(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 427.
#14351 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Excuse me. You people are rude. I have payed alot for my machines and don’t mind it. I’m just joining the ranks of asking to get paid appropriately for the demand of a product I have.
Your comments do not surprise me. You are the most negatively critiquing community I have been associated with. This is probably why Stern won’t talk to you anymore directly. Quality products cost quality money. I value the product I have From Stern and expect to get paid appropriately for a valuable product I currently have and others want…or will just keep myself.
Pinball is expensive for obvious reasons. That will not change or the hobby will die. Grow up. [quoted image]

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya buddy!

#14352 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ski pass on yours at 6.8? I think I’m slightly lower at 6.7 and it’s pretty close but not quite.

I am 6.8 by the truck and 6.6 by the flippers, my pf isn’t exactly flat it seems.
Yes ski pass all day!

#14353 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya buddy!

Yea cool.

#14354 1 year ago

Well the good news is u can drain this thread and never return

#14355 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well the good news is u can drain this thread and never return

Yea cool. Thanks. All because I offered something at high price. Nah. I’ll stay. Thanks, dick.

#14356 1 year ago

I would hate to see a fellow pinsider pay 4-5x more than MSRP for a factory accessory especially with more coming down the line. You should save them for about 5 years and find a sucker then.

#14357 1 year ago

REMOVED: No need for my comment

#14358 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Yea cool. Thanks. All because I offered something at high price. Nah. I’ll stay. Thanks, dick.

Read the room.

#14359 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

I was trying to save you the embarrassment of getting slammed in this thread

#14360 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Yeah, I mean seriously. A guy comes into an owners thread that is NOT a for sale location, offers a set of side rails for 4x the MSRP and then tells everyone on the thread that they are all rude a-holes for having the opinion that perhaps he might have gone about all this the wrong way. How intolerant of everyone else on the thread, clearly.

#14361 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yeah, I mean seriously. A guy comes into an owners thread that is NOT a for sale location, offers a set of side rails for 4x the MSRP and then tells everyone on the thread that they are all rude a-holes for having the opinion that perhaps he might have gone about all this the wrong way. How intolerant of everyone else on the thread, clearly.

This whole thing was truly bizarre to watch unfold

#14362 1 year ago

I installed the Precision Pinball Aluminum Flippers on my JP Premium over the weekend. I saw these and I loved the look -I really appreciate precision-crafted mods so I figured I’d give them a try. TLDR summary - these rock!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin.

702BC4EB-894A-4768-B8CC-79E867B2ADF5 (resized).jpeg702BC4EB-894A-4768-B8CC-79E867B2ADF5 (resized).jpeg8CA245CF-68C3-40B4-AB1F-6F1DA099932C (resized).jpeg8CA245CF-68C3-40B4-AB1F-6F1DA099932C (resized).jpeg9A8B5DFC-2432-4D28-AB3E-7CBCEF856D97 (resized).jpeg9A8B5DFC-2432-4D28-AB3E-7CBCEF856D97 (resized).jpeg
#14363 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I installed the Precision Pinball Aluminum Flippers on my JP Premium over the weekend. I saw these and I loved the look -I really appreciate precision-crafted mods so I figured I’d give them a try. TLDR summary - these rock!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
They really simplify installation and adjustment of the flippers very much. You don’t have to line up the flipper with the hole when installing. Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten. The fine tuning adjustments are made from the top after the shaft is tight in the assembly. I had to adjust the upper flipper slightly after play testing and it was simple. No need to raise the playfield at all. And they play just like the regular flippers. I really love the precision look of the machined aluminium in my pin.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've been eyeballing these. Do they actually seem to improve flipper accuracy, power or control at all? The same folks are about to release a machined aluminum playfield bushing for the system that could prove to be a game changer. Pun intended.

#14364 1 year ago

What is your opinion on JP Pro VS JP Premium?

#14365 1 year ago

For those thinking about the “ski pass” topic, don’t forget that your choice of flipper rubber is also a factor. I could easily roll pass with the stock black rubbers from Stern, but the more grippy surface of super bands slows the ball enough that it’s no longer a gimmie. Haven’t tried Titan flipper bands on JP yet. Might do that today just out of curiosity.

#14366 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've been eyeballing these. Do they actually seem to improve flipper accuracy, power or control at all? The same folks are about to release a machined aluminum playfield bushing for the system that could prove to be a game changer. Pun intended.

The aluminium flippers feel just like stock flippers when playing. I’ve ordered a set of bushings (and also flippers and bushings for all of my other games) which should arrive soon. I’ll post an update when I’ve tested the bushings.

