(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 424.
#14751 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Bottom line is you added non designed things to your game which makes it now not work right. Easy answer is remove the mods. However here is the answer you probably prefer:
You are having switch issues. Shooter lane switch is either not detecting the ball or stuck open/closed. Remove the protector. Waste of time and money. You don't see yourself wrapping your sofa, lamps, car, etc in plastic in order to prevent scuffs right? Just reduce the ball kick-out power to the minimum it needs to get the ball in the shooter lane reliably. Despite what some folks here believe, your game will not be worth thousands more because you put a shooter lane protector in(or leave the goody bag sealed and stapled inside). Doesn't change a damn thing for value.
Map white arrow shots. You have an over sensitive switch somewhere on one of the white shots. Once it registers this is what is terminating your skill shot.
Go into switch test and see what's happening. Pound the pf with your fist to induce vibration and see which switch registers.

Yeah I removed the lane protector and every single issue went away.

I guess that’s $30 down the drain. Pun unintentional. For the record I have PPF on the front of my SUV. Protects the front from chips and what not from interstate/highway debris. I like to think it will increase the sale value down the road by at least half of what I paid for the stuff ($1000). At the very least, protects the bumper and hood from chips and looking like shit.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Happy to find that it’s not the raptor pen mod cause it looks great. Waiting on my Stern mirror blades to show up but haven’t gotten a *shipped* update so could be a while.

810F0CAA-AAA4-47CB-AB07-B1A096C63D68 (resized).jpeg810F0CAA-AAA4-47CB-AB07-B1A096C63D68 (resized).jpeg
#14752 1 year ago

Never buy any pinball protectors not made by Cliffy.

#14753 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Yeah I removed the lane protector and every single issue went away.
I guess that’s $30 down the drain. Pun unintentional. For the record I have PPF on the front of my SUV. Protects the front from chips and what not from interstate/highway debris. I like to think it will increase the sale value down the road by at least half of what I paid for the stuff ($1000). At the very least, protects the bumper and hood from chips and looking like shit.
Thanks for the tips everyone. Happy to find that it’s not the raptor pen mod cause it looks great. Waiting on my Stern mirror blades to show up but haven’t gotten a *shipped* update so could be a while.
[quoted image]

The raptor pen is a massive upgrade. I also recommend the tilt set for a variety of quality upgrades. Since you’re already getting blades you can pick and choose, but the speaker covers, exterior hinge, flipper toppers, and coin doors are great ads. https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jurassic-park-stern-mod-bundle

Also the signage upgrades from Mezel:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-fossil-sign-covers
https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-helipad-sign

#14754 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Got a couple things delivered today from Mezel Mods. Raptor pen and shooter lane protector. Raptor pen looks great. Is the lane protector suppose to stick to the wood of the shooter lane? I took off the sheet of protective film and thought it would stick, but it is literally just laying on top of the shooter lane and effects the balls ability to make it up the heliramp, even on auto plunge.
After completing these two modifications I recognized a few things started happening right away.
(1) My auto plunge button stopped working. The lights light up. I can start up a game using the button, but I cannot get it to auto plunge for me anymore. Mechanically speaking, what makes this happen?
(2) When I can get the ball to go up the heliramp and down the right lane to start off a ball, once it touches the helicopter the red flashing lights on the t-Rex ramp turns off and my ability to collect skill shot points goes out the window. Never happened before putting my mods in.
(2a) I also noticed that the game will act like I lit up map and if I hit the t-Rex ramp from the start, it will start up the first paddock. This doesn’t always happen.
(3) When I get a ball save, the auto plunge is noticeably slower now. Could it be the shooter lane protector? That doesn’t make any sense to me, but I will check this out.
I hope I didn’t permanently fuck some things up when putting in the mods.
Any words of wisdom around here?
Thanks

I have the Mezel shooter lane protector on a few of my games. I believe the instructions say that the added protector will likely require you to readjust your shooter lane switch to account for the added thickness of the protector. I had to do that to about half of the games I installed it on.

#14755 1 year ago

Which jeep have you all be using to replace the existing Jeep? The Jada 1/43 scale Jeep or the 1/32 scale? The one with the #12 or #18? Thanks!

