(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,327 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 427.
#14701 1 year ago

Adjust the leaf switches first before you drive yourself crazy. If they were firing on their own then that would indicate that one of the leafs are too close together. When it stops firing all together it’s because they are making contact for an extended amount of time. The spike 2 system will cut voltage so it doesn’t short. The problem likely has nothing to do with node board.

Quoted from ufiti:

Might be a long shot... but, does anyone happen to know which connector on the node board corresponds with the right sling? I'm having a difficult time tracing the wires back. Was having an issue with the right sling firing on its own / not working at all, which was resolved by reseating all the connectors (after I ruled out anything else causing it). It was then totally fine for about a week and a half, then it happened again for a bit last night.

#14702 1 year ago
Quoted from scurker:

So my Newton ball keeps popping off. I tried to use some epoxy to see if it would stay on the post, but the came off a few days later. Is this something else I should be doing, or should I try to get a replacement from my distributor?

Weld it or buy a new one.

#14703 1 year ago

The new one (3.0) is actually better... can go left or right, front or side. Can be removed in case you have it on the side and need to get between two pins. And it is cheaper.

I was skeptical, too, but Scott Danesi (designed TNA and works for pinball life) just said on a podcast he only recommends the new ones, now...

https://www.pinballlife.com/pingulp-30.html

#14704 1 year ago
Quoted from scurker:

So my Newton ball keeps popping off. I tried to use some epoxy to see if it would stay on the post, but the came off a few days later. Is this something else I should be doing, or should I try to get a replacement from my distributor?

Something you can try before buying a replacement.

Assuming you have both the ball and shaft removed from the machine, clean off any and all glue residue that is on that newton ball shaft as well as in the ball.

Put the ball in the oven at about 325 degrees for about twenty minutes. At the same time, put the shaft in the freezer. What will happen is that the ball will increase in size a very miniscule amount. At the same time, the cold will cause the shaft to shrink by a very small amount.

With the ball hot and the shaft cold, very carefully hold the ball in your gloved hand while inserting the shaft into the hole. Use a small hammer or other object to lightly tap the shaft into the hole.

Now put the assembly aside for half-an-hour or so until it cools down. With luck, the shaft will be fixed tightly in the newton ball.

#14705 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its supposed to feed to the pops some of the time, honestly I wish it would more often on mine.
I had to adjust the leaf switch for the bottom left pop bumper when I got mine, it wasn't sensitive enough to activate when the ball dribbled in there.

I think I have an issue on my JP pro. When the ball comes into the pop bumpers from the top is just rolls right past the left pop without activating it. Doesn't activate any pops, just rolls right out the exit.

I've seen some deadflip footage on YouTube and their left pop activated whenever the ball dribbled in from the top.

The pop itself works on coil test and when I toss the ball at it. Sounds like I may need to adjust the sensitivity. Is it an easy adjustment to make? I've never done this before.

Thanks for any advice!

#14706 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Assuming you have both the ball and shaft removed from the machine, clean off any and all glue residue that is on that newton ball shaft as well as in the ball.
Put the ball in the oven at about 325 degrees for about twenty minutes. At the same time, put the shaft in the freezer. What will happen is that the ball will increase in size a very miniscule amount. At the same time, the cold will cause the shaft to shrink by a very small amount.
With the ball hot and the shaft cold, very carefully hold the ball in your gloved hand while inserting the shaft into the hole. Use a small hammer or other object to lightly tap the shaft into the hole.
Now put the assembly aside for half-an-hour or so until it cools down. With luck, the shaft will be fixed tightly in the newton ball.

That’s an interesting idea. My newton ball is fine, but I’m going to file this away in the recesses of my brain.

#14707 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I would couple this idea with some JB weld while you are at it.

#14708 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I put this off for a while, don't know why! This is one of the best mods you can do for your JP
The Cliffy Carbon Heli and Tower Flap replacements
The plunge is like a rocket now, the shots, the smoothness... The Helipad shot is perfect, the tower lightning fast, almost as smooth as Godzillas 180. Literally takes the game and buttery flow up to an 11.
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you installed these do you the carbon flaps lay over the metal edge of the ramps or do they lay flush on the playfield butted up against the edge of the ramps?

Thanks

#14709 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

When you installed these do you the carbon flaps lay over the metal edge of the ramps or do they lay flush on the playfield butted up against the edge of the ramps?
Thanks

Answered my own question. Just got my Cliffy's today and removed the metal flaps. I didn't realize that the ramps were level with the playfield and that the flaps will indeed overlap.

#14710 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Answered my own question. Just got my Cliffy's today and removed the metal flaps. I didn't realize that the ramps were level with the playfield and that the flaps will indeed overlap.

I didn’t realize that either. Have a pic?

