(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 426.
#14601 1 year ago

Daughter painted my Jada jeep. She also did my T Rex head. If anyone wants theirs painted lmk.

EC79EB48-E7F1-4646-B31C-8F4DC31563DB (resized).jpegEC79EB48-E7F1-4646-B31C-8F4DC31563DB (resized).jpegBE94AEF3-5737-4751-937C-CD03767EE476 (resized).jpegBE94AEF3-5737-4751-937C-CD03767EE476 (resized).jpegA8ACD49B-BEE3-4CFF-903B-449AC37952C9 (resized).jpegA8ACD49B-BEE3-4CFF-903B-449AC37952C9 (resized).jpeg4B919BCA-E8D9-4625-93D6-FE8A5F72D839 (resized).jpeg4B919BCA-E8D9-4625-93D6-FE8A5F72D839 (resized).jpeg9603D8A5-37C9-4D40-BE3C-D785225FBF41 (resized).jpeg9603D8A5-37C9-4D40-BE3C-D785225FBF41 (resized).jpeg75906EC1-FA71-4F39-8CD6-227BB6390B82 (resized).jpeg75906EC1-FA71-4F39-8CD6-227BB6390B82 (resized).jpeg12FCDCC5-F479-443B-968D-3D1ECBE73FEA (resized).jpeg12FCDCC5-F479-443B-968D-3D1ECBE73FEA (resized).jpeg86894ACA-D4CA-4B2C-BE87-DFD44FB9C5A1 (resized).jpeg86894ACA-D4CA-4B2C-BE87-DFD44FB9C5A1 (resized).jpeg
#14602 1 year ago

Has anyone who had inconsistent auto plunges been able to fix it 100%? I’ve tried everything I can find suggested, washer under left side, shooter lane fork, bending the forks of the auto plunger so they both touch the ball at rest, trying different powers in the menu, putting a piece of Velcro under the playfield to reduce the pullback of the auto plunger and reduce slop.

Nothing has made the auto plunge 100%, it especially fails during multiball when more than one ball is launched in quick succession.

If anyone has any other suggestions I’d be very grateful or is this just something everyone accepts just happens occasionally with this machine?

Thanks

#14603 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

For those seeking a helicopter mod, the Matchbox Quetzal-copter is still available from numerous sources. Installation requires basically the same steps as outlined in Mr_tantrum’s excellent directions. I put a few small pieces of heavy duty Velcro under it between the screw heads for the helipad plastic to keep it from jiggling around.

Thanks for this. To me it looks better than the red one since the color scheme matches the blades and original plastic piece.

There's two left here if anyone else wants one: https://packturtle.com/products/matchbox-jurasssic-world-dino-transporters-vehicles-choose-your-vehicle?variant=42999389094141

Use code CAR15 and you're under $20 shipped.

#14604 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone who had inconsistent auto plunges been able to fix it 100%? I’ve tried everything I can find suggested, washer under left side, shooter lane fork, bending the forks of the auto plunger so they both touch the ball at rest, trying different powers in the menu, putting a piece of Velcro under the playfield to reduce the pullback of the auto plunger and reduce slop.
Nothing has made the auto plunge 100%, it especially fails during multiball when more than one ball is launched in quick succession.
If anyone has any other suggestions I’d be very grateful or is this just something everyone accepts just happens occasionally with this machine?
Thanks

You need to diagnose the problem your specific machine is having before implementing any of the fixes posted here. That should be the first thing you do. Get your phone out, put it in slow motion, and record the shooter lane 5-10 times and watch them back carefully. See what the ball is doing to make it reject and then come back and ask for suggestions if the fix isn't incredibly obvious (which it likely will be).

#14605 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks

I’ve noticed that I need to be mindful about centering the plunger in the shooter lane when putting the playfield back into the lock bar after raising the playfield. There is enough wiggle room on the lock bar receiver to have an adverse effect on plunges and auto launches (more than my other games).

#14606 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

See what the ball is doing to make it reject and then come back and ask for suggestions if the fix isn't incredibly obvious (which it likely will be).

The problem is not unique to his game. It is not easy to determine the cause which is why he is here asking for suggestions.

Your advice is to tell him to figure out the cause and come back for suggestions, rather than just getting suggestions now.

My game still does it intermittently too, even with the washer installed by the previous owner. It isn't incredibly obvious why it happens.

pinheadpierre provided some useful info however.

#14607 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The problem is not unique to his game. It is not easy to determine the cause which is why he is here asking for suggestions.
Your advice is to tell him to figure out the cause and come back for suggestions, rather than just getting suggestions now.
My game still does it intermittently too, even with the washer installed by the previous owner. It isn't incredibly obvious why it happens.
pinheadpierre provided some useful info however.

