(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 426.
#14651 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Anyone know of any dealers that may have a premium available?

Don’t think there’s any. I spoke to my distros last weekend after seeing sterns social media post about JP Prem being on the line and they knew nothing. All of their runs were sold out and they didn’t have word on the next one. Fingers crossed it doesn’t get archived next year

#14652 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh wow....thats not cheap for flippers

Considering all the unnecessary cosmetic things people pay hundreds of dollars for to put on their games as decoration (I'm guilty on both ends) and the fact that flippers are THE primary/integral component of gameplay; I'd say these are actually a real bargain in comparison. Note that I have not tried them yet but am looking forward to doing so.

#14653 1 year ago

The PPP flippers have been available less than a month. Once word gets out of how much an improvement in play they offer, I’m guessing they’ll be a run on these. I talked with John (the owner) when I did my second order for the rest of my games. He’s getting a couple of new colors, including green and purple. For what they offer, the price is insanely low. I did a pretty careful inspection of the parts in my second order. Of the 15 shafts I received, each measured precisely 0.250 inches. To 3 places, no variance. Just look at that part. Solid stainless steel (the conical section isn’t welded, its machined from billet) then centerless ground. Just gorgeous parts in this system.
C1440436-E121-4AEB-9DDA-F648858D327A (resized).jpegC1440436-E121-4AEB-9DDA-F648858D327A (resized).jpeg

09C632B6-0E78-4CEC-9CBD-81A717D3BBBB (resized).jpeg09C632B6-0E78-4CEC-9CBD-81A717D3BBBB (resized).jpeg

5008C2C3-EE3F-4DC0-BA30-D7F6DB1176FE (resized).jpeg5008C2C3-EE3F-4DC0-BA30-D7F6DB1176FE (resized).jpeg
#14654 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

The PPP flippers have been available less than a month. Once word gets out of how much an improvement in play they offer, I’m guessing they’ll be a run on these. I talked with John (the owner) when I did my second order for the rest of my games. He’s getting a couple of new colors, including green and purple. For what they offer, the price is insanely low. I did a pretty careful inspection of the parts in my second order. Of the 15 shafts I received, each measured precisely 0.250 inches. To 3 places, no variance. Just look at that part. Solid stainless steel (the conical section isn’t welded, its machined from billet) then centerless ground. Just gorgeous parts in this system.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

How hard is the install?

#14655 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How hard is the install?

3 on a scale of 10. The hardest part is tightening down the pinch bolts on the new shafts. You do this job once, and you’re done. All subsequent adjustments are done above the playfield.

BTW, I’m in Albuquerque if you want to see these in person. PM me, you’re welcome to come try this on the games in my collection.

#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Considering all the unnecessary cosmetic things people pay hundreds of dollars for to put on their games as decoration (I'm guilty on both ends) and the fact that flippers are THE primary/integral component of gameplay; I'd say these are actually a real bargain in comparison. Note that I have not tried them yet but am looking forward to doing so.

Good point...everything in this hobby is pricey

#14657 1 year ago

Daughter painted the Mezel mods roof on lookout tower. Raptor pen, lookout tower, and electric fence mod for T rex is well worth the price.

F1589CEC-19E3-4D05-A6E8-4B130C3D7530 (resized).jpegF1589CEC-19E3-4D05-A6E8-4B130C3D7530 (resized).jpeg86F8E39D-3F34-4EDB-834D-EC5202EC5382 (resized).jpeg86F8E39D-3F34-4EDB-834D-EC5202EC5382 (resized).jpeg61CC4A8F-B62B-41B5-9173-D18F982F17F0 (resized).jpeg61CC4A8F-B62B-41B5-9173-D18F982F17F0 (resized).jpeg9E3D4007-626B-47E0-BE3A-738DDCACF49D (resized).jpeg9E3D4007-626B-47E0-BE3A-738DDCACF49D (resized).jpeg07E911A9-6B40-4910-B0C0-EC159D5C3EDC (resized).jpeg07E911A9-6B40-4910-B0C0-EC159D5C3EDC (resized).jpeg
#14658 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really enjoyed your review of these on the other thread. Funny, I just ordered a set for my JP last night, I also chose the gold color. Glad to see they look great, and even better to hear that they shoot great. I have a set of the red flippers from the pre-order back in June before the bushings were available but haven't put them in yet (thinking Deadpool). Did you add a bushing to the upper flipper too, or just the lower flippers? I'm planning on just adding the bushing to the lowers for now.

