(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 427.
#14801 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Any reason to update to new code if you dont have IC?

The release notes are pretty good at showing new features version by version, which have been few and far between for the last two years. I would say that the July2020 Version 1.02 was the last real feature release of significance. (The rest are tiny updates to fix coin chutes and add IC features)

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Jurassic_Park-1_06_0-README_PRO.txt

#14802 1 year ago
Quoted from Haus7878:

So I just got my new off the line Pro model and I’m having an issue with the map lights, the right side upper lights and the left mid lights (raptor pit area). They are all really low and dim when lit. I’ll do the lamp test and they are brighter but still not lit regularly like the upper left and out lanes. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lift the playfield and make sure the lights are under the inserts. A lot of times they shift in shipping.

#14803 1 year ago

I bought extra art blades by mistake, If anybody wants them it's 75 shipped in the US.

image1-1 (resized).jpegimage1-1 (resized).jpeg
#14804 1 year ago

Hello guys,

Tomorrow is the big day! I am going to pickup up my brand new JP Premium. Really excited to join the club!!
What are you MUST have mods for this game?
I am already planning to add a shaker, a subwoofer, the mosquito plunger, and also give a try to the custom rom in the next weeks.
Also I will add a mylar at the shooter lane and reduce the Through coil at the minimum playable before starting game #1.
Will try to read the most of pages I can, but if there are any advise or things to adjust/protect before playing, do not hesitate to let me know please.

Thanks

#14805 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello guys,
Tomorrow is the big day! I am going to pickup up my brand new JP Premium. Really excited to join the club!!
I am already planning to add a shaker, a subwoofer, the mosquito plunger, and also give a try to the custom rom in the next weeks.
Also I will add a mylar at the shooter lane and reduce the Through coil at the minimum playable before starting game #1.
Will try to read the most of pages I can, but if there are any advise or things to adjust/protect before playing, do not hesitate to let me know please.
Thanks

Congrats!

That list of things to do looks good, probably the only thing I'd add would be to check the ball doesn't catch the screw heads used on the Tower and Heli ramp flaps

#14806 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello guys,
Thanks

Couple playfield spots to think about protecting

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/66#post-5328991

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/160#post-6458941

#14807 1 year ago

I did your suggestions when you posted it thanks it saved my game i just wanted to chime in because if he ordered new this shouldn't be necessary I just played a brand new JP and DP on location and the art was completely pulled away now from all those guides, like the entire length now not just around the posts. Gona save the new owners alot of time i think I installed over 20 fiber and nylon washers on each of those games!

#14808 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I did your suggestions when you posted it thanks it saved my game i just wanted to chime in because if he ordered new this shouldn't be necessary I just played a brand new JP and DP on location and the art was completely pulled away now from all those guides, like the entire length now not just around the posts. Gona save the new owners alot of time i think I installed over 20 fiber and nylon washers on each of those games!

Pulling the art back from the posts helps prevent the clear coat from pooling around posts which can lead to chipping. This is a different issue.

The ends of the ball guides resting directly on the clear coat can start to dig into and scrape the clear coat like a knife edge whenever they’re hit by the ball. Lifting the ends of the guides off the clear coat prevents that scraping.

#14809 1 year ago

I have some chipping around my upper flipper post, art removed. Ive been wondering whether I can just put a bit of Mylar over it or if I should attempt to repair the clear first, which I have no experience of doing.

#14810 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Pulling the art back from the posts helps prevent the clear coat from pooling around posts which can lead to chipping. This is a different issue.
The ends of the ball guides resting directly on the clear coat can start to dig into and scrape the clear coat like a knife edge whenever they’re hit by the ball. Lifting the ends of the guides off the clear coat prevents that scraping.

Correct definitely still a chance for damage but I'll tell ya looking at those games I'm not sure there was enough or any clear for that matter to cause a problem we gota get back to the drawing board here but that's another discussion. The games that were a year old all had raised and or ghosted inserts doesn't bode well..

#14811 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Correct definitely still a chance for damage but I'll tell ya looking at those games I'm not sure there was enough or any clear for that matter to cause a problem we gota get back to the drawing board here but that's another discussion. The games that were a year old all had raised and or ghosted inserts doesn't bode well..

There was still chance for damage. Doesn't matter how thick the clear is, if the end of the guide is resting on it then it can scrape whatever amount is there.
The good news is that it seems like Stern has been making a good effort at trying to reduce this. Both AIQ and GZ have most of the ball guide ends lifted off the playfield.