Ian Malcolm figured it out ages ago. Chaos theory! LOL

#14608 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Thanks

I was able to get my auto plunge working 100% of the time by bending the forks in towards the center so they make more consistent contact with the ball. Prior to that they were both touching the ball at rest, but the balls probably won't be in that at rest position during multiball launches. The width on my forks now is the same as the ball groove in the shooter lane.

#14609 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I was able to get my auto plunge working 100% of the time by bending the forks in towards the center so they make more consistent contact with the ball. Prior to that they were both touching the ball at rest, but the balls probably won't be in that at rest position during multiball launches. The width on my forks now is the same as the ball groove in the shooter lane.

My forks are bent in quite abit already. It seems to be coming out straight too so I don’t think that’s the problem. It seems to only start to go off track where the metal starts, so I guess I either need more washers or less. I’ve taken a video, just working out how to upload to the forum.

#14610 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

just working out how to upload to the forum.

You need to upload it to something like YouTube first. Then just paste the link.

#14611 1 year ago

Ok, I tried to do it on Vimeo but for some reason it took the slow Mo off. I’ll go sign up for YouTube lol

#14612 1 year ago

So I think it's going straight before it hits the metal part, which means the forks in the auto plunger are ok. It quite obviously hits the right side higher up and then ricochets about and dribbles out at the top but I think it may actually hit the left side first as it's traveling up the fork but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

I also just tried removing the washer under the left fork and also adding another washer so there were two under there. Without the washer seems abit better but still not 100%

#14613 1 year ago

How ball sits on forks, seems pretty even to me.

383389DE-1591-42BE-B485-2811E2224F0B (resized).jpeg383389DE-1591-42BE-B485-2811E2224F0B (resized).jpeg

Played a couple of games it’s actually a lot better without the washer, I think I added the washer and then later bent the auto plunger forks. I may have fixed it by bending the forks but it was still messing up because of the washer. It’s not 100% still but it’s a lot better

#14614 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

So I think it's going straight before it hits the metal part, which means the forks in the auto plunger are ok. It quite obviously hits the right side higher up and then ricochets about and dribbles out at the top but I think it may actually hit the left side first as it's traveling up the fork but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

I also just tried removing the washer under the left fork and also adding another washer so there were two under there. Without the washer seems abit better but still not 100%

Looks like at some point just after the forks it veers left and rattles. I’d try making a slight adjustment to the tilt of that end of the shooter ramp past the forks to try to keep it from going left. Just a slight bend or adding something as support under the ramp to keep it from flexing in that section could do the trick.

#14615 1 year ago

To me it looks like the first problem is hitting the forks (off the left side) which makes it veer to the right (hitting unevenly) and from there bouncing the way it does back to the left to missing the ramp flaps.

I would ensure the following

1. Make sure both forks are 100% level with the playfield - you may need to use washers under the screws to do this, or tighten them down further.
2. Check your auto-plunge strength and lower it down some in settings
3. If it gets better but still has issues further down - take a look at the screws on the ramp flap above the S shot - I've removed mine and use mylar to hold that flap down which this and the above steps gives me near 100% on all launches, auto-launches, and cleanly hit S shots.

#14616 1 year ago

Iron Maiden has this issue as well. I found bending the autolaunch forks was the best way to tune this to get a clean launch. I did a bit of trial and error, bending one fork or the other until I got consistent performance. FYI. Good luck.

#14617 1 year ago

My ball keeps getting stuck behind the ramp that is next to pop bumpers. How do you guys fix this?

#14618 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

My ball keeps getting stuck behind the ramp that is next to pop bumpers. How do you guys fix this?

A picture would be good to see the location.
First thing that comes to mind - is your game actually level and at a 6.5 degree pitch or higher? Did you use your phone and an app or are you going off the faulty level bubble that ships on these games?

#14619 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

As gjm7777 indicated, check that your PF up the top is level side-to-side. Also I assume the pitch is around 6.5-7.0, having it shallower could introduce issues like this.

#14620 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Quoted from gjm7777:

A picture would be good to see the location.
First thing that comes to mind - is your game actually level and at a 6.5 degree pitch or higher? Did you use your phone and an app or are you going off the faulty level bubble that ships on these games?

Quoted from Manny65:

As gjm7777 indicated, check that your PF up the top is level side-to-side. Also I assume the pitch is around 6.5-7.0, having is shallower could introduce issues like this.

This was happening to me occasionally as well. After reading the above I went and checked. Sure enough mine was not 6.5 plus. Bubble was near the bottom line. Digital level between the flippers registered 6.2. Raised the back legs about 9 turns each and now is reading 6.5. I placed a ball behind that ramp in a few positions and it rolls right over to the right as intended.

Bonus: Game plays better!

#14621 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

This was happening to me occasionally as well. After reading the above I went and checked. Sure enough mine was not 6.5 plus. Bubble was near the bottom line. Digital level between the flippers registered 6.2. Raised the back legs about 9 turns each and now is reading 6.5. I placed a ball behind that ramp in a few positions and it rolls right over to the right as intended.
Bonus: Game plays better!

