(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 424.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

Just the one you played, maybe they opened up the lane? I've found it pretty fair with long ball times, but we did hear complaining the the LEFT outlane was a total drain monster before

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Finally got a chance to play a pro version yesterday. Very fun game except for one thing. Is the right outlane a ball sucker or maybe the one I played? Do owners feel the same way that its seems a bit unbalanced and thats how it is? I mean it was laughable.

Agree with Thelaw. If anything, the left side is a bit greedy.

#1403 4 years ago

Ok, thats very surprising to hear. Hardly anything went to the left? Thanks

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I'm thinking about looking for a similar post with a threaded base long enough it can go all the way though the playfield nut and then can have a jam nut threaded onto it from below.

Someone earlier posted about doing this. Problem is that the flipper plate sits over where the nut would go. He ground the flipper plate back a bit to accommodate the nut. Someone else said they rotated the whole plate over so the nut was clear of the plate. Either way, I’m assuming the combination of the nut and the locktite will hold that rock solid.

Personally I’m hoping/assuming Stern will address this in production before the LE/Premium’s are manufactured- they must be aware it’s a problem area. sk8ball ????

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Keith responded to me about it on Tilt, but he was wearing his Stern employee hat. The response was green or orange should be fine.
I have gotten an orange one but haven't swapped it out yet

In fairness, that was literally his response... green or orange should be fine. His answer didn't really ring of corporate-speak to me. I could have been misreading though

#1407 4 years ago

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted Jurassic Park code v0.88.0 for the Pro model.

HOTDAMN... All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball!!!

This code contains bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.

Pro - v0.88.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Jurassic+Park

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/jurassic_park-0_88_0-README_PRO.txt

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/jurassic_park_pro-0_88_0.spk.zip

This update and read me files can also be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.

V0.88.0 - September 11, 2019
============================
- Bonus - timing for each category during the bonus countup is now at a fixed cadence
- Score Frame - adding 'Player X You're Up' text before ball is plunged
- Score Frame - updated score frame icons to new graphic style
- Raptor Tower - added sound effect when you combo a loop into the raptor tower
- Supply Drop / Super Supply Drop - display text now explains playfield X awards that are being given
- Super Supply Drop - now lights 2x playfield insert the same as the normal supply drop
- Raptor Locks - fixed an issue where raptor 'x gate hits left' video wouldn't end causing up post to stay up occasionally
- T-Rex Event Ready - light show with ramp flasher and left halfpipe spotlight is a quicker pulse
- All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball
- Feed T-Rex Hurry Up - floor of the award is set to 500K, min value is 20% of initial value
- Feed T-Rex Hurry Up - should not take time / value away when the ball is being returned to the player on the wireform (only happens when 'T-REX - SPELLOUT STARTS HURRYUP' set to NO)
- T-Rex Encounter - mode awards shows more details about multiplied values and where to shoot next
- T-Rex Rampage - changed base T-Rex award from 2M to 10M
- T-Rex Rampage - changed T-Rex award boost from 1M to 5M
- T-Rex Rampage - add scoring to 2X/3X shots of 500K
- System Boot - fixed an issue where the left loop wasn't lighting up to indicate a combo shot correctly
- King of the Island - allow start if the left ramp skill shot is no longer eligible, previously was not allowing until all skill shots were inactive
- King of the Island - T-Rex Event Ready no longer takes priority over King of the Island lit at the Left Ramp
- King of the Island - added current jackpot value and instructional text to display effect background
- King of the Island - fixing an issue where the jackpot value would be incremented too much for spinner, pop, and sling hits
- Super Spinner - fixed an issue with popup showing 'SUPER SPINNER 3X' when award is actually 'SUPER SPINNER 2X'
- Super Combos - fixed an issue where multiplier wasn't being applied properly
- Paddock Map - 'interactive CD-ROM' paddock intro can now be skipped by pressing both flippers
- Paddock Map - adding 'Set Trap' scoring (250K x number of paddocks), was always zero before
- Paddock Map - adding text to 'Helicopter Dispatched' award, scoring increased from 200K to (500K x number of paddocks)
- Paddock Map - added speech and lamp effect when dino insert lands on a shot with a rescue insert lit indicating staff member is in danger
- Paddock Map - fixed an issue with spinner perk text showing '+1X SUPER SPINNER' when award is actually '+2X SUPER SPINNER'
- Paddock Map - 'Dino Slowed' display effect instructional and scoring text added
- Extra Ball - changed extra ball consolation score from 10M to 15M and value is displayed on screen
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the action button would light up when any balls were kicked into the shooter lane
- Speech - added and replaced some callouts
- Diagnostics - fixed an issue where the shooter lane switch / auto launch would make sounds while in switch test
- Audits - fixed 'ESCAPE SAVES' which was reporting 0
- Audits - fixed '2X PLAYFIELD LIT' which was reporting 0
- Audits - fixed '2X PLAYFIELD STARTED' which was reporting 0

