(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 427.
#14301 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

a hair dryer will break down blue loctite very quickly if you ever need to simplify the removal of it.
A counter nut/jam nut is the next step if that fails.
Loctite is the only way to go around this. The machine should have come with it from factory but some of these assys did not have it. Once adjusted, you will never touch this again, likely, for the next 30 years.

The mech already has a lock nut (what you refer to as a counter or jam nut), as the collar in the bracket is threaded. To effectively jam/lock them together you do need to hold the rubber stopper from turning while tightening it up. Check out the pic in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181#post-6068332

#14302 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Post in the market place...not sure why u posted no information....I heard stern is doing another run of these by the way

Wants stupid money.... maybe someone will be dumb enough

#14303 1 year ago

So what I thought to be a problem with the pop bumpers not firing due to sensitivity I now believe is the ball guide being installed wrong. When the ball drops into the Amber pops from the orbit (top center of PF) the guide directs the ball in such away that it never contacts the first pop bumper and coincidentally just rolls through the pops and drains down the main PF via the right outer orbit ramp. There doesn't appear to be an adjustment short of re-drilling another hole or larger hole, either of which I don't think is going to work well or keep the guide tight in place. Basically the only way to get points in the pops is via the smart missle shot.

#14304 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Word is they will be making more

Post in the market place...not sure why u posted no information....I heard stern is doing another run of these by the way

Sounds great. I encourage everyone to wait for that to happen. Or buy the pair I have now. Up to them. Not sure why people have a problem with this? Am I breaking rules? Nah. It’s pinball. Thanks.

#14305 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Wants stupid money.... maybe someone will be dumb enough

Whats he asking?

#14306 1 year ago

#14307 1 year ago

Thats funny!

#14308 1 year ago

You forgot to mention shipping is included.

#14309 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

What a deal!

#14310 1 year ago

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What

What a deal!

Go big or go home.
Supply and demand.
Worse comes to worst I have an extra set of side armor for my project JP in 20 years. I’m very cool with that.
Thanks for being rude railbirds, I suppose.

JProcks.
(Part of the reason it’s so expensive, I’m cool with that, too. Hopefully KME will make a sequel. I’m rooting for it.)
✌️

#14311 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Go big or go home.
Supply and demand.
Worse comes to worst I have an extra set of side armor for my project JP in 20 years. I’m very cool with that.
Thanks for being rude railbirds, I suppose.
JProcks.
(Part of the reason it’s so expensive, I’m cool with that, too. Hopefully KME will make a sequel. I’m rooting for it.)
✌️

A grand is ridiculous. You must not want to sell apparently.

#14312 1 year ago

#14313 1 year ago

What I figured.... stupid money..

#14314 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

What I figured.... stupid money..

They were $250...and will be again...

#14315 1 year ago

Would you trade a 7 week old JP Premium for a really nice LOTR?

#14316 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

My initial thought reading this was a hard “NO”…but LOTR is really inflated right now so if it’s really nice the current values may be similar to a JP premium assuming you paid MSRP.

I just sold my LOTR and kinda regret it, but I have a small collection and one pin needs to go to get another in. JP kicks my ass way harder than LOTR did, but I’ve played JP more in the few weeks I’ve owned it than i ever did LOTR

#14317 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

My initial thought reading this was a hard “NO”…but LOTR is really inflated right now so if it’s really nice the current values may be similar to a JP premium assuming you paid MSRP.
I just sold my LOTR and kinda regret it, but I have a small collection and one pin needs to go to get another in. JP kicks my ass way harder than LOTR did, but I’ve played JP more in the few weeks I’ve owned it than i ever did LOTR

Yes, but you just got the JP so it's still the honeymoon, right? I got my JP game memorial weekend (which the T-rex broke the second day and still doesn't work) and got a Stern Pirates about 1 month later. Being all new to the sport, we all enjoy Pirates more. The only use JP gets is when someone is already playing the other. It seems a really difficult game for a novice and frankly my really poor experience with my first NIB game (no dealer support and bare minimum response from Stern) just seems to piss me off every time I try to play it and the T-rex doesn't work. That combined with the ball guide on the PF not mounted right, IDK. I just feel the the quality of the new Stern stuff has gone to hell. Heck you can barely get the glass off the playfield. From what I've read, LOTR was built back when they put more time and effort into it vs the fast food approach of today just trying to keep up with demand.