Just wait until you try it at 7!

#14622 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Can I ask you where you got the Dino’s ruled the earth 3D letters by the launch button?

I sell the lock bar banner. PM me if interested.

#14624 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I sell the lock bar banner. PM me if interested.

Are the letters in this raised?

#14625 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Are the letters in this raised?

Yes, this is a 3D printed item with depth to each of the colored layers.

#14626 1 year ago

My auto launch button has never worked. It lights up and everything seems aligned, but it doesn’t let me launch, select the control wizards, or the smart missile awards. It looks like there might be a piece of black paper between the connectors, but I’m not sure if that’s intentional.

#14627 1 year ago

The light and the switch are separate parts of the action button. Can you take off your lockdown bar and then activate the button by pressing the switch leaf? I'm guess you need to tweek the switch so the button activates it.

#14628 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Pin_Fandango I just wanted to make you (and others) aware that you may start seeing this flipper system installed on games out on location soon, at least in the USA for now. Game location operators have liked what this system has to offer over and above improving player interaction, that's longevity, which for them is a big bonus. Location operators see the potential for less wear and tear, and reduced service intervals. While this system would offer top players the opportunity to enahnce their game play it's more than just appealing to Top Players. To that end I thought I'd expand a bit more;
I’ve been getting a lot of PM inquiries and questions about my flipper system mod, so I thought I’d post this as others may find this helpful.
About a year ago when I was experimenting with different flipper angles on AIQ I started taking a critical look at the components that make up the flipper mechanism. I kept thinking there’s got to be a better way. I became obsessed with wanting to improve what I felt was undoubtedly the most interactive part of playing pinball.
From my perspective some game layouts, ramps, and shot making challenges have evolved to a point where having a more refined/precise flipper system would improve the playability of the game. When you really think about that for a minute I think one could agree.
I’m pretty confident as to why all the game manufacturers keep using these same flipper parts, they’re very low cost, they’ve been the norm for years, and they work OK. As pinball enthusiasts should we just settle for OK? Maybe OK is fine, but I wanted to raise the bar.
My goal was three-fold, design a system that would make it super easy to adjust the flipper angle (from above the playfield), improve the flipper responsiveness/control, and potentially improve the overall ability for the flipper to deliver more energy to the ball.
The logical way to do this IMO was to design a system that utilized materials that transfer energy more efficiently (plastic absorbs energy), incorporate tighter tolerances into the parts to improve shot making accuracy while at the same time recovering lost energy in the mechanism, and lastly make it easy to install.
It took several different iterations to get there, but after seven months I was on track with what's now the production version. If you really want to find out just how much slop is in the factory set up, grab hold of your flipper and rock it around its rotational axis, you'll see and feel it. The number one question everyone has been asking me in PM’s is does this system increase the performance of the flippers, the answer is YES.
This system isn’t just about experienced players either. Everyone who enters into this hobby has to learn the art of ball control, having the ability to easily install a longer flipper bat gives those new players a better opportunity to perhaps shorten the learning curve. I think of the longer flipper bats as being training wheels for pinball! Then on the opposite end is the ability to easily install shortened flipper bats for those players who want a bigger challenge playing the game. The ‘Long and Short’ of it is this system brings it all together.
This mod may not be for everyone, and that’s fine, I’m not trying to convince everyone to ditch their factory flipper set up. But for those players looking for a high-quality product that rewards the player with enhanced playability and opens the door for more options (now and in the future) then this system is for you!
I’ve been playing pinball going on sixty years now, it all started for me at my local bowling alley arcade. A lot has changed in pinball over the years and that’s a good thing, we’ve all benefited from those advancements. Developing this mod is my way of helping to move the hobby and industry forward in an area that in my opinion has been overlooked by the manufacturers for too long. Players now have more options to mod their games, as I see it that’s a good thing.
Happy Flippen!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

I installed your flipper kit and bushings. Installation was easy and I think they look really nice. I do feel a difference when the ball hits the flipper, the bouncy feeling is not there. I can catch and trap the ball better and the shots are definitely more accurate. I found that I am more easily able to make the call outs and lit shots, thus improving my score. I am not a great player by any means but after a couple of games I was consistently in the upper 400 million.

So far, looks like a great product.

0B4B3EA1-AFD7-48FA-BC71-B4ADA365BDD4 (resized).jpeg0B4B3EA1-AFD7-48FA-BC71-B4ADA365BDD4 (resized).jpegA2514EA2-2CB7-4A37-BC17-363838F9AFB5 (resized).jpegA2514EA2-2CB7-4A37-BC17-363838F9AFB5 (resized).jpegB6A366DD-F289-453E-A445-287642FF43E4 (resized).jpegB6A366DD-F289-453E-A445-287642FF43E4 (resized).jpeg
#14629 1 year ago

I found the same thing for this flipper system. Very precise, less flex, and better feel. I posted a detailed review in the mods forum, and got savaged for this. Glad to know others see the benefits here. Great looking color, too.