#14756 1 year ago

FYI, Stern is running a leaderboard contest for JP until Aug. 15. Any IC connected game is automatically included. Leaderboard at the attached link.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/events/fSAs-xcwsE-uZLHX

#14757 1 year ago
Quoted from FPagnotti:

I liked going with cointaker because they are local to me and will come and set up the machine and add small mods I want done. I just hope I’m not waiting until after Christmas.

Out of curiosity was there an additional charge for set up? My dealer wanted $500 to which I passed on.

#14758 1 year ago
Quoted from robinsonpr:

I think I have an issue on my JP pro. When the ball comes into the pop bumpers from the top is just rolls right past the left pop without activating it. Doesn't activate any pops, just rolls right out the exit.
I've seen some deadflip footage on YouTube and their left pop activated whenever the ball dribbled in from the top.
The pop itself works on coil test and when I toss the ball at it. Sounds like I may need to adjust the sensitivity. Is it an easy adjustment to make? I've never done this before.
Thanks for any advice!

I have the same issue on my premium. Best I can tell is the ball guide (on the left of the ball) wasn't aligned properly when built and it causes the ball to miss the first pop ever so slightly which results in nothing happening and the ball rolls through the pop and out without ever firing one. I'd sat this is the case about 7 out of 10 times. I don't believe its the pop as when the ball enters through the smart missile shot all hell breaks loose. There doesn't appear to be any adjustment for the guide. Can't say that's the problem 100% as I'm definitely a noob but check on your machine and see.

Steve

#14759 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Which jeep have you all be using to replace the existing Jeep? The Jada 1/43 scale Jeep or the 1/32 scale? The one with the #12 or #18? Thanks!

It turns out both Jeeps are identical size so you can go with either one. The #18 is readily available on Amazon and is actually 1/43 scale too despite being labeled 1/32. It is also more detailed.

6D5A20E3-1BD0-4914-87AA-44AB3F0EA791 (resized).jpeg6D5A20E3-1BD0-4914-87AA-44AB3F0EA791 (resized).jpeg806B58CE-628D-4472-97A7-21389180DA69 (resized).jpeg806B58CE-628D-4472-97A7-21389180DA69 (resized).jpeg
#14760 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

It turns out both Jeeps are identical size so you can go with either one. The #18 is readily available on Amazon and is actually 1/43 scale too despite being labeled 1/32. It is also more detailed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is correct. I have a 12 and an 18. I installed the 18 because I just liked it better. But I sat there for a good long time comparing them side by side and finding no difference even though they're labeled differently. So you're good either way.

#14761 1 year ago

Wanted to mention that Stern did finally come through and fix the T-Rex issue with my NIB JP Premium. They sent a new assembly and had a tech install at no cost to me. That's the good, the bad was it took 3 months to the day for the repair. It was an eye opener to see my dealer completely wash their hands of me just two days after I picked it up from them and we all seemed like buddies. They sent me the email address for Stern and that was the last I heard from them. No follow up, nothing. It coincidentally will be the last they hear from me as well. I'm likely the minority with that unfortunate NIB story but I doubt I would ever order new again. With used you at least know it's sorted out and working. I can now finally enjoy a game without the frustration. To bad I suck at pinball. lol

#14762 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Wanted to mention that Stern did finally come through and fix the T-Rex issue with my NIB JP Premium. They sent a new assembly and had a tech install at no cost to me. That's the good, the bad was it took 3 months to the day for the repair. It was an eye opener to see my dealer completely wash their hands of me just two days after I picked it up from them and we all seemed like buddies. They sent me the email address for Stern and that was the last I heard from them. No follow up, nothing. It coincidentally will be the last they hear from me as well. I'm likely the minority with that unfortunate NIB story but I doubt I would ever order new again. With used you at least know it's sorted out and working. I can now finally enjoy a game without the frustration. To bad I suck at pinball. lol

Which distributor was it?

#14763 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Which distributor was it?

Peter's Billiards in St Paul.

#14764 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about that experience with that distributor. I wouldn’t let it sour you on all NIB purchases. Seems like there are a lot of distributors out there who do a good job of after sale support. Unfortunately the one you used didn’t. Hope you can just enjoy playing now though. It’s a great game!