Seems like LOTR is more of an iconic theme and makes me think that while it's already established itself as one of the greats, it will rise in value where JP I'm guessing won't. Who knows,

#14318 1 year ago

Yes, but you just got the JP so it's still the honeymoon, right? I got my JP game memorial weekend (which the T-rex broke the second day and still doesn't work) and got a Stern Pirates about 1 month later. Being all new to the sport, we all enjoy Pirates more. The only use JP gets is when someone is already playing the other. It seems a really difficult game for a novice and frankly my really poor experience with my first NIB game (no dealer support and bare minimum response from Stern) just seems to piss me off every time I try to play it and the T-rex doesn't work. That combined with the ball guide on the PF not mounted right, IDK. I just feel the the quality of the new Stern stuff has gone to hell. Heck you can barely get the glass off the playfield. From what I've read, LOTR was built back when they put more time and effort into it vs the fast food approach of today just trying to keep up with demand.
Seems like LOTR is more of an iconic theme and makes me think that while it's already established itself as one of the greats, it will rise in value where JP I'm guessing won't. Who knows,

Honeymoon phase definitely, but i got bored with LOTR fairly quickly and only regret selling bc I’m such a big fan of the theme

I’m not a great player by any stretch and i find myself coming back to the game to try and get better

That all being said, your T-rex not working is an absolute gamechanger and based on what else you’re saying I can’t blame your frustrations. The T-rex and overall theme make this a longer term addition to my small collection (and my wife agrees).

If you’re not playing the game and someone wants to make that deal I think I’ll change my vote to “go for it”

Can you send me a pic of the ball guide issue you’re referring to, out of curiosity

#14319 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Honeymoon phase definitely, but i got bored with LOTR fairly quickly and only regret selling bc I’m such a big fan of the theme
I’m not a great player by any stretch and i find myself coming back to the game to try and get better
That all being said, your T-rex not working is an absolute gamechanger and based on what else you’re saying I can’t blame your frustrations. The T-rex and overall theme make this a longer term addition to my small collection (and my wife agrees).
If you’re not playing the game and someone wants to make that deal I think I’ll change my vote to “go for it”
Can you send me a pic of the ball guide issue you’re referring to, out of curiosity

I could but won't be home till Thursday. Basically in the top center of the PF when the ball drains down from the outer orbit (thinks that's what you call it) into the pops the guide, I believe, is supposed to direct the ball into the first pop bumper but instead it sends the ball past, never actually causing it make contact and simply rolls through and out and down the orbit lane. I pretty much need to get a smart missle shot to fire the pops.

#14320 1 year ago

I would say if the LOTR is truly in great shape, and has a color dmd, shaker and few other nice upgrades (i.e topper, glass, Cliffy's, etc) than its pretty close to being a wash. LOTR is a great game and on par with JP

#14321 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

They were $250...and will be again...

I can get charging a premium for a current out of stock item, but 5x is just stupid....

#14322 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can get charging a premium for a current out of stock item, but 5x is just stupid....

Math is fun. Way to go.
Supply and demand. It’s actually only a small profit what I actually paid for the pair from someone on Pinside. I spent months finding the side armor I own. I have two JP machines. Spent a premium on the two sets for my machines and was lucky enough to find another. I am happy to keep the extra pair. I am also willing to sell for $1000 or I’ll trade for a playfield straight up. Haters gonna hate.

#14323 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

I am also willing to sell for $1000 or I’ll trade for a playfield straight up. Haters gonna hate.