- Adjustment Changes:
- added adjustment 'START GAME FROM LOCKDOWN BUTTON', defaults to YES, competition defaults to NO, turn to NO to turn off starting games from lockdown button
- added adjustment 'T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED', defaults to YES, turn to NO to prevent T-Rex from throwing balls, will always drop to the wireform
- added adjustment 'FIRST PADDOCK TUTORIAL' - defaults to NO, set to YES to show tutorial video for first paddock, otherwise it shows "interactive CD-ROM" paddock intro
- added adjustment 'ESCAPE DIFFICULTY' - defaults to MEDIUM, competition defaults to HARD. EASY - Escape is active beginning of each ball, MEDIUM - Escape is active at beginning of first ball, HARD - Escape is only active by hitting the lit standup target

- System - Updated to V2.34
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.51.0

- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

#1408 4 years ago

I f%*king love this game. So many different strategic pathways, great shots, goals to achieve, world under glass, animations, ruleset. That’s all I had to say.

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

In fairness, that was literally his response... green or orange should be fine. His answer didn't really ring of corporate-speak to me. I could have been misreading though

My comment was mostly in jest. As it seems most of the games are coming with green but the manual says orange, I'm sure this place would have lost their shit if he came out and said orange.

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball

Thank you pinball gods!

#1411 4 years ago

Did a factory tour today, LEs are on the line with some complete. Played the new code this afternoon. Fun game

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

NEW CODE! Stern Pinball has posted Jurassic Park code v0.88.0 for the Pro model.
HOTDAMN... All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball!!!
This code contains bug fixes, enhancements and additional polish.
Pro - v0.88.0:
https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Jurassic+Park
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/jurassic_park-0_88_0-README_PRO.txt
https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/jurassic_park_pro-0_88_0.spk.zip
This update and read me files can also be found on our website www.sternpinball.com in the game code library.
V0.88.0 - September 11, 2019
============================
- Bonus - timing for each category during the bonus countup is now at a fixed cadence
- Score Frame - adding 'Player X You're Up' text before ball is plunged
- Score Frame - updated score frame icons to new graphic style
- Raptor Tower - added sound effect when you combo a loop into the raptor tower
- Supply Drop / Super Supply Drop - display text now explains playfield X awards that are being given
- Super Supply Drop - now lights 2x playfield insert the same as the normal supply drop
- Raptor Locks - fixed an issue where raptor 'x gate hits left' video wouldn't end causing up post to stay up occasionally
- T-Rex Event Ready - light show with ramp flasher and left halfpipe spotlight is a quicker pulse
- All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball
- Feed T-Rex Hurry Up - floor of the award is set to 500K, min value is 20% of initial value
- Feed T-Rex Hurry Up - should not take time / value away when the ball is being returned to the player on the wireform (only happens when 'T-REX - SPELLOUT STARTS HURRYUP' set to NO)
- T-Rex Encounter - mode awards shows more details about multiplied values and where to shoot next
- T-Rex Rampage - changed base T-Rex award from 2M to 10M
- T-Rex Rampage - changed T-Rex award boost from 1M to 5M
- T-Rex Rampage - add scoring to 2X/3X shots of 500K
- System Boot - fixed an issue where the left loop wasn't lighting up to indicate a combo shot correctly
- King of the Island - allow start if the left ramp skill shot is no longer eligible, previously was not allowing until all skill shots were inactive
- King of the Island - T-Rex Event Ready no longer takes priority over King of the Island lit at the Left Ramp
- King of the Island - added current jackpot value and instructional text to display effect background
- King of the Island - fixing an issue where the jackpot value would be incremented too much for spinner, pop, and sling hits
- Super Spinner - fixed an issue with popup showing 'SUPER SPINNER 3X' when award is actually 'SUPER SPINNER 2X'
- Super Combos - fixed an issue where multiplier wasn't being applied properly
- Paddock Map - 'interactive CD-ROM' paddock intro can now be skipped by pressing both flippers
- Paddock Map - adding 'Set Trap' scoring (250K x number of paddocks), was always zero before
- Paddock Map - adding text to 'Helicopter Dispatched' award, scoring increased from 200K to (500K x number of paddocks)
- Paddock Map - added speech and lamp effect when dino insert lands on a shot with a rescue insert lit indicating staff member is in danger
- Paddock Map - fixed an issue with spinner perk text showing '+1X SUPER SPINNER' when award is actually '+2X SUPER SPINNER'
- Paddock Map - 'Dino Slowed' display effect instructional and scoring text added
- Extra Ball - changed extra ball consolation score from 10M to 15M and value is displayed on screen
- Action Button - fixed an issue where the action button would light up when any balls were kicked into the shooter lane
- Speech - added and replaced some callouts
- Diagnostics - fixed an issue where the shooter lane switch / auto launch would make sounds while in switch test
- Audits - fixed 'ESCAPE SAVES' which was reporting 0
- Audits - fixed '2X PLAYFIELD LIT' which was reporting 0
- Audits - fixed '2X PLAYFIELD STARTED' which was reporting 0
- Adjustment Changes:
- added adjustment 'START GAME FROM LOCKDOWN BUTTON', defaults to YES, competition defaults to NO, turn to NO to turn off starting games from lockdown button
- added adjustment 'T-REX THROW BALL ENABLED', defaults to YES, turn to NO to prevent T-Rex from throwing balls, will always drop to the wireform
- added adjustment 'FIRST PADDOCK TUTORIAL' - defaults to NO, set to YES to show tutorial video for first paddock, otherwise it shows "interactive CD-ROM" paddock intro
- added adjustment 'ESCAPE DIFFICULTY' - defaults to MEDIUM, competition defaults to HARD. EASY - Escape is active beginning of each ball, MEDIUM - Escape is active at beginning of first ball, HARD - Escape is only active by hitting the lit standup target
- System - Updated to V2.34
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.51.0
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

