(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 427.
#15051 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

you should be able to find them by searching this thread

Not sure I've seen yellow. Most people have gone orange (a few have tried green) but orange definitely looks good

What search parameters?
“Helicopter mod”?
“Helipad rotor mod”?

Thanks for your responses.

#15052 1 year ago

The extra ball after six rescues seems to come naturally with the progression of the game. What is the next EB (or next two) to go after? They seem a bit daunting after the first one.

#15053 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

The extra ball after six rescues seems to come naturally with the progression of the game. What is the next EB (or next two) to go after? They seem a bit daunting after the first one.

Capture T-Rex

#15054 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

What search parameters?
“Helicopter mod”?
“Helipad rotor mod”?
Thanks for your responses.

They could work, I just tried “blade” and found a range of posts regarding modding the Pro. The search will return a lot of posts that you’ll then need to scan through to find what you’re looking for

#15055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

My favorite is get +5 rescues on first smart missle, grab extra ball, then immediately shoot smart missle again, choosing extra ball as prize. It rarely works but when it does, it is glorious.

#15056 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Don't dare say that in the custom code thread. You'll be called a heretic and get insults thrown at you non-stop.
FWIW I agree with you. While the movie quotes are classic in terms of the movie itself, they make absolutely no sense in the context of the game.

I have also wondered this.
I have a new premium and installed custom code day one. I’m thinking of going back to normal updated stern code. Mifht do that with gotg too. Can’t decide.
Now, custom code on stranger seems to work very well though.

#15057 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I have also wondered this.
I have a new premium and installed custom code day one. I’m thinking of going back to normal updated stern code. Mifht do that with gotg too. Can’t decide.
Now, custom code on stranger seems to work very well though.

I've loaded up each on a separate SD card, and just swapped back to standard code in order to better learn the game. Definitely will go back to movie code once I know what the heck I'm doing a bit better, hoping the proper callouts help.

Question for the group:
I just found a fairly small black screw amidst the pops but couldn't see where it came from. Any ideas?

#15058 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

So I just did some work on my JP and installed new posts on both outlanes. I basically "upgrade" each of the 4 posts to the next larger size except the top right one I went to a star post. I am going to try it out and if it feels TOO unfair/easy I may put a normal post on the right where I put the star post. I have an extra because I ordered 2 and removed 1.
I have yet to play it though but it seems like the outlane on the right is now a smidgen bigger than the inlane. I think the right outlane is now smaller than the left outlane though.
I also installed new coil stops and sleeves from PBL while I was in there. I'll report back after I play it. I'm beat so not sure if I'll do it tonight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you want a longer more rewarding game, turn on win extra games and the reward is an extra ball, like one at 150, 300, 500, 800 mil

That way when you are having a great game it really stretches it out there!

#15059 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?
1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.
2. Get the cliffy carbon fiber ramp entrances. Don't care what anyone says, the ball gets up the inverted ramps a LOT more than with any configuration/types of screws.
3. Remove the tilt bob. Look, I'm not going to ANY major pinball tourneys anytime soon. Who gives a rat ass about the tilt bob. Make the game fun for YOU. If all you get is drains left ad right, the most fun theme in the world won't matter.
4. Nudging. Man, when that ball doesn't make the inverted tower ramp or the left loop around the T-Rex ramp, you better know the physics of the ball and its anticipated trajectory cause it IS headed near that outlane OR off the top right flipper and dangerously close to STDM. Nudging is so key on this game. I think Keith intentionally designs his games to where if you know how to nudge, it seriously keep a game alive.
I used to get SO angry after a bad game. Three balls not lasting more than 25M in some cases. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. But once I completed the steps above AND got used to hitting both ramps with decent consistency, the game goes from a cage to a full on park. A...Jurassic Park if you will!

What are the carbon fiber ramp entrances?

#15060 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:What are the carbon fiber ramp entrances?

Cliffy makes a set of carbon fiber ramps which stick to the surface.

#15061 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I just found a fairly small black screw amidst the pops but couldn't see where it came from. Any ideas?

Black screws = Dino head.

Custom code is bomb - no regrets, never going back to std.

#15062 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Cliffy makes a set of carbon fiber ramps which stick to the surface.

ok...his website is a little busy. Did not see them. Ill send an email.