#14711 1 year ago

Personal best today previous PB was around 350k. Default rules. Dammit I love this game. Only got it a couple weeks ago now. No mods yet. I think I want the mirror blades. Anyone with pictures or videos of their set up with mirror blades?

F39B10AE-FB70-4812-84CA-A911B0A31D79 (resized).jpegF39B10AE-FB70-4812-84CA-A911B0A31D79 (resized).jpeg
#14712 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Personal best today previous PB was around 350k.

That is completely awesome! Not everyday you better your previous best by a factor of 2000! WoW! Congrats! (j/k. Yeah, I know what you meant...)

#14713 1 year ago

My left ramp occasionally doesn’t register my shot. Frustrating really messes your game plan up. I’d say 20% of the time it doesn’t register. Seems mainly on skill shot weird.

#14714 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

A perfect fit and big improvement....

Quoted from sidesmack40:

My left ramp occasionally doesn’t register my shot. Frustrating really messes your game plan up. I’d say 20% of the time it doesn’t register. Seems mainly on skill shot weird.

Are you sure its a qualified skill shot? Any score will kill it...

#14715 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That is completely awesome! Not everyday you better your previous best by a factor of 2000! WoW! Congrats! (j/k. Yeah, I know what you meant...)

Ah shoot. You spotted the rook around these parts But really, thank you

#14716 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

A perfect fit and big improvement....

Are you sure its a qualified skill shot? Any score will kill it...

Black electrical tape over part of left opto (on left ramp). Look it up. It works.

#14717 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Black electrical tape over part of left opto (on left ramp). Look it up. It works.

Any chance someone could post a picture of this? Appreciate it!

#14718 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I had this aswell. I did 2 things....

1. Bit of electrical tape over the bottom half of the optical sensor.
2. Removed spacers from the lid of the ramp so the ball doesn't ride as high when it's hit hard up the ramp.

No pics to hand but I found those solutions on this forum somewhere, you should be able to find it.

#14719 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Any chance someone could post a picture of this? Appreciate it!

If you are getting refraction through the ramp hole then try this - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/212#post-6309369

However if you you are wanting to limit the beam, in order to detect airballs, then just put some tape over the lower 1/3 of the actual hole.

#14720 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

What registers the skill shot? The opto on the ramp or the opto behind the backboard? I have seen conflicting info...

#14721 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

What registers the skill shot? The opto on the ramp or the opto behind the backboard? I have seen conflicting info...

Small peice of electrical tape over lower left opto only. Place the tape on the ramp steel- not the opto. Approximately lower 1/3 of opto should be blacked. I will post a pic tomorrow if someone doesn’t first. Not home at the moment.

#14722 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Small peice of electrical tape over lower left opto only. Place the tape on the ramp steel- not the opto. Approximately lower 1/3 of opto should be blacked. I will post a pic tomorrow if someone doesn’t first. Not home at the moment.

Thanks a picture would be great!

#14723 1 year ago

Put a deposit down on a premium JP from cointaker a few weeks ago. Does anyone know when the new JP premiums should start shipping?

#14724 1 year ago
Quoted from FPagnotti:

Put a deposit down on a premium JP from cointaker a few weeks ago. Does anyone know when the new JP premiums should start shipping?

I’ve seen a few of these around posted from distros. If you can call around you might be able to find one now, if you can get your deposit back.

#14725 1 year ago

Personal best today previous PB was around 350k. Default rules. Dammit I love this game. Only got it a couple weeks ago now. No mods yet. I think I want the mirror blades. Anyone with pictures or videos of their set up with mirror blades?
[quoted image]

I just hit my personal best of 355m, so you’re giving me hope for new heights!

#14726 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Thanks a picture would be great!

I’m not even sure what the opto is?

#14727 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I’ve seen a few of these around posted from distros. If you can call around you might be able to find one now, if you can get your deposit back.

I liked going with cointaker because they are local to me and will come and set up the machine and add small mods I want done. I just hope I’m not waiting until after Christmas.

#14728 1 year ago
Quoted from FPagnotti:

I liked going with cointaker because they are local to me and will come and set up the machine and add small mods I want done. I just hope I’m not waiting until after Christmas.

Good luck not sure they plan on running any more of these this year from the schedules posted here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/67#post-7049332

#14729 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

I’m not even sure what the opto is?

An opto is an optical emitter and receiver. Basically, an invisible (infrared?) beam of light that goes across the ramp. When the ball passes through that beam of light the game knows that the ball went up the ramp and you made the shot.

You can see it on your ramp if you look for the holes on the left and right side of the ramp.