#14765 1 year ago

New Game Code ! (mainly Home Team feature)

V1.6.0 - July 29th, 2022
========================
- Insider Connected - Home Team

The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.

The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.

Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.

- Insider Connected - fix issue with awarding the Perfect Paddock achievement when the Dinosaur was captured before the last worker
- Insider Connected - prompt Player to log in when not already logged in when there is not a valid playfield yet
- Insider Connected - adjustments to Game Over screen for use with Insider Connected
- Escape - fix issue with using the outlane save when the system ball saver is active
- Invalid Frenzy - add a few more error messages
- Attract - fixed an issue with long pricing string combinations

- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- changed "DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL" default from 8 to 6 to match what the PRO version of the code does
- changed "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" to default to NO when the competition install is made
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players

- System - Updated to V3.20.0 on OS: V2.6.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0

- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.

- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.

- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.

- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.

- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count

- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".

- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".

- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20

- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.

- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

#14766 1 year ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! Very helpful

#14767 1 year ago

Peter's Billiards in St Paul.

They are a stern distributor in the loosest sense of the term.
They have a pretty high markup on their games as well.
Glad you eventually got it taken care of but I'd steer clear of them in the future, plenty of other respectable distros around to choose from.

#14768 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code ! (mainly Home Team feature)
V1.6.0 - July 29th, 2022
========================
- Insider Connected - Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in
and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play,
Home Team can be enabled via Standard Adjust #51 or from Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider
Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's
location by enabling the Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game.
Players need only be added once to the Home Team. Players can be
later removed from the Home Team, and guests can be temporarily
added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Insider Connected - fix issue with awarding the Perfect Paddock achievement when the Dinosaur was captured before the last worker
- Insider Connected - prompt Player to log in when not already logged in when there is not a valid playfield yet
- Insider Connected - adjustments to Game Over screen for use with Insider Connected
- Escape - fix issue with using the outlane save when the system ball saver is active
- Invalid Frenzy - add a few more error messages
- Attract - fixed an issue with long pricing string combinations
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- changed "DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL" default from 8 to 6 to match what the PRO version of the code does
- changed "IC GOAT MANIA SUPER SUPPLY DROP" to default to NO when the competition install is made
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players
- System - Updated to V3.20.0 on OS: V2.6.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.00.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

Still hoping they will add co-op mode, but at this point I realize its probably not going to happen.

#14769 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

Still hoping they will add co-op mode, but at this point I realize its probably not going to happen.

How would that work? Like we work towards multi balls or bonuses together?

#14770 1 year ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

How would that work? Like we work towards multi balls or bonuses together?

Probably more thinking along the line of working through paddocks, control room modes, and t-Rex modes together to get to Nublar.

#14771 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

I made my own co-op mode this way:

1) Save your normal settings/scores (3-ball) to a usb drive.
2) change game to 10-ball. Use this with a group (2,3, or 4 players only) alternating players with each ball.
3) when finished with co-op play. Save your 10-ball scores/settings to a different USB.

4)reload your 3-ball scores and settings with the first USB. Alternate whenever you like.

Doing this will let you separate the scores/setttings for the different “modes” (3-ball and then 10-ball).

I routed a 12 foot USB cable from the headboard down through the table to allow that you can access the USB slot from the coin door.

My girlfriend and I regularly play the 10-ball mode together working to achieve co-op high score which is of course different from 3-ball scores. We only use the 10-ball mode when playing co-operatively.otherwise we switch back to 3-ball. That said - it’s your game and can do as you please. We enjoy it…a lot.

Let me know if you have questions.

-JPRocks

#14772 1 year ago

I have a first run JP Pro without insider connect. Will this update allow me to enable co-op play or maybe 2 vs. 1 with my family? I have no interest in insider connect. Thanks!

#14773 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have a first run JP Pro without insider connect. Will this update allow me to enable co-op play or maybe 2 vs. 1 with my family? I have no interest in insider connect. Thanks!

It will not. Best you can try to do is the idea above your post.

#14774 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

It will not. Best you can try to do is the idea above your post.

OK, crap. Stern needs to get their heads out of their asses on that one. I'm definitely not messing with loading and swapping scores on a USB drive, and changing settings every time I want to play co op. It's a good idea, I'm just not that motivated, lol.

