(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,279 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by WillM
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 426.
#15001 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Hi. I am not technical so can anyone help explain what I need to do as I keep getting a service message telling me switch 17 trough 4 isn't working. The game seems to work fine but I don't know what it means.
When I find that switch on the switch test menu it says Out of Service bit I seem to be able to switch it back to In Service. Then the message comes back later
Thanks

Which actual switch is that? Like where on the playfield?

#15002 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Which actual switch is that? Like where on the playfield?

Assume it is in the ball trough. Have no idea what type of switch and why there are 6 of them and why the machine would work despite it. The balls seem to come out ok

#15003 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Assume it is in the ball trough. Have no idea what type of switch and why there are 6 of them and why the machine would work despite it. The balls seem to come out ok

Possibly a poor electrical connection is causing the intermittent failure of the opto switch. I’d first try reseating the connectors on the trough opto boards and where they go into the node board.

The machine has trough switches to help keep track of where the balls are, which is especially important during multiball. Depending which trough switch is flaky, there can be some adverse behaviour however in some cases (like yours) you may see little to no change for most of the gameplay. But worthwhile fixing it to ensure you don’t have an issue halfway through a great game

#15004 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Really wanted to add some trees to the playfield so finally after a few hours I have them installed! Really fills in the playfield and looks fantastic.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful friend. These trees are like Pringles

A953648A-9DEA-469F-839B-9AB94EB7122F (resized).jpegA953648A-9DEA-469F-839B-9AB94EB7122F (resized).jpeg
#15005 1 year ago

For those who have added a toy raptor over the raptor pen to replace the crappy plastic, what is the best method for securing it? Double sided tape, glue or another way?

Thanks in advance

#15006 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Be careful friend. These trees are like Pringles[quoted image]

looks awesome. how many did you snap lol

#15007 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

For those who have added a toy raptor over the raptor pen to replace the crappy plastic, what is the best method for securing it? Double sided tape, glue or another way?
Thanks in advance

I would use a soft, malleable clay adhesive thst holds things in place but never hardens.

Google "DAP Blue Stick Reusable Adhesive Putty". That's what I use!

#15008 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would use a soft, malleable clay adhesive thst holds things in place but never hardens.
Google "DAP Blue Stick Reusable Adhesive Putty". That's what I use!

Thanks that's great advice

#15009 1 year ago

Does anyone have a copy of the game code 1.05 for a Premium laying around? I can only get 1.07 from the website and I'm only wanting to upgrade to 1.05 right now. I was super appreciate it!!

#15010 1 year ago

Disregard. I have v1.05 for Pro only.

#15011 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

Does anyone have a copy of the game code 1.05 for a Premium laying around? I can only get 1.07 from the website and I'm only wanting to upgrade to 1.05 right now. I was super appreciate it!!

What's the difference?

#15012 1 year ago

Hi all, im looking to put a post genie on my pro, im in the UK so ordering a single post from pinball life seems daft. Could anyone advise me on the size of the post they use, im seeing 1-1/16", 1-3/16" and 1" on the shop i plan on ordering from.

EDIT: figured it out

#15013 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

Thanks in advance

I took a piece of metal coat hanger and fashioned a loop at one end, stuck the other end in the raptors belly with a dot of gorilla glue. Then used an existing screw to secure it. Took some adjusting to get it right, but he's not going anywhere. You can barely see the loop screwed down here in this pic.

Screenshot_20221007_092508 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221007_092508 (resized).jpg
#15014 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

What's the difference?

The video/sound mod is incompatible with 1.07. Only works with 1.05. :/

#15015 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

I think the question was difference between Pro and Prem....and there are a BUNCH

#15016 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

Custom code is it's own version. You do not need to have 1.05 already in the machine. If you have the custom code on a SD Card it will just work. Don't ask me for the code I no longer have it.

#15017 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Custom code is it's own version. You do not need to have 1.05 already in the machine. If you have the custom code on a SD Card it will just work. Don't ask me for the code I no longer have it.

This is not how I understood it working. I was thinking the USB update process makes changes to firmware and other areas, not just updating items on the SD Card. I suppose I can just load the SD card and see if it works... but I thought for sure it updates logic board firmware as well etc.