(I'm sure someone can give a more technical explanation, but that's the gist)

#14730 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Daughter painted my Jada jeep. She also did my T Rex head. If anyone wants theirs painted lmk.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just received by Jeep from BallyKiss1978. Incredible! The #18 Jeep fits on my pin and I love the off-road look upgrade. Installing this weekend. Thank you!

032C81A5-87EA-442A-9727-CB0F12755F81 (resized).jpeg032C81A5-87EA-442A-9727-CB0F12755F81 (resized).jpegC5D7AEFA-4FCC-46A3-9EFB-4835E474BB22 (resized).jpegC5D7AEFA-4FCC-46A3-9EFB-4835E474BB22 (resized).jpeg
#14731 1 year ago

Ok strange problem here

The Pro I bought was still on .88, I moved to movie code 1.03, I have an issue where whenever the replay sound plays (either on a Match after the round, or during round with a good score) there is maybe a missing sound and there’s a loud pop from the speakers.

The movie code doesn’t touch that specific audio file.

I tried updating to Stern 1.05 and doing a full / checked update, but the issue persists on the Stern code as well.

Any ideas? Maybe reverting to a previous Stern code where the sound was added?

#14732 1 year ago
Quoted from jstevenson:

Ok strange problem here
The Pro I bought was still on .88, I moved to movie code 1.03, I have an issue where whenever the replay sound plays (either on a Match after the round, or during round with a good score) there is maybe a missing sound and there’s a loud pop from the speakers.
The movie code doesn’t touch that specific audio file.
I tried updating to Stern 1.05 and doing a full / checked update, but the issue persists on the Stern code as well.
Any ideas? Maybe reverting to a previous Stern code where the sound was added?

That pop sound is the simulated knocker. It's normal. You can turn it off in the settings. Likely was turned off in your settings previously.

#14733 1 year ago

I didn’t realize there was a skill shot after the double super skill shot! For the first time today I hit the fourth skill shot which is hitting the O after hitting the raptor tower*. I did it a second time just now and ended up getting the record for 8 skill shots on my machine. Not sure what the hottest shit is but that seems pretty solid

#14734 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Just received by Jeep from BallyKiss1978. Incredible! The #18 Jeep fits on my pin and I love the off-road look upgrade. Installing this weekend. Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So glad you like it! Thank you for the nice post. My daughter will be very happy!

#14735 1 year ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

I didn’t realize there was a skill shot after the double super skill shot! For the first time today I hit the fourth skill shot which is hitting the O after hitting the raptor pen. I did it a second time just now and ended up getting the record for 8 skill shots on my machine. Not sure what the hottest shit is but that seems pretty solid

What shots did you make - as I’m not aware of one involving the raptor gate/pen?

The 4 shot skill shot I know about is left ramp, right ramp, tower ramp, “O” shot Or you can do left ramp, right ramp, upper orbit & tower.

There are also the secret skill shots - “C” shot, amber target (in the pops), and the “O” shot.

Maybe I’ve been missing something loll

#14736 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

What shots did you make - as I’m not aware of one involving the raptor gate/pen?
The 4 shot skill shot I know about is left ramp, right ramp, tower ramp, “O” shot Or you can do left ramp, right ramp, upper orbit & tower.
There are also the secret skill shots - “C” shot, amber target (in the pops), and the “O” shot.
Maybe I’ve been missing something loll

I think I simply used the incorrect terminology for It’s the exact 4 shot one you described first with the O shot as the final one.

#14737 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That pop sound is the simulated knocker. It's normal. You can turn it off in the settings. Likely was turned off in your settings previously.

Wow I cannot believe that is an official sound. It’s terrible. Thank you!

#14738 1 year ago
Quoted from jstevenson:

I like the sound cus it usually means I’ve done something good lol

#14739 1 year ago

I have no clue what the random knocker sound means when I’m having a decent game but yeah I like it cause it happens during a good run lol. Means I’m not having a shitty game.

#14740 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have no clue what the random knocker sound means when I’m having a decent game but yeah I like it cause it happens during a good run lol. Means I’m not having a shitty game.

It means you have surpassed the Replay score set on the machine. But basically, yes, means you are having a decent game! Lol

#14741 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

It means you have surpassed the Replay score set on the machine. But basically, yes, means you are having a decent game! Lol

Ah okay. The replay score can be variable though right? Because I swear it doesn't always happen when my score is the same.

I also have replay/matching turned off since it's on freeplay and it doesn't make much sense lol.

#14742 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I also have replay/matching turned off since it's on freeplay and it doesn't make much sense lol.

but but but !? this sound IS the sound when playing a pinball machine !

even in freeplay i enjoy this like nothing else
and than the "triple clack" is even better, my son can hear it from other rooms in the house, and than he knows i've beaten the hiscore (lol)

#14743 1 year ago

Turning the fake knocker down to the low volume definitely helps. Sounds much closer to the real thing and isn't so ear shattering. Still not the same as the real thing, but I wouldn't personally want to turn it off either.