#14630 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, this is a 3D printed item with depth to each of the colored layers.

PM sent

#14631 1 year ago

For those who are interested, just added Green Flipper Bats to the line up of color choices.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

inline color line up (resized).jpginline color line up (resized).jpg
#14632 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

For those who are interested, just added Green Flipper Bats to the line up of color choices.

Will more colors be coming?

#14633 1 year ago

Will more colors be coming?

I might be adding Purple in the near future. I've been keeping track of colors that some have been requesting to determine what is popular. I'm working on the flipper bat toppers as well that can be added to create some nice 3D looking effects, those are still a ways off but when ready they will complement the base flipper bat colors. Stay tunned.

#14634 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I might be adding Purple in the near future.

This is the color I was looking for. I just hope its a nice deep purple.

#14635 1 year ago

Smoke on the water...

#14636 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Smoke on the water...

Exactly!

#14637 1 year ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I installed your flipper kit and bushings. Installation was easy and I think they look really nice. I do feel a difference when the ball hits the flipper, the bouncy feeling is not there. I can catch and trap the ball better and the shots are definitely more accurate. I found that I am more easily able to make the call outs and lit shots, thus improving my score. I am not a great player by any means but after a couple of games I was consistently in the upper 400 million.
So far, looks like a great product.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look nice! How much are they for a complete set for JP?

#14638 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They look nice! How much are they for a complete set for JP?

Never mind ....just looked $85

#14639 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Never mind ....just looked $85

Actually they were about $160 including the 3 bushings and shipping

#14640 1 year ago

I'm currently working to catch up on orders so these new items are not in the store yet, but just wanted to post a heads up on these three JP brackets that will be in the pinmonk store here (and on pinmonk.com) soon.

First is a gradient bracket from yellow to orange for the all-white inserts on the center shot:
Rescue_Ladder_Before_After_small (resized).jpgRescue_Ladder_Before_After_small (resized).jpg

This is a bracket to make the electricity more of a bluish color instead of stark white:
electricity_bracket_before_after_small (resized).jpgelectricity_bracket_before_after_small (resized).jpg

Finally, the Nublar is a light-blocking bracket like the RUSH owl eyes so the mountain picture doesn't have insert starburst bleeding through. Just the explosion area at the top and sides are lit.
nublar_bracket_before_after-sml (resized).jpgnublar_bracket_before_after-sml (resized).jpg

#14641 1 year ago

Simple question - is it possible to hit the smart missile target if the jeep is on the right-hand side? Seems like a thread the needle shot if so, but just wanted to check before I go crazy.

#14642 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Simple question - is it possible to hit the smart missile target if the jeep is on the right-hand side? Seems like a thread the needle shot if so, but just wanted to check before I go crazy.

Ya it is, but as hard as the O shot. Lol.

#14643 1 year ago

Anyone know of any dealers that may have a premium available?

#14644 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Yes it’s possible to squeeze it past there, or you can try and cheese it and shoot the center spinner, at the right strength it will drop into the pops and then you have to hope for a lucky hit

#14645 1 year ago

Perfect Strangers for me please

#14646 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm currently working to catch up on orders so they're not in the store yet, but just wanted to post these three JP brackets that will be in the pinmonk store here (and on pinmonk.com soon).
First is a gradient bracket from yellow to orange for the all-white inserts on the center shot:
[quoted image]
This is a bracket to make the electricity more of a bluish color instead of stark white:
[quoted image]
Finally, the Nublar is a light-blocking bracket like the RUSH owl eyes so the mountain picture doesn't have insert starburst bleeding through. Just the explosion area at the top and sides are lit.
[quoted image]

Have all of yours on my RUSH LE, looking forward to this.

#14647 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Have all of yours on my RUSH LE, looking forward to this.

Appreciate the support. I would have already put them up, but I need to get caught up on orders and didn't want to put 3 new things in the store until I could ship them right away. Shouldn't be long, though.

#14648 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm currently working to catch up on orders so they're not in the store yet, but just wanted to post these three JP brackets that will be in the pinmonk store here (and on pinmonk.com soon).

These look AWESOME! Please post when they are listed here.

#14649 1 year ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Actually they were about $160 including the 3 bushings and shipping

Oh wow....thats not cheap for flippers

#14650 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh wow....thats not cheap for flippers

I was considering them, but after adding $45 postage to Australia and currency conversion now I'm considering not getting them

194.00 US Dollar = 280.66 Australian Dollar

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

13,200 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

12,000 (OBO)
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/293 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.