#15018 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

This is not how I understood it working. I was thinking the USB update process makes changes to firmware and other areas, not just updating items on the SD Card. I suppose I can just load the SD card and see if it works... but I thought for sure it updates logic board firmware as well etc.

I don't think the movie code is better. I switched back to stock because it was confusing. I don't know if it's better now, but the context-specific callouts were replaced with generic movie lines and it made the game incoherent. You're better off with the cheesy animations and voices.

#15019 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

The custom code only exists as a full SD Card (v1.05) You can NEVER use the USB update method with the movie code as it will get erased/replaced. There is no USB movie code update process either. If you want to keep access to Insider Connect and the current code you will need 2 SD cards. One for each version.

#15020 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't think the movie code is better. I switched back to stock because it was confusing. I don't know if it's better now, but the context-specific callouts were replaced with generic movie lines and it made the game incoherent. You're better off with the cheesy animations and voices.

Don't dare say that in the custom code thread. You'll be called a heretic and get insults thrown at you non-stop.

FWIW I agree with you. While the movie quotes are classic in terms of the movie itself, they make absolutely no sense in the context of the game.

#15021 1 year ago
Quoted from farmboy88:

Loading Stern Spike2 game code is soup to nuts. Regardless of USB or SDcard update method, the machine gets everything it needs in every update. IT IS NOT LIKE WINDOWS UPDATE, which overlays the current foundation with just any new updated bits. Stern loads the WHOLE IMAGE, none of the software remains in memory or elsewhere. For USB, it unpacks the image and writes it to the SDCARD, wiping out everything on the card already there. For SDCARD, obviously when you swap the entire card, you swap the entire software image.

#15022 1 year ago

If you’re a fan of the movie or John Williams, I can’t imagine wanting the factory code

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Don't dare say that in the custom code thread. You'll be called a heretic and get insults thrown at you non-stop.
FWIW I agree with you. While the movie quotes are classic in terms of the movie itself, they make absolutely no sense in the context of the game.

#15023 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

What? The control room modes feel like it was coded for the movie audio.

#15024 1 year ago

So I just did some work on my JP and installed new posts on both outlanes. I basically "upgrade" each of the 4 posts to the next larger size except the top right one I went to a star post. I am going to try it out and if it feels TOO unfair/easy I may put a normal post on the right where I put the star post. I have an extra because I ordered 2 and removed 1.

I have yet to play it though but it seems like the outlane on the right is now a smidgen bigger than the inlane. I think the right outlane is now smaller than the left outlane though.

I also installed new coil stops and sleeves from PBL while I was in there. I'll report back after I play it. I'm beat so not sure if I'll do it tonight.
IMG_8528 (resized).JPGIMG_8528 (resized).JPGIMG_8529 (resized).JPGIMG_8529 (resized).JPG

#15025 1 year ago

If your not a tournament player and want to enjoy all the game has.. I’m all for larger posts, 5 balls and whatever it takes to make your HUO game more enjoyable.

#15026 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

If your not a tournament player and want to enjoy all the game has.. I’m all for larger posts, 5 balls and whatever it takes to make your HUO game more enjoyable.

Yeah I'm definitely not a tourney player. Only played in one and it was totally casual and I had a good time. I honestly got more frustrated with JP after I got GZ because the game just lasts so much longer and obviously that is more fun lol. So I'm hoping this helps out a bit.

The most frustrating part about JP to me is just the damn random ass outlane balls. It is like a god damn magnet so I hope this helps that out while still keeping it a challenge.

Only reason I haven't played 5 ball is because I don't want it to taint my high scores.

#15027 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah I'm definitely not a tourney player. Only played in one and it was totally casual and I had a good time. I honestly got more frustrated with JP after I got GZ because the game just lasts so much longer and obviously that is more fun lol. So I'm hoping this helps out a bit.
The most frustrating part about JP to me is just the damn random ass outlane balls. It is like a god damn magnet so I hope this helps that out while still keeping it a challenge.
Only reason I haven't played 5 ball is because I don't want it to taint my high scores.

Get a usb stick and save your current setting high scores on there, then you can create an “easy” settings group with 5 ball easier settings if you want. It’s easy to switch back and fourth with the load settings utility.