#14367 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The aluminium flippers feel just like stock flippers when playing. I’ve ordered a set of bushings (and also flippers and bushings for all of my other games) which should arrive soon. I’ll post an update when I’ve tested the bushings.

I look forward to hearing how much the bushings help out. I saw a video from "the slo mo giys" explaining how a pinball machine works. We all pretty much know that, BUT..... the slow motion video capture of the flippers in action is stunning and hypnotic to me. There is soooo much play and slop in the oem assembly. I'll post a link. It's an amazing short watch.

#14368 1 year ago

Check out this 2000 frame per second! slow motion video if you havnt seen it. It's pretty awesome, and inadvertently demonstrates just how much slop is in stock flipper assemblies.

#14369 1 year ago

Check out this 2000 frame per second! slow motion video if you havnt seen it. It's pretty awesome, and inadvertently demonstrates just how much slop is in stock flipper assemblies.

I'd love to see what these metal flippers look like in slow motion.

#14370 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

What is your opinion on JP Pro VS JP Premium?

I'm relatively new to the club myself however my opinion:

Premium has the best art for cabinet and translite
Moving T-Rex head really is cool, and so is the raptor pen and helicopter
Premium has better apron, and overall machine has heavier feel

Both games shoot great though, and check out the movie code no matter which version you opt for.

#14371 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I'm relatively new to the club myself however my opinion:

Premium has the best art for cabinet and translite
Moving T-Rex head really is cool, and so is the raptor pen and helicopter
Premium has better apron, and overall machine has heavier feel

I think, artwork wise, I prefer the Cabinet of the Pro and the Backglass of the LE. Im not a huge fan of the yellow/orange colour tones of the Premium. But as far as overall game, you can't go wrong with either but Premium is better if you can afford it.

#14372 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I installed the Precision Pinball Aluminum Flippers on my JP Premium over the weekend. I saw these and I loved the look -I really appreciate precision-crafted mods so I figured I’d give them a try.

The upper right third flipper on your machine appears to be aligned a bit too high. The tip of the flipper should sag below the alignment dot in the playfield which allows the ball to interact with the post just a hint when set properly. With those fancy machined flippers, should be a simple adjustment for you!

#14373 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

That Free Play card is just wrong...... LOL

#14374 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Where can I get the free play card!?!??!?!

#14375 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The upper right third flipper on your machine appears to be aligned a bit too high. The tip of the flipper should sag below the alignment dot in the playfield which allows the ball to interact with the post just a hint when set properly. With those fancy machined flippers, should be a simple adjustment for you!

Some of us do that on purpose to reduce interaction with the slings that follows interaction with the upper flipper post.

#14376 1 year ago

Interesting, I didn't know that. Mine is aligned so the ball will feed to the left flipper. Great for control, but it does make the side shot much harder to hit than it is on location games I've played. I've been hesitant to adjust it too much for the thoughts of losing control.

#14377 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Interesting, I didn't know that. Mine is aligned so the ball will feed to the left flipper. Great for control, but it does make the side shot much harder to hit than it is on location games I've played. I've been hesitant to adjust it too much for the thoughts of losing control.

I recently adjusted mine and the ability to make the tower shot improved substantially. So worth it.

#14378 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

There is a list of personal preferences discussed a bunch of times in both of the JP pinside conference threads. The angle of the playfield and the adjustment of the upper flipper are two very common discussions. Two other common preference discussions revolve around the alignment of the two main flippers with regards to the alignment dots, and the power setting of the slings.

At the end of the day, every owner can do what they like in their machine. I like my machine at 6.5 degrees, the upper flipper sagging a bit, the lower flippers aligned to the dots and the sling power settings down to 225 or so. I also have it set to 5 balls and 3 tilt warnings, but that's just me...

#14379 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Some of us do that on purpose to reduce interaction with the slings that follows interaction with the upper flipper post.

Is there a reason why you’d not always try to hit the tower shot? While my flipper sits with the post exposed (aligned as per Keith’s recommendation), I always go for the tower shot … of course I have to occasionally deal with a bricked shot but the only time that post really comes into play for me is when I nail it going for the “O” shot. Just wondering whether there is something I’m missing. Thanks

#14380 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is there a reason why you’d not always try to hit the tower shot? While mine flipper sits with the post exposed (aligned as per Keith’s recommendation), I always go for the tower shot … of course I have to occasionally deal with a bricked shot but the only time that post really comes into play for me is when I nail it going for the “O” shot. Just wondering whether there is something I’m missing. Thanks

I always flip the upper right too. You might score something useful. A missed attempted upper flipper shot is about the same as just not flipping it at all. I don't see any real advantage not to try.