#14659 1 year ago

Marco has Stern toppers

#14660 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Marco has Stern toppers

Sold out!

#14661 1 year ago

Wow, less than 30 min…i wonder if other distros are getting done in

#14662 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Did you add a bushing to the upper flipper too, or just the lower flippers? I'm planning on just adding the bushing to the lowers for now.

For most games I've done, I've only put the precision bushings on the lower, main flippers. Only on GZ did I also put a bushing on the upper flipper. GZ has the great loop shot off the upper flipper, and the precision bushing definetly helped me hit that multiple times in a row compared to stock.

Quoted from RikV:

Really enjoyed your review of these on the other thread.

Thanks, very much. I caught quite a bit of heat in my review. They've only been available for a few weeks. It will be interesting to see others try this system out and share their thoughts. Obviously, I'm enthusiastic about them and have upgraded all my games. Joel's Twitch stream last night featured these, too, and he was quite enthusastic about them as well. FYI.

#14663 1 year ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Actually they were about $160 including the 3 bushings and shipping

You guys crack me up. You’ll drop $10K on a toy and pack it full of crap that does nothing for gameplay and add a $500 topper … that also does nothing for gameplay. But $160 on the only item in the game you can actually manipulate while maybe making the game play better is too much.

Okay.

#14664 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You guys crack me up. You’ll drop $10K on a toy and pack it full of crap that does nothing for gameplay and add a $500 topper … that also does nothing for gameplay. But $160 on the only item in the game you can actually manipulate while maybe making the game play better is too much.
Okay.

True but the jury is out if the flipper upgrades are worth it. Sure most mods add nothing to gameplay, but also adding extras and modding a cars body buy adding rims ect doesn’t add to performance but dresses it up and makes it look better.

There’s a reason flippers are pretty much same for decades and do not have metal ones.

#14665 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Okay.

Eh, I’ve played games with metal flippers before, and I can’t say I think they are an upgrade. They change the feel of the game too much. I also don’t find it hard to replace or align flippers. YMMV

#14666 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

Eh, I’ve played games with metal flippers before, and I can’t say I think they are an upgrade. They change the feel of the game too much. I also don’t find it hard to replace or align flippers. YMMV

I am on the fence.... sure you can mod how the flippers work etc... but that's not how the game was designed... Have seen folks drill holes in the playfield to help with drains too..... would rather practice and learn the game as built just me.... and my game....

#14667 1 year ago

Does anyone know when and why the T-Rex was changed from green to brown? IMO the brown looks pretty sharp compared to my green one and I’m a little envious.

935825A9-369B-4D4A-B2AA-0FD0563EBA5E (resized).jpeg935825A9-369B-4D4A-B2AA-0FD0563EBA5E (resized).jpeg
#14668 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Does anyone know when and why the T-Rex was changed from green to brown? IMO the brown looks pretty sharp compared to my green one and I’m a little envious.
[quoted image]

She changed colour as she matured

From looking back in the thread the brown T-Rex’s appeared in July 2020. There’s never been any info on why Stern changed the colour - possibly due to a supplier change or maybe it was simply the colour of the next bulk batch from the supplier to Stern??

#14669 1 year ago

Are you supposed to be able to hear the T-rex turn his head left and right? I can hear the gears with like a low whirring sound when it turns, even with the glass on. How can I check if it is all nice and tight? Thanks

#14670 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Are you supposed to be able to hear the T-rex turn his head left and right? I can hear the gears with like a low whirring sound when it turns, even with the glass on. How can I check if it is all nice and tight? Thanks

It's normal

#14671 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Unfortunately it’s normal.

#14672 1 year ago

I am normally not a fan of Stern pins, but my wife and I played Jurassic Park (Pro) last week and had a blast. It looks like you can still order a Pro on Coin Taker, but it does not have an ETA on delivery.

