doing a sale starting on thanksgiving)
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/outhole-lighting-kit

#15334 1 year ago

BEST GAME EVER!

7FAAA896-9FB7-4AA5-B445-977631C7DDD4 (resized).jpeg7FAAA896-9FB7-4AA5-B445-977631C7DDD4 (resized).jpeg

#15335 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

BEST GAME EVER!
[quoted image]

Talk about Pimped up pinballs
But do I guess correctly that you don't have anti-reflective glass?

#15336 1 year ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Talk about Pimped up pinballs
But do I guess correctly that you don't have anti-reflective glass?

You guess incorrectly! All my machines have anti reflective glass

#15337 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

BEST GAME EVER!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#15338 1 year ago

I have a question that maybe one of you guys can help me out with. I picked up an absolutely loaded JP premium a couple months back in a trade and has every single mod besides the movie code. My question is does anyone know where i can download old stern code, because when i received it, it already had the most recent code and has insider connected (which I don't use). I've emailed the creator of the custom movie code twice, but he still hasn't responded to me and its been a couple months so far. Love the game, but the lack of movie assets rather ruins a dream theme for me.

#15339 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

BEST GAME EVER!
[quoted image]

I haven't been too intrigued by most of the mods I've seen for Jurassic Park, but that gold coin door is pretty badass.

#15340 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I have a question that maybe one of you guys can help me out with. I picked up an absolutely loaded JP premium a couple months back in a trade and has every single mod besides the movie code. My question is does anyone know where i can download old stern code, because when i received it, it already had the most recent code and has insider connected (which I don't use). I've emailed the creator of the custom movie code twice, but he still hasn't responded to me and its been a couple months so far. Love the game, but the lack of movie assets rather ruins a dream theme for me.

The movie code is no longer supported or distibuted by the creator.... you may be able to find it from someone....but that was not in the agreement....

#15341 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

[quoted image]

If anyone wants their jeep painted by my daughter lmk.

1AE9E45D-1DDD-4D9C-83FB-F909C5451EBF (resized).jpeg1AE9E45D-1DDD-4D9C-83FB-F909C5451EBF (resized).jpeg
#15342 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

You're better off without the movie code in my opinion. What good does installing an older version of the code do without having the movie code? I think I have the files for premium/LE version 1.02 on my computer, but I don't have the movie code anymore.

#15343 1 year ago

Quick questions to anyone that installed some Pinstads to their JP.

I'm trying to connect the UV+Glow to Flasher 161 Raptor pit Enter flasher. But it is on the big connector and incorporated in that main black board.

I think it is LED 4 on that board, but want to get confirmation.

If so, then just need to plug into LED 4 and the other in the 5V and should be fine, right?

Thanks all.

#15344 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Quick questions to anyone that installed some Pinstads to their JP.
I'm trying to connect the UV+Glow to Flasher 161 Raptor pit Enter flasher. But it is on the big connector and incorporated in that main black board.
I think it is LED 4 on that board, but want to get confirmation.
If so, then just need to plug into LED 4 and the other in the 5V and should be fine, right?
Thanks all.

Hook up the alligator clips to the bulb socket. No need to hack the connectors. Come see how I did mine if you want you're only a few minutes away from my place

EDIT: Just realized you meant the flasher board. I hooked my UV up to the left flasher by the control room. Works well.

#15345 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hook up the alligator clips to the bulb socket. No need to hack the connectors. Come see how I did mine if you want you're only a few minutes away from my place
EDIT: Just realized you meant the flasher board. I hooked my UV up to the left flasher by the control room. Works well.

Thanks. Will try that

But I did not get any alligator clips and the new small metal tips that you can disconnect rhe flasher and put the small wires/connectors in them and replug the flashers

#15346 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Thanks. Will try that
But I did not get any alligator clips and the new small metal tips that you can disconnect rhe flasher and put the small wires/connectors in them and replug the flashers

Weird. I got both on my last order about 5 months ago.

#15347 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Weird. I got both on my last order about 5 months ago.

No worries, figured it out! Installed and looks fantastic!

#15348 1 year ago

I hit a fun quad combo tonight (although no associated bonus or callout). Right helix ramp, left guard tower 180, right helipad 180, left T-rex ramp.

Btw, is the right flipper button supposed to allow a half press to actuate lower flipper independent of the upper flipper? Fully pressing makes them both flip. Or is something wrong with my machine?

#15349 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Btw, is the right flipper button supposed to allow a half press to actuate lower flipper independent of the upper flipper?

Yes

#15350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I hit a fun quad combo tonight (although no associated bonus or callout). Right helix ramp, left guard tower 180, right helipad 180, left T-rex ramp.
Btw, is the right flipper button supposed to allow a half press to actuate lower flipper independent of the upper flipper? Fully pressing makes them both flip. Or is something wrong with my machine?

If not how could you cradle at the bottom and flip from the upper. Also helps to not have the upper flipper block your lower flipper shot. Pinball machines have been like that for quite a while now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 21,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/307?hl=kempsuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.