The game saves the settings with a date formatted file name, but you can take the USB out put it in a computer and rename the files so you can remember which is which. I’ve done this with my Godzilla to load up wasy settings when I play with my wife and kids so they have the opportunity to do battles and easy multi balls.

#15028 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Get a usb stick and save your current setting high scores on there, then you can create an “easy” settings group with 5 ball easier settings if you want. It’s easy to switch back and fourth with the load settings utility.
The game saves the settings with a date formatted file name, but you can take the USB out put it in a computer and rename the files so you can remember which is which. I’ve done this with my Godzilla to load up wasy settings when I play with my wife and kids so they have the opportunity to do battles and easy multi balls.

I think a similar setup can be done with a tournament button. I believe you can set it to different adjustments than your start button (beyond just the “tournament mode”).

#15029 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Let me know how it works. I have my JP up for sale but if it doesn’t sell I may do the same.

#15030 1 year ago

Jp is definitely a tough shooter. I hit so many posts last night trying to get the extra ball that the game went into ball save while I was playing.

#15031 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I can see how it could be confusing if you are new to the game.

I was already familiar with the game code when I switched to movie code so the shot objectives still made sense.

The only sacrifice for me with the movie code is losing the callouts that create a sense of urgency while rescuing staff in paddock modes.

Movie code is still is worth that sacrifice though.

#15032 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can see how it could be confusing if you are new to the game.
I was already familiar with the game code when I switched to movie code so the shot objectives still made sense.
The only sacrifice for me with the movie code is losing the callouts that create a sense of urgency while rescuing staff in paddock modes.
Movie code is still is worth that sacrifice though.

I think I played one game on real code before I went to movie code... need to swap and try

#15033 1 year ago

I had the movie code up for most of the games but switch back to original. I actually prefer the original.

#15034 1 year ago
Quoted from ELTANK01982:

Hi all, im looking to put a post genie on my pro, im in the UK so ordering a single post from pinball life seems daft. Could anyone advise me on the size of the post they use, im seeing 1-1/16", 1-3/16" and 1" on the shop i plan on ordering from.
EDIT: figured it out

What one did you go with?

#15035 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

This game went from my biggest "rage quitter" to regularly getting 150M minimum scores. How I did it...?
1. Bring the posts as far in as possible. As already discussed, game is a drain monster, especially the right outlane.
2. Get the cliffy carbon fiber ramp entrances. Don't care what anyone says, the ball gets up the inverted ramps a LOT more than with any configuration/types of screws.
3. Remove the tilt bob. Look, I'm not going to ANY major pinball tourneys anytime soon. Who gives a rat ass about the tilt bob. Make the game fun for YOU. If all you get is drains left ad right, the most fun theme in the world won't matter.
4. Nudging. Man, when that ball doesn't make the inverted tower ramp or the left loop around the T-Rex ramp, you better know the physics of the ball and its anticipated trajectory cause it IS headed near that outlane OR off the top right flipper and dangerously close to STDM. Nudging is so key on this game. I think Keith intentionally designs his games to where if you know how to nudge, it seriously keep a game alive.
I used to get SO angry after a bad game. Three balls not lasting more than 25M in some cases. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. Brick. But once I completed the steps above AND got used to hitting both ramps with decent consistency, the game goes from a cage to a full on park. A...Jurassic Park if you will!

This...so much this. And ill be honest...this damn game was so brutal about the outlanes....that it forced me to learn to nudge....and even death save. Its my game...it was mean to me....so now ill treat it my way.

#15036 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What one did you go with?

These are the two I got.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

One thing is make sure you get 2" screws. I ordered 1.5" screws and they were too small. Thankfully Home Depot had the 6x32 2" screws so I just ran out to get a pack there and they worked perfect.

I can post the "kit" I made if interested. It includes washers and nuts too.

#15037 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

These are the two I got.
https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html
One thing is make sure you get 2" screws. I ordered 1.5" screws and they were too small. Thankfully Home Depot had the 6x32 2" screws so I just ran out to get a pack there and they worked perfect.
I can post the "kit" I made if interested. It includes washers and nuts too.

Thanks please post it up.

#15038 1 year ago

I mean I'm not saying it's BECAUSE of the posts because I still lost some balls to some random ass outlane drains, but I have never broken a billion nor have I ever gotten to the visitor center...