#14812 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I have some chipping around my upper flipper post, art removed. Ive been wondering whether I can just put a bit of Mylar over it or if I should attempt to repair the clear first, which I have no experience of doing.

Most likely that's due to the post coming a bit loose. When that happens ball strikes on the post push the post against the edge of the hole the post is in and can chip it. If you're just looking to repair the clear, I had a small chip on my POTC and used a bit of Minwax Polycrylic (clear gloss) on it. Worked great. Just used a small amount to fill in the crack. Then polished it using Novus. If you get a little too much on there then you could use super fine grit sandpaper just on that spot to smooth it out just a bit if necessary and then polish with the Novus.

I believe clear topcoat used for fingernail polish can also be used the same as the Minwax. When I did mine I tested both on a bare piece of wood and thought the Minwax was a bit clearer so I used that instead.

#14813 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There was still chance for damage. Doesn't matter how thick the clear is, if the end of the guide is resting on it then it can scrape whatever amount is there.
The good news is that it seems like Stern has been making a good effort at trying to reduce this. Both AIQ and GZ have most of the ball guide ends lifted off the playfield.

Yeah these weren't even on the playfield like ours were and with removed art it's literally the least of my worries when looking at these playfields. I'm not scared enough to cancel my Godzilla but I never thought I would be contemplating a fricken playfield protector on a brand new game but I'm telling ya it was a bad scene. I would probably still do your method by sliding the fiber washer if one is close but not what I did removing everything to put nylon washers down on my DP before I seen your post that wasn't fun.

#14814 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Also, there's a lot of good information and advice on playfield repair in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-547648

#14815 1 year ago

I'm going to be doing another run of flipper toppers that I did a while ago. They won't be made until the weekend of September 3rd so I can get as much interest as possible and knock it all out in one go since they're very time-consuming for me to make, especially ala carte.

Please send me a DM if you want to order a pair - ever since the shop swapped to Stripe, I haven't been able to get it to work.

$45 F&F - $47 G&S shipped within the U.S.
$50 F&F - $52 G&S international

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#14816 1 year ago

Hey!

Long time reader of pinside, first time poster.

I'm a proud new owner of a JP Premium pinball.

Everything looks good except one target and I would like your opinion.
The target near the left orbit appear off-center and could cause issues.

It's normal?
If not, how can I center it?

20220812_121304 (resized).jpg20220812_121304 (resized).jpg
#14817 1 year ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

Hey!
It's normal?
[quoted image]

Mine looks similar. It's annoying and I suspect the edge of the ball guide will eat pinballs over time. I loosened the screws that hold the switch to the bottom of the playfield and was able to adjust it a little bit, but not to my satisfaction. It's on my list of back burner projects to remove and recenter but I'm worried about having enough wood or blowing out the existing holes. Maybe someone else has the solution.

#14818 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Mine looks similar. It's annoying and I suspect the edge of the ball guide will eat pinballs over time. I loosened the screws that hold the switch to the bottom of the playfield and was able to adjust it a little bit, but not to my satisfaction. It's on my list of back burner projects to remove and recenter but I'm worried about having enough wood or blowing out the existing holes. Maybe someone else has the solution.

Quoted from ExportZ:

Hey!
It's normal?
[quoted image]

It's sometimes normal for stand up targets to become off center like that. I know there is a bracket you can buy and install for normal size stand ups that corrects the tilt. Not sure about the skinny Stern style standups though.

#14819 1 year ago

These

Screenshot_20220812-155452_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220812-155452_Brave (resized).jpg
#14820 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats!
That list of things to do looks good, probably the only thing I'd add would be to check the ball doesn't catch the screw heads used on the Tower and Heli ramp flaps

Is that what causes rejects sometimes? Are there replacement screws?

#14821 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not everyone’s game is affected, there’s not a lot of tolerance in the clearance -so you need to check if this is potentially causing your ejects. Some people have found suitable replacement screws, others have simply ground part of the head down, others have removed the screw (leaving the other one holding the flap down), while others have removed the flap entirely replacing it with Cliffy’s adhesive carbon fibre version. You’ll find posts about each of these if you want more info by searching the thread (I’m on my phone atm so bit harder for me to find the various posts)

#14822 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The simplest resolution mentioned elsewhere (without buying anything and keeping the flap fastened down) is as follows:
1.Mark the existing screw head with a sharpie pen, a dot where it faces in and towards the ball and contacts with it.
2. Carefully remove the screw and with a file or grinder, shave the screw head down, on the dot.
3. Carefully replace the screw into the existing screw threads, slowly and when it’s nearly tight, carefully align the shave down area inward to the ball contact area. Stop tightening.