1. Does anyone know the wait time right now on JP Pros?

2. The Premium edition looks fun. Is the higher price worth all the extra bells and whistles?

#14673 1 year ago
Quoted from Striker:

I am normally not a fan of Stern pins, but my wife and I played Jurassic Park (Pro) last week and had a blast. It looks like you can still order a Pro on Coin Taker, but it does not have an ETA on delivery.
2. The Premium edition looks fun. Is the higher price worth all the extra bells and whistles?

1) you can prob find one in stock if you call around on Sterns websites list of distributors

2) the ball eating t-rex and raptor pen are worth it in my opinion, but it’s a ton of money and i don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way.

#14674 1 year ago
Quoted from Striker:

Stern just did a run of both pros and premiums so there is a chance you can find one. For me the premium so worth the money and the entire family loves the game.

#14675 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm currently working to catch up on orders so these new items are not in the store yet, but just wanted to post a heads up on these three JP brackets that will be in the pinmonk store here (and on pinmonk.com) soon.
First is a gradient bracket from yellow to orange for the all-white inserts on the center shot:
[quoted image]
This is a bracket to make the electricity more of a bluish color instead of stark white:
[quoted image]
Finally, the Nublar is a light-blocking bracket like the RUSH owl eyes so the mountain picture doesn't have insert starburst bleeding through. Just the explosion area at the top and sides are lit.
[quoted image]

Home run once again, nice job

#14676 1 year ago

I put this off for a while, don't know why! This is one of the best mods you can do for your JP

The Cliffy Carbon Heli and Tower Flap replacements

The plunge is like a rocket now, the shots, the smoothness... The Helipad shot is perfect, the tower lightning fast, almost as smooth as Godzillas 180. Literally takes the game and buttery flow up to an 11.

20220722_200722 (resized).jpg20220722_200722 (resized).jpg20220722_200820 (resized).jpg20220722_200820 (resized).jpg

#14677 1 year ago

Stern JP armor set at MSRP (5 in stock), go get 'em!

ebay.com link: itm

#14678 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Stern JP armor set at MSRP (5 in stock), go get 'em!
ebay.com link: itm

Half sold already.

#14679 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Half sold already.

They’ve been out of stock for a while now, and with all the new JPs getting delivered, I’m sure there are plenty of people waiting to grab a set.

#14680 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

They’ve been out of stock for a while now, and with all the new JPs getting delivered, I’m sure there are plenty of people waiting to grab a set.

Wow, managed to get a Stern topper and armor this week. Must be more popping up soon at other distros

#14681 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Half sold already.

Sold out....

#14682 1 year ago

#14683 1 year ago
Quoted from Striker:

I got my JP Pro from Cointaker a year ago and I still absolutely love it.

I don't miss the fancy raptor pit and moving TRex head, but others insist on it.

You can't go wrong either way; this game is a masterpiece.

(install the movie clips and callouts mod; IMO, it's a must-have)

RM

#14684 1 year ago

Here’s my mod. Having the pro the fixed helicpoter didn’t do much for me. I watched a video where someone rethemed a model helicpoter to match. I thought I might not be artsy enough to do as good of a job but crafty enough to put a “spin” on it.
Researched and found a reduction motor(1-150) running off 6-12v…..
Ordered the helicpoter and motor and quickly was off to the test bench. I was able to modify the helicpoter to fit the motor and we have a spinning prop!
With a little grey and blue paint I was there.
Using the standoffs from original plastics I was able to mount the helicpoter and tie into the flasher below.
I know it’s not perfect but my son did say I was “so awesome” so there’s that…

1ED6FA9A-3E30-4025-BA17-B704B658A326 (resized).jpeg1ED6FA9A-3E30-4025-BA17-B704B658A326 (resized).jpeg249A4C7B-E83D-4579-839A-922978E1A798 (resized).jpeg249A4C7B-E83D-4579-839A-922978E1A798 (resized).jpeg2C913390-E7E8-49FA-9BE4-842993DADF68 (resized).jpeg2C913390-E7E8-49FA-9BE4-842993DADF68 (resized).jpeg35390A16-B166-4E9B-AB0E-1BD29A0BB489 (resized).jpeg35390A16-B166-4E9B-AB0E-1BD29A0BB489 (resized).jpeg432DF8F2-184E-434B-9099-ADBBFA8F8A2B (resized).jpeg432DF8F2-184E-434B-9099-ADBBFA8F8A2B (resized).jpegE98D46EF-9FC9-47E1-BD5A-E0ED7A4FA225 (resized).jpegE98D46EF-9FC9-47E1-BD5A-E0ED7A4FA225 (resized).jpeg
#14685 1 year ago

Fantastic mod with the working Helicopter! So very well done. Thanks for posting this, it's a great idea.