#15063 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

He does his best work by email!!! LOL

Drop him a note: [email protected]

#15064 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/JP3-Stern.htm

Be prepared to wait. I just ordered a full set for my STTNG a few weeks ago. He stated then that he had a six week backlog. Patience in pinball.

The carbon flaps helped my game tremendously. My flaps screws were not aligned correctly and the ball was hitting one on each of the flaps.

#15065 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Be prepared to wait. I just ordered a full set for my STTNG a few weeks ago. He stated then that he had a six week backlog. Patience in pinball.
The carbon flaps helped my game tremendously. My flaps screws were not aligned correctly and the ball was hitting one on each of the flaps.

Does he sell the ramps by themself? Or do you need the whole kit if you want any of them?

#15066 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Does he sell the ramps by themself? Or do you need the whole kit if you want any of them?

Pretty sure he'll sell the ramp flaps alone. Might get them faster. Just shoot him an email.

#15067 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Would recommend the whole kit.....

#15068 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Pretty sure he'll sell the ramp flaps alone. Might get them faster. Just shoot him an email.

Okay thanks I may reach out about them. I do get quite a bit of Raptor Tower shots that just don't quite make it and drop, and maybe that will help with that.

#15069 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Question for the group:

There are 3 black screws that hold the lower jaw onto the T-Rex mech (they screw in from underneath) and it’s not that uncommon for them to fall out.

#15070 1 year ago

is there a link on his page for JP mods?

#15071 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

is there a link on his page for JP mods?

http://www.passionforpinball.com/JP3-Stern.htm (as per SimplePin post) - is this what you meant?

#15072 1 year ago

Wanted In Minneapolis:

Stern Factory Topper for Jurassic Park

Please PM me if you have one for sale or steer me toward someone you know who might have one, etc.

I can offer a fair sum in cash, or I have a NIB factory DP topper to offer in trade.

Thanks!

#15073 1 year ago

I ordered just the carbon fiber ramp entrances and got them within a week.

Your mileage may vary.

#15074 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The search will return a lot of posts that you’ll then need to scan through to find what you’re looking for

Re: Heli-spinner:

I think I'm discovering that I'm on my own recreating this mech from the Premium. The only DIY attempt I saw in this thread was admirable but ignored the weights at the perimeter and thus didn't spin but for one turn with each ball pass. I will have to build the entire mech myself - and I don't imagine I'll ever get around to that. I guess I assumed that, three after the game's release, there would be a few, solid solutions available - some even turn-key. Nope. I guess I will just have to resign myself to the fact that the spinner is a Premium/LE feature and that is that. Drat.

#15075 1 year ago

I think I'm discovering that I'm on my own recreating this mech from the Premium. The only DIY attempt I saw in this thread was admirable but ignored the weights at the perimeter and thus didn't spin but for one turn with each ball pass. I will have to build the entire mech myself - and I don't imagine I'll ever get around to that. I guess I assumed that, three after the game's release, there would be a few, solid solutions available - some even turn-key. Nope. I guess I will just have to resign myself to the fact that the spinner is a Premium/LE feature and that is that. Drat.

It actually serves a purpose on the Prem(scoring like a spinner). I guess most folks feel like what’s the point on a pro? I remember some attempts and it tends to become a ball trap if not done perfect. YMMV.

#15076 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It actually serves a purpose on the Prem(scoring like a spinner). I guess most folks feel like what’s the point on a pro? I remember some attempts and it tends to become a ball trap if not done perfect. YMMV.

Gosh. Thanks for pointing that out! It's a spinner that actually closes a switch on the Premium! Good to know.

#15077 1 year ago

Wanted: JP2 PRO v1.05 Gamecode For Pinball Browser

Well, just as I was afraid of, version 1.07 gamecode contains a block that prevents Pinball Browser from accessing sounds.

Is there a JP2 owner here that happens to have a copy of v1.05? That worked on Zilla - the latest code was a bust, but older code allowed sounds access. I'm willing to give up the latest code features and bug fixes if it allows me to customize my pin's sounds.

Thanks.

#15078 1 year ago

Not sure what you are looking for other than the mods already posted. Remember the PRO doesn't have the logic or circuitry to sense the spinning, but if you just want the blades to SPIN, the take a look at post #6600 for a 3D model you can print and install yourself, or post #10424 for a kit you can buy and install on your pro. Is there something else you are looking for this to do?

#15079 1 year ago

the take a look at post #6600 for a 3D model you can print and install yourself

Thanks for the reference. I don't have a printer or access to one.

or post #10424 for a kit you can buy and install on your pro.