#14775 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Probably more thinking along the line of working through paddocks, control room modes, and t-Rex modes together to get to Nublar.

Exactly. Game progress.

#14776 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

You can use either. They are actually the same size. My daughter painted a number 12 for someone here and she did my number 18

E3E68150-21CB-4CE6-B1B9-FCAA65B8D3CF (resized).jpegE3E68150-21CB-4CE6-B1B9-FCAA65B8D3CF (resized).jpeg
#14777 1 year ago

Lol I finally made it to Nublar… sorta

2B6F583F-8B57-4FB7-86E8-0808580640B7 (resized).jpeg2B6F583F-8B57-4FB7-86E8-0808580640B7 (resized).jpeg
#14778 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Lol I finally made it to Nublar… sorta [quoted image]

But did you successfully Escape Nublar??

#14779 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

But did you successfully Escape Nublar??

Ha!!! Yep competed the return trip, er, I mean mode, after dark

74BB0CE0-2439-445E-A3CB-A915654A6C42 (resized).jpeg74BB0CE0-2439-445E-A3CB-A915654A6C42 (resized).jpeg
#14780 1 year ago

So I have never updated the code in my JP Pro. It has the code on it right before the IC update.

Now that I have a GZ with IC I want to setup Home Team on my JP so I have to now update my code.

If I install a wifi dongle in my JP, will I be able to download the updates over wifi? Also if it does, will updating like that erase my high scores and settings? Do I still need to back them up to USB?

If wifi won’t work, anyone have instructions on how to do the updates where I won’t lose my high scores and settings? Definitely do not want to lose all my scores and settings while updating.

#14781 1 year ago

I don't think any of Sterns spike 2 games wipe scores or settings(depending on how old of code you have on it). And if you dont have IC in your JP you cant update with just wifi dongle.

#14782 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't think any of Sterns spike 2 games wipe scores or settings(depending on how old of code you have on it). And if you dont have IC in your JP you cant update with just wifi dongle.

Ah okay gotcha. So after I get it up to date and have my machine registered to IC, then I should be able to do the wifi updates in the future?

So you don't think when I update via USB to get to the current code, that it won't erase scores/settings? I could have sworn I read it does just like from reading around the past year.

#14783 1 year ago

You don’t lose settings and scores. Just to be sure you can go in the utilities menu and save your scores and settings to a usb. I do it often.

For Hometeam I don’t think you can without the IC kit (camera and mem card) installed no matter what code version you install.

#14784 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You don’t lose settings and scores. Just to be sure you can go in the utilities menu and save your scores and settings to a usb. I do it often.
For Hometeam I don’t think you can without the IC kit (camera and mem card) installed no matter what code version you install.

It's been confirmed in the IC thread that you can use Home Team without an IC kit installed, as long as you have registered the game at some point, which means you had an IC kit hooked up to it at some point.

I got my GZ setup yesterday and I plan on hooking up the QR reader to my JP so I can register JP, and then I will be able to use my Home Team on JP after that. And if I want to add a new person to IC on JP, I will have to add them to Home Team on GZ and then next time I power on JP, they will be on the Home Team on there.

#14785 1 year ago

I can now confirm this works as I just did it.

- Updated JP to 1.06 code.
- Installed microSD and usb wifi adapter
- Ran a network cable from the QR reader in GZ to the empty slot ethernet port in the backbox
- Started JP and went through the same setup as I did on GZ for IC, making sure Home Team is turned on, and then registered game on the web.
- Turned on JP and unhooked network cables
- Powered on and I could select my IC from Home Team

I have a Micro Center near me and grabbed these this morning.

microSD card - $3.79 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/486146/micro-center-16gb-microsdhc-card-class-10-flash-memory-card-with-adapter
usb wifi dongle - $9.99 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/395710/tp-link-tl-wn725n-150mbps-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter

yF6Yj2Z - Imgur (resized).jpgyF6Yj2Z - Imgur (resized).jpg
#14786 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I can now confirm this works as I just did it.
- Updated JP to 1.06 code.
- Installed microSD and usb wifi adapter
- Ran a network cable from the QR reader in GZ to the empty slot ethernet port in the backbox
- Started JP and went through the same setup as I did on GZ for IC, making sure Home Team is turned on, and then registered game on the web.
- Turned on JP and unhooked network cables
- Powered on and I could select my IC from Home Team
I have a Micro Center near me and grabbed these this morning.
microSD card - $3.79 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/486146/micro-center-16gb-microsdhc-card-class-10-flash-memory-card-with-adapter
usb wifi dongle - $9.99 - https://www.microcenter.com/product/395710/tp-link-tl-wn725n-150mbps-wireless-n-nano-usb-adapter
[quoted image]