I'd rather attempt to nail the tower shot for a controlled feed to the lower left flipper, or you might even loop it back around and try again.

#14381 1 year ago

For me it’s about those times (like rapid inner loop shots) that I miss or don’t think I’m going to get a clean shot at anything with the upper flipper. In those cases, I’d rather have it feed the lower flipper than feed the slings. Depending on the speed of the ball, my setup usually winds up near the tip of the right flipper. Sometimes I have to give a nudge to save a drain feed. Personal preference at the moment. I might change it back someday but for now I like the feel of bypassing the post.

#14382 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten.

I really like the look of these flippers and the no play bushings. But what I would really like to see is a way to tighten the flipper arm to the mech that doesn't require me to apply so much force to the bolt and mech that it feels at risk of breaking. (Also at risk of breaking my knuckles when the allen key slips)

#14383 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

I really like the look of these flippers and the no play bushings. But what I would really like to see is a way to tighten the flipper arm to the mech that doesn't require me to apply so much force to the bolt and mech that it feels at risk of breaking. (Also at risk of breaking my knuckles when the allen key slips)

This^^^
It is the absolute worst part of any flipper job.
If they come up with a better lock I would be all over it

#14384 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Where can I get the free play card!?!??!?!

Have you got a printer?

2E933FCF-E6AC-4E15-A9E1-90AB8A7A1E94 (resized).jpeg2E933FCF-E6AC-4E15-A9E1-90AB8A7A1E94 (resized).jpeg
#14385 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

For me it’s about those times (like rapid inner loop shots) that I miss or don’t think I’m going to get a clean shot at anything with the upper flipper. In those cases, I’d rather have it feed the lower flipper than feed the slings. Depending on the speed of the ball, my setup usually winds up near the tip of the right flipper. Sometimes I have to give a nudge to save a drain feed. Personal preference at the moment. I might change it back someday but for now I like the feel of bypassing the post.

I usually go for the tower or loop shot. One other thing I also do is simply hold the right flipper, coming out of the loop and simply holding the upper flipper sends the ball to the supply drop target to collect that if lit.

#14386 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

holding the upper flipper sends the ball to the supply drop target to collect that if lit.

Nice tip. I’ll have to give that a try!

#14387 1 year ago

After further play I’d like to revise my review of Precision Pinball’s Aluminium flippers. I originally said that they play just like stock flippers. But after several more games I have realized that they don’t. They have a much more solid feel than the stock plastic flippers. When doing a dead catch or letting the ball just bounce off of the flipper instead of flipping, they are a bit more dense and don’t flex like stock plastic flippers and therefore more predictable.

I’m truly looking forward to receiving and installing the aluminum bushings that go with these. I’m hoping that the “slop” introduced by the plastic bushings will be reduced. I’m finding that these flippers are making it a bit easier to aim more precisely. At first I was a bit hesitant to spend around $100 on a set of flippers, but after thinking about it I have realized that I will spend that much or more on a pretty mod to make my game look cooler without thinking about the cost. Spending this much and getting more precision when shooting as well as better ball handling is a no-brainier for me now. I’ve ordered these for all of my games.

#14388 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

After further play I’d like to revise my review of Precision Pinball’s Aluminium flippers. I originally said that they play just like stock flippers. But after several more games I have realized that they don’t. They have a much more solid feel than the stock plastic flippers. When doing a dead catch or letting the ball just bounce off of the flipper instead of flipping, they are a bit more dense and don’t flex like stock plastic flippers and therefore more predictable.

I’m truly looking forward to receiving and installing the aluminum bushings that go with these. I’m hoping that the “slop” introduced by the plastic bushings will be reduced. I’m finding that these flippers are making it a bit easier to aim more precisely. At first I was a bit hesitant to spend around $100 on a set of flippers, but after thinking about it I have realized that I will spend that much or more on a pretty mod to make my game look cooler without thinking about the cost. Spending this much and getting more precision when shooting as well as better ball handling is a no-brainier for me now. I’ve ordered these for all of my games.

#14389 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Although I agree with the above, it is just not practical for a competitor to upgrade, as all games found on location will have normal flippers.
This might work for some that enjoy this level of tuning in their own games.
Top players have not needed metal flippers and they will most likely never will.