What great timing! I'm starting up Jurassic Park Pinball stream right now! - https://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

#1413 4 years ago

Hey are there many people out there who had the raptor gate snap? I brought it up with stern today and they said nothing is being revised with the design of the gate at this time.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Hey are there many people out there who had the raptor gate snap?I know of 3 without looking too deep into it

#1415 4 years ago

.88 installed

Nice - the lock down button can now be turned off to disable starting games that way. Big bellies or big boobs will no longer start games accidentally with the setting set to No.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It hit over $1000 on location so far at 75 cents a play. My current top earner on location.

Pretty sure I’m right around $100

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Pretty sure I’m right around $100

JDoz-Pretty sure most of that came from me

#1418 4 years ago

Flying in to Jurassic Park today

2364370A-5EEC-40CE-B071-2F1AC66AE832 (resized).jpeg2364370A-5EEC-40CE-B071-2F1AC66AE832 (resized).jpeg8E65CD1F-452A-4C8B-ADEB-6C32E56446CE (resized).jpeg8E65CD1F-452A-4C8B-ADEB-6C32E56446CE (resized).jpegC38479AF-5180-4978-BFC8-7B1B0A975FCB (resized).jpegC38479AF-5180-4978-BFC8-7B1B0A975FCB (resized).jpeg
#1419 4 years ago

Excited to install the new code!

#1420 4 years ago

Is it just me or did chaos multiball get notched down to 3 to start? I swear with .87 it was a 6 ball multiball to start. Maybe i just had excessive pop action before?

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Flying in to Jurassic Park today[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful, is that kauai?

#1422 4 years ago

I did that chopper ride back in 96! Went over the Kauai Grand Canyon! And then up to the wettest point (highest rainfall) on earth where the mountains disappeared into the clouds. We hovered there for a while. It was the most awesome and beautiful thing I have ever seen! ..

#1423 4 years ago

Archive of last night’s stream on the new code -

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Is it just me or did chaos multiball get notched down to 3 to start? I swear with .87 it was a 6 ball multiball to start. Maybe i just had excessive pop action before?

i believe its always been 3 with add-a-ball on the supply drop and pop bumper hits. pretty easy to get it up to 6 quickly.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Archive of last night’s stream on the new code -

Great job on the stream.

#1426 4 years ago

When LEs start arriving I'll be curious to see if they did anything to lock down the upper flipper post.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

When LEs start arriving I'll be curious to see if they did anything to lock down the upper flipper post.

I sure hope so pinside is great feedback for items like this and I hope Stern is listening.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mine hasn't broken loose, but I'm watching it since it's been a trouble spot for some. My plan is just loctite if it does.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Beautiful, is that kauai?