#14686 1 year ago

I love my premium but I think the raptor pitt is more satisfying on the pro. It’s kind of like a mini loop shot that returns to the flipper.

Though for both, the raptor Pitt is the weakest part of the game. It’s my only critique of this masterpiece. I wish the section was used as a regular shot and integrated across modes, sort of how mechagodzilla is both its own little multiball function but also essentially one of the games main shots too.

#14687 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Though for both, the raptor Pitt is the weakest part of the game.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#14688 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love my premium but I think the raptor pitt is more satisfying on the pro. It’s kind of like a mini loop shot that returns to the flipper.
Though for both, the raptor Pitt is the weakest part of the game. It’s my only critique of this masterpiece. I wish the section was used as a regular shot and integrated across modes, sort of how mechagodzilla is both its own little multiball function but also essentially one of the games main shots too.

Completely agree. Have a pro and considered to upgrade to a premium because I absolutely love this game and wanted to have the additional features. Played a well working premium and decided to... Stay on pro. T-Rex is cool and helipad is well, the raptor wall is nice, too. But pro flows better without T-Rex eating balls and I like the raptor pit on pro more, too. Everyones own choice, can't go wrong with one or another. Really great pin.

#14689 1 year ago

Maybe this is a dumb question, but when you change rubber rings, is it normal to have to take a lot of things apart? I was changing the rubbers on my game today and I had to take the raptor pit apart to get to the posts and rubber ring. What a huge ordeal.

#14690 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but when you change rubber rings, is it normal to have to take a lot of things apart? I was changing the rubbers on my game today and I had to take the raptor pit apart to get to the posts and rubber ring. What a huge ordeal.

Yes you have to remove various PF parts to replace the rings - some games are worse than others.

#14691 1 year ago

Has anyone ever removed the right ramp to change rubbers? How hard is it? What do you have to do to remove it?

#14692 1 year ago

Might be a long shot... but, does anyone happen to know which connector on the node board corresponds with the right sling? I'm having a difficult time tracing the wires back. Was having an issue with the right sling firing on its own / not working at all, which was resolved by reseating all the connectors (after I ruled out anything else causing it). It was then totally fine for about a week and a half, then it happened again for a bit last night.

#14693 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I love the raptor pit, and everything about it

#14694 1 year ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Might be a long shot... but, does anyone happen to know which connector on the node board corresponds with the right sling? I'm having a difficult time tracing the wires back. Was having an issue with the right sling firing on its own / not working at all, which was resolved by reseating all the connectors (after I ruled out anything else causing it). It was then totally fine for about a week and a half, then it happened again for a bit last night.

Page 12 of the manual

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/JurassicPark_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#14695 1 year ago

Should've known, thanks so much! My first Stern machine and first time dealing with node boards.

#14696 1 year ago

Looking for beverage buddy recommendations. Links appreciated

#14697 1 year ago
Quoted from athomepinsider:

Looking for beverage buddy recommendations. Links appreciated

https://www.pinballlife.com/pingulp-beverage-caddy-premium.html

Every machine. Color of your choosing.

#14698 1 year ago

So my Newton ball keeps popping off. I tried to use some epoxy to see if it would stay on the post, but the came off a few days later. Is this something else I should be doing, or should I try to get a replacement from my distributor?

#14699 1 year ago
Quoted from scurker:

So my Newton ball keeps popping off. I tried to use some epoxy to see if it would stay on the post, but the came off a few days later. Is this something else I should be doing, or should I try to get a replacement from my distributor?

Get a replacement. Adhesives of any type won’t hold up…

#14700 1 year ago
Quoted from scurker:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-jurassic-park-truck-spinner-newton-ball.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.