#14823 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats!

Hello, thanks for your suggestion. I've checked yesterday both entries and indeed, on the tower shot, the left screw head is a little on the way. Means that if the ball follow the left guide, then it will slightly roll over the left head screw.
I tried to adjust the left guide but no success. I don't see any possible solutions except removing the screw or ignore this and play like that.
Any additional info will be appreciated if there is a solution. Thanks

Update : I've just seen the previous messages that gives more details on this, so I have my answers thanks

#14824 1 year ago

Looking at the stern production thread. Don’t see JP premiums. Being run anytime soon?

#14825 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Don’t see JP premiums. Being run anytime soon?

They ran them recently.

#14826 1 year ago

Hello, I've opened my NIB box yesterday, everything is now adjusted and plays great.
I am just a little confused about the playfield colorimetry. It looks really faded if I compared to my Avengers AIQ and Mando games, and also if I compare with all JP playfield pictures I can find from Stern or Pinside community. My game is from July 14, 2022.

Also my friend did a quick montage comparing Community pic vs Stern pic vs mine.

What do you think?
Any other feedback from new owners (same batch)?
IMG-20220814-WA0006 (resized).jpegIMG-20220814-WA0006 (resized).jpegIMG-20220814-WA0008 (resized).jpgIMG-20220814-WA0008 (resized).jpg

#14827 1 year ago

ChrisLIX I'm not a new owner, my game was made Oct 2019 and the playfield looks more like the photo in the middle. The image on the right looks like that playfield is lighter in color than the other two for certain. Hope this helps.

#14828 1 year ago

The lighting in the pic also doesn't help. You can see the rubbers on the flippers also look faded in the right picture compared to the others.

#14829 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

The lighting in the pic also doesn't help. You can see the rubbers on the flippers also look faded in the right picture compared to the others.

Rubber are like this in real too, looks old school lol

#14830 1 year ago

As purbeast pointed out lighting can make a difference, it almost looks like the camera flash was on? It may have washed out the image some perhaps?

#14831 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

As purbeast pointed out lighting can make a difference, it almost looks like the camera flash was on? It may have washed out the image some perhaps?

No flash, it s the ceiling light that we see. I'll redo a pic of Mando, Aiq and JP side by side to give a best idea.

#14832 1 year ago

Is your glass on in the pics too? That can reflect the lighting quite a bit too.

And about the rubbers, those aren't stock so they have to be some aftermarket brand, and those happening to be washed out as well seems a bit odd lol.

EDIT:

Unless you have pink rubbers on the flippers cause they almost look pink. I was assuming they were orange.

#14833 1 year ago

Captive ball post snapped in half on location....

#14835 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Is your glass on in the pics too? That can reflect the lighting quite a bit too.
And about the rubbers, those aren't stock so they have to be some aftermarket brand, and those happening to be washed out as well seems a bit odd lol.
EDIT:
Unless you have pink rubbers on the flippers cause they almost look pink. I was assuming they were orange.

My recent NIB JP prem’s “red” flipper rubber also looked like that washed out pink. I replaced them immediately with red Titans

Edit: Does anyone have picks of JP with orange Titan silicone flipper rubbers? The red is a bit too dark and IMO clashes with the playfield.

Edit 2: Never mind, I should've literally scrolled up a couple posts.

#14836 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello, I've opened my NIB box yesterday, everything is now adjusted and plays great.
I am just a little confused about the playfield colorimetry. It looks really faded if I compared to my Avengers AIQ and Mando games, and also if I compare with all JP playfield pictures I can find from Stern or Pinside community. My game is from July 14, 2022.
Also my friend did a quick montage comparing Community pic vs Stern pic vs mine.
What do you think?
Any other feedback from new owners (same batch)?
[quoted image][quoted image]

As others mentioned, you need a picture with even lighting over the entire playfield with the glass off to know if it's a washed out playfield or overexposure. And try to get more of the plastics in the shot since we'll know how saturated the playfield should look compared to them.

I can say that my recently run premium does not have a washed out playfield, but interestingly the green at the southern end of the island (near the flippers) looks intentionally lighter than the green at the northern end, i.e. it has more contrasting light/dark green color than the left and center images you're referencing. Overall, my JP playfield color looks just as dark/saturated as my Mando, give or take the different art styles.

#14837 1 year ago

I updated our pro at work with the new code (1.06?) and it has had multiple software crashes in a couple weeks since. It has like 15,000 plays and never crashed before the new code.