I was a day to early at buying 2 more IC readers. So I could have just put home team on those 2 pins with the 1 IC reader I already had? Dammit

#14787 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I was a day to early at buying 2 more IC readers. So I could have just put home team on those 2 pins with the 1 IC reader I already had? Dammit

Probably needed the dongles anyway for wifi. Haven’t tested to see if home team still works if qr is not connected

#14788 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Damn that sucks. That’s a lot of money there and you don’t need them. Sorry

#14789 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Probably needed the dongles anyway for wifi. Haven’t tested to see if home team still works if qr is not connected

It does. My pic above has no ic connected to it.

Also I got my wifi dongle at micro center for $10.

#14790 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Only downside for having no reader is a random person can’t just input their QR code at game start. Not a big deal for home use cause I could turn on gz, add them to my home team, turn on jp and they will now be on my home team. I also don’t have any real pin head friends who use ic lol.

#14791 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Only downside for having no reader is a random person can’t just input their QR code at game start. Not a big deal for home use cause I could turn on gz, add them to my home team, turn on jp and they will now be on my home team. I also don’t have any real pin head friends who use ic lol.

Same here, just me and my son are the only ones playing.

#14792 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It does. My pic above has no ic connected to it.
Also I got my wifi dongle at micro center for $10.

Nice! Sorry I missed your original post. I had tried a dongle I had laying around once and it didn’t recognize it. I’ll have to try the one you used.

#14793 1 year ago

Finally made it to the visitor center for the first time tonight! And failed miserably, lol.

After failing, I wasn't sure what to do since I didn't see anything lit. Am I supposed to complete all 3 control room modes?

#14794 1 year ago

I made it to visitor center for the first time and completed it!! Now how do I check the JP leaderboard?
Edit: found the leaderboard, and it says live but my score isnt showing up. That was $200 well spent.

20220805_224832 (resized).jpg20220805_224832 (resized).jpg

#14795 1 year ago
Quoted from scurker:

Finally made it to the visitor center for the first time tonight! And failed miserably, lol.
After failing, I wasn't sure what to do since I didn't see anything lit. Am I supposed to complete all 3 control room modes?

Yes, play all Control Room modes to light Secure Control Room and play all T-Rex modes to light Museum Mayhem

#14796 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, play all Control Room modes to light Secure Control Room and play all T-Rex modes to light Museum Mayhem

Thanks! I still have a way before I can play well enough to escape Nublar, but I finally beat the visitor's center tonight!

Jurassic Park Pro pinball with Grand Champion score at 1,215,928,940Jurassic Park Pro pinball with Grand Champion score at 1,215,928,940

#14797 1 year ago

So I just got my new off the line Pro model and I’m having an issue with the map lights, the right side upper lights and the left mid lights (raptor pit area). They are all really low and dim when lit. I’ll do the lamp test and they are brighter but still not lit regularly like the upper left and out lanes. Any ideas?

73365936-9278-45CA-8778-80E00B2AE542 (resized).jpeg73365936-9278-45CA-8778-80E00B2AE542 (resized).jpeg85564045-6592-44F8-8B63-6A35F2B887E4 (resized).jpeg85564045-6592-44F8-8B63-6A35F2B887E4 (resized).jpeg
#14798 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday with a pro and just stopping in to say hello. Looking forward to learning the rules, getting frustrated by my lack of skill, and adding a couple choice mods. The shot shapes on this game - my goodness. KME is just on another level, it's so satisfying. Very pleased to finally have one of his games to call our own.

#14799 1 year ago

Any reason to update to new code if you dont have IC?

#14800 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Any reason to update to new code if you dont have IC?

Certainly not as many reasons as there are not to!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 39.00
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/296 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.