Yes! Kaua’i

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I did that chopper ride back in 96! Went over the Kauai Grand Canyon! And then up to the wettest point (highest rainfall) on earth where the mountains disappeared into the clouds. We hovered there for a while. It was the most awesome and beautiful thing I have ever seen! ..

We went on same path... it was Awesome

#1431 4 years ago

>>>All Modes - allow both flipper skip of all mode intros that hold the ball

This was EASILY the best thing about this latest update! Was able to "skip through" a bunch of video intros (including every paddock explanation) which made the game much faster to play. I also got my best score (519M) but not sure if that's related.

Also, it FEELS LIKE they got rid of some of the most annoying "Nedry" call-outs, but not sure about that. Maybe I was just skippin' through them...lol

#1432 4 years ago

I’m totally in love with this pin. The more I play, the better it flows. The update is great, fixes the few annoying callouts and has a much faster bonus countdown. The risk-reward aspect is fantastic. I always go for a few ramps before starting T-Rex MB. There are a lot of games where I leave Chaos and/or Raptor MB on the table, but it’s worth it when I have that 1 game where it all comes together.

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We went on same path... it was Awesome

There be raptors here!

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m totally in love with this pin.

Yep. For me its better than Maiden and I love Maiden.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep. For me its better than Maiden and I love Maiden.

That’s so funny, before I even saw this post I was going to ask you this. I’m still thinking of pushing out my JM to make room for IMDN.

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m still thinking of pushing out my JM to make room for IMDN.

I'm a big fan of JM but make room for Maiden. Unless u haven't reached power down and if not then I guess you better get to work.

#1437 4 years ago

Jurassic 97 is Better !

Sega rules...

Lol
JK this pinball is absolutely addicting.

Love It!

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Jurassic 97 is Better !
Sega rules...
Lol
JK this pinball is absolutely addicting.
Love It!

Agreed! Very addictive game. Your mention of the data east JP made me think of some of the folks who have rated the stern JP at like 5.5. I realize enjoyment is a subjective thing, but 5.5....... come on guys.... stop hating just to hate. The Stern JP is a great game, regardless of how fond one may be of the data east version.

#1439 4 years ago

The Data East JP game is TERRIBLE. I’ve tried multiple times to get into it and just can’t do it.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

..and keep the coil stops from imploding immediately.

#1441 4 years ago

Tilt Pinball Bar in Minneapolis was supposed to get a JP LE for today's launch party.

They got a 2nd pro. Playfield looks nice so far, washers under the posts. First pro they have does have some pooling, but this second one is looking good as of now.

Seems like LEs may actually be getting delayed a bit?! Possibly a good thing if so.

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.03.33 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-13 at 3.03.33 PM (resized).png
#1442 4 years ago

I was told my LE was going to be shipped next Monday. Anyone hear any good news about their LE’s shipping next week as well?

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I was told my LE was going to be shipped next Monday. Anyone hear any good news about their LE’s shipping next week as well?

I was also told next week. Can’t wait!!

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I was also told next week. Can’t wait!!

Are they making the production run of LE's before the Premium, sorry noob to the hobby not sure of Stern's production order...

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are they making the production run of LE's before the Premium, sorry noob to the hobby not sure of Stern's production order...

Yes, I believe its pros first, then LE, then lastly Premiums.

#1446 4 years ago

Thanks Scribbles

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The Data East JP game is TERRIBLE. I’ve tried multiple times to get into it and just can’t do it.

Agreed, I bought a restored one earlier this year and it didn't last two weeks. I was very disappointed, the kids loved the T-Rex though. I can't wait for my Premium to get here.

#1448 4 years ago

Well, I just replaced my coil stops after 100 games. Stern really needs to go back to their old stops. I had new stops ready to put in, so I didn't think it would take long. However, Stern is using galvanized screws now. So one of the screws stripped when I tried to put it back together. The fix took 3X's as long as it should have. I'm worried that the screws are going to seize to other metals & brackets in the future.
I'm a Stern fan, I'm bring this up for future preparation of education. I wonder if the Prem and Le's have upgraded screws and stops.

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I wonder if the Prem and Le's have upgraded screws and stops.

I wouldn’t think so. They are all the same as far as i know.

#1450 4 years ago

Does anyone elses speaker on the bottom sound blown? Mine sounds crackly like a blown speaker sometimes during some sounds. But its not constant. Wondering if its a speaker issue or just a really bad sound clip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/29?hl=phoenixpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.