That's more like it. Thank you! I didn't see that until you mentioned it.

Not sure what you are looking for other than the mods already posted.

I just want the fun, rotor spin with each ball pass on the wireform, just like on the Premium.

One more thing:

Can you please take a second to teach me how to search for posts by number? I'm often given post numbers by helpful Pinsiders but I don't know how to search for them with the "Keyword" or "User" fields at the top of the thread. Thanks!

#15080 1 year ago

Brand new out of the box my t-rex ramp shot doesn't always register. It is strange cause it uses optos which are always on. However one out of every 10 ramp shots or so do not register. No other phantom switch hits during the gameplay or nothing noticeable in switch test.

Any ideas on what to check?

#15081 1 year ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

Brand new out of the box my t-rex ramp shot doesn't always register. It is strange cause it uses optos which are always on. However one out of every 10 ramp shots or so do not register. No other phantom switch hits during the gameplay or nothing noticeable in switch test.

I'd say first test the ramp entrance and ramp exit optos by hand in switch test to make sure they're registering in that test. Then use the left ramp switch test in the game menu to check how consistently they're registering from shots. it will compare the number of entrance and exit optos registering on shots. Whichever opto count is lower is the one that isn't registering. Here's info on it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/93#post-5484113

Once you figure out which opto isn't registering consistently (entrance or exit) then you can look at adjusting to get it consistent. It's a common issue and has been discussed a lot in both JP club forums if you keyword search "ramp opto" or something similar.

#15082 1 year ago

Wanted In Minneapolis:
Stern Factory Topper for Jurassic Park
Please PM me if you have one for sale or steer me toward someone you know who might have one, etc.
I can offer a fair sum in cash, or I have a NIB factory DP topper to offer in trade.
Thanks!

Can't you still order it from distros?

#15083 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can't you still order it from distros?

They showed up on Marcos for about an hour a few months ago then gone. Didn't show up on other sites.

#15084 1 year ago
Quoted from MythMaker:

As EaglePin said...optos. I had the same issue. For me it was the opto behind the backboard. some black electrical tape on the outside of the ramp to make the opto beam narrower did the the trick

#15085 1 year ago

While we're talking cliffys...what is verdict on slot protector cliffys on this game? The ball doesn't drop onto the slot, so for a HUO game, are they really necessary?

#15086 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

While we're talking cliffys...what is verdict on slot protector cliffys on this game? The ball doesn't drop onto the slot, so for a HUO game, are they really necessary?

I only use slot protectors in games where the ball drops on the slot. GOTG is an example where it makes sense. I don't put protectors on slots since the rollover doesn't really wear the slot like a drop does.

#15087 1 year ago

Just FYI, just the 2 carbon ramps from Cliffy ran me $9.75 shipped.

#15088 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Well worth it!!!

#15089 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I agree with Markharris2000 I always save my Cliffy slot protectors for my older B/W's where the balls drop on the slots. My NGG and RS both have Cliffy slot protectors from my SW and JP3 Cliffy kits.

#15090 1 year ago

Hi all. I want to add spot lights to the top of the slingshots. Can some confirm that the thread of the post and nut shown in the photo is 8-32.

I want to make sure I order the correct sized hex spacer to raise the lights up

Thanks

20221013_181303 (resized).jpg20221013_181303 (resized).jpg
#15091 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Hi all. I want to add spot lights to the top of the slingshots. Can some confirm that the thread of the post and nut shown in the photo is 8-32.
I want to make sure I order the correct sized hex spacer to raise the lights up
Thanks
[quoted image]

I believe it is that. It's either that or 6-32 but I don't believe it is that small.

Any specific reason you aren't just going to get a kit? I ordered 2 of these 2 light kits and they come with everything you need, including both 6-32 and 8-32 parts.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3db10b555&_ss=r

#15092 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Are you speaking of flaps that must be secured by rivets?

#15093 1 year ago

Are you speaking of flaps that must be secured by rivets?

No, the ramp flaps on this page.

#15094 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I believe it is that. It's either that or 6-32 but I don't believe it is that small.
Any specific reason you aren't just going to get a kit? I ordered 2 of these 2 light kits and they come with everything you need, including both 6-32 and 8-32 parts.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3db10b555&_ss=r

Thanks. Unfortunately I am in the UK so postage is double the cost of the kit so have to build my own from UK parts lol.