Haters or not, it's still a shitty price so what do you expect here?

You can powder coat the entire armor for less than half that price and it'll look a lot better.

#14324 1 year ago

Count me among those who wouldn’t spend $250 for a decoration let alone $1000…but I’m tired of armor-gate anyway, so I’ll make some game-related comments:

This game is kicking my ass. My best score is 400M and i couldn’t even tell you how it happened. They’re usually around 50-100M. First step would be to learn the rules (which I’m doing), but I’ve also noticed that it feels a lot harder to control the ball at the flippers than it does on either my Deadpool or GZ. Like the ball just seems to bounce a lot more and is really difficult to catch. I thought i leveled it properly but I’ll have to check that again. Is anyone using the low-bounce rubbers from Titan?

#14325 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Count me among those who wouldn’t spend $250 for a decoration let alone $1000…but I’m tired of armor-gate anyway, so I’ll make some game-related comments:
This game is kicking my ass. My best score is 400M and i couldn’t even tell you how it happened. They’re usually around 50-100M. First step would be to learn the rules (which I’m doing), but I’ve also noticed that it feels a lot harder to control the ball at the flippers than it does on either my Deadpool or GZ. Like the ball just seems to bounce a lot more and is really difficult to catch. I thought i leveled it properly but I’ll have to check that again. Is anyone using the low-bounce rubbers from Titan?

It’s a brutal game, I’ve put a thousand on mine and still get it handed to me every now and again, no doubt it’s a great game for those who can play pretty well. Deadpool is way more achievable for me, I’m thinking of getting rid of it or putting it on location and getting something else. Or wait until it’s not produced anymore and capitalise on it.

With the hype around it I doubt it’ll be off the line in the near future

#14326 1 year ago

I’m thinking you could laser cut some lollipop rails with a killer custom design and powder coat them all for less than 1k if fancy trim is really your jam.

#14327 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This game is kicking my ass. My best score is 400M and i couldn’t even tell you how it happened. They’re usually around 50-100M.

A quick way to elevate scores is to play T-Rex mb by hitting the red lit Jackpot shots (in specific order, left to right.) It multiplies the value of each subsequent shot.

Also if you hit as many lit shots as possible before starting the mb at the T-Rex left ramp when ready, the initial jp value can be over 3M instead of starting at 500k or less.

And if 2X scoring is going, you can exceed your current average score just from TRex mb.

#14328 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Math is fun. Way to go.
Supply and demand. It’s actually only a small profit what I actually paid for the pair from someone on Pinside. I spent months finding the side armor I own. I have two JP machines. Spent a premium on the two sets for my machines and was lucky enough to find another. I am happy to keep the extra pair. I am also willing to sell for $1000 or I’ll trade for a playfield straight up. Haters gonna hate.

More like haters gonna hate someone who's only been here 5 months already scalping shit and driving up the cost of their hobby.

#14329 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

More like haters gonna hate someone who's only been here 5 months already scalping shit and driving up the cost of their hobby.

100%

Save your money people and just get lollipop rails instead for like $50. They look good and look even better with a nice Dino-skin green powder coat.

A7136EEB-EE7C-4B01-9C35-2392BF9E9968 (resized).jpegA7136EEB-EE7C-4B01-9C35-2392BF9E9968 (resized).jpeg
#14330 1 year ago

removed

#14331 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

They look good and look even better with a nice Dino-skin green powder coat.

Totally Agree

20220526_181612 (resized).jpg20220526_181612 (resized).jpg
#14332 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Totally Agree
[quoted image]

OK, now THAT is pretty snazzy.

Care to share who did it, what the specific powder coat type/shade is and what the costs were?

Thanks,

RussMyers

#14333 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Care to share who did it, what the specific powder coat type/shade is and what the costs were?
Thanks,
RussMyers

Excuse me. You people are rude. I have payed alot for my machines and don’t mind it. I’m just joining the ranks of asking to get paid appropriately for the demand of a product I have.