#14744 1 year ago
Quoted from jstevenson:

You can install an after-market real knocker if you prefer - https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

#14745 1 year ago

Just want to say that I installed both of Mr. Tantrum's Jeep and helicopter mods (with cockpit LED!) and they're fantastic. Thanks, Mr_Tantrum for the detailed instructions (but yeah...the helicopter was a bitch!).

#14746 1 year ago

Got a couple things delivered today from Mezel Mods. Raptor pen and shooter lane protector. Raptor pen looks great. Is the lane protector suppose to stick to the wood of the shooter lane? I took off the sheet of protective film and thought it would stick, but it is literally just laying on top of the shooter lane and effects the balls ability to make it up the heliramp, even on auto plunge.

After completing these two modifications I recognized a few things started happening right away.

(1) My auto plunge button stopped working. The lights light up. I can start up a game using the button, but I cannot get it to auto plunge for me anymore. Mechanically speaking, what makes this happen?

(2) When I can get the ball to go up the heliramp and down the right lane to start off a ball, once it touches the helicopter the red flashing lights on the t-Rex ramp turns off and my ability to collect skill shot points goes out the window. Never happened before putting my mods in.

(2a) I also noticed that the game will act like I lit up map and if I hit the t-Rex ramp from the start, it will start up the first paddock. This doesn’t always happen.

(3) When I get a ball save, the auto plunge is noticeably slower now. Could it be the shooter lane protector? That doesn’t make any sense to me, but I will check this out.

I hope I didn’t permanently fuck some things up when putting in the mods.

Any words of wisdom around here?

Thanks

#14747 1 year ago

Got a couple things delivered today from Mezel Mods. Raptor pen and shooter lane protector. Raptor pen looks great. Is the lane protector suppose to stick to the wood of the shooter lane? I took off the sheet of protective film and thought it would stick, but it is literally just laying on top of the shooter lane and effects the balls ability to make it up the heliramp, even on auto plunge.
After completing these two modifications I recognized a few things started happening right away.
(1) My auto plunge button stopped working. The lights light up. I can start up a game using the button, but I cannot get it to auto plunge for me anymore. Mechanically speaking, what makes this happen?
(2) When I can get the ball to go up the heliramp and down the right lane to start off a ball, once it touches the helicopter the red flashing lights on the t-Rex ramp turns off and my ability to collect skill shot points goes out the window. Never happened before putting my mods in.
(2a) I also noticed that the game will act like I lit up map and if I hit the t-Rex ramp from the start, it will start up the first paddock. This doesn’t always happen.
(3) When I get a ball save, the auto plunge is noticeably slower now. Could it be the shooter lane protector? That doesn’t make any sense to me, but I will check this out.
Thanks

Bottom line is you added non designed things to your game which makes it now not work right. Easy answer is remove the mods. However here is the answer you probably prefer:

You are having switch issues. Shooter lane switch is either not detecting the ball or stuck open/closed. Remove the protector. Waste of time and money. You don't see yourself wrapping your sofa, lamps, car, etc in plastic in order to prevent scuffs right? Just reduce the ball kick-out power to the minimum it needs to get the ball in the shooter lane reliably. Despite what some folks here believe, your game will not be worth thousands more because you put a shooter lane protector in(or leave the goody bag sealed and stapled inside). Doesn't change a damn thing for value.

Map white arrow shots. Fix the shooter lane first. If you still have issues then you likely have an over sensitive switch somewhere on one of the white shots. Once it registers this is what is terminating your skill shot.

Go into switch test and see what's happening. Pound the pf with your fist to induce vibration and see which switch registers.

#14748 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You don't see yourself wrapping your sofa

Everyone's grandmother*, ever...

-----

*if that term offends, please replace with grandbirthingperson

square-america3 (resized).jpgsquare-america3 (resized).jpg
#14749 1 year ago

Thanks

Look on their site they have instructions on installing the shooter lane protector. There is a sticker that comes with it that you use to stick it to the wood.

As for the auto plunge not working, it's because the lane switch isn't being triggered because the lane protector does not shit flush against the wood. It "floats" a bit down there. Your skill shots also won't be working because it never registers a ball is in the shooter lane.

They also have a video on how to fix this if you have the issue. Basically you have to bend the switch to make it pop up taller. It was a bit tricky for me to do but I did it and haven't had any issues since.

Both of the videos are on the product page.

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

#14750 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Everyone's grandmother*, ever...
-----
*if that term offends, please replace with grandbirthingperson
[quoted image]

Hey I totally remember the lamps in the living room being wrapped in clear plastic while I was growing up lol. Let's not go back to the 70's please lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/295 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.