#14390 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Although I agree with the above, it is just not practical for a competitor to upgrade, as all games found on location will have normal flippers.
This might work for some that enjoy this level of tuning in their own games.
Top players have not needed metal flippers and they will most likely never will.

I agree. I am a competitive player as well. These will change how you play on “your” games. But I. Also play a lot on “location” games. These always play differently than mine. I have to keep my game sharp on all of these!

#14391 1 year ago

But they are VERY COOL looking!!!!!

#14392 1 year ago

There is a list of personal preferences discussed a bunch of times in both of the JP pinside conference threads. The angle of the playfield and the adjustment of the upper flipper are two very common discussions. Two other common preference discussions revolve around the alignment of the two main flippers with regards to the alignment dots, and the power setting of the slings.
At the end of the day, every owner can do what they like in their machine. I like my machine at 6.5 degrees, the upper flipper sagging a bit, the lower flippers aligned to the dots and the sling power settings down to 225 or so. I also have it set to 5 balls and 3 tilt warnings, but that's just me...

Question on Sling setting. I checked mine and installed is 25.... not 200 + ??

#14393 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Question on Sling setting. I checked mine and installed is 25.... not 200 + ??

You are correct. I meant 25, not 225.

#14394 1 year ago

You are correct. I meant 25, not 225.

So do leave it at default...?

#14395 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So do leave it at default...?

Early machines/gamecode had a higher default for many of the coils, including the auto plunger, the ball eject, the slings, etc. Various reasons to adjust each of them. If your slings are set to 25, then I'd stay there until you dial-in your own preferences after playing for awhile.

#14396 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Rat That is just one (of many) reasons that compelled me to design this system, I too hated to have to deal with the flippers, real PITA, and you need three hands to do it correctly.

You can kiss those days Good Bye after you install my mod! That is one of the real benefits of this flipper system, you are One and Done, you never have to futz with that flipper arm bolt again.

#14397 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

you never have to futz with that flipper arm bolt again.

Good job, but now you need to redesign the flipper shaft and tension mech and put a star shaped section where it clamps, then miro adjustments can be made from above.
Then get all the manufacturers to upgrade to this system so that no-one ever has to deal with that again

#14398 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Good job, but now you need to redesign the flipper shaft and tension mech and put a star shaped section where it clamps, then miro adjustments can be made from above.
Then get all the manufacturers to upgrade to this system so that no-one ever has to deal with that again

Not sure if you read crwjumper's post #14363, micro adjustments are easily made from above the playfield with this mod. Once you clamp down the shaft you don't have to go under there again to do any fine tuning or adjusting of the flipper. I do agree that redesigning those clamps using a different approach would be a good thing too. Maybe I'll take a look at that a little more......

Hmm..., let's see, get all the manufacturers to upgrade, I wish

#14399 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Rat That is just one (of many) reasons that compelled me to design this system, I too hated to have to deal with the flippers, real PITA, and you need three hands to do it correctly.
You can kiss those days Good Bye after you install my mod! That is one of the real benefits of this flipper system, you are One and Done, you never have to futz with that flipper arm bolt again.

Nicely engineered - well done!

Couple of questions:
1. Is the additional 2 screw holes in the top of the flipper bat for future decal plates? Or what are they for?
2. Do you sit the shaft down flush on the bushing or do you gap it to reduce friction & wear?
3. I see in the kit there is a square metal piece with 3 holes, as well as 3 screws - what are these for?

Thanks

#14400 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nicely engineered - well done!
Couple of questions:
1. Is the additional 2 screw holes in the top of the flipper bat for future decal plates? Or what are they for?
2. Do you sit the shaft down flush on the bushing or do you gap it to reduce friction & wear?
3. I see in the kit there is a square metal piece with 3 holes, as well as 3 screws - what are these for?
Thanks

Manny65 Thanks for the kudos!

I see your paying attention. The two small threaded holes in the top near the flipper shaft retaining screw serve two functions. The first being to facilitate angle adjustment and or removal. The second purpose is to secure custom flipper art toppers which I'm working on and will be available in the future. Easy add on mod to those who already have the flipper system installed.

The flipper shaft rests on the top of the bushing. However, there is a small amount of vertical float when everything is set up and installed, so yes a small gap. Those mating surfaces are vary small, and being metal they will far outlive the plastic.

Lastly, the square metal part with the three holes is used to aid in removing the flipper from it's shaft, the interface method I chose is very secure. See attached photo.

Thanks, really dig your avatar photo!

20220324_072001_resized (resized).jpg20220324_072001_resized (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/288?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.