I will order 8-32 as agree they look bigger than 6-32

#15095 1 year ago

So I reached the visitor center for the second time today. I thought I had finished the mode, but maybe not? I got to the stage where you lock a ball in the raptor pen and another in the control room. I then knocked them both out and started the victory targets mode. I wasn’t sure what to hit so I just focused on keeping the multiball going as long as possible. When I drained down to one ball, it was not clear to me what I should do. I think a couple of the standup targets in the upper portion of the playfield near shot entrances were blue (possibly blinking but I can’t remember for sure). Other than that, the “O” shot was blinking and the raptor pen lights on the plastic were blinking.

I ended up shooting for the raptor pen since that has been a big focus in the visitor center mode. I hit it twice (the rear target - the gate was lowered) and it gave me Raptor Tri-ball. In retrospect I think this might’ve been because I had a ball locked in there prior to visitor center that got released during visitor center multiball, so I was able to start raptor tri-ball without a ball locked in there. After that, I still didn’t know what to do.

I started bashing the jeep thinking I could get museum mahem going but it seem to be registering t-Rex letters what I hit it.

What was I supposed to do?

#15096 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

So I reached the control center for the second time today. I thought I had finished the mode, but maybe not? I got to the stage where you lock a ball in the raptor pen and another in the control room. I then knocked them both out and started the victory targets mode. I wasn’t sure what to hit so I just focused on keeping the multiball going as long as possible. When I drained down to one ball, it was not clear to me what I should do. I think a couple of the standup targets in the upper portion of the playfield near shot entrances were blue (possibly blinking but I can’t remember for sure). Other than that, the “O” shot was blinking and the raptor pen lights on the plastic were blinking.
I ended up shooting for the raptor pen since that has been a big focus in the visitor center mode. I hit it twice (the rear target - the gate was lowered) and it gave me Raptor Tri-ball. In retrospect I think this might’ve been because I had a ball locked in there prior to visitor center that got released during visitor center multiball, so I was able to start raptor tri-ball without a ball locked in there. After that, I still didn’t know what to do.
I started bashing the jeep thinking I could get museum mahem going but it seem to be registering t-Rex letters what I hit it.
What was I supposed to do?

Sounds like you are describing "Visitor Center", not "Secure Control Room"... either way try reading the rules: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

victory targets is just shoot all the targets which lights raptor target for jackpot I think...something like that....basically just shoot lit targets.

#15097 1 year ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Sounds like you are describing "Visitor Center", not "Secure Control Room"... either way try reading the rules: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644
victory targets is just shoot all the targets which lights raptor target for jackpot I think...something like that....basically just shoot lit targets.

Right - I’ll go back and edit my post. Visitor Center. So you have to finish it with the jackpot even if you’ve drained down to single ball play, drain that ball and start another single ball? It wasn’t clear to me from reading the rules. I’ve read them several times (including once during the game with a ball cradled on the left flipper).

#15098 1 year ago

One reason I thought the visitor center mode was complete/over was that I was awarded the Pteranodon Fossil when I drained. What’s after that? It was odd that the game, which up to that point has made what to do pretty clear, gave no direction at all that I could understand or see.

#15099 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

One reason I thought the visitor center mode was complete/over was that I was awarded the Pteranodon Fossil when I drained. What’s after that? It was odd that the game, which up to that point has made what to do pretty clear, gave no direction at all that I could understand or see.

I had the same issue after reaching Visitor Centre however to progress to Escape Nublar you need to have done Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Centre. Each of these will become lit on the PF once you've achieved it, so which ever aren't lit is what you need to work on (yes it's not clear and neither the info on the screen or the status displays when holding up a flipper show you your progression in either Control Room or T-Rex Events)

In regards to starting the T-Rex events, depending upon yours settings, the first 2 events you can get the letters simply hitting/bumping the truck but after that you need to fully swing of the truck to the other side to get each of letters for an event or Museum Mayhem.

In regards to lighting the 4 control room events to Secure the Control Room, you need to achieve these
• Catching your first dinosaur
• Spelling CHAOS twice
• Getting a Jackpot in Raptor Tri-Ball
• 15 tower shots

#15100 1 year ago

And if all the adjusting doesn’t work, buy some new optos. Inexpensive and solved it for me. Plug and play

Quoted from MythMaker:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/302?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.