Is this a known issue? Do I wait for an update? Can I go back to old code? Did I screw up the install somehow?

Any help would be much appreciated!

#14838 1 year ago
Quoted from wkh952:

I updated our pro at work with the new code (1.06?) and it has had multiple software crashes in a couple weeks since. It has like 15,000 plays and never crashed before the new code.
Is this a known issue? Do I wait for an update? Can I go back to old code? Did I screw up the install somehow?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Don’t think this is a widespread issue. Think the standard suggestion here would be to either flash a new sd card as it’s easy and cheap to try or just try the code update again on existing sd. If doing through a usb select the verified code update

#14839 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My recent NIB JP prem’s “red” flipper rubber also looked like that washed out pink. I replaced them immediately with red Titans
Edit: Does anyone have picks of JP with orange Titan silicone flipper rubbers? The red is a bit too dark and IMO clashes with the playfield.
Edit 2: Never mind, I should've literally scrolled up a couple posts.

Here's some Titan competition silicone

Screenshot_20220816-161347_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220816-161347_Photos (resized).jpg
#14841 1 year ago

FYI - the mission chopper is available on eBay for a decent price (looks like there are multiples). It's not my listing - I just wanted to post the info as I don't see them come up often.

ebay.com link: itm

#14842 1 year ago

Spotted this today

85A07CB3-3987-41EB-984E-8129E6820D81 (resized).jpeg85A07CB3-3987-41EB-984E-8129E6820D81 (resized).jpeg
#14843 1 year ago

I don’t suppose this would be suitable for waxing purposes on the playfield?

6F5CD744-D62A-44D7-AF2A-6CF243BF4B9A (resized).jpeg6F5CD744-D62A-44D7-AF2A-6CF243BF4B9A (resized).jpeg
#14844 1 year ago

I had a left figure if anyone is interested . Pm me.

E1C0ACE7-1770-4EFC-8A12-EEE89630E1E7 (resized).jpegE1C0ACE7-1770-4EFC-8A12-EEE89630E1E7 (resized).jpeg
#14845 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

I don’t suppose this would be suitable for waxing purposes on the playfield?
[quoted image]

I use maguires paste wax and highly recommend but can’t vouch for the “plus”. Does the plus mean silicone? If silicone is part of the plus then I’d pass.

#14846 1 year ago

Just want to say I opted to waste time watching Jurassic World Dominion last night and it is one of the worst movies I have ever watched in full. I nearly cut it off after like 45 minutes but was like "I have to see how bad this gets" and boy did it deliver. There were more dinosaurs in the first 10 minutes or so than the entire first 2 movies combined. There is nothing scary about dinosaurs anymore in this franchise. The best part of the movie by far was Jeff Goldblum's character poking fun at the JW franchise multiple times.

If you are a JP fan, and haven't seen this, don't waste your time. If you do, I warned you!

#14847 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just want to say I opted to waste time watching Jurassic World Dominion last night and it is one of the worst movies I have ever watched in full. I nearly cut it off after like 45 minutes but was like "I have to see how bad this gets" and boy did it deliver. There were more dinosaurs in the first 10 minutes or so than the entire first 2 movies combined. There is nothing scary about dinosaurs anymore in this franchise. The best part of the movie by far was Jeff Goldblum's character poking fun at the JW franchise multiple times.
If you are a JP fan, and haven't seen this, don't waste your time. If you do, I warned you!

i watched it last night and im going to have to agree. def. the worst out of them all.

#14848 1 year ago

Unless you watch them as what they are - dinosaur movies for tweens. Then they’re all pretty good. Nothing I would watch on my own as an adult, but a fun diversion in the company of a ten to twelve year old kid.

#14849 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Unless you watch them as what they are - dinosaur movies for tweens. Then they’re all pretty good. Nothing I would watch on my own as an adult, but a fun diversion in the company of a ten to twelve year old kid.

They aren't even really dinosaur movies anymore.

It's like what happened to Fast and Furious. They used to be about the cars but now it's about everyone being a special agent action stars which happen to be around fancy cars.

Same exact thing with Jurassic Park. It used to be about dinosaurs but now it's about special agent action stars who happen to be around dinosaurs.

#14850 1 year ago

Ive had 2 lockups/rests in the last day, where Ive never had any before. Ive had the game freeze upon hitting the left ramp skillshot when starting a game after another completes. The screen freezes, flippers still work for a second or so and then the game locks up and restarts. This occurred twice for me yesterday in about 30 games. Ive not had it happen before, running the latest code (released last week)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 21,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/297 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.