Your comments do not surprise me. You are the most negatively critiquing community I have been associated with. This is probably why Stern won’t talk to you anymore directly. Quality products cost quality money. I value the product I have From Stern and expect to get paid appropriately for a valuable product I currently have and others want…or will just keep myself.

Pinball is expensive for obvious reasons. That will not change or the hobby will die. Grow up.

CEA6218A-9C06-432B-8C13-8E4DC7B6F937 (resized).jpegCEA6218A-9C06-432B-8C13-8E4DC7B6F937 (resized).jpeg
#14334 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Thanks,
RussMyers

I borrowed the color from another pinsider. The lighter green shade matches the playfield color very well. It was a two coat process, so it was a little more than usual, but less than half of what that guy's asking for his flipper button covers in the post above.

Any local shop should be able to do it if they order the color from Prismatic.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-creations/274

#14335 1 year ago

"asking to get paid appropriately for the demand of a product I have"

Thats funny......

#14336 1 year ago

I was informed by a stern distributor (who called stern to confirm) that they expect the JP armour to available again in three months. This was about a month ago.

#14337 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I was informed by a stern distributor (who called stern to confirm) that they expect the JP armour to available again in three months. This was about a month ago.

Ok. Hold out. Or buy mine now. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. Also very willing to trade for a playfield as that is what I really want.
Thanks for your help.

#14338 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Ok. Hold out. Or buy mine now. I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. Also very willing to trade for a playfield as that is what I really want.
Thanks for your help.

I have a playfield I will sell you. Autographed by Keith Elwin(yes really). 1600$. I want to get paid appropriately for the product I have and don't need but that you want.

Seriously though I do have one that I won with Stern Insider(hence the autograph) but like it as wall art.

#14339 1 year ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

Thanks for your help.

Hey buddy, you quoted my post and said I was rude about something. I think you quoted the wrong post because I was complimenting the guy on his nice powdercoating, not saying anything rude.

You maybe want to go back up to that post you made and fix it please?

RussMyers

#14340 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I borrowed the color from another pinsider. The lighter green shade matches the playfield color very well. It was a two coat process, so it was a little more than usual, but less than half of what that guy's asking for his flipper button covers in the post above.
Any local shop should be able to do it if they order the color from Prismatic.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-creations/274

Nice. Thanks. Looks great.

RM

#14341 1 year ago

FFS take this side armor price stuff to PM or create a separate thread about it so you can go back and forth about it there.

Seller ask what you want and if someone thinks it's worth it then they'll pay it - there's no need to say or post more about it to try to justify it. You aren't going to change anyone's mind. Others who think the price is way high there's no need to keep posting about it. You aren't going to change the seller's mind. Move on past it.

Now back to game play. I'm trying like heck to finally get to Nublar. JP is the only one of my games I haven't beaten yet and it's starting to bother me. Been focusing on playing it more and starting to get closer but dang it's tough to get all three modes played in a single game. Even if you're careful that truck shot will still cost you a ball or two during the game.

#14342 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Now back to game play. I'm trying like heck to finally get to Nublar. JP is the only one of my games I haven't beaten yet and it's starting to bother me. Been focusing on playing it more and starting to get closer but dang it's tough to get all three modes played in a single game. Even if you're careful that truck shot will still cost you a ball or two during the game.

Finishing the game also eludes me. I've started Nublar twice but didn't make it. When I just play the Nublar challenge I Finish it about 50% of the time and never any stress really. However both times I started it in game I was so freaked out that I couldn't really remember how to play it lol. Yes alcohol was likely involved too.

I start by getting my C shot done/lit, then lock a ball in the raptor pit. Then I focus on the T-Rex modes mostly. Make sure you take a short route when you start paddocks - and get your CHAOS letters while completing the paddocks. Start Control room modes as soon as they are available.