IMG_8546 (resized).JPGIMG_8546 (resized).JPGIMG_8547 (resized).JPGIMG_8547 (resized).JPGIMG_8548 (resized).JPGIMG_8548 (resized).JPG
#15039 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks please post it up.

Normal posts - https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-narrow-plastic-post-1-116-tall.html

Silicone washer for it - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0070-00-70

Star post - https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html

Silicone washer for it - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-700-0069-00-70

Then to be fair, I ordered some of the stuff from titan cause I wanted matching rubbers too.

Metal washers - https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=06WSAE

Nut - https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=06NLN

Rubbers were Titan Competition Silicone Rings - Ring Size: 5/16 Inch ID for star post, and Ring Size: 3/16 Inch ID for normal post.

Then I ordered the wrong screw size but you want a 2" 6-32 panhead screw to mount the posts. You can go longer but a 1.5" isn't long enough. That is what I ordered and had to run to HD to get some 2" ones cause those weren't long enough.

#15040 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I mean I'm not saying it's BECAUSE of the posts because I still lost some balls to some random ass outlane drains, but I have never broken a billion nor have I ever gotten to the visitor center...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like you had more FUN! Thats what it is all about... I just did the same for the right outlane (need more parts for the left outlane) and I just got an extra 200K (points) more than I usually get. For home use, this mod turns a hard game into a more enjoyable game (more fun). Thanks for posting.

#15041 1 year ago
Quoted from Carl71:

looks awesome. how many did you snap lol

Only one of the really stiff type. Most of them were super flexible and I could freely bend them and drill into them

#15042 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Sounds like you had more FUN! Thats what it is all about... I just did the same for the right outlane (need more parts for the left outlane) and I just got an extra 200K (points) more than I usually get. For home use, this mod turns a hard game into a more enjoyable game (more fun). Thanks for posting.

Yep it was by far the most fun game I've ever played, getting somewhere I haven't gotten before.

I played some games afterwards and didn't even come close to the visitor center either, so it's still not super easy mode or anything.

#15043 1 year ago

To those of you looking to make the game easier, I recommend titan low bounce flipper rubbers. They damping the ball action around the flipper area significantly. The catch is, it almost eliminates post transfers.

#15044 1 year ago

After 2 years of owning this game i finally made it to the visitor center. My god its been a long time coming. Got 970mil. Of course i couldnt break a billion. But still a great game. Man taking the left path definitely seems to make
It easier.

#15045 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

After 2 years of owning this game i finally made it to the visitor center. My god its been a long time coming. Got 970mil. Of course i couldnt break a billion. But still a great game. Man taking the left path definitely seems to make
It easier.

Why is the left easier? Are the paddocks easier, or is it just making the spinner shot more accessible (which is also a rescue shot)? Just curious.

#15046 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Why is the left easier? Are the paddocks easier, or is it just making the spinner shot more accessible (which is also a rescue shot)? Just curious.

Really it’s just because the dinos on that side are a little easier. And there are two raptors on the final paddock on the right - only one dino on the left.

#15047 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Really it’s just because the dinos on that side are a little easier. And there are two raptors on the final paddock on the right - only one dino on the left.

Final pen on the right are Raptors. “They hunt in pairs!” Gotta get them both.

#15048 1 year ago

Helipad Twirling Helicopter Blade Mod?

Is any creative/industrious collector making this mod, DIY-style?
Is any established mod maker making this mod?
Just hoping to duplicate the twirling mech from the Premium on a PRO.
Thanks in advance.

#15049 1 year ago

Please recommend a color for plastics protectors.
I’m considering either fluorescent yellow or orange.
Thanks.

#15050 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Helipad Twirling Helicopter Blade Mod?
Is any creative/industrious collector making this mod, DIY-style?
Is any established mod maker making this mod?
Just hoping to duplicate the twirling mech from the Premium on a PRO.
Thanks in advance.

Yes there's been plenty that have done this either DIY or purchasable - you should be able to find them by searching this thread

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please recommend a color for plastics protectors.
I’m considering either fluorescent yellow or orange.
Thanks.

Not sure I've seen yellow. Most people have gone orange (a few have tried green) but orange definitely looks good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/301?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.