#14343 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The mech already has a lock nut (what you refer to as a counter or jam nut), as the collar in the bracket is threaded. To effectively jam/lock them together you do need to hold the rubber stopper from turning while tightening it up. Check out the pic in https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181#post-6068332

not exactly, you can use a jam nut ( a combination of 2 nuts blocking each other) to pull the assy up on the thread and breaking the lock tite. I was not referring to the nut included in the assy, which is a KEP either 6 or 8-32.

#14344 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Do you happen to have a plastic lane protector installed?

Yes, I do, and you solved my problem. Thank you. Simple adjustment on the wireform in shooter lane. While others have said there is a setting, I am still skeptical, as I went through the menu with a fine toothed comb. That is now irrelevant as my ball launches with the button. Thanks, Dana

#14345 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Finishing the game also eludes me. I've started Nublar twice but didn't make it. When I just play the Nublar challenge I Finish it about 50% of the time and never any stress really. However both times I started it in game I was so freaked out that I couldn't really remember how to play it lol. Yes alcohol was likely involved too.
I start by getting my C shot done/lit, then lock a ball in the raptor pit. Then I focus on the T-Rex modes mostly. Make sure you take a short route when you start paddocks - and get your CHAOS letters while completing the paddocks. Start Control room modes as soon as they are available.

Yeah I think I need to start playing Control Rooms when they light. So far I’ve always been inclined to not try to start them because my thinking has been they’ll always be there stacked for me to do when I get through the other stuff. But reality has been that Secure Control room has most often been the mode I’m missing to get to Nublar. Gonna start playing them as soon as they light now. That might help.

#14346 1 year ago

I'm nowhere close to finishing this game. Not even remotely. Probably never will.

#14347 1 year ago

Question for anyone to chime in on their setup for JP. Do you have it set up steep enough so you can ski pass from left flipper to right flipper as a ball comes off the wireform to the left inlane? On mine it can maybe sometimes do it but often falls just short. I'm hesitant to increase pitch though because I have all the shots pretty nicely dialed in. C-lane is consistent and feeds out consistently and I can even target and hit the O lane on a somewhat reliable basis.

If I change pitch so I can ski pass it would make for a lot better ball control to progress to Nublar, but the downside is that I might have to re- dial in some shots and on JP that can be a decent size downside. I don't have my AIQ or GZ set up to consistently ski pass either. I kind of like having the challenge of not being able to rely on that, but it seems like I might want to make the change if I don't get to Nublar soon. Lol decisions, decisions....

#14348 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Question for anyone to chime in on their setup for JP. Do you have it set up steep enough so you can ski pass from left flipper to right flipper as a ball comes off the wireform to the left inlane? On mine it can maybe sometimes do it but often falls just short. I'm hesitant to increase pitch though because I have all the shots pretty nicely dialed in. C-lane is consistent and feeds out consistently and I can even target and hit the O lane on a somewhat reliable basis.
If I change pitch so I can ski pass it would make for a lot better ball control to progress to Nublar, but the downside is that I might have to re- dial in some shots and on JP that can be a decent size downside. I don't have my AIQ or GZ set up to consistently ski pass either. I kind of like having the challenge of not being able to rely on that, but it seems like I might want to make the change if I don't get to Nublar soon. Lol decisions, decisions....

Absolutely! it's easy at 7.0 which is Elwin's recommended pitch is my understanding on all games you listed. You'll get used to it, you actually have more control at that pitch although it seems counter-intuitive.

#14349 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Absolutely! it's easy at 7.0 which is Elwin's recommended pitch is my understanding on all games you listed. You'll get used to it, you actually have more control at that pitch although it seems counter-intuitive.

6.8 did the trick for me. Plays fast!

#14350 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

6.8 did the trick for me. Plays fast!

Ski pass on yours at 6.8? I think I’m slightly lower at 6.7 and it’s pretty close but not quite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 287 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/287?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.